AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 57 83.82%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 6 8.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 1.47%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-18, 23:05   Link #21
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Sooooo the only reason why the Guiding God came in was not because a new world was being created but because a human was able to get to third base with a Denizen?

These Denizens are naughty people I tell you.

Quote:
That's the one thing I don't get. May be as simple as they can't just relax after all that happened? Maybe someone has to get their ass kicked for everyone to be satisfied here .
Well Yuji has a lot to explain to to Shana for all the crap he put her through.

On that matter why do they have to fight anyways? I'm kinda curious to see what'll happen.
Old 2012-03-18, 23:23   Link #22
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Yuji is still hiding something from Shana, and she is trying to find out what it is. This final fight between them is not to hurt each other but more of a very intense lover's quarrell imo
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2012-03-18, 23:34   Link #23
Frostysunset

Incredible episode. 10/10.

I almost wonder if the revelation of the hybrid tomogara/human is what led the tomogara to allow the change to Xanadu stay. If SS-Eclipse's translation is true, the tomogara themselves wished that the change remain.

Poor Khamsin and Yoshida.

But a question remains:
Now that they used the distortions in the creation of the new world, what will power the Houga in Yuji? Maybe the device added to it in the OP will power it?
Old 2012-03-19, 00:18   Link #24
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh my... although I planned to be part of 10 voting points giver's spree... looks like we already got 1 9 points and 1 7 points

beautiful!!!! even since I read the spoiler from everyone here, I already imagined this episode will be an awesome climax
J.C. Staff usually mess up with novel adaptations' anime but right now, they clearly has done a very great job

so, first Yuji explains his true intentions and his true plan. Just like we discussed before, Sairei no Hebi is quite concern about the flow of unbalance power from Xanadu. Since they already know the true nature of Reiji Maigo (wow! it can contain those unbalance power!!! awesome), they execute their plan to create Xanadu. Shana is completely speechless because all of her effort seems useless...

Then, Johan and Pheles' plan are disrupting Flame Haze and Bal Masque's plan. For Yuji, he lost his sensing power and for Shana, she lost her chance to use Shaher. Creation of new hybrid existence is bigger issue than Xanadu's creation... Let me guess, inside that bottle is Pheles-Johan's child and Yoshida will be the mother... xD xD xD

But, the turnout point is when Flame Haze's rules are still there when Xanadu was created. Just like Margery said, their effort give them a luckiest ending... With this, both of their goal has met. Bel-Peol is unsurprisingly loyal with his General... I respect her now...
Ribesal really loves his Jagger, eh?? is he a Shotacon while his general (Sydonay) is a lolicon?? lol...

RIP Hecate
Yuji and God of Creation really form a close bond... now, their bromance must be ended... xD
"A human who even use God to fulfill his wish"
even Bal Masque give a lot of respect to this Mystes....

Last, RIP Khamsin
looks like he isn't alone in his dying moment. Why don't you confess, Khamsin????? T__T
one minute silence for this guy.... I'll miss his 'Rocky Gundam'

episode 24 will be anticlimatic... Yuji is really in disadvantage position and a death flag already put on Sydonay. Last battle will be completely battle between Yuji and Shana without any Flame Haze and Tomogara's stuff....

aaaahhh!!!! one more episode.... >.<
I need OVA... lol

10/10!!! that's all
and 10/10 for Deathscyther's summary
Old 2012-03-19, 00:21   Link #25
Crontica

EPIC MOTHERFUCKING VICTORY. btt
Old 2012-03-19, 01:09   Link #26
Eater of All
NOM

This must be the first time SnS has touched me this much... Khamsin's last moments there were done really well. In fact, his prince-and-monster backstory had already made him an interesting fellow in my eyes from the start; while not an exactly happy development, his death has now immortalized him as one of the better characters of SnS. RIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senshigeia View Post
I know everyone is free to have their own opinion but I have been reading a lot of complains about this season and particularly this episode. This story is so complete, deep and overwhelming and yet it doesn't impress a lot of fans. Don't mind me I am not judging anyone, but I adore SnS so much that I feel a little sad when reading those comments.
If it helps even a little, I personally enjoy this season... despite not feeling particularly hot for the previous two.
Old 2012-03-19, 01:44   Link #27
Crontica

I believe the most breathtaking moments of this episode is when Yuji slapped physics 101 in Shana's face declaring that he would harness all the strife from the past present and future in this very moment, the countdown to Yuji's inevitable victory was simply marvelous, then not soon after BOOM! The birth of the new world was simply a breathtaking splendor to behold.
Old 2012-03-19, 02:19   Link #28
Nochgo
iceman
*Scanlator

An incredible episode... though unfortunately I was completely lost during the Shabar scene. And the fact that Shana and Yuji are still gonna fight. Kinda ironic that Yuji ended up befriending Bel Peol and Sydonay however.

RIP Khamshin. He was one of my favorite characters of the series.
Old 2012-03-19, 03:01   Link #29
alvinkhorfire

1. So, the Snake of the Festival has sacrified his true (snake) body in the process to create Xanadu. So, will he recreate a new body for himself, before going into hibernation?

2. The blue bottle in the hands of Kazumi has been revealed as the child of Johan and Pheles. Is it safe to assume that after creating the new existence, they have passed away? In Episode 21, Johan mentioned it as a way to overcome death.

3. By now, do we know the identity of the person who came through the trapdoor and interupted the discussion between Shana and the Three Gods, in 10 minutes and 23 seconds of Episode 17?

4. In the next episode preview at the end of Episode 23 for both Season 1 and Season 2, Yuji will mention the words "final episode". The same cannot be said for Episode 23 for Season 3. From what I read the translation of final chapter in Volume 22, there are some substantial amount of important events yet to be animated, that may not be possibly shown in just one episode. I could be wrong about my opinion, but there is a slight possibility of having extra 2 episodes of Shana.
Old 2012-03-19, 03:16   Link #30
TruthsWraith
Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostysunset View Post
But a question remains:
Now that they used the distortions in the creation of the new world, what will power the Houga in Yuji? Maybe the device added to it in the OP will power it?
Personaly I would guess having a literal god inside of you would alter his nature. So even though snake of the festival left him I'm willing to guess he is still considered a denizen more then he is a mystes so his power won't drain like it does as a mystes. Mainly cause I notice that in the early episodes when they sensed Yuji they didn't feel a crimson god they felt a crimson lord which says to me the binding changed his nature in much deeper ways then can be seen. So Yuji would now be a tomogara permanently. Course this is only my thoughts lets see how the next episode turns out.
Old 2012-03-19, 03:51   Link #31
Elf song

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
3. By now, do we know the identity of the person who came through the trapdoor and interupted the discussion between Shana and the Three Gods, in 10 minutes and 23 seconds of Episode 17?
If you watch the ending credits closely, the one who comes through that door is Para (the driver of the Hyakki Yakou group) since no Hyakki Yakou makes an appearance in this episode but his name appears.
Old 2012-03-19, 05:54   Link #32
Kristen
*Author

Not going to lie... this episode was super confusing. But I guess I understand now after reading the comments.

Next week, my entire Yoshida theory may be confirmed~ ^^
Old 2012-03-19, 06:29   Link #33
~Yami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
If you watch the ending credits closely, the one who comes through that door is Para (the driver of the Hyakki Yakou group) since no Hyakki Yakou makes an appearance in this episode but his name appears.
some people said it's Satou.... I don't think Hyakki Yakou group already in contact with Flame Haze team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
Not going to lie... this episode was super confusing. But I guess I understand now after reading the comments.

