Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-07-26, 04:44   Link #61
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post
Oh and it was a doujin production by a single animator, so the art is actually well done.
I have no problem with the animation. That was fine (and impressive if it was done by a single person). It's the art style/character design that bothers me. It looks really amateur... but that's just my opinion.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-04, 15:05   Link #62
billborden

Any hints on when/if the second part is coming out?
Old 2011-09-04, 16:20   Link #63
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by billborden View Post
Any hints on when/if the second part is coming out?
I doubt it'll come out. I haven't heard anything at the very least.
Old 2011-09-04, 23:42   Link #64
billborden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Old 2011-09-05, 03:30   Link #65
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:

According to the creator's blog, it's been changed from August to just a generic 2011....so apparently it will come out sometime this year. With being a one-man show working on this project, I'm not surprised that he couldn't beat his own deadline. I would guess anytime between now and December at the latest.

But for updates, here's the creator's blog:
http://home1.tigers-net.com/sammena/

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-05, 12:24   Link #66
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
According to the creator's blog, it's been changed from August to just a generic 2011....so apparently it will come out sometime this year. [/url]
Or it could just mean that it won't and he doesn't want to say anything yet. But if it does come out, it's going to be such a train-wreck it's going to be fun.
Old 2011-09-05, 13:24   Link #67
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Or it could just mean that it won't and he doesn't want to say anything yet. But if it does come out, it's going to be such a train-wreck it's going to be fun.
Well, he's been somewhat decent on his blog updates. Poor guy is struggling though...he's pointed out that much. Anyhow, I still give the guy credit. Not too many people (aside from Makoto Shinkai) can have the patients and the drive to go about it solo with a limited to non-existant budget.

Even if it doesn't come out this year, I'd still be impressed by this solo artist. Heck it takes me 6 months for 128 frames that amounts to only 4 seconds and he takes roughly a year or year an a half to do something that's in half an hour.

His most recent activity was hanging out the recent Comitia's to sell the first BD of his first installment...the guy needs more of a budget. I can't believe I missed him at Comitia 97 though....I was actually there and only a few rows away from him GRRRRR!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2011-09-05, 13:49   Link #68
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Even if it doesn't come out this year, I'd still be impressed by this solo artist. Heck it takes me 6 months for 128 frames that amounts to only 4 seconds and he takes roughly a year or year an a half to do something that's in half an hour.
I don't really care either way. I'm just looking forwards to the fan rage that is surely to come one way or another when/if it gets released.
Old 2011-09-05, 14:17   Link #69
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
I don't really care either way. I'm just looking forwards to the fan rage that is surely to come when/if it gets released.

Wow, I guess you don't provide a lot of morale support for the creative types in the industry do you?

The fan rage (or a better term would be "nerd rage")would just be preposterous. It's sickening how fans, especially this generation of them, feel that they are "entitled". Especially when most of them (mostly outside of Japan) don't even support the industry financially.

Regardless, the fan rage would most likely be minimum. If you see the shops in Akihabara and in other anime-centric places (Nerima, Ikebukuro, Osaka), Kuttsukiboshi hasn't even garnered that many fans and I haven't seen any "point of purchase" displays for this title which is why he's selling at doujin events. So by now, it's a passing fancy for most of the otaku living in Japan. You may see a batch of them complaining on 2chan but that's not enough to make much of an impact especially since plenty of them have more than one user account. And Japan is all about moving on to the next thing that may catch their eye. Unlike us gaijin fans who stick to something to the point of squeezing blood out of a rock.

Anyhow, Naoya Ishikawa is still respected among Japan's admirers of the medium especially for his hard work, so I don't see too much of a problem Again, Nerd rage would be minimal. He's a freelancer so for him to receive any kind of criticism from people on the outside is utterly ludicrous and reinforces the belief that gaijins are assholes who want everything fast and free. It's those kind of degenerates that make the rest of us look like indecent people.

On the other hand this conversation has given me a topic to write about for my next article. I think I'll call it "Foreign Otaku: Just how Self-entitled do they Feel?" And hey, maybe I'll even quote you!

Thanks, Sweetie! ^_-

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2011-09-05, 14:50   Link #70
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Wow, I guess you don't provide a lot of morale support for the creative types in the industry do you?
I don't even watch much anime anymore but I do support what I like.

Quote:
The fan rage (or a better term would be "nerd rage")would just be preposterous. It's sickening how fans, especially this generation of them, feel that they are "entitled". Especially when most of them (mostly outside of Japan) don't even support the industry financially.
I think you didn't understand the "I don't care" part of my post. I just think it's so awful it's funny, I don't waste my time raging about it.

Quote:
On the other hand this conversation has given me a topic to write about for my next article. I think I'll call it "Foreign Otaku: Just how Self-entitled do they Feel?" And hey, maybe I'll even quote you!
I don't know what you think is an Otaku. I watch one or two series for season at most, and I don't even give a damn unless I think what I'm watching is actually good, which rarely happens. If anything, you're much more of an otaku than me, if you think you need to be Japanese and pay for something to get the "right" to criticize it. Anyone has the right to express their opinion, that should be obvious IMO.....
Old 2011-09-05, 15:15   Link #71
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
I don't even watch much anime anymore but I do support what I like.

I think you didn't understand the "I don't care" part of my post. I just think it's so awful it's funny, I don't waste my time raging about it.

I don't know what you think is an Otaku. I watch one or two series for season at most, and I don't even give a damn unless I think what I'm watching is actually good, which rarely happens. If anything, you're much more of an otaku than me, if you think you need to be Japanese and pay for something to get the "right" to criticize it. Anyone has the right to express their opinion, that should be obvious IMO.....

