AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 10 17.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 7 12.07%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 44.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 18.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.90%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-11-13, 03:01   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Agree that Rebecca's character was really likable and entertaining. Just blowing up stuff and setting off sprinkler systems . But really a fun person and like how she was willing to just walk out of there to go and help Carmel. Took some reminding about what her feelings were about this situation, but for Flame Hazes I think it can be easy to lose touch with those regular human feelings. Should be good to have her along on this rescue mission.

Got to see Merihim's last few moments. Even though he went through a lot, at least he wasn't alone at the end there.
Old 2011-11-13, 06:06   Link #42
SiegfriedCalibur
Tsundere Lover

It seems...this needs some critisism. So I am going to try and provide it.

1) Tokyo Outlaw HQ.
Doesn't appear like this to me. From the looks of it, It was abandoned long time ago, then SUDDENLY (war preparations) got reopened. Also, there are NOBODY inside. Except Frieder and Brigid. Emty corridors, empty rooms...where are people, gathering information? Where are other Outlaw workers? No one. So no, I don't believe this. Especially after Wilhelmina got those reports from this branch.
2) Satou.
Huh? What? Coming to HQ and getting a treatment like that? Are they out of their mind? They are obviously short on people after Shanghai's fall, so...this? Bullshit.
I'm not buying this *hostage thing*, since It was stated by Frieder specifically AFTER Satou was released from his room prison. Also, one small fact - he was held there for an entire WEEK. And...well...NOTHING HAPPENED. Neither Wilhelmina came, nor we discovered something new. So...what the hell was that? A test? What kind of a sick joke is this?
3) Rebecca.
Sorry for eradicating the chain of delightful coments about Rebecca, but I didn't like her that much. She is irresponsible, hot-headed and doesn't aware of the consequences. If not for Wilhelmina in the desert, the Rinne would kill her. She blows HQ like that and casually walks out. LOL, what? That behaviour reminded be of a small crazy school girl. What does she think this is? I understand, she wants to help Carmen, but the war is coming. It's not time for things like that. They can't afford to lose more people.
And yes, It pisses me off, how she refers to Satou and kicks him all the time.
4) Comments about love triangle of Hecate x Yuuji x Shana.
FACEPALM.JPG

Overall, the episode was good. I like the part with Merihim and Shana. Her rethinking of what is love and true Yuuji's intentions were made quite well.
Old 2011-11-13, 09:36   Link #43
taichi-kun

nice ep! I loved rebecca! I want a signature of her now

Also what do you think about shana-Merihim's love?
Old 2011-11-13, 09:53   Link #44
ookamigirl

Rebecca... interesting character.
Flashbacks were nice too.
A lot of strategizing in this episode as well.
Wonder when Shana will finally get out of there.

My Blog --> ookami
Old 2011-11-13, 10:09   Link #45
klare

Rebecca looks interesting, but yeah i dont want a person like that to work for me

Satou needs to be stronger, at least be able to break a door...

Hecate suddenly showed emotions and wanna kill Shana? lets hope it is not a triangle again
Old 2011-11-13, 10:29   Link #46
Kristen
*Author

Not a bad episode at all. It just makes me hope that this war they're talking about doesn't happen like episode 21 or whatever. It needs to hit the fan soon or the suspense building is going to become stale.
Old 2011-11-13, 11:36   Link #47
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiegfriedCalibur View Post
3) Rebecca.
Sorry for eradicating the chain of delightful coments about Rebecca, but I didn't like her that much. She is irresponsible, hot-headed and doesn't aware of the consequences. If not for Wilhelmina in the desert, the Rinne would kill her. She blows HQ like that and casually walks out. LOL, what? That behaviour reminded be of a small crazy school girl. What does she think this is? I understand, she wants to help Carmen, but the war is coming. It's not time for things like that. They can't afford to lose more people.
Yes she is annoying at times, and a loose cannon. But well, when you compare her to the kind of entities that the majority of her peers are....
Old 2011-11-13, 14:36   Link #48
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
It seems...this needs some critisism. So I am going to try and provide it.

1) Tokyo Outlaw HQ.
Doesn't appear like this to me. From the looks of it, It was abandoned long time ago, then SUDDENLY (war preparations) got reopened. Also, there are NOBODY inside. Except Frieder and Brigid. Emty corridors, empty rooms...where are people, gathering information? Where are other Outlaw workers? No one. So no, I don't believe this. Especially after Wilhelmina got those reports from this branch.
We only see the inside of a few rooms, mainly the "cell" and a kind of conference room. No work rooms were shown. Doesn't mean nobody else is in the building, just that they are being cheap about animating red shirts

Quote:
2) Satou.
Huh? What? Coming to HQ and getting a treatment like that? Are they out of their mind? They are obviously short on people after Shanghai's fall, so...this? Bullshit.
I'm not buying this *hostage thing*, since It was stated by Frieder specifically AFTER Satou was released from his room prison. Also, one small fact - he was held there for an entire WEEK. And...well...NOTHING HAPPENED. Neither Wilhelmina came, nor we discovered something new. So...what the hell was that? A test? What kind of a sick joke is this?
He would be pretty useless even if they took proper care of him. They'd have to dedicate human resoruces to training him, which they can ill afford right now. They've been holding on to him in the hopes of using him as a hostage to ensure Wilhelmina's cooperation, the fact that Frieder explains it only afterwards doesn't mean they did not have this idea from the start (although I still not understand why Wilhelmina should care about Satou, whom she had almost no contact with - the only one who'd care would be Margery, who is indisposed right now - hoping for Wilhelmina to show up is quite a long shot here). So overall it looked more like a "he knows too much to be left wandering around outside, but we have no time to deal with him now, let's just stick him in a room and wait and maybe he'll come in handy to draw some of those renegade Flame Haze friends of his here" kind of situation.

Quote:
3) Rebecca.
Flame Haze are loners to begin with though, so her behavior isn't that strange. It may not be rational, but do you need a reason to help your friends?

Quote:
4) Comments about love triangle of Hecate x Yuuji x Shana.
FACEPALM.JPG

Overall, the episode was good. I like the part with Merihim and Shana. Her rethinking of what is love and true Yuuji's intentions were made quite well.
ORLY.PNG

Well, jokes aside, the Yuuji-Shana relationship is set in stone now (and has been since the start of this season at the very least, if not even longer), there's no way in hell Hecate is going to jump in the middle there (much as I'd like her to). They just need to resolve the whole "omg is he or is he not possessed by an evil god and WTF is he planning now by working with my sworn enemies" angle.
Old 2011-11-14, 03:03   Link #49
SiegfriedCalibur
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
We only see the inside of a few rooms, mainly the "cell" and a kind of conference room. No work rooms were shown. Doesn't mean nobody else is in the building, just that they are being cheap about animating red shirts
OK, but the building still looks poor and abandoned. Besides, we haven't seen ANY of computer equipment there...other than medical, but It was destroyed by Rebecca
Yet, there are should be people, walking from room to room, from department to department. They can't be closed in their rooms forever. Jesus, the workers can just walk to get a fresh air! And...no one. It's just empty. I do agree with lazy animation point, though.

Quote:
He would be pretty useless even if they took proper care of him. They'd have to dedicate human resoruces to training him, which they can ill afford right now. They've been holding on to him in the hopes of using him as a hostage to ensure Wilhelmina's cooperation, the fact that Frieder explains it only afterwards doesn't mean they did not have this idea from the start (although I still not understand why Wilhelmina should care about Satou, whom she had almost no contact with - the only one who'd care would be Margery, who is indisposed right now - hoping for Wilhelmina to show up is quite a long shot here). So overall it looked more like a "he knows too much to be left wandering around outside, but we have no time to deal with him now, let's just stick him in a room and wait and maybe he'll come in handy to draw some of those renegade Flame Haze friends of his here" kind of situation.
Honestly, I don't think so. He can be good at observing and gathering information. If they don't have resourses, they could just tell him that. And that is the main point - Wilhelmina won't come. Thus, their hopes were useless. Thus, all of this was meaningless and for no reason. Moreover, with such actions, they almost made him their enemy. Not smart, definitely.

Quote:
Flame Haze are loners to begin with though, so her behavior isn't that strange. It may not be rational, but do you need a reason to help your friends?
I don't have any doubt in her determinations to save her friends. But in times like this is too reckless and already caused much damage. What if enemies would come to Tokyo HQ NOW? Another loss? She is just unreliable, when It comes to planning strategy. Also, Sophie...*sighs* If you approve Rebecca's actions, AT LEAST, send some back up to Frieder...he won't make it alone.

Quote:
ORLY.PNG
QUITE RLY.GIF

Quote:
Well, jokes aside, the Yuuji-Shana relationship is set in stone now (and has been since the start of this season at the very least, if not even longer), there's no way in hell Hecate is going to jump in the middle there (much as I'd like her to). They just need to resolve the whole "omg is he or is he not possessed by an evil god and WTF is he planning now by working with my sworn enemies" angle.
Yeah, that would become as absurd, as It can ever be.
Well, Shana made some calculations in this episode on this point...
Old 2011-11-14, 03:12   Link #50
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Are you sure you're not just expecting too much detail on this one?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-11-14, 03:16   Link #51
SiegfriedCalibur
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Are you sure you're not just expecting too much detail on this one?
Nope
It would be logical and completed, otherwise, It's still fine as It is^
Old 2011-11-14, 03:28   Link #52
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I can't really answer your gripes with detail (although I need to point out that not every studio is Ufotable or SHAFT when it comes to detail), and the only source that can answer your question is still untranslated.

Honestly, I don't tend to focus too much on the detail. It's much easier watching anime that way.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2011-11-14, 03:32   Link #53
SiegfriedCalibur
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
I can't really answer your gripes with detail (although I need to point out that not every studio is Ufotable or SHAFT when it comes to detail), and the only source that can answer your question is still untranslated.

Honestly, I don't tend to focus too much on the detail. It's much easier watching anime that way.
You don't need to. I just feel this way. And of course you pinponted my favourited studios XD I know, since I'm a Shana novel reader. I anxiously wait for new episodes to see.

Maybe, but I like sinking in the story deeper
Old 2011-11-14, 03:42   Link #54
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

No one answered my question....but do we know who voiced Brigid? That was the most moe flower I've ever seen

Quote:
(although I need to point out that not every studio is Ufotable or SHAFT when it comes to detail)
Adding the details for the BluRay versions BECAUSE they are never prepared to meet their deadlines for the TV broadcast is not that impressive imo. But thats my off topic rant on why I think SHAFT is horrible.
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2011-11-14, 03:58   Link #55
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have only seen people from the Horizon thread dwell into just-as-ddep analysis, so I'm quite surprised as well, SiegfriedCalibur.

Anyway, I'll be catching up with Episodes 3-6 now, and I need to work with the synopses soon. @_@ I'll be expecting to hear the voices of the new characters soon. Can't wait.

Old 2011-11-14, 04:51   Link #56
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
No one answered my question....but do we know who voiced Brigid? That was the most moe flower I've ever seen

Adding the details for the BluRay versions BECAUSE they are never prepared to meet their deadlines for the TV broadcast is not that impressive imo. But thats my off topic rant on why I think SHAFT is horrible.
Natsumi Takamori voices Brigid. You can find the info here: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/e...e.php?id=13003
Old 2011-11-14, 09:40   Link #57
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
No, the Yuji-Shana relationship is not set in stone. See http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...36#post3820536

:3

But I see no way he goes for Hecate.
Old 2011-11-14, 10:09   Link #58
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post
No, the Yuji-Shana relationship is not set in stone. See http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...36#post3820536
So that's what he was going to say before he disappeared. Who would've known.
Old 2011-11-14, 12:52   Link #59
SiegfriedCalibur
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen View Post

:3

But I see no way he goes for Hecate.
Oh boy, you write this stuff even here...
Old 2011-11-14, 18:42   Link #60
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Well, I liked it. It was great to introduce flame haze that weren't throwaways, and Rebecca Reed is really something. Also, I kinda had to lol at the flame haze headquarters-- looks more like a business than anything else that you could look it up on google.

And Hecate decides to randomly show up and wants to mess with Shana who is powerless in ways more than one. Uh oh! I could hope for yuri sexy time in which she declares Yuji has failed to satisfy them both, but that won't be the case. I'll give this episode a 7/10

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Closed Thread