Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-11, 03:57   Link #861
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfens View Post
Here state side a case of pistol cartridges is 1000 rounds. Long guns like a assault rifle or shotgun depending on caliber is about 250-500 rounds per case.

With ammo prices being the highest ever today, plus 2 wars going on over seas eating up all production, people hording, and demand/production at it's max you have to buy in bulk because tomorrow or months down the road their is non to be had on the shelf to buy. And the price seems to be going up every other day/month.

I usually keep so much on hand for you never know, plus the fact I don't want to have to spend time and a small fortune to replenish it. The rest I use at the range to practice and plink. But I never dip into my SHTF reserve.

Right now if I had to use every round I had, that would mean I could take out several thousands of zombies.

Never ever seen it this bad when you go into a gun store and they limit how many boxes you can buy like 4-6 no matter the round count in them when you tell them you'll buy it all and have the cash to do so. And forget buying a case in store they flat out refuse on the more popular calibers.

.44 magnum that's a expensive caliber and not too many people buy guns that use it.

I stock up on 9mm, 45 acp, 00 buck shot and slugs, and 5.56 or .223

The shotgun works because it's easier to blow the whole head apart, in one shot making it easier to destroy the brain. If you miss the head at least you can knock them on the arse for a second to buy some time. In most movies etc, you see a perfect headshot on the move to the brain from a amateur when you know it's a face/head shot but no a direct shot to the brain. Or it skirts along the skull and misses the brain. So some nice 00 buck shot will make up for the lack of skill or aiming in most cases.
lawl.... wait.... the ithaca uses 12 gauge and not 10, right? why go for a .45ACP when you can feel the simple powah of the .38 S&W sevice revolver? btw... did they find some crescent speedloaders or individual bullets for that revolver?
Old 2010-07-11, 04:18   Link #862
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Wish you guys lived near me so I know where to run to incase of a zombie outbreak. DX I feel like a sitting duck where I live. Kinda.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 04:29   Link #863
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm (almost) a doctor so you're all going to need me when shit hits the fan.

Ha!

Too bad I don't have a huge rack, a huge ass and a pretty face cause... you know being a guy and all.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 05:34   Link #864
dfens

Zeker the ithica is a 12 gauge, but they don't really make them that much anymore it died off in the late 60's when remington came and took control of the market with their 870 model.

As for the 45 acp I hope your joking. I mostly own 9mm's but have one 45 acp, that's why I have that caliber on hand.

Our hero's they only had one S&W model 37 air weight. They took it off a dead cop, the other one they found was griped too tightly to remove it from the body so they popped the cylinder and took the ammo. Very smart on Rei's part.

For a total of only 10 rounds. Takashi used about 5 rounds, and Asami used the remaining 5 when they gave it to her.

Still you think the cops would have had 2 spare speed loaders for a total of 15 rounds each. But being Japan and all not too many instances where you need a gun and extra ammo for it. Unlike here in the USA where guns are readily available and you never no how big a shoot out can get.
dfens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 09:48   Link #865
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Erm barrel length is not an issue for reloading. It is an issue for bringing to bear at close quarters. When it comes to CQBs, it is about enemies between 25m to point blank range. Logic states that you get some distance between those assholes so you can aim and shoot, and point blank ranges are rare unless you don't check corners and ceilings before you enter a room.
Dude. Crossbow. Clip size = 1. One shot before reload. You get off one shot, hopefully killing one zombie, then get swarmed by the other 999 zombies while trying to reload. If they are 25m away, you might get five shots off, given that zombies typically move slow. Not nearly the number of shots you will have time for with any small arms. That's really all there is to it. Also, I have no clue why you're suddenly talking about barrel length when quoting me? Lol.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 09:58   Link #866
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Dude. Crossbow. Clip size = 1. One shot before reload. You get off one shot, hopefully killing one zombie, then get swarmed by the other 999 zombies while trying to reload. If they are 25m away, you might get five shots off, given that zombies typically move slow. Not nearly the number of shots you will have time for with any small arms. That's really all there is to it. Also, I have no clue why you're suddenly talking about barrel length when quoting me? Lol.
There are actually auto-loader crossbows. Of course being semi-auto of sorts the pullback on the elastic mechanism isn't as tight as manually pulling it back but it works.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 09:59   Link #867
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

You guys are lucky to get some weapons In my country weapons are forbidden , so that why i'll use only melee weapon . I have 1 katana (not a real which cut everything) , some long knife , a spear , an iron rod , ball , some pans well everything that you can use in a house ^^ (can i use my TV too ? )
Hmm , not only melee weapon , as hunter have the right to use rifle , my father got 2 rifles
I can also check my friends who work in Army ^^
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 10:04   Link #868
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
There are actually auto-loader crossbows. Of course being semi-auto of sorts the pullback on the elastic mechanism isn't as tight as manually pulling it back but it works.
Didn't know about that. But the Wildcat C5 (the one in the manga) doesn't seem to be this kind of model, from looking at the specs and pictures of it.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 10:07   Link #869
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I have a cleaver.. and a hammer .. in my house

I'm pretty much screwed, eh?

>_<
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 10:29   Link #870
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
I have a cleaver.. and a hammer .. in my house

I'm pretty much screwed, eh?

>_<
lol I think that goes for alot of house holds, it's about all I got here.

I'd have to go raid my nearest hardware store for a nail gun for something with a little more kick.

I'll say it again but I think a lightsaber would be best for zombie slaying
Old 2010-07-11, 10:42   Link #871
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

pretty much screwed are we ?

I forgot the electric drill i'll drill Zombie's head even though it'll take 10 min to kill him
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 11:06   Link #872
Jarmel

Actually in a zombie attack, a melee weapon would be more useful than a gun would. No sound is a beautiful thing.
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 15:35   Link #873
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
Actually in a zombie attack, a melee weapon would be more useful than a gun would. No sound is a beautiful thing.
Yeah, in a HOTD scenario, where zombies react to sound, a melee weapon would be better.
Old 2010-07-11, 15:47   Link #874
kujoe
from head to heel

Well, that depends on the situation.

There's still the risk of getting bitten when using a melee weapon, and all it takes is one bite.

The best solution? Ninjas.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 16:52   Link #875
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm (almost) a doctor so you're all going to need me when shit hits the fan.

Ha!

Too bad I don't have a huge rack, a huge ass and a pretty face cause... you know being a guy and all.
Too bad you live all the way on the other side of the world. DX

^ Ninjas gonna have their work cut out for them.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-07-11, 18:10   Link #876
Lummie

Say guys, is this fanart or an official artwork?

Spoiler:
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 18:45   Link #877
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Say guys, is this fanart or an official artwork?

Spoiler:
Quick search reveals it is done by the artist of the manga but whether it's actually offical or something he felt like drawing up in his spare time who knows.
Old 2010-07-11, 18:57   Link #878
Lummie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Quick search reveals it is done by the artist of the manga but whether it's actually offical or something he felt like drawing up in his spare time who knows.
Ah thanks, I was wondering about it because It didn't seem like fanart. I couldn't find it on pixiv or elsewhere
Lummie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 19:48   Link #879
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
You guys are lucky to get some weapons In my country weapons are forbidden , so that why i'll use only melee weapon . I have 1 katana (not a real which cut everything) , some long knife , a spear , an iron rod , ball , some pans well everything that you can use in a house ^^ (can i use my TV too ? )
Hmm , not only melee weapon , as hunter have the right to use rifle , my father got 2 rifles
I can also check my friends who work in Army ^^

Other things that are legal in the U.S.:

"7 Items You Won't Believe Are Actually Legal":

http://www.cracked.com/article_17016...lly-legal.html

and here's another bit of on-topic Cracked goodness:

5 Scientific Reasons a Zombie Apocalypse Could Actually Happen:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15643...ly-happen.html

In which case the explosives, guns etc. from the first list might come in handy.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-11, 20:37   Link #880
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Sorry for being off-topic but that "5 reasons for zombies happening" is scaring this shit out of me.

Credit @ fallschirmjager

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies