AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-07-31, 14:28   Link #281
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindblower View Post
none at all, thank you. just it seems like alot poeple here think that he dosent and so really dont understand his power at all. such as the his power coming from a hollow comment.
I've seen a select few people state such a thing. They're just over analyzing the scene of Ichigo and Ken's spiritual energy manifesting itself into hollow-like faces for a brief moment (back during the SS arc). Granted I suppose it is within the realm of possibility for Kubo to present us with the shocking revelation that the scene in question did allude to Ken having hollow powers. But until that happens, I wouldn't give that one scene much thought. I interpreted it as little more than a symbolic way of showing the fierceness of their spirits getting ready to clash. Nothing more and nothing less.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 20:06   Link #282
itachi-san314

i thought shinigami need to know their sword's name to release their shikai? ichigo didnt gain his fulltime release shikai until he learned zangetsu's name. kenpachi doesnt know his sword's name
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 21:30   Link #283
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
i thought shinigami need to know their sword's name to release their shikai? ichigo didnt gain his fulltime release shikai until he learned zangetsu's name. kenpachi doesnt know his sword's name
lol or he learned it and then forgot, i could see it happing.
Old 2012-07-31, 21:32   Link #284
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I've seen a select few people state such a thing. They're just over analyzing the scene of Ichigo and Ken's spiritual energy manifesting itself into hollow-like faces for a brief moment (back during the SS arc). Granted I suppose it is within the realm of possibility for Kubo to present us with the shocking revelation that the scene in question did allude to Ken having hollow powers. But until that happens, I wouldn't give that one scene much thought. I interpreted it as little more than a symbolic way of showing the fierceness of their spirits getting ready to clash. Nothing more and nothing less.
exactly, if he had hollow powers they would have taken him over by now, unless hes really just a fullbringer in a soul reaper costume, which i highly doubt.
Old 2012-07-31, 22:14   Link #285
sayde

Quote:
Ichigo's situation seemed kind of special though. Most shinigami learn how to manifest their weapon into its sealed state by figuring out how to solidify their reiryoku into the zanpakuto's form. Ichigo, on the other hand, jumped straight to learning his zanpakuto's name, so all he had to do was call out to it in order to make the weapon manifest. Kenpachi most likely gained his permanent released shikai by obtaining a sealed zanpakuto through traditional means first. His enormous spiritual energy probably took care of the rest at that point.

*edit*
Bad news guys. Looks like Bleach took a sudden break this week. What's worse is that I'm getting word that Jump #36-37 is a double issue because of something called the "the Obon Festival" in Japan. This means we won't get a chapter next week either. Long story short, if this info is correct, don't expect new spoilers until around August 15th.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-07-31 at 22:35.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 06:09   Link #286
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

need to wait for another two weeks before seeing Kenpachi's epicness
I'm not happy
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 06:21   Link #287
Bombo
TSF Fans

Nice troll in this week and we will wait two week for next chapter
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 07:10   Link #288
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

What the fuck, did he go into a damn coma?
Old 2012-08-01, 07:25   Link #289
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Chill...he's human.

Get well soon Kubo.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 07:53   Link #290
ronin myael
lost ronin

got trolled by kubo yet again!
Old 2012-08-01, 09:12   Link #291
Inarius
★★★★★

next issue should feature a double ch :3

yeah, that's prob never gonna happen
Old 2012-08-01, 10:15   Link #292
Riltz
⌂ Vulcan 300 ⌂

Wait, that stuff about kubo being sick and no chapter wasn't a trolling attempt?
And now next chapter is on august 20th....sometimes i feel like this is going the monthly manga path.

btw (and kind offtopic), no one know when the monthly edition where is Nurarihion come out again? i need my dose of tsurara
Riltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 11:19   Link #293
flack

wow for a whole month...
flack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 20:42   Link #294
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Ichigo's Getuga got stronger, but his sword was always released in Shikai, as is Kenpachi's.
Old 2012-08-01, 20:50   Link #295
Mindblower
Mr. Amazing

2 weeks huh? well at least naruto aint trollin me
Old 2012-08-02, 00:52   Link #296
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
Most likely, Buckbeard will say "Sidekick, you take care of him, I have business to tend to." Then disappear.
I find it more likely that sidekick will pull the old "This one is beneath you, Master. Allow me to handle him."

Then after Kenpachi is through thoroughly wiping the floor with Sidekick, Buckbeard will fight him, revealing that he's like half-Quincy/half-Shinigami, or Isshin's old Zanpakuto turned Quincy, or something random like that, and pull some kind of haxx move to take out Kenpachi. Then Ichigo/Yama-jii/Squad 0 show up just in time to leave Kenpachi's fate in doubt.

I wonder what would happen if Kyoraku found out that the Bankai aren't just stolen, they can also be used against their former wielders. His shikai is nearly as dangerous to himself as it is to his opponents. If his Bankai works on a similar principle (as most do), he might actually be better off if his opponent steals it and tries to use it against him, since he's bound to know it better. And that definitely sounds like the kind of thing he'd do just for the lulz...
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 01:09   Link #297
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindblower View Post
Didnt Ken-chan say his sword was always in shika like ichigos? in the anime i recall that happening. if not then why dose his zanpotko look so diffrent? i understand the jaged teeth, but whats with the handle? and the size, it longer, and in the battle with ?niritoa? he made a remark about how nirtoa's sp was making his sword sharper?
It would make sense that if Kenpachi had a shikai, it would be a sword that got more powerful depending on the reiatsu of the opponent he's fighting. It would suit his style very well, and it would explain why he quickly lose interest if he's going up against "small fry" as we saw during the Fullbringer arc.

Even if he doesn't know his swords name, it doesn't mean it may have some sort of unknown power that it's constantly using, kinda like Ichigo releasing a getsuga tensho on "instinct" when he was training with Urahara.
Old 2012-08-02, 16:12   Link #298
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
need to wait for another two weeks before seeing Kenpachi's epicness
I'm not happy
Oh, this is why no chapter this week.
I wonder how is Kubo going to troll us and poor Ken-chan next week...

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 00:49   Link #299
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Oh, this is why no chapter this week.
I wonder how is Kubo going to troll us and poor Ken-chan next week...
When you say "troll" Kenpachi, what do you mean? If Kenpachi gets beat, is that considered trolling? I have a feeling people just insert the word "troll" into everything these days.
Old 2012-08-03, 11:05   Link #300
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
When you say "troll" Kenpachi, what do you mean? If Kenpachi gets beat, is that considered trolling? I have a feeling people just insert the word "troll" into everything these days.
yea, i miss the days when a troll was just some scary creature living under bridges who demanded tolls to pass and ate people if they didn't oblige.

my understanding of current trolling is when you fake someone (i.e. us readers) out. like if byakuya was still alive and unharmed somehow for no logical reason and then smiled at as nodt and 1 hit killed him. us readers and as nodt would have been trolled.

also, it seems like an even newer definition of trolling is when you have characters appear for just a short while just to remind readers that they exist even though the author is not giving them anything in particular to do. i.e. if kenpachi gets 1 hit killed by buckbeard next chapter, then kenpachi would indeed be trolled. kubo does often troll characters in this way since he has so so so many of them, it's hard to make a meaningful story with them all appearing and being actually relevant (a good writer like oda can do it, but not kubo). a good example would be the hinamori troll when rangiku was fighting allon. she appeared out of nowhere, did 1 or 2 things and then got beat moments later. a similar crappy thing could befall kenpachi next chapter, but i certainly hope and think not.

i don't really like these newer definitions for trolling and would prefer to see trolls kept under bridges, but i think kache is correct in saying it that way
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter