AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-04-19, 08:13   Link #501
miketyson

kuromitsu (and everyone): aside from the sound it's almost certainly Ianthe (see below), though I'm now at a loss to interpret the name. Copying and pasting from wikipedia:

Spoiler for Wikipedia on Ianthe:

More from wikipedia:
Spoiler for Longer version of Ianthe's Story:

What does this tell us? Not that much -- it's not like referencing a name means we're literally going to get that exact story here -- but there's probably *something* to the fact that that's the name that's getting referenced.

The key elements in the Ianthe story seem to be about gender issues -- Ianthe's story boils down to "a woman whose myth is that she fell in love with a woman and became a man to marry that woman" -- and given the gender issues on Altair there might be something to that association.

It wouldn't surprise me if our reincarnations have the "wrong" gender, and possibly the "wrong" gender for a (hetero) relationship. Something like Zessica and Mikono are the reincarnations, or Kagura and Amata...or Alisisa and one of Mikono and Zessica...etc., you get the idea. If nothing else it'd be one way to sidestep the issues about how Amata is "stepping all over a long-destined pure romance" (etc.).

On the other hand, could just be that the purple flowers + death flags association is all that's intended, or that the name sounded cool and they decided to roll with it on that basis alone.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-04-19 at 08:14. Reason: closed spoiler properly
Old 2012-04-19, 10:32   Link #502
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post

What does this tell us? Not that much -- it's not like referencing a name means we're literally going to get that exact story here -- but there's probably *something* to the fact that that's the name that's getting referenced.

The key elements in the Ianthe story seem to be about gender issues -- Ianthe's story boils down to "a woman whose myth is that she fell in love with a woman and became a man to marry that woman" -- and given the gender issues on Altair there might be something to that association.

It wouldn't surprise me if our reincarnations have the "wrong" gender, and possibly the "wrong" gender for a (hetero) relationship. Something like Zessica and Mikono are the reincarnations, or Kagura and Amata...or Alisisa and one of Mikono and Zessica...etc., you get the idea. If nothing else it'd be one way to sidestep the issues about how Amata is "stepping all over a long-destined pure romance" (etc.).

On the other hand, could just be that the purple flowers + death flags association is all that's intended, or that the name sounded cool and they decided to roll with it on that basis alone.
I can see a woman born on Altair hiding her gender and running from Altair.
Old 2012-04-19, 10:56   Link #503
kuromitsu

Mykage is Izumo's mom.

...what?
Old 2012-04-19, 15:03   Link #504
mayumi

It is not weird to have reincarnations switch genders. I have been thinking aboit it for a while. Like celiane's dark half was sirius. Scorpius was reika in ova.

Heck even cayenne if he is reika is switched genders. In ep 12 we see that when mikono and amata fly the back ground is mikono is apollon, and amata is sylvie.
Maybe tge main 4 have switched genders. Evol is powered up by women power etc.
Old 2012-04-19, 23:26   Link #505
Cadavera

Quote:
Originally Posted by HimeaSaito View Post
Anyone has a summary on ep. 17????

Maybe Altair and Vega has their own legend from Apollo and Slivia?? The one Kagura speak about Apollon and Sylvie is the legend from Altair. The Vega legend is the true story of Apollo and Slivia is the image they saw with Mugen dimensional punch from the tv series/OVA. Kagura and Amata are the same person but different alternate world. Vega and Altair are the same world but opposite coin???

I think this premise has some basis.

This is what I'm currently speculating:

The world of Altair was created as a sort of a mirror image to Vega at the end of Genesis, using the power Silvia had acquired then - to basically create something out of a void.

The crew piloting Aquarion had possibly ended up on Altair, explaining what is Mykage (Touma) doing there. The mortal Apollo and Sirius died eventually but Touma was preserved. Going along with the theme of reversal, it could explain why he's still going after the Wings of the Sun, even though the Genesis Touma had supposedly learned his lesson.

Reincarnation shenanigans: Amata and Kagura are two pieces of a whole, Mikono and Zessica are the corresponding counterparts. This makes sense to me given the theme of reversal, not only because they have a theme of reversal going on in their appearance and personalities but also in how Zessica is the one pursuing Amata with limited reciprocation, and how Kagura is doing the same to Mikono.

However, one could say that given how the other half of Apollo(nious) is on Altair, it would follow that the other half of Silvia would be there too, but I don't agree with this because it sets up unlikely possibilities. Firstly, the only woman on Altair is Amata's mother and even though she has some similarities with Mikono(Sylvie) that would simply be beyond the scope of Aquarion trolling.

Secondly, while the idea of a gender reversed Mikono counterpart existing on Altair is intriguing and seemingly consistent with the theme of the show, I find it unlikely simply because no plausible candidates have been presented thus far. Unless it's Izumo - or better yet a random mook.

Why is Altair a childless one gender dystopia, why is Alicia there and how it relates to reincarnation shenanigans:

I believe Sylvie was supposed to have reincarnated on Altair, specifically the part that can create something from the void. In other words, the True Eve, the one who has the power of the miracle of creation. The fact she was not going to be reincarnated there caused Altair's negative birth rate.

If you consider the timeline, given the age of the last child born on Altair, and given the other characters on Vega are roughly the same age, we can conclude the last indigenous Altairan woman had died roughly at the same time the True Eve was born at Vega.

Alicia was likely considered to be the True Eve and was the last strand of hope, which ultimately failed.

Also, I am aware women were dying and weren't being born before Mikono herself was born, so her being not being born on Altair may not be the specific single cause that women died off on Altair, but I'm convinced she's the key solution to it....which leads me to my conclusion on how the series are going to end.

Spoiler:

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2012-04-20 at 18:53. Reason: If your post doesn't show up, please PM a member of the Moderation team istead of reposting your post.
Old 2012-04-20, 18:44   Link #506
MikeFudo

Lightbulb

What's the link between planet Altair and Alicia the actress/Amata's mother? I don't think she's just a Rare Igura.

I can't understand that, I've a theory about the characters reincarnations in Evol but dunno where to put Sirius:

Spoiler for Speculation:

We're already at the 17th episode and there are still so many question marks.
If the next episode is gonna be a fan service, when are they going to explain everything?

I've many questions:
How did Silvia die?
Why Touma (Mykage) was frozen?
What happened to planet Altair after the events of 12'000 years ago?
Why Gen Fudo is now ZEN Fudo and what happened to his eye?
Dolosera doesn't remember anything from 12'000 years ago? How comes she's the chairwoman of Neo-Deava?
Any more info about the accident happened 9 years ago?

Last edited by MikeFudo; 2012-04-21 at 06:56. Reason: Syntax correction.
Old 2012-04-21, 01:45   Link #507
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeFudo View Post
1. How did Silvia die?
2. Why Touma (Mykage) was frozen?
3. Why Gen Fudo is now ZEN Fudo and what happened to his eye?
1. Probably of old age. They didn't have any shadow angels to deal with since they all died to fertilize the tree of life.

2. They may not be the same person. Mikage though was frozen, I think it was said, because he used too much power a few years prior to the series.

3. He's immortal. Eventually he would have to cast off his name to avoid suspicions. He changes his appearance and name and passes himself off as his previous forms son to move down the ages.

As for his eye I'm willing to bet he left it on Altair as a way to spy on them. Whenever he speaks of information that he could only know by being on Altair, he is almost always rubbing the eye patch.
Old 2012-04-21, 05:18   Link #508
pingva

That Ianthe business with gender change gives me an idea that Alicia might be Toma since pretty much Mykage isn't Toma(fake names - using movie as a base for his goal, doesn't know where is wings of the sun at first). Toma so strongly loved wings of the sun, Apollonius that he wished to be liked by him again.

Last edited by pingva; 2012-04-21 at 05:28.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:24   Link #509
ReddyRedWolf

Something just occurred to me. Amata and Kagura are not necessarily Apollo.

For one Amata is identified as the Wings of the Sun by Kagura. Mykage doesn't know where the Wings of the Sun is and asking Zen where it is hidden. Wings of the Sun is Aquarion itself as Apollonius placed his wings/feather in it. Which suggest it is no longer in Aquarion.

In the OVA Touma possessed Reika by implanting one of his feathers in her. Letting her acquire the Beast mode for the Assault Aquarion. Pierre took it from her then stick it in himself to try destroy Touma with it it. But Otoha suicide attacked to stop him. So Kagura may have been implanted with Apollonius feather by Mykage. The one Futaba was playing with.

