AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-22, 01:20   Link #381
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardf29 View Post

And I also think that Taichi's helping Yui might cause some problems between him and Iori. He did, after all, nearly get caught by Class Rep in thinking that he was "cheating".
Yeah, and Himeko was pretty upset at Taichi regarding him and Iori. The flag he made with Yui, and the problems that I'm sure Iori's having probably won't be helping things much.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:36   Link #382
desrtsku
Nympholept

This might actually be the surprise of the season, really. The episode was so good and from what it looked like it'll get even more tense later. It still feel weird to see that Yui's problem was solved with a kick though, but it doesn't look like she's totally cured either. Needless to say it's rare to see a guy raising a flag after striking his own nuts .
I'm looking forward to Inaba and Iori's issues next.
Old 2012-07-22, 01:36   Link #383
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Kokoro Connect is a funny series this season. Whilst a lot of series tend to be waning in quality after their premiers (*cough Sword Art Online latest episode*), this one keeps getting better and better.

I did not like the first episode at all, and the second episode whilst being substantially better did not really grab my attention. Good thing I usually follow by the 3 episode rule because this episode was legitimately great and now I am sold on it.

There's a great balance of drama and comedy here. On the drama side, I think I can safely regard this show as a "gender identity" issue and with various characters trying to get over their own personal difficulties - Yui with her past attempted rape and fear of men, Inaba will her parent's divorce and I'm sure that Himeko and the two males will get their stories in there somehow.

The comedy bits were genuinely funny. I lold when Yui and Taichi switched bodies and then Taichi kicked his bodyswitched self in the balls and then they reverted back to their bodies. I also smirked earlier on whilst they were recording fake confessions on the bodyswitched person's phones to give a little "push" for their respective crushes to get an idea that they liked each other. That was kinda cute I guess :3.

Anyways, great third episode. What I expected to be a fanservicey romcom fest after reading the premise is turning out to be a great gender identity drama/comedy. Awesome, now I have both this and Tari Tari this season for the slice of life genre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
This might actually be the surprise of the season, really.
It is a bit of a surprise considering how mediocre the pilot episode, but the -real- surprise of the season is Jinrui wa Shuitai Shimashita, considering it had almost no hype at all when before it aired. It's surrealism and comedy reminds me of Mawaru Penguindrum which I enjoyed a lot.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 01:40   Link #384
Qilin
Romanticist

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardf29 View Post
I guess I can't see any reason behind why there would be doubts that the anime would treat it as a serious issue. Sure, most anime don't, but already this show is proving to not be like most anime.
I guess that's just me being cynical. I've seen too many unreasonably selfless characters in my anime to expect any different. But whatever the case, if this series does surpass my expectations, I'd be pleasantly surprised.
Old 2012-07-22, 02:07   Link #385
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 02:32   Link #386
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I certainly agree this show has massively improved since the premiere, and it's definitely a keeper. For me though, it's working strictly as an interesting story with a lot of character dynamics - the humor has fallen pretty much flat for me every time it's been attempted.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 02:33   Link #387
novalysis

Once again, Kokoro connect Impresses me with it's strong characterization and development. This is Body Swapping done right, a very powerful exercise in character exploration.

Shows like this live and die by the strength and depth of it's characters, it's emotional content, and Kokoro Connect Delivers.

10/10 for Episode 3.

Even if it seems that Taichi's in danger of acquiring a harem.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 03:07   Link #388
MasterVampire

Another good episode
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 03:27   Link #389
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Yup yup. My instinct does not lie (so far). I've been hooked by this anime since its first episode. I saw enough potential back then (my posts some pages back) and I'm glad it delivers until this point. This kinda feeling I didn't get when I saw the first ep of Dakara Ecchi for example.
Old 2012-07-22, 03:31   Link #390
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
You know, this show actually reminds me of Wandering Son a bit in that it deals with gender identity. It's different of course in both execution and tone, but it's really rare that premises that involve crossdressing or in this case bodyswitching aren't used as the butt of a joke. In other words... nothing like K-on as well as some of the haters will tell you .

Whether it will be as good as Wandering Son - only time will tell.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 03:37   Link #391
Silvance
Storm Vanguard
*Graphic Designer

Well, I liked it. The confession part was just hilarious especially when Inaba said that she'll run naked around the campus. lol.

Wow... Critical hit to the nads. That looked really painful. Taichi's facial expression for that scene was done splendidly.

I have to admit, I did not expect Taichi to raise a flag with Yui. The scene where Yui greeted Taichi and constantly pat him on the back made her look more endearing than usual for some reason.

As for Iori's mom. I wonder if she spoke to Iori about remarrying some guy

Last edited by Silvance; 2012-07-22 at 03:58.
Silvance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 03:52   Link #392
Jmko
Normal Member
*Graphic Designer

http://kidshealth.org/teen/safety/fi...injuries.html#
Jmko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 04:14   Link #393
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have to say when the season began this was probably going to be one the lowest shows ranked on my watch list, but after the third episode it jumped up to my second favorite of the season.

