AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Old 2008-12-12, 15:13   Link #841
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
In chapter 2, when Clare is attacked by a group of Yoma she says that they are incomplete.
Anybody knows what she meant by that?
She probably mean't that none of them were fully grown or something like that.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:36   Link #842
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Quote:
Thank you

That's strange, wouldn't that indicate that Clare knew about how the Organization makes Yoma
I don't think so, she probably had killed a lot of yoma before the series had even started. So she would have known which ones were full grown compared to which were not.
hell88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 16:47   Link #843
zato_1one

Do you mean chapter 2 in vol.1? I couldn't find that sentence though.
Old 2008-12-12, 17:33   Link #844
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Do you mean chapter 2 in vol.1? I couldn't find that sentence though.
I should had done this from the beginning anyway

linky deleted by moderator

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2008-12-15 at 23:56. Reason: licensed
MisterJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-12, 17:38   Link #845
zato_1one

VIZ translated that

"DIE... HALFBREED!"
Old 2008-12-12, 17:44   Link #846
MisterJB
Warden of the West

well, in the language of my hometown she also say that they are incomplete so I think that that is the true translation.

Wait, you mean that in the ballon where Clare says incomplete, VIZ translated as halfbreed?
Old 2008-12-12, 17:48   Link #847
zato_1one

Yes. Yoma said that in VIZ version.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:05   Link #848
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Yup, double checked the raw; it is the yoma saying it.

The kanji used is 半端 【はんぱ】 <read HANPA> remnant; fragment; incomplete set; fraction; odd sum; incompleteness; (P)

So they don't really say half breed, but more of a derogatory word to indicate they are real youma and she is not.
Old 2008-12-12, 18:50   Link #849
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibamonster View Post
Yup, double checked the raw; it is the yoma saying it.

The kanji used is 半端 【はんぱ】 <read HANPA> remnant; fragment; incomplete set; fraction; odd sum; incompleteness; (P)

So they don't really say half breed, but more of a derogatory word to indicate they are real youma and she is not.
I see, thank you
Old 2008-12-13, 00:02   Link #850
the.green.type

So what does it look like??

I picked up on the manga right in the middle of the 24 Claymores' fight with Rigaldo (I just saw how the anime covered the events from the beginning to that point), so I'm not sure if any chapters has covered this but: just how disfigured is a Claymore's body after the Yoma blood insert?? Is it shown anywhere? Does the manga or any other reliable source discuss the topic amply (not just hinted) anywhere? I'm kinda curious after a forum member cleverly mentioned that Claymores' body scars (or whatever) must be from the breasts down since Miata breast feeds (or whatever) from Clarice.
Another question: are there any instances where Teresa releases more than 10% of her Yoki? To my knowledge the most Yoki she has released was when she fought Pricilla.
the.green.type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 00:23   Link #851
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.green.type View Post
I picked up on the manga right in the middle of the 24 Claymores' fight with Rigaldo (I just saw how the anime covered the events from the beginning to that point), so I'm not sure if any chapters has covered this but: just how disfigured is a Claymore's body after the Yoma blood insert?? Is it shown anywhere? Does the manga or any other reliable source discuss the topic amply (not just hinted) anywhere? I'm kinda curious after a forum member cleverly mentioned that Claymores' body scars (or whatever) must be from the breasts down since Miata breast feeds (or whatever) from Clarice.
Another question: are there any instances where Teresa releases more than 10% of her Yoki? To my knowledge the most Yoki she has released was when she fought Pricilla.
The scar has never been seen, but Walter and I especulated that the scar starts at the middle of their necks (you never see the neck of a claymore in the whole manga from the front (not even the ghosts) and probably continues all the way down to their navel, it should look like a huge ugly cut, from an operation in which they are cut wide open and inserted youma organs. Breasts should not be affected by it.

Teresa also released youki against Rosemary
KillerYomaFromSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 01:56   Link #852
the.green.type

Hm, don't you think the mark of the Yoma procedure would be more grotesque? I mean, those guys who saw Teresa's body (the most indicative reaction to a Claymore's body) seemed pretty disgusted by it. I don't know: I think of some rough, bumpy (or bubbly), purplish surface through their belly and navel. Maybe something that would resemble a Yoma's belly...
In any case I'm kinda worried that the scar will never be shown since I don't see how Yagi would make the mark relevant at these heights: it seems unimportant for the progress of the story by now. I don't know what grand revelation could come from knowing more about the mark. Other than responding to fans' morbid curiosity, I can't see how he would tie it in.
the.green.type is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 03:40   Link #853
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Well if one of the more grotesque theories about the head being used was true, then it would kinda have to be revealed since Clare doesn't have a yoma inside her. There was also a very long argument about the nature of the unbreakable swords which turned out to be a plot point so i wouldn't worry too much. The nature of the suppressant pills still hasn't been revealed either yet, it's all on a big list i'm sure chiba has.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 05:08   Link #854
KillerYomaFromSpace

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.green.type View Post
Hm, don't you think the mark of the Yoma procedure would be more grotesque?
What makes you think that a line from the middle of the neck to the navel can't look grotesque?, I never talked about things like the texture or the color, I my say is even possible that the wound is not completely closed and is constantly emiting liquids and the black cloth part (that is unnecesarily long inside the suit) is there to prevent the white suit from getting stained by those liquids. also, the shape of the wound acording to this theory would also fit right with the neck cloth's length and shape.

the truth is that we've checked all 86 chapters and not in a single picture the neck of an unawakened claymore has been shown no matter her outfit, even the trainees who doesnt have a symbol or armor, has the neck cloth part, while most humans/awakened beings etc show their necks all the time. you can check it yourself.
KillerYomaFromSpace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-13, 05:23   Link #855
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

@Sleepy Speculator: Actually the list is getting shorter and shorter with each chapter! Of course we have the DoD group who was just introduced and we have next to no information about them. By "just introduced" I mean they were introduced more than 7 months ago (whoah). But at the moment we have every pre-time skip character accounted for! Isley was the last of the big hitters. We haven't seen Alicia/Beth again now that I think about it, so I guess we have them to wait for. But many of the lose ends are being tied up! Claymore's consistency is a major turn on for me.

But still on the list we have: Youki pills, Miata's situation/mother, is Clarice a failure?, youma production procedures, claymore's scars, of course who the Demon is, all that dragon kin jazz, ... well there is a bit left, but a lot of our speculation from a year ago has been answered.

So what we know about the scar is:
-It produces the smell of blood. Rubel told Clare it would never wash off.
-It looks like it hurts. That was Clare's first reaction to Teresa's deformed chest.
-Partially awakened ones taste/smell different than normal Claymores according to Ophelia. Ophelia tasted blood from the scar it seems.
-The neck piece covers the scar as Teresa pulls hers out to show her torso and Ophelia reaches underneath it.
-It doesn't look real.
-It terrifies well meaning religious characters and confuses them to the point that they say, "I don't know your anatomy"
-It's enough to make bandit rapists cough up their breakfast after checking out a hottie like Teresa.

We have speculations on other bits to be sure, about Claymores anatomy (they can stand with a gaping hole where their spine should be indicating they are not reliant on their skeletal structure) their metabolism, etc, but most of those are unconfirmed although some are very convincing.
Old 2008-12-13, 17:27   Link #856
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

@Chibamonster: wooh i'm important enough to get Bold text? thanks, ever considered putting that list down somewhere?

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Sleepy Speculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-16, 18:26   Link #857
clarakiss~
the toeto nomster~!!

Quote:
Have you guys noticed that in the anime, when Rigardo chopps off Undine's arms, you can see purple blood on the circle of the rigth arm?
Big error eh?
maybe a yoma pretending to be undine? lol jk
clarakiss~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 00:20   Link #858
nine_tailed_kyuubi

untill now i have no idea why the anime stopped and went out of the story ? can anyone help me with that ?
nine_tailed_kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 00:54   Link #859
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_tailed_kyuubi View Post
untill now i have no idea why the anime stopped and went out of the story ? can anyone help me with that ?
The weekly anime would have covered about 62 chapters in it's 26 episode run (6 months). At the point the anime finished, the monthly manga was about 73-74 in (i.e. took more than 6 years to get that far). In another words there was only enough chapters for 4-6 more episodes and no way to wrap up the story. Waiting for the manga to produce enough chapters would require at least a 3-4 year wait to get enough material.

Even if there was a wait, do you think the anime audience would tolerate a Berserk like ending with Pricilla, Raki and Isley on a cliff, counting 'lights' (remaining living Claymores in Pieta) down to zero - then roll credits - followed by the message: "Next episode Winter 2013 -- otanoshimini !" Personally, I'd laugh my butt off if Madhouse tried such a stunt
Cyclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-17, 01:33   Link #860
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
The weekly anime would have covered about 62 chapters in it's 26 episode run (6 months). At the point the anime finished, the monthly manga was about 73-74 in (i.e. took more than 6 years to get that far). In another words there was only enough chapters for 4-6 more episodes and no way to wrap up the story. Waiting for the manga to produce enough chapters would require at least a 3-4 year wait to get enough material.

Even if there was a wait, do you think the anime audience would tolerate a Berserk like ending with Pricilla, Raki and Isley on a cliff, counting 'lights' (remaining living Claymores in Pieta) down to zero - then roll credits - followed by the message: "Next episode Winter 2013 -- otanoshimini !" Personally, I'd laugh my butt off if Madhouse tried such a stunt
I think an ending like that would have been better for Claymore, everyone would have run to the manga.

Tags
claymore, q & a