AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-10, 22:15   Link #21
CasualAnimeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
Alright, i will do that now:

i have just finished episode 8 of clannad definitely gonna finish to the end, Big dango family is stuck in my head
And keep right on going to Clannad - After Story. Love them!

As for Tenchi Muyo, keep an eye out for the TV series and OVA. Slightly different tellings. Both were good.

And can I throw out Macross Frontier out there? Certainly has that romance feel to it. And I just finished the first season of Horizon on the middle of Nowhere. That would seem to qualify as well.
CasualAnimeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 23:33   Link #22
death2931
graphics n design student

Thumbs up My favorites list i can remember so far

First off let me elaborate on the subject idk exactly which is romance or dark or ect so its just some great anime's that i believe yall would like i have watched allot of anime in my time and will continue to watch them.so if you have any suggestions plz dont hessitate to tell me.

1.girls bravo, great

2.corpse princess,really good

3.full metal panic,good

4.bleach.my favorite superb

5.full metal alchemist original and brotherhood,another of my favorites superb

6.inyuyasha,favorites list as well superb

7.murder princess,good

8.Rin: Daughters of mnemosyne,good

9.trinity blood,favorites list superb

10.the sacred blacksmith,good

11.highschool of the dead,favorites list superb

12.soul eater,favorites list superb

13.black butler,favorites list superb

14.vampire bund,good

15.darker than black,favorites list superb

16.samurai7.favorites really great loved it

17.witch blade,good

18.black blood brothers,good

19.queens blade,good

20.naruto.favorites list really good

21.yu yu hakisho,favorites really great

22.the slayers:revolution:next and :try

23.final fantasy advent children,favorites list awsome,loved it

24.final fantasy the spirits within,great

25.phantom,good

26.canaan,good

27.jyu-oh-sei,great

28.gungrave,good

29.gunblade,good

30.basilisk,good

31.ga-rei-zero,good

32.blassreiter,good

33.oshigurui,good

34.kiddygrade,good

35.pumpkin scissors,good

36.blue gender,good

37.noir,good

38.AH! my Goddess,good

39.chobits,very good

40.school rumble,very enjoyable

41.trigun,favorites list good

42.negima!?,good

43.This ugly yet beautiful world,favorites loved it very much

44.vandread,good

45.bird the mighty decode,great

46.burst angel,great

47.excel saga,great loved it

48.code lyoko,decent to watch with kids

49.slayers evolution r.great

50.hetalia:axispowers,great

51.dot hacksign/ or .hacksign/, favorites list loved it it was an epic series

52.gundam/all of them,favorites list loved them all

53.vampire hunter D,favorites list loved it

54.death note ,favorites another epic

55.one piece,great

56.ghost in the shell,good

Just to recap this is just a few of my liked anime,i love anime its awsome and i recomrnd all of the anime i post to everyone who enjoys to watch.If you have some that i haven't posted yet then let me know by posting a reply to one of my posts and ill check them out.and ill let you know what i think.

Also DearS was pretty good so thx
Old 2012-10-10, 23:45   Link #23
Siphine
The Dreamer

Holy crap thats a long list you should try highschool dxd it might go over the top with ecchi sometimes but its still a good series

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews

Last edited by Siphine; 2012-10-12 at 09:07.
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 12:31   Link #24
death2931
graphics n design student

Ok thx for the suggestion Siphine I will definitely check it out.

also srry for the long list I just love anime. I have more but i didn't want to bombard the thread.
If i get to out of hand with long winded posts just tell me to shorten them! I wont post to often because i spend most of my time in college. But ill try and suggest some good ones when i have the time. ;D
Old 2012-10-13, 14:44   Link #25
Kurohane

I recommend El Hazard: The Magneficent World, the OVA series not the television series. The origianl OVA is seven episodes. Basically, It is about a high school boy who encounters a strange girl in the ruins found in his school. She sends him and three others: his teacher, childhood friend and her brother to El Hazard, the world of endless adventure. It was made by the same staff who made Tenchi Muyo.

Also, try Fate Stay Night and Tsukihime anime series. Many people state that both series are bad compared to their visual novel sources. However, I would still give them a shot. I'll list more as soon as I can.
Old 2012-10-15, 19:44   Link #26
Siphine
The Dreamer

Alright thanks for the suggestions, i haven't been watching for a while, went to a place with no internet, XP on episode 10 of Clannad though

Old 2012-10-16, 20:35   Link #27
Siphine
The Dreamer

i couldn't wait to try other suggestions while finishing Clannad XP

Finished Rumbling Hearts, wished he chose the other girl...

Started Tenchi Muyo 1st episode

Idk if it was suggested in this thread or not but I started Vandread and on episode 11, so good that i almost want to watch the whole thing over again even though i haven't even finished it yet XD

Last edited by Siphine; 2012-10-16 at 21:01.
Old 2012-10-18, 16:25   Link #28
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by death2931 View Post

there was another on it was girls somthing or other idr ill have to add to post but if you know it plz refresh my mem by posting the name. well it was about a 16 year old boy who was short and weak always picked on by girls,so he became affraid of them and broke out with a rash when they came into contact with him,somehow he went to another planet where less than 10% of the population was men and met a pink haired girl with 3 dots on her forehead.also the portal to the new planet was his bathtub. plz if you know what i amtalking about plz tell me the name it was a very good series
how do you remember that much of an anime but can't remember the name? XP

Old 2012-10-19, 18:57   Link #29
jesh462

I'm going to second ef- A Tale of Memories / Melodies, as well as Cross Game and Toradora. They're all favorites of mine and I can't imagine anyone not liking them. (Although you see people with every sort of taste on this website)
Chobits is also very good.
Death 2931 also suggested Gungrave. While I would not classify it as a romance anime, it's pretty incredible in my humble opinion.

p.s. If you've put off Cross Game because you don't like sports, or baseball, or because all their ears are huge, forget about that. I hate watching sports, and I loved Cross Game. It's sooo good! xD
The romance is done in such a way that if someone around 12 or less were watching it, they would probably never see it. If it's someone older it becomes apparent the whole show is about romance.
jesh462 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-22, 23:00   Link #30
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I'll be a little selfish here since you're sort of asking for *my* favorite romance anime.

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien: Excellent anime that sidesteps the highschool romance cliché. While the relationships starts in high school, it goes beyond that. It has a general theme of "friendship" which I though is very cool.

Itazura na Kiss: I love this anime for its completeness. Halfof the anime is about how the relationship starts until the couple gets together. Usually this is where most anime stops, but it further explores the romance by following those characters to college then into their professional careers. Despite its few flaws, it is overall probably my most nostalgic romance anime.
So you seem to like the animes where they aren't just based in highschool but continues with their lives outside of highschool.... Thats what i feel like sometimes when i finish an anime based in highschool im like... is that it? so i get where you are coming from.

Old 2012-10-23, 01:06   Link #31
Kurohane

Now that I finished it, I recommend Asura Cryin. It is not romance centered, but there is romance.

Edit: Oh, also check out Library Wars and Valkyria Chronicles.

Last edited by Kurohane; 2012-10-26 at 23:08.
Kurohane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-23, 02:58   Link #32
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siphine View Post
So you seem to like the animes where they aren't just based in highschool but continues with their lives outside of highschool.... Thats what i feel like sometimes when i finish an anime based in highschool im like... is that it? so i get where you are coming from.
I began my anime watching "career" with the usual romcoms too, and I loved them! Granted, I was in highschool or just out of at that time, so I could still relate. Over time though, it seems like 90% of romances are only in high school. I'm probably in my 6th year of anime now. So it's not that high school romances are worse quality-wise or anything, but it's that I've seen a lot of it, so I'm always alert for something new, especially if it takes place after high school.

But yeah, some high school romances (not all) are just about one specific school year. Sure two people may get together at the end of the anime, but they have 2 more years of high school to go and the rest of their life, so who really knows what's going to happen? But the anime usually implies that it's the "one true love" for both characters, which is where I sort of have a problem.

Spoiler for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien:

It's also why CLANNAD (both seasons) is my favorite anime right now. I'm not too keen about who won (Tomoyo is my favorite character), but about how the relationship developped. Season 1 was comedy-filled and serves as a great introduction to all the characters. Then Season 2 was what I've been waiting for, and I really appreciate how much Key tried "finish" the relationship.

Spoiler for CLANNAD:

So all of that comes to my recommendation for this post, which is Nodame Cantabile. The setting is a music college, and the main protagonist already has an ex-girlfriend, so there's none of that "first love, true love" situation. The romance isn't dramatic and serious and it's interspersed with a nice balance of (classical) music and comedy. What I love was that it focused on the main characters' development while having a plot. The "feel good/coming of age" element from slice of life combines very nicely with the romance. This may not be your thing, but if you're looking for having a good time in general, then try the first season.

When I was following Nodame Cantabile, every episode makes me feel happy that day, no matter if my week has been shitty.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:43   Link #33
Siphine
The Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I began my anime watching "career" with the usual romcoms too, and I loved them! Granted, I was in highschool or just out of at that time, so I could still relate. Over time though, it seems like 90% of romances are only in high school. I'm probably in my 6th year of anime now. So it's not that high school romances are worse quality-wise or anything, but it's that I've seen a lot of it, so I'm always alert for something new, especially if it takes place after high school.

But yeah, some high school romances (not all) are just about one specific school year. Sure two people may get together at the end of the anime, but they have 2 more years of high school to go and the rest of their life, so who really knows what's going to happen? But the anime usually implies that it's the "one true love" for both characters, which is where I sort of have a problem.

Spoiler for Kimi ga Nozomu Eien:

It's also why CLANNAD (both seasons) is my favorite anime right now. I'm not too keen about who won (Tomoyo is my favorite character), but about how the relationship developped. Season 1 was comedy-filled and serves as a great introduction to all the characters. Then Season 2 was what I've been waiting for, and I really appreciate how much Key tried "finish" the relationship.

So all of that comes to my recommendation for this post, which is Nodame Cantabile. The setting is a music college, and the main protagonist already has an ex-girlfriend, so there's none of that "first love, true love" situation. The romance isn't dramatic and serious and it's interspersed with a nice balance of (classical) music and comedy. What I love was that it focused on the main characters' development while having a plot. The "feel good/coming of age" element from slice of life combines very nicely with the romance. This may not be your thing, but if you're looking for having a good time in general, then try the first season.

When I was following Nodame Cantabile, every episode makes me feel happy that day, no matter if my week has been shitty.
Spoiler for Response to Kimi ga Nozumu Eien:

Oh yeah thanks for the suggestion my week's been pretty crappy so I'll probably start it soon

I've started Asura Cryin on episode 5
On Valkyria Chronicles episode 3
after i finish these i will start Toradora because i have already watched 3 episodes but that was a while ago so i will restart

Last edited by Siphine; 2012-10-27 at 12:10.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, opinion, romance