AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 33 52.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 28.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 15.87%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 3.17%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-04, 09:55   Link #81
Used Can

I think that looking at her different behaviour as a different or fake persona is a wrong approach to Tsukasa. What she does is to show different sides of herself depending on the circumstances. Notice that, even after Junichi found another side to Tsukasa, she could still show him her nice side, even when they were speaking alone.

She's basically choosing when and to whom she should show other aspects of herself. So, in my opinion, saying there's a fake Tsukasa or that she's merely putting up an act instead of being herself (whatever "being yourself" may mean anyway) is a huge misunderstanding of her character. Borrowing a quote from another story - and using it in a rather different context - you could say "Tsukasa is one, yet she is many".
Old 2010-12-04, 10:27   Link #82
christinemarie
Crazy One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I think that looking at her different behaviour as a different or fake persona is a wrong approach to Tsukasa. What she does is to show different sides of herself depending on the circumstances. Notice that, even after Junichi found another side to Tsukasa, she could still show him her nice side, even when they were speaking alone.

She's basically choosing when and to whom she should show other aspects of herself. So, in my opinion, saying there's a fake Tsukasa or that she's merely putting up an act instead of being herself (whatever "being yourself" may mean anyway) is a huge misunderstanding of her character. Borrowing a quote from another story - and using it in a rather different context - you could say "Tsukasa is one, yet she is many".
You bag this one right, her personality is similar to mine.
Old 2010-12-04, 10:45   Link #83
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:

Kind of reminds me of Ami-chan doing the many impersonations Taiga wanted her to do. I think I agree with you. Cause personality is formed by being habits that are done over and over again that it becomes an inner part of self. So her many faces are parts of her whole personality. Again the Kare Kano reference that even Yukino dropped her perfect image, she still studies a lot, and still comes early to school, and still kind to her classmates even after she was ignored by the whole class.
Old 2010-12-04, 13:01   Link #84
Shadow5YA

Quote:

There are different types of truths and lies. A person can make a statement that blatantly contradicts the truth. A person could say nothing and hide the truth. A person could make a statement that's only half-true and hide important part.

It's true that Ayatsuji's class rep persona isn't an outright lie. She does care about her work. However, it's only a half-truth, because she does hide that meaner side that she only shows to Junichi.

It's not necessarily a bad thing, because every professional needs to know how to act towards others in different situations and levels of formality. Ami, the model from Toradora is the same way. Call her a ***** all you want, but it doesn't change the fact that she knows she can't show her arrogant queen personality in front of the camera because it would be the death of her career. Ayatsuji is the same way. Just because she's not nice in informal situations doesn't make her formal manners any less considerate. It's just separating a person's professional work life from his/her private life. Ayatsuji is doing well with her work, but she has problems with her private life.
Old 2010-12-04, 22:57   Link #85
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
Very interesting. Outer dere, inner tsun. Possible yanguire tendencies.
Old 2010-12-04, 23:42   Link #86
HandofFate

dang. For some reason I came into this arc expecting to dislike Ayatsuji.

But she's growing on me. I kind of like her different personality shifts, the sudden tone change really gets to me.

She's kind of crazy though...

Old 2010-12-05, 00:51   Link #87
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great Episode I am really finding Tsukasa's personality interesting, and I liked at the end shown with her thinking to herself
Also I realized how much Tsukasa reminds of another character that Nazuka Kaori[her VA] did, namely Shizuku from Kampfer .
MAL
Old 2010-12-05, 03:41   Link #88
chickdigger802

First anime character that I've ever had mix feeling about o0"

Which kinda makes it interesting =P

By far the most interesting arc imo.
Old 2010-12-05, 09:32   Link #89
Bombo
TSF Fans

I love Ayatsuji's personality..
-haruka you been first but now you second after ayatsuji chaaan
Old 2010-12-06, 12:40   Link #90
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

I think the reason why Ayatsuji is a little distant to her sister is because she's like dealing with another Haruka. Same air-headedness and love of dogs. Maybe the sister of Ayatsuji is the long lost sister of Haruka. Lol.
Old 2010-12-06, 14:51   Link #91
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
I think the reason why Ayatsuji is a little distant to her sister is because she's like dealing with another Haruka. Same air-headedness and love of dogs. Maybe the sister of Ayatsuji is the long lost sister of Haruka. Lol.
I think they are just siblings who don't get along very well.
Old 2010-12-06, 16:34   Link #92
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I think they are step siblings, or somehow not actually sisters
Old 2010-12-06, 17:00   Link #93
Used Can

I think they should have hot lesbian sex.
Old 2010-12-06, 18:25   Link #94
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroryoko1974 View Post
I think they are step siblings, or somehow not actually sisters
They look alike so much. I think they are at least step siblings.

Quote:
I'm sure you can find some doujins somewhere, lol.
Old 2010-12-06, 21:09   Link #95
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
^ This
I'm willing to help out, too, and show them the finer points of Yuri
Old 2010-12-07, 03:41   Link #96
Gault
inc_mplete

Tsukasa > her older sister imo , I dont really like the too fun and ditzy types ,
Old 2010-12-07, 14:06   Link #97
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

First two eps of Tsukasa's arc were better than I thought they'd be. Hopefully the rest of the arc stays decent. Though I won't hold my breath on that.
Closed Thread