Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-10-21, 02:43   Link #34961
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
In the wake of a murder of a transgendered woman by a Marine, the lawyer of the victim's family insists that someone was tailing him.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-10-21, 10:19   Link #34962
LoveYouSaber

Just in case anyone is curious why protesters or quite a number of people in Hong Kong absolutely detest the current Chief Executive, read below:

"The Beijing-appointed leader of Hong Kong, Leung Chun-ying, said Monday evening that it was unacceptable to allow his successors to be chosen in open elections, in part because doing so would risk giving poorer residents a dominant voice in politics."

From New York Times:

Hong Kong Leader Reaffirms Unbending Stance on Elections

Note: Two years ago, when he was running for the Chief Executive, he portrayed himself as a person caring for the poor and was running to help solve poverty issues. I wonder what would have happened if he had said what he said today two years ago.
Old 2014-10-21, 14:03   Link #34963
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
You can argue this against pretty much everything. Would Skyrim make gamers think that it's acceptable to chop people head with an axe while screaming "Fus roh dah"? How about the readers of Oreimo think it's more acceptable to engage in incest acts? Not to mention Breaking Bad audiences potentially commit in illegal drug dealing?

It started to get down to Minority Report route if people are punished for the potential of their crime. Not what they committed
Yhep. Now that's a slippery slope if I ever saw one. If you claim that drawings make people consider becoming paedophiles why don't pictures of violence turn people into murderers? It doesn't and there's ample scientific literature to prove that it doesn't so I'm guessing that the same thing might just apply to fictional sexy pictures as well as fictional violent pictures.
Old 2014-10-22, 06:28   Link #34964
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/...icle-1.1980605

Murder victim's fiancé not ready to forgive the Marine for killing her.

----
http://opinion.inquirer.net/79481/us...but-oppressors

Opinion piece based on the murder case.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-10-22, 11:58   Link #34965
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/world/...icle-1.1980605

Murder victim's fiancé not ready to forgive the Marine for killing her.

----
http://opinion.inquirer.net/79481/us...but-oppressors

Opinion piece based on the murder case.
Some sort of opinion piece that is. It is devoid of statistics and full of empty accusations.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-10-22, 12:42   Link #34966
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

This is so crazy. One soldier killed at the War Memorial in Ottawa and then shootings in government buildings, including the Parliament. One shooter is killed, but it is suspected there is more than one.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otta...ates-1.2808737 (Live CBC coverage)

Also, our PM was supposed to attend a ceremony in Toronto where Malala Yousafzai was supposed to receive her honorary Canadian citizenship today, of all days. If you ask me, I don't believe in coincidences since another soldier was killed by a hit-and-run from a jackass who was recently converted to Radical Islam; that incident took place a few days ago.

Whoever did this, you are all f***ers!

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-10-22 at 13:06.
Old 2014-10-22, 13:36   Link #34967
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
This is so crazy. One soldier killed at the War Memorial in Ottawa and then shootings in government buildings, including the Parliament. One shooter is killed, but it is suspected there is more than one.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otta...ates-1.2808737 (Live CBC coverage)

Also, our PM was supposed to attend a ceremony in Toronto where Malala Yousafzai was supposed to receive her honorary Canadian citizenship today, of all days. If you ask me, I don't believe in coincidences since another soldier was killed by a hit-and-run from a jackass who was recently converted to Radical Islam; that incident took place a few days ago.

Whoever did this, you are all f***ers!
The people South of you is going to claim more gun liberties - "Crazed shooter? Nothing like a concealed-carry 1911 can't fix".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-10-22, 14:00   Link #34968
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
The people South of you is going to claim more gun liberties - "Crazed shooter? Nothing like a concealed-carry 1911 can't fix".
Speaking of, there are unconfirmed reports of an armed sergeant-at-arms gunning down the bastard who went inside the Parliament. Not sure it is related to gun laws though. That shooter had it coming and I hope he took extra bullets to the head after getting shots.

That attack was premeditated, that's for sure. May hell be unleashed upon all sociopaths of his kind soon.
Old 2014-10-22, 14:08   Link #34969
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Speaking of, there are unconfirmed reports of an armed sergeant-at-arms gunning down the bastard who went inside the Parliament. Not sure it is related to gun laws though. That shooter had it coming and I hope he took extra bullets to the head after getting shots.

That attack was premeditated, that's for sure. May hell be unleashed upon all sociopaths of his kind soon.
And it is reported that the sergeant-at-arms was off duty.

NRA is going to have a field day with this.

Old 2014-10-22, 21:51   Link #34970
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Actually. I can confirm that the SAA is the man responsible for taking down the gunman in Ottawa. He's a career RCMP officer.

Most tweet by politicians praise him for saving their life.

According to police, culprit is French-Canadian who converted to Islam and CSIS had his passport flagged when they got evidence of his plans to link up with ISIS.

Old 2014-10-22, 23:20   Link #34971
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Two lone wolf event in two day, guess that Harper will heat up the anti-islamist rhethoric not that he was a moderate to begin.

Quote:
I am more curious to know if the shooter made his preparation alone or if he had outside backing, if he was part of something or a individual inspired by some extremist rhethoric found online.
Old 2014-10-22, 23:21   Link #34972
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:

If anyone tries that with me, I'm just going to link the video the Globe and Mail's Josh Wingrove took and ask "Do these people look like they want you getting in the way dumbass?":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrGqoISd-do

This being said I suspect that once things quiet down people are going to ask how a guy with a rifle was actually able to get into Center Block in the first place. Heads may roll over that part.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
Old 2014-10-23, 07:26   Link #34973
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Getting news that Kenny G showed signs of backing the protests, which is pissing Beijing.

Kenny said that he's not officially supporting it.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...-kong-protests

http://www.theverge.com/2014/10/23/7...-kong-protests

Old 2014-10-23, 11:25   Link #34974
maplehurry

Quote:

Or the fact that the culprit had past criminal records and thus should be banned from owning gun.
Old 2014-10-23, 17:14   Link #34975
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:

I like that fact that his last name is Vickers.

Endless "Fitting" Soul
Old 2014-10-23, 17:38   Link #34976
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I like that fact that his last name is Vickers.

Endless "Fitting" Soul
Dealing with this kind of situation isn't really the norm for him, this is a guy who in his RCMP career responded to a protest by sending plainclothes officers with coffee and donuts to talk to the protestors and according to his brother never actually had use his gun in 29 years of service:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...app=noRedirect

This BBC article is one of the few I've found that seems to have pieced together the way things played out:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29749869

I must say I'm still surprised that the shooter was purportedly able to shoot it out with security at the front entrance, then proceed down a hallway, past rooms where the governing and official opposition parties were meeting to the back of the building before getting taken down (they actually found a bullet in the door to the NDP's caucus room, which was in use at the time). I'm guessing the guards at the entrance decided to wait for backup to continue engaging?

Old 2014-10-23, 17:52   Link #34977
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
Dealing with this kind of situation isn't really the norm for him, this is a guy who in his RCMP career responded to a protest by sending plainclothes officers with coffee and donuts to talk to the protestors and according to his brother never actually had use his gun in 29 years of service:
http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2...app=noRedirect

This BBC article is one of the few I've found that seems to have pieced together the way things played out:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-29749869

I must say I'm still surprised that the shooter was purportedly able to shoot it out with security at the front entrance, then proceed down a hallway, past rooms where the governing and official opposition parties were meeting to the back of the building before getting taken down (they actually found a bullet in the door to the NDP's caucus room, which was in use at the time). I'm guessing the guards at the entrance decided to wait for backup to continue engaging?
probably a lack of training. unlike your neighbor, i seriously doubt your guards/cops have too much experience or training in engaging a shoot out.
Old 2014-10-23, 18:01   Link #34978
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
probably a lack of training. unlike your neighbor, i seriously doubt your guards/cops have too much experience or training in engaging a shoot out.
Funny you should say that...
Old 2014-10-23, 19:22   Link #34979
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

So there was only one gun man (right?), but reportedly, two others were involved. How do people think the other two were involved in this shooting? I heard on the news that the gun man exited a car and ran to the building. Perhaps the two who helped him drove him to the part of town he was going to attack?
Old 2014-10-23, 22:19   Link #34980
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
So there was only one gun man (right?), but reportedly, two others were involved. How do people think the other two were involved in this shooting? I heard on the news that the gun man exited a car and ran to the building. Perhaps the two who helped him drove him to the part of town he was going to attack?
Early witness reports indicated a second person might have been involved I couldn't see any evidence of it in the footage released and police have been saying they think he worked alone. My guess is that one of the people who scattered when the shooter initially got out of the car with the rifle at east block or the minister's driver who handed over his vehicle when threatened got mistaken for an accomplice by witnesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The more recent news articles are saying the guard who spotted the shooter at the entrance was unarmed and was actually shot in the foot trying to disarm the guy. In that case, the officers who confronted and killed him at the back of the building were probably the first armed response.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otta...ideo-1.2810673
http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/otta...ents-1.2810918

Closed Thread

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international