AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-09-28, 10:18   Link #6501
Justin_Brett

"You Bureau idiots rely on magic too much. Now if you excuse me, I have to go consult my fortune-teller."
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 10:18   Link #6502
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Assuming most of the Huckebein will be slain over the course of the story, the death penalty would be one way to spare Stella--despite what she is I really don't think the TSAB will be willing to execute a child.
They were willing to blow up a city to kill one before.

Old 2012-09-28, 10:20   Link #6503
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

They wouldn't have dared. Vita would've hurt them for blowing up her house.
Old 2012-09-28, 10:35   Link #6504
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
"You Bureau idiots rely on magic too much. Now if you excuse me, I have to go consult my fortune-teller."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

....why i haven't noticed the utter-irony? Good one Justin, it's true they're a bit hypocrite for having a fortuneteller with them xDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post

I agree with what Kaijo said, the Bureau is always very positive on rehabilitation, in fact the only reason Sette and Tre are still in prision is because the refused to undergo the rehab program the younger numbers followed. A twisted adult have low chances of becoming a normal productive citizen again but a child can still be saved with enough work, care and patience, so yeah it's morelikely they'll be more willing to spare Stella.

Talking about Stella, the fact she behaves like Curren's imouto and also retains her original last name makes me suspicious of her.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 15:47   Link #6505
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Well, after a month of lazyness i finally gathered the mental energy to make my traditional half-baked summary of Chapter 25, so prepare yourselves to enjoy more and more exposition xDU

Let's go...

Spoiler for The Ruwellan Job:

....so yeah, summary is finally here, quite an exposition heavy chapter.On the matter of Cypha and Signum it's pointed out the Gladiator had an impressive performance but it was also implied Cypha was actually holding back during the fight, so yeah, it's still unclear who's the strongest among the two (as if that would matter, Curren can curbstomp both anyway xD). The Gladiator presents also the same problem other AEC-Equipements have which CW had failed to solve even with around three months of free time: short-lived batteries and limited durability.

We've got to meet another core member of the Hucks in the form of Sonica Lilan ("Anti-Shamal" for friends xD) who is credited as a fortuneteller and seems to like to pick on Cypha, is implied Cypha is in contact with some obnoxious guy and that the Huckebein is going to do something big soon (probably related with Curren's oh-so-mentioned family reunion).

We also saw more of Hayate's fame crossing over dimensional seas as also seeing how the Grendels aren't that bad after all (again!? what's the purpouse? ...well, at least they're funnier than the Hucks) and that Carter is much less of an idiot than he was initially portrayed as... This revelation was so out of the blue that i'm now suspecting he's using obfuscating stupidity on purpouse to hide his genious (somehow the guy tampered with quirurgically installed bombs inside his and his comrades's bodies, saving their lives). I'm eager to see more of him on next Chapter, he's far from Curren's league in terms of power and badassitude but he has become an amusing character nontheless.

The higlight of the episode s the fact descicive testimony against Vandin is finally aqcuired which means the TSAB will finally be able to conduct an oficiall and deep investigation on the shadowy company and it's president. We all know Hardis Vandin is Big Bad material. But at least it seems the heroes will finally stop running in circles and the Hucks are about to finally do something of significance.

Not a bad episode but this was just a bridge to calrify details and make bridge to something more interesting which hopefully will happen on the delayed Chapter 26.

That's all for now, see ya Huckfans xD
Thanks for the summary, Aki. You talked about Fate mentioning the incident with Marty and Dego. For all SS6 knows, the Huckbein were responsible for it, right? Hardin first pointed out the location of their next attack, but that was to cover up his own activities. In chapter 20, in the meeting, Cinque said that they have not made anymore noticible attacks since the prediction made by Hardin. Also, I think the boy Sonica mentioned was Thoma, because of the scolding boy comment. Also, I find it strange Signum isn't crediting Hayate for stopping the cradle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
Wut there's death penalty? (probably only for eclipse users only)
Yeah, I think it is reserved for EC-infected. Preventing them from not killing and letting their regeneration go out of control does equal a death penalty.

Quote:

Yeah, they also were going to let another one tire herself out or get killed by raging whirlpools in an earlier case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!! xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!

....why i haven't noticed the utter-irony? Good one Justin, it's true they're a bit hypocrite for having a fortuneteller with them xDU
Why, fortunetellers don't actually use magic to tell the future.
Old 2012-09-28, 16:02   Link #6506
Justin_Brett

Oh, definitely not, I just found it funny.
Old 2012-09-28, 17:36   Link #6507
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Given that Jail is known for the death of at least one TSAB force, leaving only Megane alive only to use her as a test subject, one has to wonder why the death penalty wasn't called on his head as well...

Dunno, sounds like someone went "how can we make this darker? Ooh! I know! Blackmail them with death penalties!"
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 17:39   Link #6508
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I think they might not have offed Jail on account of his love of contingency plans. Sure, he revealed his whole clone-baby timebombs, but there's nothing saying he has another contingency for his possible death.
Old 2012-09-28, 19:26   Link #6509
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Given Jail's cooperativeness in SSX he probably took the bargain.
Old 2012-09-28, 22:29   Link #6510
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Yeah, they also were going to let another one tire herself out or get killed by raging whirlpools in an earlier case.
It's Batman style, don't you know? "I won't kill you... but I won't save you if you die."

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-28, 23:37   Link #6511
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Dunno, sounds like someone went "how can we make this darker? Ooh! I know! Blackmail them with death penalties!"
I'd agree ordinarily, but considering these are just some idiot teenagers Hayate's probably BSing there. Which hey, actually fits with the reputation other people always give her.
Old 2012-09-29, 00:01   Link #6512
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
Why, fortunetellers don't actually use magic to tell the future.
Oracle-computing and tactical forecasting isn't magic.
Old 2012-09-29, 04:21   Link #6513
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
Dunno, being in the possession of anti-magic doesn't mean you're a hypocrite if you use magic yourself.

Heck, you'd be an idiot not to use any convenient magic. The weakness of the bureau is that they rely on magic for everything, even when there are other more conventional methods that are far superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Given Jail's cooperativeness in SSX he probably took the bargain.
Given how the first thing he did was make terms, I doubt that. Someone who has been told "cooperate or face death penalty" really wouldn't have much ground to stand on when talking about terms
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-29, 07:20   Link #6514
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Doesn't quite work that way. A plea bargain is a set deal. Once the conditions are met they can't take it back. If Jail dodged the death penalty for helping with Case A and he does, the deal is done. If he's asked about Case B later on he doesn't have to cooperate.
Old 2012-09-29, 09:39   Link #6515
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Heck, you'd be an idiot not to use any convenient magic. The weakness of the bureau is that they rely on magic for everything, even when there are other more conventional methods that are far superior.
I understand why magic is very inconvenient to use against threats like the Eclipse and The Craddle, and that coudl be better ways to deal with combat cyborgs and AMF technology than just "use stronger magic" but aside of that it has been shown to be indeed a very convenient, safe and effective method for pretty much everything else so i don't see much of those conventional methods being superior aside of the ones available to deal with the aformentioned threats.

It makes some sense the TSAB wants to deal with Jail and AMF by using magic even if it's more difficutl because they have the powerfull mages to afford such mathod and they need to prove a point against Jail's broadcasted offer of superior weaponry. But EC-Drivers can outright nullify magic so yeah, i agree with you on that one, the TSAB is pretty stubborn by insisting so adamantly into making complex and unreliable experimental weapons just to keep justifying their use of magic.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-09-29, 10:26   Link #6516
Justin_Brett

Quote:
Hence the too much there.

And I just find it humorous they have someone who's powers are probably even less grounded in reality than magic in this series. At least mages have an organ for it.

Unless she can tell the future because of the virus, which I guess is possible, but it would be kinda silly.
Old 2012-09-29, 11:44   Link #6517
Kurohane

Yeah, fortunetelling is more of a skill than magic, by using tarot cards, star positioning and other methods. Just because Sonica's an EC-infected doesn't mean her abilities relate to her talent.
Old 2012-09-29, 12:22   Link #6518
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Think we're reading too far into it anyways. It says she's a fortune teller, but not what that entails. Maybe she just likes playing with Tarot cards in her spare time?
Old 2012-09-29, 12:24   Link #6519
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Think we're reading too far into it anyways. It says she's a fortune teller, but not what that entails. Maybe she just likes playing with Tarot cards in her spare time?
Or probably refers to the fact she's just so damn good at getting information and predicting results that it can almost be considered fortunetelling?

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-09-29, 14:19   Link #6520
LostSome

I think Sonia is a strategist.
Unless she is really a fortuneteller and needs the enemy`s divider to see their future.

Shouldn`t have watch Gundam AGE before this... Thoma is sounding like Kio...

Am I understanding this right ? Hayate seems to be thinking that Diego and Marky were not working for Vandis, but for someone else...
No more villains, please !
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga, nanoha force