4 out of 10 : Poor 6 1.46%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 0.49%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.46%
Voters: 410. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-05, 17:51   Link #621
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Suzaku put him in the perfect trap since he can't put up an act unless he hurts her feelings and his own as well.

And apparently C.C. also came for the Death Threat box containing her Cheese-kun stuff. I didn't know she was that protective of them.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:53   Link #622
KrimzonStriker

Cheese-kun products are serious business Dann
Old 2008-05-05, 17:54   Link #623
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Am I the only one who's getting tired of Kallen's FS? 2/3 the time she's just there for some panty shots & it really restrains me from respecting her as whoever she is.

Believe me, I tried
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:56   Link #624
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I know she liked Cheese-kun, but the message on that box seemed out of character for her. And is "Beard Face" a nickname for Lelouch?

And 2/3 isn't all that accurate a ratio really. It doesn't constitute that much. At least I don't think it does.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:58   Link #625
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
I like how people are defending Kallen's fanservice simply because she's Kallen.
I like how people feel the need to defend Kallen's fanservice in the first place.

Just either:

1. Shut up and fap

or

2. Overlook it because lol anime
Bloodseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 17:58   Link #626
gabbytay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Cheese-kun products are serious business Dann
rolo will kill anyone touching his locket.
C.C will kill anyone touching cheese-kun.
Lelouche will kill anyone hurting nunnuly.
gabbytay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:04   Link #627
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I know she liked Cheese-kun, but the message on that box seemed out of character for her. And is "Beard Face" a nickname for Lelouch?
I think it was a message to Charles after they cleared out Lelouch's room, and last I checked Lelouch didn't have a beard... >_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post

Serious business, like I said

See, it gets better once you know how to laugh a little Dann
Old 2008-05-05, 18:06   Link #628
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
I like how people feel the need to defend Kallen's fanservice in the first place.

Just either:

1. Shut up and fap

or

I literally lol-ed at #1.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:08   Link #629
KrimzonStriker

Honestly, the fan-service isn't a big deal unless you make it a big deal. I didn't care for it some of the time, but I didn't let it ruin the whole episode for me. It's all about mindset, and it was about what I expected so I'm satisfied with Turn 5 as it was
Old 2008-05-05, 18:26   Link #630
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
So you didn't see Kallen in skimpy black clothes that showed practically everything as well as that ass shot? Viletta is the only one with a scene similar to Kallen. C.C. had a panty shot and that is it. Nothing too big really.

I agree it was because of the heat, but that doesn't make the fanservice any less blatent.
Kallen's top showed some parts of her breast not more than 75% like Viletta's top.(let's not talk about what they were wearing for bottoms, considering Viletta.) C.C had a crotch/panty shoot and the stuff with the tomatoes was pretty NSFW.

I never said it wasn't blatent for CG or TTGL.
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:38   Link #631
nanatsusaya
C.C. & Sheryl worshipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom33 View Post
Kallen's top showed some parts of her breast not more than 75% like Viletta's top.(let's not talk about what they were wearing for bottoms, considering Viletta.) C.C had a crotch/panty shoot and the stuff with the tomatoes was pretty NSFW.

I never said it wasn't blatent for CG or TTGL.
C.C.'s tomatoes scene is made to get people's imagination run wild As for Kallen 'n Viletta, things go a bit more... graphic Doesn't need to compare one hotter than another
nanatsusaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:39   Link #632
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodseeker View Post
This is what it comes down to in the end. Honestly, it's not so in-your-face as it could be, with the potential exception of Kallen's ass occupying 8/10ths of the screen after she glomps Lulu in that Kappa/or-whatever costume. But if one watches anime, one learns to expect and overlook fanservice. I used to go facepalm at it years ago, now I barely blink in surprise.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:45   Link #633
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabbytay View Post
Suzaku will kill anyone getting in his way.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:47   Link #634
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
This is what it comes down to in the end. Honestly, it's not so in-your-face as it could be, with the potential exception of Kallen's ass occupying 8/10ths of the screen after she glomps Lulu in that Kappa/or-whatever costume. But if one watches anime, one learns to expect and overlook fanservice. I used to go facepalm at it years ago, now I barely blink in surprise.
I used to be in the party that facepalmed while he was watching and fapped to it afterwards.

You're right about learning to overlook fanservice, though. Nowadays, I don't really care when I'm actually watching.
Old 2008-05-05, 18:49   Link #635
Alleluia_Cone
Prospective Cog

I've not read the whole thread in detail, but in glancing over it, it seems that most of the discussion centers around what many people see as unnecessary fan-service. I agree that this latest episode contains many such instances, and plenty of gratuitous shots of the female cast, but I'm surprised that so many are bothered by it. This is especially puzzling to me when the reason cited against this pandering to the male audience is a question of time, and how much of it is being wasted on this non-plot aspect of the show. My argument is that, really, when it comes down to it, how much time does it really waste?

I don't remember every single instance of fan-service in the episode, and I have no interest in doing a frame-by-frame analysis of the footage to document its every appearance, but from what sticks out in my memory, the only prominent fan-service involved Kallen under the mascot suit and Villetta in the swim suit. Now, I may be mistaken in my estimation, but combined, the screen-time devoted to explicit, sexualized shots of their respective assets, could not have exceed a minute-and-a-half. In fact, it was probably much less time than that, but even taking my number as fact, 90 seconds does not make or break a show.

Lastly, I know many credible points can be made against the fan-service for other reasons outside the question of how much time it occupies, starting with, but not limited to, a whole host of feminist lines of argument regarding how exploitative of woman these moments are and so on. But given the genre Code Geass occupies, isn't this sort of thing to be expected, or rather, isn't it silly to be critical of the show for embodying all those conventions it wishes to occupy? I feel it is the equivalent of criticizing Pulp Fiction for being violent or kitsch.
Alleluia_Cone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 18:53   Link #636
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
My argument is that, really, when it comes down to it, how much time does it really waste?
Not much, especially if you consider that very often people are talking at that time, like Kallen talking to C.C. or in this episode to Lelouch. Just about the only instance here where time was really wasted was with Viletta and the swim-club girls, from what I remember of the episode.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 19:15   Link #637
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleluia_Cone View Post
I've not read the whole thread in detail, but in glancing over it, it seems that most of the discussion centers around what many people see as unnecessary fan-service. I agree that this latest episode contains many such instances, and plenty of gratuitous shots of the female cast, but I'm surprised that so many are bothered by it. This is especially puzzling to me when the reason cited against this pandering to the male audience is a question of time, and how much of it is being wasted on this non-plot aspect of the show. My argument is that, really, when it comes down to it, how much time does it really waste?

I don't remember every single instance of fan-service in the episode, and I have no interest in doing a frame-by-frame analysis of the footage to document its every appearance, but from what sticks out in my memory, the only prominent fan-service involved Kallen under the mascot suit and Villetta in the swim suit. Now, I may be mistaken in my estimation, but combined, the screen-time devoted to explicit, sexualized shots of their respective assets, could not have exceed a minute-and-a-half. In fact, it was probably much less time than that, but even taking my number as fact, 90 seconds does not make or break a show.

Lastly, I know many credible points can be made against the fan-service for other reasons outside the question of how much time it occupies, starting with, but not limited to, a whole host of feminist lines of argument regarding how exploitative of woman these moments are and so on. But given the genre Code Geass occupies, isn't this sort of thing to be expected, or rather, isn't it silly to be critical of the show for embodying all those conventions it wishes to occupy? I feel it is the equivalent of criticizing Pulp Fiction for being violent or kitsch.
The only thing that you needed to say was "Only like 90 seconds of the episode was wasted on fanservice. Quit your bitching."

Also, those "feminists" (I use that term lightly in the case of these people, since feminists fight for women's rights, and they're not fighting for women's rights so much as they are just trying to get rid of things that they find tasteless) are a bunch of damn hypocrites. The human race would be in trouble if men stopped objectifying women and visa versa. They should feel relieved that men appreciate the female form as much as they do.
Old 2008-05-05, 19:22   Link #638
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Not much, especially if you consider that very often people are talking at that time, like Kallen talking to C.C. or in this episode to Lelouch. Just about the only instance here where time was really wasted was with Viletta and the swim-club girls, from what I remember of the episode.
Well, no actually, that helped verify her feelings for Ougi when she recalled him being a teacher... until Lelouch came and wrecked that image. Good job on his part, his recent conversion techniques will really enamor all his new subordinates for years to come
Old 2008-05-05, 19:44   Link #639
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Dude I want a cheese-kun!
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 19:50   Link #640
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

I was confused when a friend of mine told me there's a lot of T&A in this episode. Now I see what he meant.
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote