AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-03-15, 14:16   Link #8821
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That said, there's nothing that suggest her mana couldn't be sealed or confine to Pen mode only as a means to stop the grimoire from corrupting her,
Or she could have never just tried to use normal spells before. I wouldn't put it past her to never try and use regular magic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for powered suit:
So basically it only goes fast? Does it transform or anything? Does it have any missiles or weapons on it?
Old 2011-03-15, 14:59   Link #8822
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Are you not thinking of Set and Osiris?
There are two myths pertaining to the name Horus, technically mine was different, but very similar, to the Egyptian Horus. But yeah I should of stated that I was straying from the Egyptian mythology and going to a completely separate one.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage

Last edited by Hollownerox; 2011-03-15 at 15:10.
Old 2011-03-15, 17:55   Link #8823
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Are you not thinking of Set and Osiris?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollownerox View Post
There are two myths pertaining to the name Horus, technically mine was different, but very similar, to the Egyptian Horus. But yeah I should of stated that I was straying from the Egyptian mythology and going to a completely separate one.
Oh, I know this one. It's not from the ancient Egypt but from the real Aleister Crowley's Book of Law, where Osiris replaced Isis as the ruling god, later to be replaced by Horus (during Aleister's time.) This is probably more relevant to this novel than the Egyptian myths.

As a side note, in that book, Aleister, being the messenger of Horus, heralded the new Aeon with the spell "Abrahadabra" (Aleister recomposed it from "Abracadabra", claiming his is the correct spelling.) Anyway, I bet we'll read that word at some place in the novel, as it has a lot of meaning in the real book.

(You gotta give it to him, the real Aleister was a highly entertaining lunatic.)
Old 2011-03-15, 18:06   Link #8824
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Oh, I know this one. It's not from the ancient Egypt but from the real Aleister Crowley's Book of Law, where Osiris replaced Isis as the ruling god, later to be replaced by Horus (during Aleister's time.) This is probably more relevant to this novel than the Egyptian myths.

As a side note, in that book, Aleister, being the messenger of Horus, heralded the new Aeon with the spell "Abrahadabra" (Aleister recomposed it from "Abracadabra", claiming his is the correct spelling.) Anyway, I bet we'll read that word at some place in the novel, as it has a lot of meaning in the real book.

(You gotta give it to him, the real Aleister was a highly entertaining lunatic.)
That's the one I was referring to! I just couldn't remember where exactly I got the myth from lol, but I do find it interesting that this has to do with the Book of Law, perhaps it will appear later in the series, since the whole Orsola arc didn't seem to have an obvious purpose besides introduce the book into the background story.

"Love is a very powerful force. Even more so when it's focused into a coherent beam of destruction. Every time I cast Hadoken, it siphons away some of the love in the universe. I'm not sure how much, but I'm given to understand the divorce rate goes up with each blast." - Black Mage
Old 2011-03-15, 18:09   Link #8825
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
That's the one I was referring to! I just couldn't remember where exactly I got the myth from lol, but I do find it interesting that this has to do with the Book of Law, perhaps it will appear later in the series, since the whole Orsola arc didn't seem to have an obvious purpose besides introduce the book into the background story.
Volume 19 was the second time this Thelema business came up with the official introduction of Aiwass, the Holy Guardian Angel. And where the names Osiris and Horus was brought up.

...Apparently, being a [Holy Guardian Angel] means something different from just a regular [Guardian Angel], go wiki it.
Old 2011-03-15, 18:38   Link #8826
Karna
just some guy

Also, what does the Five-Over powersuit do? It says modelcase - railgun on the side of the one in the picture. Does that mean there are other modelcases based on other esper powers, like Accelerator's or Kakine's?
Old 2011-03-15, 18:47   Link #8827
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Greed~ View Post
Does that mean there are other modelcases based on other esper powers, like Accelerator's
Oh god 0.0
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2011-03-15, 18:53   Link #8828
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Kakine's is possible. They have him in the fridge so...
Old 2011-03-15, 18:53   Link #8829
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Also, what does the Five-Over powersuit do? It says modelcase - railgun on the side of the one in the picture. Does that mean there are other modelcases based on other esper powers, like Accelerator's or Kakine's?
you can't make something like those two cuz there powers are Divine and not at all easy. Same can be said for the other 5s but railguns have been around before mikoto im sure. Railgun + AC upgrade = Gatling railgun
Old 2011-03-15, 19:09   Link #8830
Hollownerox
Pretty Swell Guy

Quote:
Volume 19 was the second time this Thelema business came up with the official introduction of Aiwass, the Holy Guardian Angel. And where the names Osiris and Horus was brought up.

...Apparently, being a [Holy Guardian Angel] means something different from just a regular [Guardian Angel], go wiki it.
Don't know whether or not you were serious or not about the wiki comment, but I did it anyways. In the words of Alistair Crowley,

"I believe that the Holy Guardian Angel is a Being of this order. He is something more than a man, possibly a being who has already passed through the stage of humanity, and his peculiarly intimate relationship with his client is that of friendship, of community, of brotherhood, or Fatherhood. He is not, let me say with emphasis, a mere abstraction from yourself; and that is why I have insisted rather heavily that the term 'Higher Self' implies a damnable heresy and a dangerous delusion."

So I guess this describes Aiwass quite well.

Old 2011-03-15, 20:27   Link #8831
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
you can't make something like those two cuz there powers are Divine and not at all easy. Same can be said for the other 5s but railguns have been around before mikoto im sure. Railgun + AC upgrade = Gatling railgun
Weren't there Masks that let people use Kakine's power? A squad of Dark Matter users actually I believe.

If they can use that, then I don't see why they couldn't mimic Kakine's power with a powersuit.

They could at least copy Mugino's power couldn't they?
Old 2011-03-15, 21:25   Link #8832
Miraluka
Banned

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me17_Chapter_1

Vol. 17 Chapter 1 Parts 3 &4 by Js06.
Old 2011-03-15, 21:44   Link #8833
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Ah do I love the conversations between the Idiot Trio.

Old 2011-03-15, 22:06   Link #8834
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Weren't there Masks that let people use Kakine's power? A squad of Dark Matter users actually I believe.

If they can use that, then I don't see why they couldn't mimic Kakine's power with a powersuit.

Kakine most likely made those masks since he is alive. They probably can do muginos but her power involves molecules and atoms. Basically something like plasma
Old 2011-03-15, 22:09   Link #8835
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Don't know whether or not you were serious or not about the wiki comment, but I did it anyways. In the words of Alistair Crowley,

"I believe that the Holy Guardian Angel is a Being of this order. He is something more than a man, possibly a being who has already passed through the stage of humanity, and his peculiarly intimate relationship with his client is that of friendship, of community, of brotherhood, or Fatherhood. He is not, let me say with emphasis, a mere abstraction from yourself; and that is why I have insisted rather heavily that the term 'Higher Self' implies a damnable heresy and a dangerous delusion."

So I guess this describes Aiwass quite well.
I was being serious, but you're not looking at the right place.

Guardian Angel: An angel assigned to protect and guide a particular person or group. Belief in guardian angels can be traced throughout all antiquity. Belief in both the East and the West is that guardian angels serve to protect whichever person God assigns them to, and present prayer to God on that person's behalf.

Holy Guardian Angel: The Holy Guardian Angel is the "Silent Self", representative of one's truest divine nature. Even though the Holy Guardian Angel is, in a sense, the “higher self”, it is often experienced as a separate being, independent from the adept.

Quote:
What is her power classified under? Electrical?

From ITEM, they are more interested in AIM stalker than Meltdowner.

But as for copying Accelerator's power, rather than Redirection directly they could instead, try to replicate his response time, calculation power, and Threat Identification system.
Old 2011-03-15, 22:11   Link #8836
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Kakine most likely made those masks since he is alive. They probably can do muginos but her power involves molecules and atoms. Basically something like plasma
Kakine is just a brain. I'd hardly consider him to be alive.
Old 2011-03-15, 22:13   Link #8837
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Kakine is just a brain. I'd hardly consider him to be alive.
Well he is. He's being kept alive and all you need is the brain for your powers.
Old 2011-03-15, 22:17   Link #8838
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

May Kakine (somewhat) live on! If only he hadn't picked a pick with the worst possible person

Old 2011-03-15, 22:17   Link #8839
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Well he is. He's being kept alive and all you need is the brain for your powers.
All his brain is doing is producing dark matter. He's only indirectly responsible for the masks creation. It's not like the brain can think for itself.

Creating a powersuit that makes use of his powers shouldn't be hard.

Or wait, looking at the wiki, they weren't just masks, they were whole powersuits.

So yea, having a darkmatter version of the railgun powersuit shouldn't be that hard to make.
Old 2011-03-15, 22:23   Link #8840
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...me17_Chapter_1

Vol. 17 Chapter 1 Parts 3 &4 by Js06.
Oh awesomeness : D the story I wanted to know more about
Quote:
What is her power classified under? Electrical?

From ITEM, they are more interested in AIM stalker than Meltdowner.

But as for copying Accelerator's power, rather than Redirection directly they could instead, try to replicate his response time, calculation power, and Threat Identification system.
It's pesdo-Electric, but it really has more to do with controlling different forms of heat.

So I guess, Mugino is a Fire/Electric pokemon?

But then again, since the power is so difficult to handle and manage (she has to be careful when using it otherwise she might kill herself (or blow away a limp like she ended up doing anyway)) there isn't really much point in trying to replicate it. I mean, why mass produce a double edged sword when you can go for the safer, more convenient option?

Those aren't really powers though Ultimately really, it depends on the proficiency of the esper themselves in using their powers, rather than what sort of power it is most of the time.

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen