AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-09, 04:37   Link #1921
Lukeman1884

Quick question, anyone have any idea how many eps KC is going for? It seemed like this ep ended the current arc, but assuming this is 1-cour with 12/13 eps, there doesn't seem to be enough room to fit another major plot in.
Lukeman1884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 04:41   Link #1922
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Quick question, anyone have any idea how many eps KC is going for? It seemed like this ep ended the current arc, but assuming this is 1-cour with 12/13 eps, there doesn't seem to be enough room to fit another major plot in.
13 episodes with 4 more on bd/dvd.

There's enough for one more volume in that 3 episodes.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:09   Link #1923
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Taichi isn't actually taken per se, because Iori requested for things to remain status quo in episode 6. Officially, they're only friends, though it could be said that they're unofficially dating.
frivolity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:11   Link #1924
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
Taichi isn't actually taken per se, because Iori requested for things to remain status quo in episode 6. Officially, they're only friends, though it could be said that they're unofficially dating.
All a technicality though- Taichi confessed to her and she did return his feelings.
Old 2012-09-09, 05:16   Link #1925
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

I wouldn't call it a technicality. I consider the actions to be just as important (if not more important) as the feelings. They mutually decided not to take any action with regard to whatever mutual feelings they had.

Edit: But admittedly, when Himiko started laughing after Taichi gave his partial rejection, I half-thought that she had gone off the cliff and was starting on the path to a nice boat end, what with her waving the knife about earlier.
Old 2012-09-09, 05:20   Link #1926
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Exactly. Seriously, when someone is rejected, it's impossible to stay as good friends as before and maintain the status quo. You don't just halfass a relationship then go to a rebound if things fails, and you especially don't say that to another's face. That's just harsh and cruel. More male harem-esque indecisive nonsense.

I forgot to mention this but an above poster reminded me. Aoki is still being portrayed as a joke character and Yui hasn't gotten much spotlight in recent episodes though I don't mind as much as her "arc/problems" did come in the earlier eps. Might be due soon actually. But god, someone give Aoki some damn character development .
Why would it be impossible to stay friends, or to compete over a guy? Just because you maybe experienced something similar doesn't make it generally applicable, the way they handled it was very decent and even somewhat mature.

I don't think that either of them actually has a problem with competing over Taichi or even losing, they are friends after all and would be also glad for the other person to find her happiness. This of course doesn't mean that they would give up or wouldn't be disappointed at all if they lost, as hinted in the episode, but the situation now is a lot better/more relaxed within the group than it was 1-2 eps ago. And that was pretty much the point, not destroying the group with the romantic development.

Also I disagree about anything you said about Aoki. He's neither portrayed as a joke character nor did he receive no character development, we just saw him and Taichi heavily arguing in the last episode and him realizing some stuff about himself and Taichi. Of course it's on a smaller scale than with the other characters, but this could've been expected before the show even started. He makes a decent character for this type of show

Great episode overall, Inaba was simply amazing this time. Hope we see her more often like this now. I agree though that Yui deserves more screentime, but well.
Old 2012-09-09, 05:49   Link #1927
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
How is that indecisive? Inaba called him out on a technicality, one that he probably didn't say intentionally.

Aside from that he was very clear that he likes Iori.
In that case I really see no reason why he had to add "right now". It makes it sound like being with Iori is only a temporary thing. It eerily reminded me of what Yui said to Aoki, except in Yui's case she has to get over her androphobia before she can honestly decide whether to give Aoki a chance. Taichi is already with Iori, as it is Inaba is just a third wheel so I'm not sure where she and Iori got the idea that she qualifies as a "love rival".