Which could mean the real Apollo is still inside Aquarion. Kagura is Mykage's Plan A, a substitute. Plan B the preferable one is coercing Fudo where the real Wings of the Sun is.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:39   Link #510
mayumi

I noticed that in the last episode when mugen punch hits gepard, it was the first time the hand of the punch glowed golden like how mugen punch always did when apollo launched it. Mikono-amata combo mugen punch is just stretching the hand but this is the first time the punch combined with zessica's golden hand abilities.
while zessica might not be involved in the love story, her powers are very necessary for the aqauarion.
Old 2012-04-21, 07:57   Link #511
MikeFudo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
2. They may not be the same person. Mikage though was frozen, I think it was said, because he used too much power a few years prior to the series.
The reason why I think Mikage = Touma is because he talks with Fudo about the events happened 24'000 years ago, in Genesis of Aquarion a shadow angel called Mikage never existed and there was never a hint about him even in the Apollonius/Celiane memories.

When Kagura is in the cage on Altair planet, Mikage says something about his "stolen love" something like: "that's how it feels to have your love stolen".
Touma was in love with Apollonius and Celiane ruined their relationship, she stole his love.

He's probably seeking for revenge and if my theory is true, Kagura is part of Apollonius' soul (we can say he's definitely Apollo) and Touma is "playing" with him, that's why he didn't teleport him in episode 15 when Kagura was alone on that building with Mikono, he wants to see him suffer.

At the same time he's searching the solar wings because Kagura alone cannot complete the Apollonius' soul since part of his soul was sealed inside the Aquarion when everything started 24'000 years ago, that sealed part is the solar wings and I think Amata is the solar wings' reincarnation.

Alicia abandoned her son probably to save him and Touma (Mikage) doesn't know yet that Amata is the solar wings.

My theory is that Touma wants to bring back to life the original Apollonius, he needs to awaken both Kagura and Amata souls then I bet something cool is gonna happen.
Old 2012-04-21, 08:31   Link #512
ReddyRedWolf

Except Touma was redeemed and rests within the Aquarion with Apollo and Sirius. No Mykage isn't Touma. I find more likely Mykage is Elder Johannes, leader of the Shadow Angels.
Old 2012-04-21, 16:39   Link #513
wisteria233

Also Touma was one of the last people to ride in Aquarion so he along with Apollo, Sirius, Silvia, and the people present during that time, should know its location.
Old 2012-04-22, 13:20   Link #514
HimeaSaito

Spoiler for Ep. 18 + 19 hint:

Ep 17 Mykage found the wing but couldn't find the body and even Zen talk about the solar wing
Old 2012-04-22, 13:31   Link #515
Zuul

The body of who ?

Sylvia ?

Theory : Mikono's is Sylvia's heart (inherited the people orientated element, the ace of heart card and the flshbacks with Kagura (already found by Mikage). Alicia is the soul (actually in the Aquarion). Zessica is the body (fitting XD) which inherited the most (how can I put that) action orientated skills and the open sexuality (The one Mykage is actually after).

Kagura is Appollon

And Amata is Aquarion/wing of the sun.
Old 2012-04-22, 13:31   Link #516
mayumi

Spoiler:

i am waiting to watch on himado
Old 2012-04-22, 13:36   Link #517
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayumi View Post
Spoiler:

i am waiting to watch on himado
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2012-04-22, 13:42   Link #518
HimeaSaito

Quote:
The body of who ?
Sorry i meant the Solar wing?? Mykage found the wing but the original body is somewhere else...

Quote:
Theory : Mikono's is Sylvia's heart (inherited the people orientated element, the ace of heart card and the flshbacks with Kagura. Alicia is the soul (actually in the Aquarion). Zessica is the body (fitting XD) which inherited the most (how can I put that) action orientated skills and the open sexuality.
That a good theory so Amata may have Apollo's heart while Kagura is the original body just like Zessica and Mikono

Mykage wanted to find the original aquarion and he need Amata, Zessica, Mikono, and Kagura but he didn't take Mikono when Kagura kidnap also lead Amata to them so he need all four them together

Next episode more Amata x Zessica and Mikono goes to Kagura
Old 2012-04-22, 13:43   Link #519
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Looks more like a Zessica gets kidnapped by Izumo and his pimping king mecha, than anything else to me.
Old 2012-04-22, 13:47   Link #520
Zuul

Quote:
Sorry i meant the Solar wing?? Mykage found the wing but the original body is somewhere else...

That a good theory so Amata may have Apollo's heart while Kagura is the original body just like Zessica and Mikono

Mykage wanted to find the original aquarion and he need Amata, Zessica, Mikono, and Kagura but he didn't take Mikono when Kagura kidnap also lead Amata to them so he need all four them together

I think Amata is the wing and nothing Appollo actually.

I'm mean like that. But I think it has been confirmed in an interview.

As for Zessica, she's the element with the highest stats, so it's normal for Izumo to go after her first.
Closed Thread