AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Episode Rating
* 2 2.08%
** 4 4.17%
*** 26 27.08%
**** 52 54.17%
***** 12 12.50%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-18, 22:53   Link #61
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
I disagree....her expression was not one of jealousy but confusion. I believe that Arika's pendant somehow links her Mashiro (if she is indeed destined to be Mashiro's Otome) and if Mashiro is even perceived to be in danger, I'm sure the pendant's function is to make her aware of it. They DO share a life bond now, after all, as their contract is still in place.
Considering Mashiro is in no way placed in any danger despite that evil-looking drag into the dark alley by Takumi, unless Takumi turns out to be a Black Valley somebody or something, I doubt that's related to Mashiro.

I'd place my money on the confusion heartbeat seeing Nina and Sergey. I don't think it's love, maybe a longing feeling for a father? Since Arika clearly doesn't know hers, or even a role model she can take as a father.
Old 2005-12-18, 22:53   Link #62
coefficientX
mayo is yummy~(‘∇’)

This is a pretty boring episode to me too. Nina'a father complex is just too bweeeeah. It's not like i dislike Sergay but it is so sad to see someone so cool to fall for a so much older guy. I'm willing to bet that the love for Sergay is because he is the first person ever to treat Nina nice. And Nina is still immature enough to differentiate between a real romance love and admiration/grateful love.

And Shizuru's confess... It's pretty clear that her MIP is Natsuki and she loves Natsuki in a romance way. But how does Natsuki really feel for Shizuru...? WE SHIZNAT FANS NEED TO KNOW!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qbi Sannin
And also...did ANYONE else notice that scene where Arika clutched her chest at the end when Nina was hugging Sergei? Was that heartbeat supposed to be of a jealous kind...a sick kind...or a love kind?
Haha, Arika to love Sergay? Eeeks.... no way!
Since Arinko is connected to Mashiro by a contract, I'm thinking it's either Mikoto's thump or Takumi trying to revive Mashiro (the heart pumping way).

Yeah and i agree the most interesting fact of this episode is whether the bandage on Akira is a breast tape or not. Haha...never ever speculate too much on a preview by Sunrise!
Old 2005-12-18, 23:06   Link #63
Kieli
Maki Maki Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale
Considering Mashiro is in no way placed in any danger despite that evil-looking drag into the dark alley by Takumi, unless Takumi turns out to be a Black Valley somebody or something, I doubt that's related to Mashiro.
I never said that Takumi would be the one who is dangerous to her. She's outside of the castle, without protection of any kind, save for Mikoto. It could simply be that.

Quote:
I'd place my money on the confusion heartbeat seeing Nina and Sergey. I don't think it's love, maybe a longing feeling for a father? Since Arika clearly doesn't know hers, or even a role model she can take as a father.
I wouldn't. It doesn't even make sense for that even to be happening. I would expect something like that to have happened when she was alone with Sergey after he saved her life. To speculate something like that is out of place. There's no reason for it. And clearly the writers wanted us to hear the heartbeat for some other logical more germane reason rather than a wasted scene. We've been given no other indications to support this theory. Arika hasn't been pining for a father, she and Sergay barely get along. She hasn't even remotely shown any indication that she wants what Nina has. So why bring this sudden change out of thin air?

Her connection to Mashiro is the safest bet. Whatever her feelings for Sergay or Nina, I doubt she would even equate them with longing for a father. Her past efforts have been more focused on locating her mother. It simply makes no sense for her heart to go all "doki doki" over that domestic scene. As we're clearly being set up for something important to happen with Mashiro's escape from the castle, it makes more sense for Arika to truly understand the bond between Otome and Master by showing a deeper sort of connection between the two. Their lives are connected by contract. Up until now, we've only been given a superficial explanation for what that means. This heartbeat could be a lead-in for a deeper understanding of the Master/Otome relationship.

THAT makes more sense to me.
Old 2005-12-18, 23:59   Link #64
Forever
Revealing the truth

IF takumi was evil:

AFter takumi does the unthinkable...

Mashiro: You bastard! SObz

Takumi: Well then. You have no choice but to marry me unless you want this AV broadcasted everywhere. Soon I will rule over this land and gauedrobe. All those virgins at the palm of my hands! Muhahahaha
Old 2005-12-19, 00:08   Link #65
JayF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever
IF takumi was evil:

AFter takumi does the unthinkable...