I guess my only real complaint is that while the random sudden body swap dynamic leads to some very interesting and creative situation and interpersonal dynamics, it leads to some confusion on my part since I tend to be bad with names.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 05:32   Link #394
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

this anime turned out better than i expected, in every aspect, and im glad since this is one of the really good animes this season.
Old 2012-07-22, 05:54   Link #395
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I certainly agree this show has massively improved since the premiere, and it's definitely a keeper. For me though, it's working strictly as an interesting story with a lot of character dynamics - the humor has fallen pretty much flat for me every time it's been attempted.
Yeah, that closely mirrors my own views.

The overall writing and dialogue for this is excellent, and there was a lot to love in Episode 3. But the show definitely has a touch of Okada-style emasculation humor.

Still, at least the bodyswitching premise gives that style of humor a neat new spin. And Taichi, while clearly insane, is also a character that I can't help but to like and respect after this episode. I really had to smile over what he said about pro wrestling, and how much he admires the jobbers.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
There were several of us who called it.

My predictions for next episode is that Inaba is the one who is close to cracking and in love with Taichi.
Yeah, I agree with that. It makes sense.

The impression I get is that Inaba puts up a bit of a strong front, but has major insecurities, and is afraid that this body-switching will make it impossible for her to hide them from her friends.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-07-22 at 06:01. Reason: Adding reply to Sackett.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 06:37   Link #396
Arya

Well, I agree with everyone here about this third episode. I enjoyed much more than the previous ones.
I really didn't expect the confession part, it surprised me, I was expecting more H stuffs coming from the bodyswitching instead of something more romantic, whatever Inaba would think about that. And even because I thought they would have waited a bit more to show us romance vibes from the main triangle side. even if they ahve been cautious over "Inaba-chi" fake confession making it as generic as possible.

Talking about the hard kicking, it worked for me (I buy it), I mean it is not like Yui was cured by that, but it was really the best way to give her some confidence. Confidence is the cure so I'm expecting that Yui is only at the beginning of her recovery.
Knowing someone's weak spot and knowing how much that spot is weak are two different things. My girlfriend was clueless almost as much as Yui was, she didn't believe how "fragile" that spot was ... Anyways, I liked the idea so I'm not going to nitpick about the execution (that could have been made a bit better I agree).

For the rest of the cast, Iori' situation seems to be as Inaba described it, she is enduring her family problems and next episode we will see if her mother intends to remarry someone or to go living in some other city leaving definitely her daughter alone. As she wasn't until know.

Aoki so far is not even in the show for me, like Wien from Tari Tari.

Taichi is a good character, but depending on how they intend to handle his selflessness it will improve or decline his character. But giving how inaba highlighted it I'm positive.

And for last, Inaba, I can't deny she is my favorite. She is smart, understanding, she seems to know everything and know everyone a bit better because people (her friends) seems to rely on her willingly and unwillingly. I like even how she is trying to push things to solve her friends issues. Basically she is a control freak. That would explain her break down. This kind of stuffs, bodyswitching, can't be taken under control easily Even if I think that she has some kind of disease. A simply control freak syndrome would be a bit bland. Oh and apparently she suffers the same selfless problem of taichi. I can't buy her pushing Iori/Taichi pair. Plus I got the feeling that Taichi secretly is at least interested in Inaba. The confession hint was subtle and maybe misleading, but counting the cold reaction Taichi had knowing that Iori was in love with him ... Obviously now that Inaba opened his eyes on Iori's family situation and love feelings it will make things far more complicated for Taichi and the white knight

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 07:38   Link #397
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

I'm pleasantly surprised that instead of slapstick comedy the anime delivers serious themes. This anime gets better and better with every episode.
Next episode is all about Inaban, my favorite.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 08:41   Link #398
kazzuya13

You know what... i actually have been hit in that area in the past.... When I pissed off my 15 year-old sister and she wanted to kick my shin... She missed and she hit between the legs. I couldn't breath and I was in my fetus position shaking in the ground. And I kept yelling at her to run away cause when I recover I will so get her.....
kazzuya13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-22, 09:04   Link #399
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazzuya13 View Post
You know what... i actually have been hit in that area in the past.... When I pissed off my 15 year-old sister and she wanted to kick my shin... She missed and she hit between the legs. I couldn't breath and I was in my fetus position shaking in the ground. And I kept yelling at her to run away cause when I recover I will so get her.....
That’s why soccer players always cover their crotches during a free kick .
Old 2012-07-22, 09:26   Link #400
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post

Aoki so far is not even in the show for me, like Wien from Tari Tari.
Comparing Aoki to Wien will be a bit unfair for Aoki. Wien is annoying while Aoki might be dumb on some part like what he did in episode 03 which is spelled that they will be busted. At least he is thoughtful and can feel the others problem. Aoki unlike Taichi which is pretty much clueless in the matter is observing the others and also observing the one he likes. He even notice that when he is in Yui's body. He is shaking in near presence of a man. While Wien is plain idiot annoying that needs to buy a new guide in learning Japanese.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life