Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-12, 21:44   Link #2761
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wontaek View Post
RX-75 Guntank is more like self propelled guns instead of a real tank due to its lack of speed burst and high profile. RTX-440 fights much more like a real tank should, using its armor, low profile to dodge enemy fire, speed, and concentration of firepower to break open enemy line of defense and exploit it. I think parodies involving RTX-440 would be more fitting for Girls & Panzer series as most of the battles depicted put heavy emphasis on speedy maneuvers .
Do you know that RTX-440 like RX-75 can't rotate it's torso? In real world history, most of old model tank is high profile because their turret. The low profile ones are assault gun and tank destroyer because they don't have turret to exchange their lower profile and stronger gun. If RX-75 is more like self propelled guns, the RTX-440 is more like assault gun. Both of them lack of turnable turret, they aren't real tanks.

And RX-75 max speed is 70km/h (the current fastest modern tank is only reach 82km/h), while RTX-440 is still missing infomation about it's weight, engine, speed. So you can't said it is faster, more maneuver than RX-75. More over, RX-75 is developed base on RTX-44, while RTX-440 is directly modified from the leftover RTX-44 units, it mean they use older chassis than RX-75. The only reason RTX-440 look more modern and good looking because they're designed in 2008 by with CGI, while RX-75 is designed in 1979~1980 with non-CGI.
Old 2012-12-12, 21:47   Link #2762
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Actually, only the original RX-75-4 Guntank was unable to rotate, but only because of the fact that it utilized the Core Block System.

Latter mass production RX-75 Guntanks and the RMV-1 Guntank II lacked it, which enabled them to turn their entire torso like a big turret.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 21:51   Link #2763
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

While RTX-440 is only modified version of old chassis RTX-44, thus still un-turnable their torso.
Old 2012-12-12, 22:40   Link #2764
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
Do you know that RTX-440 like RX-75 can't rotate it's torso? In real world history, most of old model tank is high profile because their turret. The low profile ones are assault gun and tank destroyer because they don't have turret to exchange their lower profile and stronger gun. If RX-75 is more like self propelled guns, the RTX-440 is more like assault gun. Both of them lack of turnable turret, they aren't real tanks.

And RX-75 max speed is 70km/h (the current fastest modern tank is only reach 82km/h), while RTX-440 is still missing infomation about it's weight, engine, speed. So you can't said it is faster, more maneuver than RX-75. More over, RX-75 is developed base on RTX-44, while RTX-440 is directly modified from the leftover RTX-44 units, it mean they use older chassis than RX-75. The only reason RTX-440 look more modern and good looking because they're designed in 2008 by with CGI, while RX-75 is designed in 1979~1980 with non-CGI.
While what you say is true, we should also look at how they were utilized. If you follow Gundam series, RX-75 fought more like Siege Artillery piece as it stays behind friendly force providing support fire. You can see RTX-440 fight like Heavy Calvary as it charges and breaks through enemy lines. It is the usage in combat that I think is more important. As for Oorai girls, the type of vehicle they need is something that demonstrate mobile use like RTX-440 instead of Set-piece like use of RX-75
Old 2012-12-12, 23:02   Link #2765
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

It's fight like cavalry because it is assault gun. But the chassis is old, bigger gun, mean slower reloading not suit for assault which require high rate-of-fire. And unturnable torso is an big flaw if don't have other unit support, while the RX-75 Mass producted units can turn their's torso. And if they are provide with more armaments they can become better assault units because their turnable torso.
Old 2012-12-12, 23:07   Link #2766
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

And the Guntank II is better at the task, especially given its more tank quality than even the Guntank.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:15   Link #2767
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I hate to derail this lively discussion about whether or not the Guntank can REALLY be considered a tank, I was hoping to get confirmation about something. There was mention that the girls of the volleyball team/Team Duck all share surnames with the gold-medal volleyball team from the Tokyo 1964 Olympics... Except driver Kawanishi, who at first glance doesn't share any surname with any member of that team.

However one web source DOES point to the team captain, once Kawanishi Kasai... Except this goes against what Wikipedia has, which names Masae Kasai instead as the captain. Is this a case of having a different reading of the Kanji of the surname, or did someone goof up somewhere?
Old 2012-12-12, 23:39   Link #2768
Gravitas Free Zone

Just noting here that the version of this episode that was given to Crunchyroll continued to lack the instrumental version of Katyusha, but it was handled by substituting in original music in the first instance and having no BG music in the second.

All of the other singing made it through.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-12, 23:57   Link #2769
Midonin
Last Engage

Girls & Tanks 09 - Dance! (Part 2)

For me, this show is also like Saki in that I have no freaking clue what's going on in the main "game" and rely mostly on the characters' reactions to figure out what thing went on with the other thing. Though knowing that the main characters are the main characters, I can tell they pulled off a narrow victory at the end. The first 11ish minutes were pretty nice. And I'm glad the Student Council has become more prominent since the early episodes. They play more into the backstory of what's going on than I thought. Kanemoto's character is very entertaining to watch, with her larger than life proclamations of victory, and the return of the dance was a pleasant sight. So it's not just a one-off gag, but an integral part of the worldbuilding - or at least a memorable part.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:01   Link #2770
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
Just noting here that the version of this episode that was given to Crunchyroll continued to lack the instrumental version of Katyusha, but it was handled by substituting in original music in the first instance and having no BG music in the second.

