AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2007-04-18, 19:14   Link #21
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
Since last Saimoe was for shows from July 1st 2005 to June 30th 2006, I believe we have now seen all the contenders for the upcoming SaiMoe tournament. I wonder who do you think will make it to Elite 8 and which anime series will be the dominant series this time. I think, when considering quality, quantity, and popularity, Kanon and Nanoha series will send multiple characters into Elite 8. For a dark horse series, the new series 'Sola' has attracted much attention, both positive and negative, and may do well, since the series will end very close to the start of the tournament. Hayate series can also be a dark horse, especially with super maid 'Maria'. The following are my elite 8 picks, in no particular order

1. Minase Natuki ( Kanon ) : many Nayuki fans want some form of validation
2. Misaka Shiori ( Kanon ) : Some claims her to be embodiment of moe
3. Reinforce ( Nanoha ) : many can't get enough of her. May create several new memes
4. Fate/Hayate/Nanoha ( Nanoha ) : at least one of them will make it, as they have dominated the Saimoe of the past.
5. Shihou Matsuri ( Sola ) : The animators are doing everything they can to make her appear moe
6. Siesta ( Zero no Tsukaima ) : Bath Tub scene. She also has multiple clones in other series like Shiori and Hagiwara Yukiho ( Idolmaster Xenoglossia ). Finally, it is almost unthinkable that there won't be a Horie Yui character in Elite 8.
7. C. C ( Code Geass ) : Pizza Hut?!
8. Somebody from Otome wa Boku ni Koi Shiteru or Negima: Granted there are lots of quality characters in these series, but these series had their share of haters, and Negima characters are tweeners since they are neither loli( elementary school looking ) nor high schoolers, while the most famous characters from Otome is actually a he, and the best candidates ( Takako and Shion ) lacks screen time, so only one will likely make it here.
Finally read your post through and your list is missing the Rozen Maiden. I think Gin-Sama is going to be huge this year in Saimoe.

Saimoe 2007 could end being a 3rd year straight of Magical Loli vs Tusndere Dolls in the Finals.
Old 2007-04-18, 19:19   Link #22
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Saimoe 2007 could end being a 3rd year straight of Magical Loli vs Tusndere Dolls in the Finals.
That would be kind of neat if it was Sugintou and Hayate.
Old 2007-04-18, 19:34   Link #23
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy View Post
That would be kind of neat if it was Sugintou and Hayate.

I was thinking more of Chibi-Rein then Hayate.

Hayate needs to throw out some big explosion in StrikerS to get the fans to notice her.

I see Chibi-Rein and MILF Fate as the top contenders form StrikerS
Old 2007-04-18, 20:28   Link #24
rooboy
Umeboshi!

I was only thinking of Hayate because she would be different than Fate and Nanoha and Suigintou because she would be different than Suiseiseki and Shinku(?) or was it Souseiseki?

Gosh, I can't remember anymore. Anyway, Chibi Rein works too.
Old 2007-04-18, 21:04   Link #25
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
That wouldn't have worked last year.
I can't remember much about last year. Let's see Fate Testarossa and Suiseiseki....OH! Well Fate's All Grown up now so her edge has been lost....maybe. Also can older show qualify or does it have to be that year. If that's the case isn't Rozen Maiden out to. Or was that prequel OVA just in time. Either way I'd do it anyway if I could just master 2chan's impossibly confusing layout. I'm going to probably need links. It's not that I can't comprehend the text, but that its post keep branching, are compacted or are just plain nonsense.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 21:13   Link #26
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
I can't remember much about last year. Let's see Fate Testarossa and Suiseiseki....OH! Well Fate's All Grown up now so her edge has been lost....maybe. Also can older show qualify or does it have to be that year. If that's the case isn't Rozen Maiden out to. Or was that prequel OVA just in time. Either way I'd do it anyway if I could just master 2chan's impossibly confusing layout. I'm going to probably need links. It's not that I can't comprehend the text, but that its post keep branching, are compacted or are just plain nonsense.
While you might have been correct in the finals (technically I think Suiseiseki is shown as all grown up, though obviously she's a doll), lots of earlier matches did not line up that way (I know this because I kept picking loli's to win and I kept #@$@#$%ing losing ). Really I think more interesting than actually voting in the Saimoe would be if we would all submit brackets (like the NCAA tournament) once the qualifying rounds are over to see who could pick the closest to what will eventually be the "correct" bracket - but I make that suggestion every year and no one else ever thinks it's as interesting as I do.

