AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-01, 09:03   Link #61
bluelotus
TuxRacer :D

ANN lists:
- Haruka: Carry Savage (she's done Rakka in 'Haibane Renmei')
- Mitsuki: Colleen Clinkenbeard (she was the ADR Director for FMA and was the voice of Riza Hawkeye there)
- Akane: Leah Clarke (she's done Noah in FMA)

looks good so far I think...
Old 2006-08-08, 20:38   Link #62
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Send a message via AIM to yellowkaiq
Oh my god, please don't ruin the voicecasting. I hate English dubs, they hardly ever do it right. Al's voice in FMA was HORRID.

If you ruin any anime with dubs, please don't ruin this one.

Youtube.com/timelesstroll - Check me out!
Old 2006-08-09, 23:00   Link #63
Shinpachi

Oh come on Urania, now you're just being elitist. There was nothing wrong with Al's dub, in fact like Ed's I think it was actually better than the original. Yeah you heard me, I think males voicing males is a good thing, you wanna fight about it? Rather than sounding like a little girl, Al sounded like a little boy. And rather than sounding like a pre-pubescent boy, Ed sounded like a mid-pubescent one. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with his original VA, but I don't think she sounds very male, just like the woman who voiced Yuki in Fruits Basket or Kenshin in the Samurai X OVA's. I also think Ed's VA was able to emote much better, but that much is definitely it a matter of opinion.

I mean, I could understand complaining about Roy Mustang's dub, because he was actually a large step in a different direction than the original (though I still wholeheartedly enjoyed his performance), but that's about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there aren't bad dubs or bad VA's, but I think that some people just don't want to accept that sometimes the original voice tracks don't fit very well (Airmaster's Renge anyone?).

In the end, you said you hate english dubs, so why would you care what this one's like? You're just going to watch it subbed with the original audio anyway. Dubs can't and don't ruin anime; crappy wipe effects, music changes, and bad subtitles do (all crappy anime distributions trademarked TokyoPop [with help from 4kids]).

I think Mitsuki should be fine, Colleen Clinkenbeard seems quite versatile, and I liked her as Rachel in Case Closed (there wasn't much to playing Riza). Dunno about Haruka, haven't heard her as anything that'd be a good example, and Akane's VA is a bit of an unknown, which can be good or bad (usually good in my experience), telling us she's done Noah doesn't do us who were unfortunete enough not to be at Anime Expo this year any good, Conqueror of Shamballa won't be in theatres for another two weeks...
Old 2006-08-16, 14:37   Link #64
Kensuke

First volume of Kimi ga No- wait, Rumbling Hearts will be released December 19th, or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeOnDVD
Speedgrapher Vol. #2 has a number of upcoming title dates on the insert. We've learned in the past that these are done early and are subject to change

Rumbling Hearts Vol. 1 (w/ Starter Set) (Eps 1-5) $29.98/$39.98
So episodes are going to be released in three DVDs, 5/5/4, I guess.
Old 2006-08-18, 05:11   Link #65
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

is this game still slated for an october release?

i couldnt find a preorder page on quite a few websites.

EDIT: oh, i see u say december 19.

hmmm thats probably why i couldnt order it since the release is tentative.
Old 2006-08-18, 07:43   Link #66
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit
is this game still slated for an october release?

i couldnt find a preorder page on quite a few websites.

EDIT: oh, i see u say december 19.

hmmm thats probably why i couldnt order it since the release is tentative.
This is not the game, this is for the anime series. There is no plans to commercially release a localized version of KimiNozo/Rumbling Hearts.
Old 2006-08-18, 22:55   Link #67
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

sorry meant to say DVD i was ranting in the game thread earlier. i hope the box art looks good.
Old 2006-08-21, 19:44   Link #68
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Your missing one thing, Shinpachi. Most American viewers WILL watch the English dubs. It doesn't matter what I watch, and it doesn't matter what you watch. It's a sure fact that most Americans who purchase the DVDs will watch it with the English dubs, and it's a sure thing for the release on American TV.

There have been a crapload of good animes ruined by English dubs, like Kenshin and Trigun. And no one freakin cares what you think about dubs/subs. It's a known fact that Japanese dubs/subs > English dubs/subs.

Old 2006-08-22, 08:24   Link #69
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowkaiq
There have been a crapload of good animes ruined by English dubs, like Kenshin and Trigun. And no one freakin cares what you think about dubs/subs. It's a known fact that Japanese dubs/subs > English dubs/subs.
And that would not be a fact, that would be an opinion...but good try anyways. There are several English dubs that surpass the quality of the Japanese original language, but there's no point in getting into that debate once again when it's nothing more than personal opinion.
Old 2006-08-24, 12:29   Link #70
yellowkaiq
~Chrno + Rosette~

Which is why this is a forum. If it's not for discussion, then what's the point of having one in the first place?

I just watched the Akane Maniax OVA's, and it was decent at best. The animation was also a little weirder, but as a lead-on into MuvLuv it wasn't so bad.

The cameos were nice as well.

Closed Thread