Clearly you misunderstood my post. You don't NEED to be Japanese to and financially invest in titles....you just NEED to invest in titles to keep the industry going. I was comparing spending habits of course, but one does NOT need to be a specific group of people in order to assist. Beside....Japan has their own faction to help them out. It's our fellow gaijin that need to support their very own domestic industry.

And yes I'm a fan...never doubted that and I'm not ashamed of it. It's opened doors for me countless times in the industry though we've encountered a setback due to the DVD implosion that we suffered a couple years ago. A lot of my coworkers took the blow for that. We're weary of the general apathetic attitude that fans have these days. We visit forums to get a general consensus of fans spending habits or lack of.

And if you're not much of a fan then why the hell are you hanging out in an anime forum of all places? Surely you can find something more productive with your time? There's benefits for someone like me who occasionally visits these forums but for someone like you, it seems more of a waste.

On a different note...we should probably move this to PM since I've managed to stray away from the original topic.

And from your post, it doesn't seem to wreak much of "I Don't Care"....if you stick around hoping to see the fan rage that means you care about "something" whether its for the purpose of self-indulging or just the fact that you need to pass the time LOL. Surely someone with your genius can find something more tantalizing. And my responses seem to help bring you back to this forum and the medium that you could care less about.

But I digress....it's still lunch time in my section of the world so I'm going to head out before they clear out the buffet.

Well, this gives me more of an idea of what my article will be though so you've been a great help regardless if that's your intention or not. And to think I was stuck in a rut for this months editorial, heh.

Once again, thanks! ^_^b

(If you're going to respond, PM me. This way we can help stir the topic back the title treatment itself.

My apologies to admins and moderators! Keep up the great work! And to keep this somewhat on topic, for anyone that wants updates on Kuttsukiboshi, just visit the creators blog, I have the link up a few posts above. THANKS!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2011-09-05, 15:54   Link #72
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Clearly you misunderstood my post. You don't NEED to be Japanese to and financially invest in titles....you just NEED to invest in titles to keep the industry going.
Then you shouldn't have brought it out in the first place. You didn't even know if I invested on this (or any other title for that matter).

Quote:
We're weary of the general apathetic attitude that fans have these days. We visit forums to get a general consensus of fans spending habits or lack of.
Well, I doubt getting caught in pointless arguments would help you on that.

Quote:
And if you're not much of a fan then why the hell are you hanging out in an anime forum of all places? Surely you can find something more productive with your time?
You don't even know what I do with my time so what that hell are you talking about.

Quote:
And from your post, it doesn't seem to wreak much of "I Don't Care"....if you stick around hoping to see the fan rage that means you care about "something" whether its for the purpose of self-indulging or just the fact that you need to pass the time LOL.
I fail to see your logic here. The potential rage is just fun to watch. I don't need much of reason for that.

Quote:
Surely someone with your genius can find something more tantalizing.
And you said you're part of the industry. If anyone who's involved in it is as rude as you are, well, that's a pretty industry you have.

Quote:
On a different note...we should probably move this to PM since I've managed to stray away from the original topic.
You started this pointless argument, you can PM if you want to continue.
Old 2011-09-05, 16:03   Link #73
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Then you shouldn't have brought it out in the first place. You didn't even know if I invested on this (or any other title for that matter).

Well, I doubt getting caught in pointless arguments would help you on that.

You don't even know what I do with my time so what that hell are you talking about.

I fail to see your logic here. The potential rage is just fun to watch. I don't need much of reason for that.

And you said you're part of the industry. If anyone who's involved in it is as rude as you are, well, that's a pretty industry you have.

You started this pointless argument, you can PM if you want to continue.

Okay, PMing, sweetie!

--Lone Wolf
一匹狼
Old 2012-03-21, 09:14   Link #74
E_I
Yuri fan

What? What? Second episode incoming! Thanks /u/!

NSFW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=tK-DXIun-28#!

Hopefully a GOOD END. But, WTF at the trailer. Falling from the sky..
E_I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:26   Link #75
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Ok, that looks promising. Plenty of yuri and no males in that trailer. Some of the scenes were very weird indeed. Telekinesis?
Old 2012-03-21, 09:28   Link #76
Stokky

For those not watching the trailer until the very end (or at all), Volume 2 is releasing on May 11, 2012.
Stokky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 09:31   Link #77
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Ok, that looks promising. Plenty of yuri and no males in that trailer. Some of the scenes were very weird indeed. Telekinesis?
Psychokinesis girl looks like she's raging in one scene (probably at how the first episode ended). I'm not sure, but think the trailer gives away the ending.
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Old 2012-03-21, 11:07   Link #78
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokky View Post
For those not watching the trailer until the very end (or at all), Volume 2 is releasing on May 11, 2012.
I just watched this anime 2 years ago and even I'm not a yuri fan, it looks good and also one of the first amateur animes I watched. I also noticed that episode 1 ends with a cliffhanger that I want to watch the second episode in summer 2011...but nothing happens. While waiting for the final episode to be released in May 11, my expectations are very low in this one.

EDIT : The PV for the second (final) episode have more fanservice and yuriness than episode. I'm pretty sure it will end with a unpredictable happy ending.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList

Last edited by MisaoFan; 2012-03-21 at 11:17.
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-21, 12:22   Link #79
Forsaken_Infinity

I am hyped for this. I didn't find the first one bad at all. People can rage all they want for all I care.
Old 2012-03-21, 12:36   Link #80
E_I
Yuri fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
EDIT : The PV for the second (final) episode have more fanservice and yuriness than episode. I'm pretty sure it will end with a unpredictable happy ending.
Just along as no pirate cats show up in hot air balloons and kill them both...

Tags
c78, incest, oav, yuri