AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2008-01-20, 23:14   Link #741
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

A sig inspired by one of the pics Maids! x3 posted:

Free for all!

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-20, 23:17   Link #742
electronicmaji
Banned

naked fox nekos make me randy.
electronicmaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 00:08   Link #743
Ellaya_dw

Send a message via ICQ to Ellaya_dw
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicmaji View Post
naked fox nekos make me randy.
Hey, she's a wolf!

Well, just love ED's pics, chibi-Horo is so cute!

Last edited by Ellaya_dw; 2008-01-21 at 06:18.
Ellaya_dw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 00:32   Link #744
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

In the novel, when Lawrence first sees Horo in his cart, it says:

月明かりの下で毛皮に包まって寝ている娘はまだまだ年若そうなものの、恐ろしいほどの色気があ る
"In the moonlight, sleeping there wrapped in furs, the woman seemed young, and frighteningly sexy."

Then, when she stands up, it says:

ゆっくりと体を起こした裸《はだか》の娘が、声を失うほどに美しかったからだ。
"Slowly rising from the furs was a naked woman so beautiful it left him speechless."

荷台の上で月明かりに照らされた毛は絹《きぬ》のように滑《なめ》らかで、上質のマントのように背中まで垂 れている。首から鎖骨《さこつ》、それに肩《かた》にかけては稀代《きだい》の芸術家が彫り上げた聖母の像 のように美しいラインを描き、しなやかな腕《うで》は氷の彫像のようだった。
 そして、それら無機質に感じるほどに美しい体の中ほどにある二つの控えめな乳房《ちぶさ》が妙《みょう》 にイキモノ臭《くさ》さを匂《にお》わせていて、ぞっとする魅力《みりょく》の中に温かさを宿 していた。
"[As she stood there] on the back of the cart, the moonlight on her hair made it seem like a fine cloak of smoothest silk falling down her back. The line from her head to her collar bone and her shoulder was like the rare sculpture of a madonna. And her supple arms seemed sculpted from ice. But despite the inorganic feeling, the two demure breasts on that beautiful body gave the odor of a living being, and were like a warmth dwelling in the midst of that shiver-inducing bewitchment."

And then she closes her eyes, throws her head back, and howls at the moon.

I don't read Japanese fast enough to really read all the novels, but I'm reading the first part of v1, anyway. These passages gave me an idea of how Lawrence sees Horo, at least at first.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 00:37   Link #745
electronicmaji
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellaya_dw View Post
Hey, she's a wolf!

Well, just love ED's pics, chibi-Horo is so cute!
wolfs are less sexy than fox so shes a fox in my mind...or else I wouldn't be attracted to her...
Old 2008-01-21, 00:41   Link #746
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Plural of wolf is wolves. Won't spite you for the opinion though, as I find both foxgirls and wolfgirls enticing. Cats and dogs are too domestic, too tamed.
Old 2008-01-21, 00:41   Link #747
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Okay.... now I'm incapable of resisting the purchase of the light novels. This guy writes.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-01-21 at 00:58.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 00:44   Link #748
electronicmaji
Banned

You can read japanese?
Old 2008-01-21, 00:56   Link #749
Ultenth

For me I'm not so much attracted to her, as finding her very interesting. I'm not really a lolicon, so 15yo's don't really do much for me, and not really into tails and ears other than thinking they are kinda cute as accessories sometimes. I know it sounds cheesy but I'm definitely more interested in her personality due to the seeming complexity of it, as well because she seems like a confident and wise woman who also has a feminine side, which is damn rare (LOL j/k...kinda...) But yeah, I would love to see a subforum so that way we could have manga/novel/avatar/sig/poll/episode/character/etc. discussion threads. That and it seems that a lot of comments regarding each episode are repeated by 5 different people because this thread moves so fast and no one reads what the others read because of that. If we had individual episode threads there wouldn't be repeated comments in that way. (Still not as bad at that as the true tears thread though).
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 01:01   Link #750
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Okay.... now I'm incapable of resisting the purchase of the light novels. This guy writes.
Have to agree that guy can really write. If I could read that stuff I'd be all over those novels. So definitely you can't say Lawrence did not have a reaction to how Horo looked.

Be it wolf or fox its not a big deal to me. Don't think what species she is makes that big a difference.
Old 2008-01-21, 01:03   Link #751
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Have to agree that guy can really write. If I could read that stuff I'd be all over those novels. So definitely you can't say Lawrence did not have a reaction to how Horo looked.

Be it wolf or fox its not a big deal to me. Don't think what species she is makes that big a difference.
Well it is called Ookami to Koushinryou, and since Ookami means wolf, I think that she's a wolf, seems pretty clear to me. Also every conversation in the show has revolved around wolves, who are pack hunters that hunt larger animals and will sometimes (if rarely and usually for good reason) attack humans. Foxes are solo hunters and generally hunt small animals. Looks like a no brainer!
Old 2008-01-21, 01:08   Link #752
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultenth View Post
For me I'm not so much attracted to her, as finding her very interesting. I'm not really a lolicon, so 15yo's don't really do much for me, and not really into tails and ears other than thinking they are kinda cute as accessories sometimes.
Whoa there, dude. 15 years old? Loli? What reality do you live in?

I'm also buying the novels, but I'm wating for YesAsia.com to have them all in stock at once. For the rest of you who don't care what order you get them in as long as you get them, here's all you need.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/artIdxDept....s/aid-1244462/
Old 2008-01-21, 01:14   Link #753
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
For me I'm not so much attracted to her, as finding her very interesting. I'm not really a lolicon, so 15yo's don't really do much for me, and not really into tails and ears other than thinking they are kinda cute as accessories sometimes. I know it sounds cheesy but I'm definitely more interested in her blah blah blah blah.
15yr old? where? You mean that merchant girl?

Well must be honest, she had a pretty hot body for a 15yr old, proper jailbait there.

But if your talking about Horo, wooah.

she'll knock you side ways and up if you called her a "15yr old"

she's old enough to be your grand-grand-grand-wolf mother.

Old 2008-01-21, 01:18   Link #754
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Whoa there, dude. 15 years old? Loli? What reality do you live in?

I'm also buying the novels, but I'm wating for YesAsia.com to have them all in stock at once. For the rest of you who don't care what order you get them in as long as you get them, here's all you need.

http://us.yesasia.com/en/artIdxDept....s/aid-1244462/
Now that's a powder keg waiting to blow. Anyway, to my knowledge it's stated on the website or something that she's in the body of a 15 year old (at least that's what post #9 of this thread states) even though she's really several hundred. And in fact she does look like around that age, and in some of the ED and other art she looks more like 7-10 or so at times. But as for the other, well, I'm 28, and I prefer the look of full-grown women normally.

Not saying I can't find a younger person beautiful, just not sexually attractive is all, and believe me there can be a huge difference in that distinction. Look at Kiera Knightly, I think she is stunningly beautiful, but no way would I ever want to sleep with her. I would be too afraid I'd get an artery cut or a lung punctured by her bones. She looks better with lots of clothes on to me. Just my personal opinion, you don't have to agree with it at all, just thought I'd clarify for Masanori's edification. Everyone has different tastes, and to each their own after all.
Old 2008-01-21, 01:27   Link #755
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Now that's a powder keg waiting to blow. Anyway, to my knowledge it's stated on the website or something that she's in the body of a 15 year old (at least that's what post #9 of this thread states) even though she's really several hundred. And in fact she does look like around that age, and in some of the ED and other art she looks more like 7-10 or so at times. But as for the other, well, I'm 28, and I prefer the look of full-grown women normally.

Not saying I can't find a younger person beautiful, just not sexually attractive is all, and believe me there can be a huge difference in that distinction. Look at Kiera Knightly, I think she is stunningly beautiful, but no way would I ever want to sleep with her. I would be too afraid I'd get an artery cut or a lung punctured by her bones. She looks better with lots of clothes on to me. Just my personal opinion, you don't have to agree with it at all, just thought I'd clarify for Masanori's edification. Everyone has different tastes, and to each their own after all.
what does kira knightly have to do with Horo?

O_o

and to be honest...erm...Too much information. TMI. TMI.

sheesh its just an animation. relax, relax.

lets just forget about this and move on to the real topic, which is:

1) horo is adorable.

2) What does she have in mind to get the shiny? so they can get more food?

3) Well we see start seeing the beginning of the foxy (aha!) flirtation with Lawrence?

Old 2008-01-21, 01:29   Link #756
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

edit: I'll just refer people to the wiki definition of loli - I'll assume he's referring to the *look* (waifish) which I also tend to use in referring to the body type.

Feudal definitions of "adult" included anyone over the age of 14... old enough to breed? Adult feudally speaking.
<shrug> tastes differ --- I know more than a few petite women from 20 to whatever age you can name who could share clothes easily with Horo.

And yes, I can read Japanese ... just very slowly...

I have a feeling the shortness of the series is going to be my main complaint given the material in the manga and novels.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-01-21 at 01:54.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 01:36   Link #757
Ultenth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
what does kira knightly have to do with Horo?

Haha, I agree I agree, I was just mentioning her to illustrate how I can find someone beautiful without actually finding her sexually appealing. Which is the way I feel about Horo, but yeah, lets not get into a moral anime lolita discussion or about tastes in partner's body types, that would totally derail this thread. Again, like I said earlier, it's just my lone mind on the matter, since someone earlier mentioned being attracted to her, I thought I'd voice my opinion as well. Which is that she's beautiful and cute, but personally I'd view her more as a friend or little sister, simply due to my own personal "tastes". To each their own and all that, was just stating my own thoughts on the matter.

Anyway, I'm more interested at the moment how Chloe will react if she hears anything about Lawrence travelling around calling someone his "wife". That will be very...interesting.
Old 2008-01-21, 01:53   Link #758
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Agreed on all counts (except Kiera is a stick figure compared to Horo ).

I'd be surprised if Chloe learned anything about Horo until towards the end of the series (unless a traveler in the reverse direction mentioned something she heard). My real problem is that there's SO many directions they could go with this that I have no idea where they're going to take the series adaptation.
Old 2008-01-21, 01:54   Link #759
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Cant lose to CK in sig producing department!

Free
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-21, 04:05   Link #760
Khaos

Wink

Horo's a wulf, but they made her look very fox-like. Du red wolves even exist?

I think, if a picture has a sexual charisma depends mainly on the particular theme, the pose of the charater, the face, etc. Normally most anime/manga pictures have almost no sexual charisma for me (even most hentais are just lame in my opinion) but not few are on a level of beauty that can't be reached by any other forms of art. And for a picture to be sexual attractive there must be beauty in it to begin with, for I don't seperate those two.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, drama, fantasy, furry, imagin, kemonomimi, romance, shounen