I'm appalled on why CR has to have versions with butchered bgm / music.
One more reason not to subscribe to them.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:02   Link #2771
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
I'm appalled on why CR has to do such a thing.
One more reason not to subscribe to them.
I think you're shooting the messenger here.
Old 2012-12-13, 00:08   Link #2772
aly_angelflight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I hate to derail this lively discussion about whether or not the Guntank can REALLY be considered a tank, I was hoping to get confirmation about something. There was mention that the girls of the volleyball team/Team Duck all share surnames with the gold-medal volleyball team from the Tokyo 1964 Olympics... Except driver Kawanishi, who at first glance doesn't share any surname with any member of that team.

However one web source DOES point to the team captain, once Kawanishi Kasai... Except this goes against what Wikipedia has, which names Masae Kasai Kasai Masae instead as the captain. Is this a case of having a different reading of the Kanji of the surname, or did someone goof up somewhere?
"Kawanishi Kasai" is in this case would be the equivalent to "Catie Katie"--someone decided that rather than trying to determine which one was the correct "spelling", they would just write both of them down and ditch the rest of the name.

But yes, the kanji for Kasai and Kawanishi are exactly the same, so it's simply a case of alternate readings for the same surname.
aly_angelflight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:21   Link #2773
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I think you're shooting the messenger here.
Post already edited.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:29   Link #2774
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Post already edited.
I still stand by my point.
Old 2012-12-13, 00:36   Link #2775
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post

When I heard of them taking out Katyusha from Crunchyroll. I was a bit confused on why they cut it out. Was there anything about it?
Old 2012-12-13, 00:40   Link #2776
florallia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
DOES point to the team captain, once Kawanishi Kasai... Except this goes against what Wikipedia has, which names Masae Kasai instead as the captain. Is this a case of having a different reading of the Kanji of the surname, or did someone goof up somewhere?
Welcome to the Head-Twirling Kanji World again !
Yes, Real person's name, "河西昌枝" sounds "Kasai Masae", But her family name, "河西" can read as "Kasai" & "Kawanishi" both, as you think.

For example, Momo-chan's family name "河嶋”, it also can reads for "Kashima" "Koujima" "Kawajima" "Kajima" instead of "Kawashima". But, there's still many possibility for existence of rare soundings which can not read properly by rule of Kanji, but made up by relisional or historical reasons. aaagh! I'LL QUIT! I'LL QUIT THE JAPANESE!!! MY BRAIN HURTS, DOCTOR!!

And more complication to come, in the foreign countries, Japanese people's order of name is inverted many time. That makes more confusion. Family name first is correct order, but too sad to say, our ancestor who learn foreign language was thinking they should be follow foreign way to introduce names themselves. And of course, we're too used to Japanese Naming System, and if someone calls somebody's name half, we're depicted perfectly which is First or Last. But most of Japanese people didn't notice, foreign people not used to. vice versa, when foreign people reads Japanese, our name's order is inverted in the "correct way", but no one can sort out "first or last" except Japanese or Well talented japanese speaker, confusion and mistook spreads like hot cheese. Many time, We're introduce by Pet Name instead of Family Name, Order was messed, or mix-up in the way like someone's Pet-name & my Pet-name jointed or some
unknown family-name & my family-name jointed. If you used to the Naming Rule and Order, you can notice how funny foreign-made Japanese characters had weird names..........like our country's creation of foreigner characters' name. (*_*;
Well, anyway!
I wrote in the past post already, we're confirming sounds of Kanji every day, every time, each other. Especially, Somebody's Name is like Anti-Tank Mine in Japanese Social World, if you call somebody's name carelessly without confirmation and then that is sounds wrong, your first impression gonna be down to earth, branded as very rude and careless person! Be careful.......That's terror like mine.

Last edited by florallia; 2012-12-13 at 01:00. Reason: information added
florallia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:54   Link #2777
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
When I heard of them taking out Katyusha from Crunchyroll. I was a bit confused on why they cut it out. Was there anything about it?
You'll have to back up a week in the thread to find it, but the short version is that due to peculiarities in the United States's application of copyright law, the song "Katyusha" isn't covered for broadcast in the USA. At least not in an easy and simple manner.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-13, 00:56   Link #2778
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I posted about it a few pages back. The gist is, because of recent US legislation, Katyusha is technically considered still protected by copyright and is NOT part of the public domain yet. Someone, likely the production committee, didn't want to go through the complicated process of wrestling with US copyright issues, so in the end they decided to cut it out of the raw they provided to Crunchyroll. This episode apparently did something similar, but instead of outright cutting things out, it replaced one instance, then left the chase scene (which played the Katyusha instrumental) utterly BGM-less.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:17   Link #2779
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So, basically, it wasn't Crunchyroll's fault at all, but whoever sends them the material from Japan. Well and US Copyright laws in relation to Russia.
Old 2012-12-13, 01:17   Link #2780
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Sgt. Oddball
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks