AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-06-11, 00:44   Link #1941
Kirarakim

She just might of finally had that growth spurt. Well so did Ed.

Spoiler:
. But I am sure drinking milk helped too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
For example everything about father (where did he come from, how did he gain all his knowledge of alchemy, why did he wanted to gain more), or about truth.

Actually if this was not outright answered than it was heavily hinted that

Spoiler:

So your questions are basically answered. At the same time maybe some details are left out but I don't see why every little thing has to be explained. That would be quite boring actually.
Old 2010-06-11, 02:09   Link #1942
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think the details have to be explained and its boring to see what happens two yearrs later.

But father not wanting to go back to the gate doesn't necessarily hint that he came from there. He once passed through it and maybe just doesn't want to go there again.
But even if it is indeed his origin, it still doesn't explain how he got out of there.

I think for the main villain, his past and motives are (well, now I should write 'were') a bit shallow.
How did he get out? Hohenheim's old alchemist master pulled him out, supposedly using his blood as part of the process... really need more explaination as that...

As for motives... i think he said that quite clearly this past chapter... he wanted to become perfect, and obtain perfect understanding and all that...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 02:43   Link #1943
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

When Mei is introduced she is 10-12. All females look younger than they are. Winry and Riza look at most 4 years apart, when Riza is actually around 15 years older.

In the finale, Al and Ed leave 2 years after the fight with father to study the world. Mei should be about 14-15 once Al gets to Xing... 2-3 years after his fight with father. He probably spends some months or year studying there. Travels with Mei when she's 16-18.

The picture in the final page is anywhere from 3-5 years after the fight with father. We don't know how long they spend exploring. Ed has a baby that's at least 1 year old and a newborn. Mei is probably 16-20s in the picture and Al is probably in his early 20s.

Grumman is just a figurehead Fuhrer. Mustang and Armstrong are rebuilding the country. Grumman is there to mediate between them both and to keep an eye on central. Even though both Roy and Olivier seem overly ambitious both kind of hint of wanting democracy down the line. I think Louise mentions how she wanted to donate the Armstrong family home as a palace for a future leader. Mustang wants to end Amestris' warring ways. In the end both probably want a civilian run government since the military dictatorship is kind of passe.

One of the reasons both may have turned down the title of Fuhrer could be what it represents. They may intend to do away with the position and thus chose Grumman to carry the burden since he is of the old generation and is living out his golden years.

There will probably be an OVA or a short series of graphic novels explaining what happens way down the line.

Alex Armstrong for president.

Ed was blinded to Alchemy. Can he still use Alkhestry both from Xing and Ishval? Is there a loophole? Only alchemy without a cirlcle? OAV with Ed sporting Ishvalan tattoos?

Anyhow, Truth is kind of playing the role of a Green Knight. The double talking entity that likes to test people. You answer wrong, he takes his toll. You answer right, he lets you go without punishment and gives you a nice reward. Read Sir Gawain and the Green Knight. Ed gave Truth something it wanted. He understood it and through his selfless sacrifice and intelligence solved the riddle of Alchemy. Doesn't this make him the most worthy to use Alchemy?

Last edited by mechalord; 2010-06-11 at 02:57.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 05:08   Link #1944
ProlificSky

IMO, Ed simply doesn't need alchemy anymore. He's basically been using alchemy all his life and has seen all the horrors alchemy can produce, from committing taboo to witnessing the end of all life. He's finally found his journey's end and alchemy really has no place in it.
ProlificSky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 06:53   Link #1945
kujoe
from head to heel

Ed was a prodigy of alchemy. Simply put, a genius.

At such a young age, his knowledge and profound insight of alchemy and of matter itself is great such that he is able to bind Al's soul to a suit of armour, even daring to attempt resurrecting his mother. Al is no slouch himself and can probably match his brother from time to time, but Ed has simply demonstrated an uncanny level in this field from a very early age.

Spoiler for Ed at the end:
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 07:46   Link #1946
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler for Eh:
Old 2010-06-11, 08:07   Link #1947
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2010-06-11, 08:40   Link #1948
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Spoiler for ending:
As much as I like the first series and ends with a bitter touch .. no that ending was bull from my perspective. It's my main qualm with the first series. It doesn't fit the established story.

I'm very satisfied with this ending because it falls in line with everything the series was about. It stuck to it's themes, instead of throwing them out just for the hell of it. But
Spoiler for 108:

Well, your mileage my vary, but I loved this end and the message and feeling it delivered. Just my opinion
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 09:12   Link #1949
Kirarakim

I am sorry but the ending of this series was not happily ever after either. Maybe people who think that should re-read it

Spoiler:

In fact minus the ridiculous other world ending and not caring about Winry the manga actually has some similarities with the end of the first series. In that even after the final battle the characters still have to work to better their world. Oh no the manga didn't need to tell us things are not "perfect" like the first anime did.
Old 2010-06-11, 09:56   Link #1950
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Actually, the "not caring about Winry" bit has always been my biggest pet peeve with the first series. I still love it for what it was, but that has never gone down all that well with me. Also, I wholeheartedly agree that the ending of the manga wasn't all that overly sappy. It was quite in touch with the story overall - even the lack of "closure" to Roy and Risa's relationship. Loved every single moment of this, myself.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 10:20   Link #1951
kitten320

Actually it was a bit too happy... yeh they all are working to make things betetr and all but that's a life. You do all that on constant bases, there is no such thing where you can simply lay down and do nothing especially in politics and militarry.

Spoiler for do we still need them?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Also about ages and I am putting this outside a cut because it is not a spoiler. Mei's age was never given in the series. I am not sure why people assume she was a small child just because of her looks. Mei acts much older than a child. There is no way a young child would have been able to do all that Mei accomplished in the series. Most likely she is just very small for her age just like her panda Xiao Mei is extremely small for a panda.
You were not watching enough TV, some kids at age 5 are more clever than those at age 30... one of the basic rules when kids are included.

And that rule is very common in all anime, almost none character looks and acts at the age they are presented. Take same GTO which I like so much, I would never give them 14 in any form. Or same Yoko from Gurren Lagan.

So chances of Mei being around 10 are not that small.

Though I don't see huge problem with that considering that in pic she has to be at least 16 by now... My uncle and aunt had 10 years difference and my mother's friend has about 20 years difference with her husband yet they have two kids...
Old 2010-06-11, 10:27   Link #1952
Kirarakim

I guess you missed the part where

Spoiler:

And so what that they all get what they wanted. That doesn't mean now life is easy for them. And actually they didn't all get what they wanted

Spoiler:

Quote:
So chances of Mei being around 10 are not that small.
I think they are very small because we see how young children act in this series. We had Nina and Elicia for that. Mei is an expert alchemist and she traveled on her own to another country. She was obviously a bit older than her appearance indicated. I would say she is no younger than 12. Either way though we were never given her age so I will think what I want and you can think what you want.
Old 2010-06-11, 10:33   Link #1953
kitten320

And? Now he will enjoy a peaceful life. It's not like he needs it now and he isn't too depressed about it either. I don't really see huge drama here. I would say Ed ending up in different universe was far more dramatic in the 1st season anime.

I did mention those parts:
Spoiler for 108:

As I said ending is not bad, it does has "not perfect" parts, but still looks happy... a bit too much... its not like I'm bashing it.
Old 2010-06-11, 10:39   Link #1954
oompa loompa

Bah it was a little sappy. I don't mind though, to be honest I would've had it no other way. A grand epic has finally come to an end, something thats taken.. what, like 9 years? I'm glad that Arakawa went for a happy ending, tying up the loose knots etc. etc. and having everyone live happily ever after.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 10:59   Link #1955
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
And? Now he will enjoy a peaceful life. It's not like he needs it now and he isn't too depressed about it either.
Spoiler:

Quote:
I don't really see huge drama here. I would say Ed ending up in different universe was far more dramatic in the 1st season anime.
More dramatic yes but it was also nonsensical and stupid.

Quote:
Spoiler:
Perhaps but the future for Roy is still uncertain

Quote:
Still problem was sold very easily.
Well maybe if you ignore how hard these characters worked throughout the series.

Quote:
As I said ending is not bad, it does has "not perfect" parts, but still looks happy... a bit too much... its not like I'm bashing it.
I am not saying the ending is necessarily perfect either but I don't see why an ending is good or bad because of its overall tone.
Old 2010-06-11, 11:43   Link #1956
kitten320

Quote:
I think they are very small because we see how young children act in this series. We had Nina and Elicia for that. Mei is an expert alchemist and she traveled on her own to another country. She was obviously a bit older than her appearance indicated. I would say she is no younger than 12. Either way though we were never given her age so I will think what I want and you can think what you want.
-points at TV- like if there are not normal kids too.

Actually forget TV, take real life. There are kids at age 10 who are smarter than those in their 30s. Exceptions of rules.

Mei might be one of them. Besides it looked like her life was hard, children mature really quickly in such circumstances.
Old 2010-06-11, 12:05   Link #1957
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Spoiler:
Huh?
Spoiler for well better use than spoil I guess?:
Old 2010-06-11, 12:22   Link #1958
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Huh?
Spoiler for well better use than spoil I guess?:
Spoiler:

edit: Cutting out the part about Mei's age because I realized I am probably just going to go in circles and it doesn't really matter how old people think she is.

Last edited by Kirarakim; 2010-06-11 at 12:38.
Kirarakim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-11, 13:03   Link #1959
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Ohh no! Never said he hated it!

Spoiler for dun dun duuun:
Old 2010-06-11, 13:23   Link #1960
KnightOfTwo

I personally loved the ending (though I wish it could have been fleshed out a bit more but that might have gone on too long then). While it is a happy ending, I am glad that it's more of a "there is hope for the future" happy ending than just a "Yay everyone falls in love and gets what they want" end.

Spoiler for :
KnightOfTwo is offline   Reply With Quote