Quote:
Originally Posted by frivolity View Post
I wouldn't call it a technicality. I consider the actions to be just as important (if not more important) as the feelings. They mutually decided not to take any action with regard to whatever mutual feelings they had.
It is a technicality. Taichi and Iori both admitted they were in love with each other. Just because they aren't "dating" doesn't change that (by that logic Inaba isn't in love with Taichi either). The only reason they decided not to officially date is because of the whole desire-unleashing business. Now that that's over with and they both established that their feelings haven't changed, there's really no reason for them to stay apart.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 05:54   Link #1928
Sumeragi
Banned

The sentence is natural when you say it in Japanese, since it appears in the middle of the sentence. It's not something one gives much thought to when saying it. When you say it in English, the phrase usually comes at the beginning or end, thus becoming easier to think about it.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:09   Link #1929
Blonto

You know, near the end of the episode a thought occured to me: wouldn't it be interesting if Iori pretended to be Heartseed in that scene?
Well, it would require some tweaking, since I don't see how she could know Taichi fell off the tree and as it is I don't see much reason for her to do that at that point, but it would be a good way for her to fully confirm Inaba's crush. As it is I really didn't see any point in Heartseed interfering.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:16   Link #1930
Sumeragi
Banned

Does Heartseed have a noticable point?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 06:17   Link #1931
sudolicious
Otoshi-gami in training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
As it is I really didn't see any point in Heartseed interfering.
Quote:
it would be a good way for her to fully confirm Inaba's crush.
He did the same thing last episode, just on a smaller scale. I don't think it was really necessary, but Heartseed has proven to be an impatient guy when it comes to waiting for his teenage drama to start blossoming, so it wouldn't be unlikely for him to "help out" occasionally .

Quote:
It is a technicality. Taichi and Iori both admitted they were in love with each other. Just because they aren't "dating" doesn't change that (by that logic Inaba isn't in love with Taichi either). The only reason they decided not to officially date is because of the whole desire-unleashing business. Now that that's over with and they both established that their feelings haven't changed, there's really no reason for them to stay apart.
"They" didn't decide anything, Iori really made the decision more on her own - Taichi just went along with it.
It's irrelevant however, I'd agree with frivolity. Just because they have mutual feeling for each other doesn't mean he is taken or anything, it's just as Inaba said, there's still room for her to get in between.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:23   Link #1932
frivolity
My posts are frivolous

Quote:
Being in love with a person and actively dating someone are two different things and cannot be likened in the way you're doing. Dating requires an active action, while being in love with someone is passive and doesn't require action.

What's generally considered unacceptable is to be dating two girls at one time, while having feelings for more than one girl is not that much of a problem. As it stands, Taichi and Iori were at a standstill and had agreed not to go further in episode 6. Why they did so, in my view, is irrelevant. Until the both of them mutually agree to go further, Taichi is officially still single.

Edit: Ninja-ed
Old 2012-09-09, 06:26   Link #1933
Blonto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Does Heartseed have a noticable point?
He does. Usually he comes to cause more drama in the cast when it's lacking, but now he didn't do much. Yes, Inaba panicked over the thought of Taichi getting hurt, but who saw that? Inaba already knew she was in love in Taichi, Iori was possessed by Heartseed so she doesn't remember what happened and Taichi, Yui and Aoki pretty much had no idea why she was so upset. I just don't see what that scene accomplished. It didn't cause any conflict since no-one understood why Inaba was upset and because of that they didn't think much of it.
Old 2012-09-09, 06:54   Link #1934
EroKing

Freebies.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:15   Link #1935
Blonto

Quote:
The sentence is natural when you say it in Japanese, since it appears in the middle of the sentence. It's not something one gives much thought to when saying it. When you say it in English, the phrase usually comes at the beginning or end, thus becoming easier to think about it.
Taichi said "Demo ima wa, yappari Nagase no koto ga suki da." = But right now, I definitively love Nagase.
I'll concede if you're fluent in Japanese, but I don't see any big difference between the way "now" was used here and in English. In both cases "Ima" and "Now" could easily be at the beginning of the sentence, the only reason they're not is because there's a conjunction in the way. And in both cases, the sentence could've easily worked without "right now".
Old 2012-09-09, 07:22   Link #1936
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Taichi said "Demo ima wa, yappari Nagase no koto ga suki da." = But right now, I definitively love Nagase.
I'll concede if you're fluent in Japanese, but I don't see any big difference between the way "now" was used here and in English. In both cases "Ima" and "Now" could easily be at the beginning of the sentence, the only reason they're not is because there's a conjunction in the way. And in both cases, the sentence could've easily worked without "right now".
I don't know why this is an issue- It's just a slip of the tongue rather than anything intentional. Regardless of how he said it, Inaba would still find a way to counter him.... No scratch that, she doesn't even need a 'loophole'.
Old 2012-09-09, 07:34   Link #1937
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

Oh shit!
It's been awhile since an anime episode made my mind completely blown away. The conversation between iori and inaba was one of the best moments so far and inaba crying?! and also confessing?! *Faints*
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 08:05   Link #1938
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Was it really indeceiveness? I mean Inaba called him out on a technicality .

Notice Inaba's reaction after her kiss- she might be alot more otome than you think
Quote:
Dereragi approves of Chaos2Frozen-chan's comments.
Just to be clear, I agree with you both. I think that Inaba has a definite and actually very cute/sweet dere-dere side to herself, and we really saw that highlighted well this episode.

But I think that Taichi is still largely oblivious to it. If and when he becomes aware of it, well... that could net Inaba the romantic victory that I hope she gets.

Nothing against Iori, but I do like Inaba a little bit more.
Old 2012-09-09, 08:10   Link #1939
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladrave View Post
Oh shit!
It's been awhile since an anime episode made my mind completely blown away. The conversation between iori and inaba was one of the best moments so far and inaba crying?! and also confessing?! *Faints*
Between this and SAO, I would expect you to be out cold by now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Just to be clear, I agree with you both. I think that Inaba has a definite and actually very cute/sweet dere-dere side to herself, and we really saw that highlighted well this episode.
It's alright; in fact I should thank you for giving me a great caption to use
Old 2012-09-09, 08:21   Link #1940
Arya

Quote:
He does. Usually he comes to cause more drama in the cast when it's lacking, but now he didn't do much. Yes, Inaba panicked over the thought of Taichi getting hurt, but who saw that? Inaba already knew she was in love in Taichi, Iori was possessed by Heartseed so she doesn't remember what happened and Taichi, Yui and Aoki pretty much had no idea why she was so upset. I just don't see what that scene accomplished. It didn't cause any conflict since no-one understood why Inaba was upset and because of that they didn't think much of it.
Well, HS interfering wasn't meant to cause drama in this case, he took that opportunity to push Inaban to let her vent out all the feelings she bottled up for so long and what's better than a liberating crying? The confrontation wasn't enough because was too rational in saying how things really were. She needed an emotional way to "say" it. So, it was all meant for Inaban and Inaban only, to finalize her "recovery" path, that ended with the confession. So nobody else needed to understand what was happening to her.
I really liked how they ended her arc, in a way I felt like it was the final episode of the show. Because the point was to "help" her with her inner issues so what will come after the confession doesn't matter. I can't call this episode dramatic, it was emotional yes, but in a "good" way (intended as opposed to dramatic, can't think of the right word right now, heartwarming maybe).
And for that reason I suppose that she has solved her issues, her laughing told me that.

On an overall view of the show I understand why some people feel how they feel. The show is a bit misleading in what it shows. On a first sight it seems that each time everything backs to normal time after time. But things are adding up for everyone. But since it is not showed, but simply implied (or hidden? ) for people like me, who didnt' read the source material, it requires to have a bit of faith in the writers/source that everything will come together sooner or later.

Quote:
Between this and SAO, I would expect you to be out cold by now
I surely am. Saturday nights this season are really something else for me, SAO+KC ... and this one was over the top. (SAO surely helped a lot )

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-09-09 at 08:30. Reason: Chaos2Frozen's quote added
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life