Next week, my entire Yoshida theory may be confirmed~ ^^
no way

question : now, who got the Reiji Maigo? Yuji needs it as a Mystes while God of Creation needs it to contain all of unbalance power...
Rebecca and Sophie don't do anything... xD... that black-priest Flame Haze and her partner really don't have any action scene
Old 2012-03-19, 07:01   Link #34
Iwa Ite
Day by Day

Best episode ever ! RIP Khamsin. I had teary eyes while watching this whole episode
Bel Peol became such a likable character over time lol XD Hell, all Bal Masqué !

Can't wait for next monday
Old 2012-03-19, 08:58   Link #35
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
That was a gorgeously rendered climatic episode that puts the fine finishing touches on the Shana narrative, and J.C. Staff deserves much credit for that.

The Guiding God's big moment was executed perfectly - I especially liked the expression on Bear-form Margery Daw's face during the scene. That was a great expression.

Khamsin's send-off was very well-done, as others have already explained nicely (so I won't add much here). One thing I'll point out for this scene is that I loved how Kazumi was handled in it. Shana III did a superb job of rehabilitating Kazumi's character to the point that she's now one of my favorites in the entire series. And once more, J.C. Staff drew/animated her to look so stunningly attractive.

The first few minutes of the episode did confuse me a bit, but it was almost worth it for the "entropy" reference that instantly gave me hilarious visions of Madoka Magica's Kyubey trying to steal Yuji's Reiji Maigo.

Just two negatives for me with this episode:

1. Just a slight melancholy that comes with seeing such an epic story come to an end. With this episode, some sadness set in for me, knowing that Shana's adventures are now just about over.

2. I'm hoping that we don't get too much of a silly Yuji vs. Shana fight next episode. That's my one remaining worry, going by the next episode preview. We have one episode left - With my deepest apologies to Kristen, the main goal of it should be reestablishing a good and heartwarming Yuji/Shana romance. It's time to quickly make amends, not give us more action scenes. A fight between Yuji and Shana, especially if its protracted, could undermine that a lot for me. I hope this can be largely/entirely avoided.

9/10 for this episode, as I was confused a couple times, but nothing too severe.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-03-19 at 10:41.
Old 2012-03-19, 09:14   Link #36
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post

Never thought that Shaher was female.
The gender shock is strong in this series...like with Pirsoyn....a little boy who has yaoi vibes for a....bug....
Old 2012-03-19, 10:00   Link #37
virox

Alright~ Question time!
I was pretty sure about it until a while ago, but can someone tell me once again why Tomogara can survive without eating PoE in the new world? I know they can survive in Guze, and they had to feed on humans in our world, but what about the new world? Is it because it's in the riff that they don't need to eat PoE?
Old 2012-03-19, 10:12   Link #38
~Yami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by virox View Post
Alright~ Question time!
I was pretty sure about it until a while ago, but can someone tell me once again why Tomogara can survive without eating PoE in the new world? I know they can survive in Guze, and they had to feed on humans in our world, but what about the new world? Is it because it's in the riff that they don't need to eat PoE?
I think God of Creation can create anything as long as there is someone wishes for it (including free power of existence for all of his people)

Reiji Maigo still in Sakai Yuji right??? then, Yuji will bring those huge unstable power which is stored inside Reiji Maigo forever???
Old 2012-03-19, 10:19   Link #39
virox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I think God of Creation can create anything as long as there is someone wishes for it (including free power of existence for all of his people)

Reiji Maigo still in Sakai Yuji right??? then, Yuji will bring those huge unstable power which is stored inside Reiji Maigo forever???
No, I think he used all the disortions that he gathered into the Reiji Maigo at once to create Xanadu, so that might be the answer. If the whole world is an unlimited spring of PoE then it could work, but I wonder how "unlimited" works in this case.

Also, if the disortions are what the Reiji Maigo needs to refill PoE, does that mean it stops working in the new world?
Old 2012-03-19, 10:32   Link #40
arkxkra
全力全開

This episode was great, best episode to me.
Quite sad to see Khamsin died, but at least he protect Kazumi group. In another way, after so many years of long battle, now finally RIP.

and next will be the ending, can't wait for it.