AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-06, 17:10   Link #261
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
I like the image and text of the second one, and only the image of the first.
Old 2004-09-06, 19:11   Link #262
safaia

Location: In Fruits Basket surronded by all my Fruits Basket pals...Yuki, Tohru, Kyo.....
Send a message via AIM to safaia
Attempt #3:
It's hopefully edited to the fullest extent now.
Old 2004-09-06, 19:24   Link #263
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
I like the image and text of the second one, and only the image of the first.
Hehehe i need to work on the text of the first one! *gets to work*

Quote:
Originally Posted by midorishinobi
Ooh! Gwavie, I love your avatar. Takuto is hawt.
I like the first banner the best.. although the font could be smoother.
Unless that's how it's supposed to be? either way, it's nice. ^o^
Hehehe I love my avatar too! Takuto is mine!! <3 I am not sure why the font comes out so edgy and stuff, but I will test out other fonts! Wooot!

P.S I am not actually getting to work on them now...its 12am here...me needs sleep! ;______;
Old 2004-09-06, 19:55   Link #264
Kens
>>

Here's one by me.
its blak and white cuz its from the manga.

http://img9.exs.cx/img9/8302/banner81.gif
Old 2004-09-07, 02:45   Link #265
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

hm... feels like all my theme are "BLACK" >.< thought i added a few leaves to bring out the girl
anyways ~ 2nd ENTRY!!

Last edited by Oneesama; 2004-09-07 at 03:32. Reason: edit sig
Old 2004-09-07, 03:28   Link #266
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

BTW, BME made two banner entries way back here, but I can't seem to see those pictures. Am I the only one? Can anyone see his entries?

If I can't get visible copies by the time the Nomination thread opens I'm going to have to leave them out of the contest.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-07, 03:57   Link #267
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Mr. Wa, I can't seem to view them either...they are just...not there.
Old 2004-09-07, 14:32   Link #268
Oujirou
イルージョン

The file's not found on the server, so I guess the user should come back to check on them soon
Old 2004-09-07, 15:27   Link #269
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

I couldn't help making this banner

Doh~, and I can't see BME's banners either o_O
Old 2004-09-07, 16:05   Link #270
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

Wai!?

Wai! >.<
Tis the get Backer chibis~! Ginji is so cute ;_;
<3 hehe. I love it, though the D.N.Angel halloween one is still my fav or them all Really good work! Keep it up

Last edited by ChibiDusk; 2004-09-07 at 16:08. Reason: Changed "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii" into "Wai!"
Old 2004-09-07, 16:17   Link #271
LoveOfAnime
~Lost in the Moonlight~

Send a message via MSN to LoveOfAnime Send a message via Yahoo to LoveOfAnime
Here it is.....I had to try........My first banner. Let me know what you think but be gentle as I am still learning Adobe photoshop

Old 2004-09-07, 16:33   Link #272
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiDusk
Wai! >.<
Tis the get Backer chibis~! Ginji is so cute ;_;
lol yup! this is tare Ginji alone with Dr Jackal

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveOfAnime
Here it is.....I had to try........My first banner. Let me know what you think but be gentle as I am still learning Adobe photoshop

First you have to make the edges of your banner blends in with the blue gradient you can see in the top of the page
Then maybe you can use a closest pic of the girl because we can't see her very well Also try to find an autumnish background to put in or add some leaves with the photoshop brush ^__^
Old 2004-09-07, 16:35   Link #273
Oujirou
イルージョン

Quote:

I think it needs to be like the template given... with blended edges ^_^ but I like it all the same, girl could have a better closeup...but it looks like someone beat me too it
Old 2004-09-07, 16:57   Link #274
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:

Three things wrong with this. First of all, you need to use the theme of Autumn. Pretty pictures alone won't do it.

Secondly, you need to blend the edges to the background color or else use the background that I provided in the first post of this thread. This is necessary so that it looks good at the top of the forum. Your banner would look like this:

Note the sharp discontinuity at the right and left of your banner where it fails to match the background.

Finally, you should use capitols only with that font. If you want lower case letters use a smaller font. For an example of how to use this font you should compare it to:

Note the absence of blocks around the letters "nime" and "uki".

As for BME, I am reassured to hear that I am not the only one who can't see his entries. I was curious because I couldn't see them when they were first posted and I still couldn't see them after he edited his post. I figured that he would have noticed if his server was busted

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-09-07, 17:05   Link #275
hobbs
nothing 2 do with calvin!

Send a message via AIM to hobbs Send a message via MSN to hobbs Send a message via Yahoo to hobbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by mantidor
I agree with Oujirou. PriestessKikyo, I cant see autumn here, however is a very nice banner, I like it a lot ^_^

safaia So far you have done great, you fixed the bad cropping of the first one and the right side to make it blend, now you need to fix the quality a bit and the left side, keep up the good work ^^

Ive decided to replace my entry with the newer version, here its is in case NSW is to lazy to scroll back to the previous post

best on here
Old 2004-09-08, 13:31   Link #276
gravitation
Don't use animesuki now..

I edited all my banners a teeny bit, loook! :
NoSanninWa could you make my final entries as these please:

Thankyou!

EDIT
Oh crud, i just realised i forgot to edit out part of the background in the naruto one >____< I will work on it now!
EDIT
Fixed it now and replaced the image above with the new one!

Last edited by gravitation; 2004-09-08 at 14:26.
Old 2004-09-08, 13:56   Link #277
Oujirou
イルージョン

Well I think they all have to be in by tomorrow night if I read it properly, so I don't think you need to rush on it.
Old 2004-09-08, 16:30   Link #278
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Well, folks... I still haven't decided whether I want to enter the Red-leaved banner or the White-leaved one... If I don't make a decision til next night, I guess I'll leave it up to NoSannin to choose one of the two...

Btw, I modified the white one slightly and moved the leaves around slightly to emphasize the shadow. Any last-minute thoughts on which one I should choose?

Last edited by Ambience Blue; 2004-09-08 at 19:06.
Old 2004-09-08, 16:53   Link #279
Oujirou
イルージョン

Still like the white one better, but I think you need to say which one you want to use since only the last 3 (or 2 in this case) will be used. So I'd say unless you specify what one you wanna use both will be, and since both are exactly the same, I'd say pick one over the other. So I vote white in this case.
Old 2004-09-08, 17:12   Link #280
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambience Blue
Well, folks... I still haven't decided whether I want to enter the Red-leaved banner or the White-leaved one... If I don't make a decision til next night, I guess I'll leave it up to NoSannanin to choose one of the two...

Btw, I modified the white one slightly and moved the leaves around slightly to emphasize the shadow. Any last-minute thoughts on which one I should choose?
I agree with Oujirou. Definitely the white leaves. Since you are leaving it up to me, I'll use that one unless you tell me not to. (I just removed the red leafed banner from the Nomination Thread.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
Well I think they all have to be in by tomorrow night if I read it properly, so I don't think you need to rush on it.
Thanks for pointing this out!

All submissions must be in by tomorrow night!!

Members will only have until 06:00:00 Fri Sep 10 2004 in GMT. Check Time Zone Converter for information on what time this is near you. (In USA east coast, this is 2am Friday morning... or really late Thursday night.)

Problem: Hellychan, your first banner isn't showing up properly now. Please make sure that they are hosted and PM me if there is a problem with them. If I can't see them when the thread closes I can't include them in the nominations.

This goes double for BME. I've PMed you on the problem also without getting a reply...

Closed Thread

Tags
banner contest, contest