Mashiro: You bastard! SObz

Takumi: Well then. You have no choice but to marry me unless you want this AV broadcasted everywhere. Soon I will rule over this land and gauedrobe. All those virgins at the palm of my hands! Muhahahaha
Of course if Takumi still had his heart disaease, then it'd be like this.

Takumi tries to do the unthinkable, but halfway through stripping Mashiro...

Takumi: Uh oh, forgot my medication again.

Takumi dies, and next episode we find Mai going Psycho Sister on Windbloom and Garderobe.
Old 2005-12-19, 00:20   Link #66
roan

there's supposed to be a new op or end coming soon.
one of the lines - うしなうものは何も無い
sounds foreboding.
Old 2005-12-19, 00:35   Link #67
Akuma-sama
Purr, good kitty...

Oh, I get it! Takumi is the Obsidian Lord this time around!

And in the next Mai- series, probably named 舞婆HiME (or Mai Obaba), Mashiro will be a guy...
[/mangajokes]
Old 2005-12-19, 00:40   Link #68
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuma-sama
Oh, I get it! Takumi is the Obsidian Lord this time around!

And in the next Mai- series, probably named 舞婆HiME (or Mai Obaba), Mashiro will be a guy...
[/mangajokes]
Notice the thing behind his back? Looks auspiously similar to Midori's twin blades.

I'm not surprised if he pulls out a O.M.F.G gem with the words, I Am The Prince of My Motherland.
Old 2005-12-19, 00:51   Link #69
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
I'm not surprised if he pulls out a O.M.F.G gem with the words, I Am The Prince of My Motherland.
Heh for real? I can't tell if you're being serious. It would certainly be interesting, Takumi with physical prowess, let him take down all the Otome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim
I really hope you are right. After all, some of the characters will probably die in the series and if I had to choose I'd choose Shizuru right after Arika.
*runs for his life pursued by a crowd of Shizuru fans*
Yeah you run! Nah I remember you saying before the forum went down. It broke my heart that time too. ^_^ Matrim doth protest too much (about his secret Shizuru lurve) me thinks *runs for her life pursued by Matrim*

If she came first on that poll thingie, then she may last longer than I thought por defecto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich666
and the name of ep13 is Towards the Red Sky ;-)
Heh I can't believe they would 'flag' an episode as obvious as that. Maybe it's a red (excuse the pun) herring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atua
I found the plot direction that Nina "Elektra" Wong is heading increasingly disturbing. I didn't think she'd actually confess about her feelings to Arika. Sergey is a decent character, and I've liked him up to this point, so I really don't want to see a Nina/Sergey/Arika love triangle develop here.
I found it weird too. Sure it explains why Nina has been so aggressive (that she 'doesn't just view him as her dad), but the relationship sways between protection, obsession and figurative incest. And the fact that it's been implied her feelings started as young as nine, is quite unnerving, ewww.

However I doubt it will form a love triangle with Arika as a 'willing' participant. Most of Nina's hostility comes from Arika being Rena's daughter. ''Why did you have to be that woman's daughter'' etc. So in a way we have a Nina / Sergs / 'the memory of Rena' triangle. And Nina kinda loses on all counts here, because it's unlikely she'll ever be able to beat an idealised memory from Serg's youth, nor be seen anything more than a daughter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kieli
I disagree....her expression was not one of jealousy but confusion. I believe that Arika's pendant somehow links her Mashiro (if she is indeed destined to be Mashiro's Otome) and if Mashiro is even perceived to be in danger, I'm sure the pendant's function is to make her aware of it. They DO share a life bond now, after all, as their contract is still in place.
Woooah, there's a lack of ShizNat under your name, I barely recognise you anymore! Hmmm that scene was structured kinda weird. Arika was genuinely happy for Nina, and I thought the sound was more from the pendant rather than her 'heart'. So yeah I'll happily go with the idea it may be about Mashiro. Or maybe even whoever gave her the pendant.
Old 2005-12-19, 00:59   Link #70
Shigan
Forever a Journey

Quote:
I'm sorry if you are being serious but ...mmmfmfmfmfmBWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! XD XD XD

Well well, Arika's super raise in their classranking was hardly unexpected since she is the maincharacter, plus her Godzilla performance under the re-take hike.

Does anyone but me get the feeling of that Nina's dream in reality isn't to be the world's strongest otome and remain virginal all her life? O_o
Old 2005-12-19, 01:04   Link #71
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shigan
I'm sorry if you are being serious but ...mmmfmfmfmfmBWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! XD XD XD

Well well, Arika's super raise in their classranking was hardly unexpected since she is the maincharacter, plus her Godzilla performance under the re-take hike.

Does anyone but me get the feeling of that Nina's dream in reality isn't to be the world's strongest otome and remain virginal all her life? O_o
Of course I'm joking, but I wouldn't mind it being true. And O.M.F.G stands for Obsidian Materialization Field Generator. XD

Nina's pro-dream is clearly to be his dad's girl. Something in her dream world, and she knows it. I think her secondary dream is to be her dad's otome, so she can be one with him, technically. You see her frown when Nagi said she might be Nagi's otome? Clearly shows she wants Sergey, not Nagi.
Old 2005-12-19, 01:54   Link #72
Radiosity
Sexy Tornado
*Artist

Quote:
And O.M.F.G stands for Obsidian Materialization Field Generator. XD
Smoothly done
Old 2005-12-19, 02:40   Link #73
asthalanthil

Yoz, regarding the heart thump... I like the theory that it's due to Mashiro becoming a landing cushion for Mikoto.

However, I can't help but remember the 'Product of Black Valley' (gosh doesn't that sound just like oranges???) theory as well as Miyu seeing her with Alyssa-hair.

What if she really is a construct, breaking down? She did take *too* readily to those nanoprobes, I think.

By the way, Gakuen-chou! Stop taking Shizuru-sama for granted! Is that all you say or do after such a declaration
Old 2005-12-19, 02:47   Link #74
Mentar
Banned

Catgirls, one question. You wrote:

> However...I would like any speculation beyond the current episode to be
> enclosed in [spoiler] tags, and if you want to ramble on about ending theories,
> future episodes, etc., please post your thoughts in this thread: [My Otome]
> [SPOILERS] Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions

Could you please elaborate on this a bit, and maybe rethink that?

One of the beauties about Mai Otome is that NOBODY has spoiler knowledge to distribute, with the sole exception of "next episode summaries" in Newtype. I could perfectly understand in demanding spoiler-tags for those, but when it comes about what you expect to happen next, simply extrapolating from what we just saw, is this really something to hide? I'd have said that this is what most of the discussion is all about? ^_^;
Old 2005-12-19, 02:49   Link #75
Preston
I am the lies in you.
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirls
Frisky lesbians in short school uniforms kicking ass is way more important right now.
Right answer.

In regards to that heartbeat I thought Arika's heart was going to stop and we would finally get rid of her. Damn, no such luck. But I really, REALLY don't want another contender for Sergei. One is bad enought. But, Arika really is the best person when it comes to screwing stuff up. Figures. But seriously, I doubt it is anything to do with Sergei. That would be too... crap and unconnected, honestly. Arika hasn't been made out to be the type that just gets an entirely RANDOM crush on someone simply because they hugged someone she knew. Could be anything, and I have a few pretty random theories, none of which have got really any basis justifying them. At the moment, I find Kieli's theory the most likely. I mean, such thoughts from Arika would be very, very random.

Quote:
And O.M.F.G stands for Obsidian Materialization Field Generator. XD
Owned.
Old 2005-12-19, 02:50   Link #76
ltorivia485

Hey does anyone know who is the father of Arika?
Old 2005-12-19, 02:57   Link #77
lone_wolf
bike mechanic onna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltorivia485
Hey does anyone know who is the father of Arika?
It hasn't been mentioned in the Anime. In the manga it has but then again we're not sure if it's true:

Spoiler:

--Lone Wolf
Old 2005-12-19, 03:58   Link #78
Retsoor

>> I disagree....her expression was not one of jealousy but confusion.

Arika is barely fifteen years old, and considering her naivete, she hardly seems capable of pulling a jealous face out of the blue. I do believe she feels more than fondness towards Sergei and thus has a confused face, because she has never experienced such feelings before and does not know what to think about them, or, does not even know what they are.

>> To speculate something like that is out of place. There's no reason for it.

If anything, there is no reason to think the heartbeat was caused by the link to Mashiro, since she was down for the count. Unless of course Takumi had ulterior motives in dragging Mashiro to a secluded alley and Mashiro found out that she rather enjoyed the ride.

Last edited by Retsoor; 2005-12-19 at 04:17.
Old 2005-12-19, 03:59   Link #79
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

*shrugs.... Darth Rado the sith....lol
Old 2005-12-19, 04:04   Link #80
muppet
Roller of 20's

Send a message via AIM to muppet
Spoiler:
Closed Thread