And yes, the OVA is what's qualifying Rozen Maiden.

And a lot of 2chan posts are nonsense, not just the Saimoe ones - though they have very good ascii art. I particularly enjoyed last year's of Rena (from Higurashi no naku koro ni) taking people home.
Old 2007-04-18, 21:23   Link #27
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
While you might have been correct in the finals (technically I think Suiseiseki is shown as all grown up, though obviously she's a doll), lots of earlier matches did not line up that way (I know this because I kept picking loli's to win and I kept #@$@#$%ing losing ).
Chiakru took down at least one pyscho loli on her way to the final four. Sio yeah, being a loli doesn't mean automatic win.

[quote] Really I think more interesting than actually voting in the Saimoe would be if we would all submit brackets (like the NCAA tournament) once the qualifying rounds are over to see who could pick the closest to what will eventually be the "correct" bracket - but I make that suggestion every year and no one else ever thinks it's as interesting as I do. [/qoute]

Sounds fun, i am in.

Quote:
OH! Well Fate's All Grown up now so her edge has been lost....
Form what i can see MILF Fate is as popular as Loli Fate. I don't see any lost edge here.
Old 2007-04-18, 21:55   Link #28
ando

FYI, now The Third Male Saimoe Tournament is in progress.

http://www106.sakura.ne.jp/~votecode/am3/

The quarter final begins from Saturday.

April 21st
Sakata Gintoki(Gintama)
L(Death Note)

April 22nd
Suou Tamaki(Host Club)
Yagami Souichirou(Death Note)

April 23rd
Papillon(Busou Renkin)
Yagami Light(Death Note)

April 24th
Koizumi Itsuki(Haruhi)
Hasegawa Taizou(Gintama)

Code Generator:
http://code3.skr.jp/anime/otoko/

Current Voting Thread:
http://anime2.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...ra/1176845448/
ando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 22:07   Link #29
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ando View Post
FYI, now The Third Male Saimoe Tournament is in progress.

http://www106.sakura.ne.jp/~votecode/am3/

The quarter final begins from Saturday.

April 21st
Sakata Gintoki(Gintama)
L(Death Note)

April 22nd
Suou Tamaki(Host Club)
Yagami Souichirou(Death Note)

April 23rd
Papillon(Busou Renkin)
Yagami Light(Death Note)

April 24th
Koizumi Itsuki(Haruhi)
Hasegawa Taizou(Gintama)

Code Generator:
http://code3.skr.jp/anime/otoko/

Current Voting Thread:
http://anime2.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/...ra/1176845448/
The only one I can see myself caring to vote on is L (I like Kappei Yamaguchi but Absolutely despise Sugita Tomokazu). The rest are bleh and Itsuki will just win regardless of what happens in this bracket. Normally I would say L would win, but for some reason people seem to like Sugita Tomokazu, which is beyond my comprehension so he could lose. Not entirely show how to vote though as being 2chan rather than having a clear and obvious checkbox, they have nothing at all it would seem.
Old 2007-04-18, 23:40   Link #30
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Kaioshin, Tomokazu doesn't voice Itsuki

I personally think the Saimoe is a neat idea, but due to people taking it way too seriously the fun seems to disappear.
For example, the girls of 'Kanon' would be heavy-hitters, but for that reason a lot of people are just going to note against them to give their favorite a chance regardless of the competition. Same thing with 'Negima!?'.
FatPianoBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-18, 23:54   Link #31
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post

I personally think the Saimoe is a neat idea, but due to people taking it way too seriously the fun seems to disappear.
For example, the girls of 'Kanon' would be heavy-hitters, but for that reason a lot of people are just going to note against them to give their favorite a chance regardless of the competition. Same thing with 'Negima!?'.
I agree with you about Kanon but not negima. The anime is medicore, both seasons. Most fans of Negima are fans of the manga not the anime.
Old 2007-04-19, 00:11   Link #32
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
I agree with you about Kanon but not negima. The anime is medicore, both seasons. Most fans of Negima are fans of the manga not the anime.
Of course, many of those fans are simply going to vote based on the manga anyway ....

EDIT: I'm voting for Ayaka until they pry my dead fingers off the keyboard, for example ...
Old 2007-04-19, 00:18   Link #33
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Of course, many of those fans are simply going to vote based on the manga anyway ....

EDIT: I'm voting for Ayaka until they pry my dead fingers off the keyboard, for example ...
Other then a couple of the girls i don't remeber the name of the majority of the girls in negima. I really wish someone would make a chart with name, phot and pwoer of each of the girls.

I will be voting for Eva
Old 2007-04-19, 00:28   Link #34
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post

I know that. I was referring to Gintoki. Itsuki was Daisuke Ono who is alright I guess. It's also sad because on one hand the show has Rie Kugimiya, yet it also has somebody who all but cancels that out, plus I love the manga to bits and the anime is done by Sunrise. I'm still trying to figure out the best way to approach the anime, perhaps all the good elements are just enough to cancel out his presence like in SRW.

Watching some clips he's doing his stupid thing again (cold read with occasional freak-out) and even though I kind of imagined Gintoki to be like that from the manga (So Tomo lucked out on this one by sheer chance), there's no real passion in his voice when doing it and the character is certainly not Gar or Moe as a result. L however is as moe as a man could get if that's possible even.

You know what though, I don't care because the other characters carried the scenes enough to more than save the show from him. Hysterical! Especially Kagura. Even if I could never support Gintoki, I will watch this show.

Hmm... Negima Anime eh. I haven't seen it, but its mildly amusing that Yue looks like crap in every shot. I've been reading the manga and my favourite character is the semi-evil, but not really evil, goth-loli vampire (S&M) battlehacker Evangeline A.K McDowell........ who also kind of look awful in the anime. It's just Yue looks by far the worst.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-19 at 00:43.
Old 2007-04-19, 04:38   Link #35
wontaek

Quote:
Finally read your post through and your list is missing the Rozen Maiden. I think Gin-Sama is going to be huge this year in Saimoe.

I don't know. Rozen Maiden only had 2 episodes released by OVA, which means they would have had much less exposure compared to other series. Suiginto probably had most 'impact' scenes in the OVA, so I do see her as leader among Rozen Maidens and will likely make it to sweet 16.

Of OVA series releases, I see Marimite having best chance of making a splash in SaiMoe.

I saw some Nanoha series and I have to say that the series bored me. Due to its huge following, somebody will make final 4 from that series, but I wouldn't bet on making it to finals.
Old 2007-04-19, 12:17   Link #36
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
I have a feeling that's exactly what's going to happen when it comes to Negima. After all, Setsuna's role in the original series was pretty small (with her not really getting involved until the last seven episodes), yet she still made it to the "final 32".
Old 2007-04-19, 13:32   Link #37
DanielSong39

I yearn for the girls with rich, strong personalities from back in the day... they don't make 'em like they used to. Seeing Episode 1 of Heidi only confirmed my suspicions.

Still have a soft spot for shows like Heidi, Candy Candy, Little Princess Sarah, and Little Women. These protagonists were more than a collection of antics and catch phrases - but were complex, engaging individuals that made a real difference in others' lives...
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 19:57   Link #38
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I yearn for the girls with rich, strong personalities from back in the day... they don't make 'em like they used to. Seeing Episode 1 of Heidi only confirmed my suspicions.

Still have a soft spot for shows like Heidi, Candy Candy, Little Princess Sarah, and Little Women. These protagonists were more than a collection of antics and catch phrases - but were complex, engaging individuals that made a real difference in others' lives...
To tell the truth, other than Candy, all the works you mentioned are from World's Literary Masterpiece Theater, thus it is not fair to compare what is already recognized, internationally, as a great work of literature to comtemporary creative efforts by commercial animators. Except for very few exceptions, most anime works will be forgotten in as few as 10 years from now, while people throughout the world will still recognize the name of Heidi, Sarah Crewe, and Jo March. Among the literary heroines that appeared in animated series, I also like Anne Shirley, whose 'clone' is making an appearance in the new series 'Emily'.

Among the recent anime heroines, I also find Ko Shuurei ( Saiunkoku Monogatari ) and Barsa ( Seirei no Moribito ) to be complex, competent, and engaging characters and leaders.

Now, even Candy should not be taken lightly as she is the progenitor of the Shoujo Romance Heroines.

Last edited by wontaek; 2007-04-19 at 22:05.
wontaek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-19, 20:24   Link #39
NissanNut
Mochi Addict

Send a message via AIM to NissanNut
Rein from Futagohime won Uramoe last year. Currently, there is a second series of Futagohime airing. I think both Rein and Fine have a very good shot at toppling ~Desu and all other lolis this year. Suigintou sounds like the front runner for the Rozen Maidens.

As for Nanoha... they're all grown up. Will be tough for Nanoha and company to send someone to the finals for the third straight year.

I also like to say that the Rozen Maidens are cheating. They can't age because their forever be loli dolls!

I'm pulling for Ichigo Mashimaro lolis this year, BABY!!! Wait, Nobue is not one... she's got my vote too.

For the new spring season, I seem to really like Konta from Lucky Star.

Also for non-lolis...
  1. Taniyama Mai (Ghost Hunt)
  2. Revy (Black Lagoon) ... can she even be considered moe?
  3. Aika (Aria the Natural)
  4. Tsuruya-san (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu)
  5. Nodame (Nodame Cantabile)
... to name a few.

Looking forward to Saimoe 2007. I hope that we are allowed to participate in the voting. It was real fun on this forum and 2chan during that crazy month of October... so long ago...
Old 2007-04-19, 23:40   Link #40
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanNut View Post
Rein from Futagohime won Uramoe last year. Currently, there is a second series of Futagohime airing. I think both Rein and Fine have a very good shot at toppling ~Desu and all other lolis this year. Suigintou sounds like the front runner for the Rozen Maidens.

As for Nanoha... they're all grown up. Will be tough for Nanoha and company to send someone to the finals for the third straight year.

I also like to say that the Rozen Maidens are cheating. They can't age because their forever be loli dolls!

I'm pulling for Ichigo Mashimaro lolis this year, BABY!!! Wait, Nobue is not one... she's got my vote too.

For the new spring season, I seem to really like Konta from Lucky Star.

Also for non-lolis...
  1. Taniyama Mai (Ghost Hunt)
  2. Revy (Black Lagoon) ... can she even be considered moe?
  3. Aika (Aria the Natural)
  4. Tsuruya-san (Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu)
  5. Nodame (Nodame Cantabile)
... to name a few.

Looking forward to Saimoe 2007. I hope that we are allowed to participate in the voting. It was real fun on this forum and 2chan during that crazy month of October... so long ago...
The Ichigo Marshmallow characters, despite being loli never worked for me. Now that I have a clue I can comment with confidence on the drama.

And Daniel, if you want to vote for Little Princess Sarah I suppose you could always vote for Sara Werec from the wretched Sokou No Strain if she's in there. Definetely not the same girl though, but it is an option.

Tags
saimoe