AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-29, 15:31   Link #461
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Even a "non serious love triangle" can result into drama. An example that i can think of was Toradora.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 15:58   Link #462
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
And just because a serious love triangle contains drama doesn't automatically conclude that the used drama is in any form and utilisation well-done. All those drama triangle I, at least, have read and watched has been pretty BS and were as fun as banging your head against a wall. Then again, I count to the group of people who don't need any form of drama to be entertained, so I'm very, very biased against it
I'm aware of that. The point was that I don't think one scene that was played for laughs actually suggests it will turn serious. I just assumed it would be typical harem hijinks and nothing more. If there's anything that can go either way, it's that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Even a "non serious love triangle" can result into drama. An example that i can think of was Toradora.
That's probably because there wasn't a love triangle at first and when one formed, it was generally treated seriously

Last edited by Haak; 2012-07-29 at 16:10.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-29, 16:57   Link #463
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I'm aware of that. The point was that I don't think one scene that was played for laughs actually suggests it will turn serious. I just assumed it would be typical harem hijinks and nothing more. If there's anything that can go either way, it's that.

That's probably because there wasn't a love triangle at first and when one formed, it was generally treated serious.
Spoiler for Toradora comparison:

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-29 at 18:17. Reason: Added tags for another comparison
Old 2012-07-29, 18:15   Link #464
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yeah but those hints were serious too.
Old 2012-07-29, 19:41   Link #465
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Spoiler for Toradora:

As for Koichoco anime itself, i am anxiously waiting how the anime will handle connecting all the (sub)stories at one point.
Old 2012-07-29, 23:13   Link #466
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

So does Satsuki want to cut/disband club budgets and use that money for scholarships in her manifesto? Sounds good to me.
Old 2012-07-30, 05:33   Link #467
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
So does Satsuki want to cut/disband club budgets and use that money for scholarships in her manifesto? Sounds good to me.
Actually Satsuki's plan prevents students with less income going to Takafuji, because if i am not mistaken she also wanted to abolish the scholarships.
edit: yeah, that is somewhat her idea of stopping the discrimination problem. By not letting those students enter in the first place.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:36   Link #468
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Has anyone here played the game ?
If yes could someone please post a summary with spoilers tags regarding the different story for each heroine ?
Please pm the summary instead

Last edited by zgmf-x19a; 2012-07-30 at 15:57.
zgmf-x19a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 15:51   Link #469
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgmf-x19a View Post
Has anyone here played the game ?
If yes could someone please post a summary with spoilers tags regarding the different story for each heroine ?
Or have them PM it to you.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-30, 15:56   Link #470
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Yes, spoilers are not allowed on anime threads. There's a Game thread you can go to.
Old 2012-07-30, 15:57   Link #471
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
Or have them PM it to you.
sure PM is fine too
Old 2012-07-31, 12:20   Link #472
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Ok that was RAGE inducing!!!!!!!!!

reminds me of that another girl being bullied to extreme ends and decides to suicide if you dont get her good end arc

and also reminds me of a certain school bullying in sankaku

as for MC running for president
well lets hope he wont take this lightly if he ever gets appoint as president i do hope that he would be smart about it and well let shinonome Do the club disbandment but on a controlled state also DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE FINANCIAL AID bullying

if not id vote for shinonome since im with the GO home club
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 14:50   Link #473
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I think Yuki wants to maintain all the clubs and he will now do something about the bullying of financial aid students
Old 2012-07-31, 15:06   Link #474
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
I think Yuki wants to maintain all the clubs and he will now do something about the bullying of financial aid students
better yet

make shinonome her Vice prez/treasurer
to make sure that all school funds are not WASTED un neededly

and i soo want spoilers on every Route soo who ever played the game pls Spoilers

pme me a wall of text
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 17:33   Link #475
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
and i soo want spoilers on every Route soo who ever played the game pls Spoilers

pme me a wall of text
You don't need to ask for a PM, just go ask in the game thread instead. The people who have played the game can respond there. (That said, speaking for myself, it's been a while since I've played, so I don't remember all the details enough to write that "wall of text"...)
Old 2012-07-31, 21:04   Link #476
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Quote:
lets be honest the food club is lame. All you do is eat snacks. Its almost as useless as the air sumo club. These clubs should be disbanded.
Old 2012-07-31, 21:07   Link #477
Midonin
Last Engage

The snacking does serve a purpose. It serves as the testing ground for Yume's latest confectioneries. For that reason, at least, it should be kept around.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 21:14   Link #478
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
lets be honest the food club is lame. All you do is eat snacks. Its almost as useless as the air sumo club. These clubs should be disbanded.
I rather disagree with you. I always want Yuki to try his best at studying food rather than eating snacks with his friends because he's the protagonist after all. I also wanted him to mentally defeat Satsuki too.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 21:55   Link #479
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Well, I guess the question is: how much is their budget? I am assuming that it can't be all that high, given that their needs aren't all that high either. It also isn't clear how that funding is determined. I think part of the issue is that, under Satsuki's plan, some clubs get their funding cut, but others get disbanded, and she has made the determination of what falls under what category. It would probably be more fair to come up with a new funding formula and some sort of a review process, rather than "I've decided you don't deserve to exist". Being on the Finance Committee, I assume that she's worked all the numbers and has come up with a plan that would appear to reach the goal with the smallest overall impact on an objective level, but the way she's going about it will certainly rub the affected people the wrong way. So it's sort of like: right idea, perhaps, but wrong implementation. It makes her seem arrogant/conceited (like "I know what's best for you") when she should be opening a dialogue. Of course, with the way the power structure works at that school, and the heavy emphasis on the three big players, there's reason to believe that those inconvenienced/upset are too few to make a difference (and that may have been why they chose to close all the small clubs in the first place). Which opens the door for "a populist candidate", Yuuki.

(Incidentally, while she's cutting the funding and eliminating the smaller clubs, how are the bigger groups, like her own, being affected by the cut-backs? That's probably the key line of "attack"; is she being fair, or just favouring the big established groups?)

Edit: To be clear, this has nothing to do with the "nobility" of her reasons for doing it, hence the conflict that Yuuki is feeling right now. He may believe in what she's doing, but still has to fight against it if he wants to win.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2012-07-31 at 23:24.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-31, 22:00   Link #480
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Food club is a waste of resources. I agree with oopai-sama on that point.

If those resources went into financial aid they'd be much more productive. Let kids buy their own snacks. If that actually happened IRL where a few clubs are trying to buy their sports equipment and another club is just buying snacks and "researching" them, people would rage.

Cheers
Arturia

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, eroge, politics, romance, school life, seinen