AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-12-07, 05:34   Link #81
l33t_n00b

So they are going to do a filler arc on the 3 tailes because they skipped that part in the Manga?
I never thought I'd say that but that could be good. Although the crystal element is making me doubt it already. I hate it when they introduce made up stuff in the fillers.

Why, why, why, why are they making it a freaking trend to do a filler after each normal arc? The manga is so much ahead already....
l33t_n00b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 06:04   Link #82
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Why, why, why, why are they making it a freaking trend to do a filler after each normal arc? The manga is so much ahead already....
I'm tempted to say...

So what?

The further away the manga is, the better. Otherwise you're in Bleach's situation, and you need filler arcs sprouting out of nowhere that deals with different timelines and silly stories with a big villain that doesn't even have a bankai. (Sighs, so much for knowing how to use powerups to pace a fight beyond WWE standards. Here I stop the Bleach rant.)

Meaning, if the perfect opportunity presents itself to introduce a filler arc, based on manga, into the story seamlessly, why wouldn't you do it? There's probably worse opportunities out there, and this is a case of a perfectly well timed filler arc for not only the anime viewers to build up some more suspense, but also manga readers that got tired of off-screen Jinchuuriki's fights. (Niibi was one that the anime didn't expand on, for example.)

In this case, they're using cannon material to transform it into a filler version. That's not as bad as other fillers we've experienced. Far from it. In fact, I'd say it's a laudable effort by the animation team to go and extend Kishi's story in such a way that it doesn't detract from the original manga. Kind of like what Frozen Throne was to Warcraft III: Epic.

In anycase, I'd say the further from the manga, the better. It permits episodes to cover 1.5 manga chapters, the pace that we are currently following, and that is essential to my personal enjoyment of the series. The Gaara arc was terrible because some episodes barely covered a chapter.

The pace in part I was slightly faster as I remember it. And naturally, if it could go back to that pace I wouldn't mind. If on top of that, they achieve this with decent, worked-on, researched filler arcs and good animation, I don't know what the hell you're worrying about.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 07:39   Link #83
Kenshin_Uchiha
Kenjutsu God

Yeah, it's just that they introduce elements that are in no way present in the manga, I agree with good entertaining fillers, but conflicts are going to happen if they don't pay attention.
Kenshin_Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 08:11   Link #84
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by l33t_n00b View Post
Because once the next canon arc starts, there will be no more place for fillers. That's really their last chance to throw in a filler arc that fits in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin_Uchiha View Post
Yeah, it's just that they introduce elements that are in no way present in the manga
If this new element is created by combining two basic ones through a bloodline limit, then I don't see any problems with it.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 08:22   Link #85
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
If this new element is created by combining two basic ones through a bloodline limit, then I don't see any problems with it.
Exactly.

Remember the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist? Yeah, those guys. Well, we still only saw two of them (cannon). The third one, we saw as a filler. There's still four other ones that we haven't seen yet after 500+ chapters of Naruto.

What I mean to say is, there's several combinations of elements that we have yet to see, will not see, and filler does exactly that, fills it for the manga. Here's a small recap of the different combinations possible and the ones that we actually know about:

Wind + Water = Hyouton. (Ice)
Wind + Earth = ?
Wind + Fire = ?
Wind + Lightning = ?

Fire + Earth = ?
Fire + Lightning = ?
Fire + Water = ?

Water + Earth = Mokuton. (Wood)
Water + Lightning = ?

Lightning + Earth = ?

So out of 10 combinations possible, we know 2 (3 actually, if you read the manga and databooks). I think there's some space left for filler, and I doubt Kishi is going to fill in all the blanks for us.

Shouton (Crystal) has most likely a spot in there (Lightning/earth?) and it shouldn't take away at all from the storyline.

Last edited by Frenchie; 2008-12-07 at 08:54.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 09:40   Link #86
Xbuster

Uhm... i'm confused .. does the new upcoming arc take place chronologically before or after the second shippuuden movie?

At first i thought it was a new movie, since they usually don't preview arcs like this.. so i thought "what? .. not another one??? when is this in the timeline? what about the others..? .. AAAAAARGH!!"

with all this puzzling, trying to piece things together.. it makes my head spin..

Which reminds me... does anyone know of a site where all episodes, stand-alone episodes AND movies are listed when they occur chronologically??

.. Would help out A LOT!

by the by ... as for the episode... i loved watching Shikamaru FINALLY making Hidan shut up .. ^^
It was kinda beautiful when Asuma appeared..
And it was also a huge kick to see the Fourth standing behind Naruto.... MAN i would love for the anime to dive deeper into that whole thing

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least that way, when you finally DO criticize them; you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."
Xbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 10:15   Link #87
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbuster View Post
Uhm... i'm confused .. does the new upcoming arc take place chronologically before or after the second shippuuden movie?
Does it even matter? Movies have nothing to do with the actual story, their only purpose is to make money out of the Naruto franchise.
Old 2008-12-07, 10:21   Link #88
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
three tails arc looks lame IMO.
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 11:05   Link #89
Giggi

It has nothing to do with the movies.
It's just another arc of the anime, with some new content.
Giggi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 11:26   Link #90
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeDeR View Post
three tails arc looks lame IMO.
It's a filler, what do you expect? Until now all Naruto fillers were crap, some of them less and some more. In the end of this episode filler and real story was mixed, i hope there will be no mixed content because i want to skip filler and return to watch when it's over. But if they mix filler with the manga story that will be very annoying.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 13:41   Link #91
Giggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
It's a filler, what do you expect? Until now all Naruto fillers were crap, some of them less and some more. In the end of this episode filler and real story was mixed, i hope there will be no mixed content because i want to skip filler and return to watch when it's over. But if they mix filler with the manga story that will be very annoying.

Well, the "Sora's Arc" wasn't crap at all. It talked a lot about Asuma, who doesn't get too much attention in the manga.

Anyway, this one is not entirely a filler.
Old 2008-12-07, 14:05   Link #92
Timo.

Send a message via MSN to Timo.
Very nice episode
Plan was perfect!
Timo. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 15:52   Link #93
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Speaking of filler. The 12 Fire Guardians. Okay so we know the Fire Lord wanted Shika. Does the Fire Lord get to pick the cream of the crop for his bodyguard? I mean, why didn't the Fire Lord or previous Lords ask for Kakashi, Itachi, the 4th, etc? I would want to best possible serving me. Could the Hokage refuse a request for a ninja? Doesn't seem that way.

Also it seems like the anime was saying that Tsunade was underestimating Shikamaru since he probably should be a jounin by now. I mean if the Fire Lord wants to promote you.

Also interesting that Sakura thinks Shikamaru is the smartest person in the Fire Country. Considering Kakashi is her sensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggi View Post
Well, the "Sora's Arc" wasn't crap at all.
It turned into crap toward the middle and came apart at the end. The stuff about Asuma and the 12 Fire Guardians was very good. But the Sora elements were horrible. We already came off the Sai arc about making friends. We didn't need another one. Never mind the ridiculousness of the Kyuubi chakra and some of the villain's powers.

The fatal flaw of the filler is that they often focus too much on their created filler characters. And their main created character always is the person Nartuo has to relate to. It happens every time. Filler can end up really hurting canon and confusing the heck out of everyone if not done well.
Old 2008-12-07, 16:28   Link #94
Gamma_Sennin

The episode was decent... the shika part was done really well.. some of the soundtrack was weird though... and FRS looks so much cooler animated ^_^.. the naruto, shikamaru wanna be moment was rather humorous, But I guess we all can appreciate the fact we will no longer see the imprudent spamming of KB... as for the filler... I hope they keep with the fact naruto is a "new person" (according to Yamato).... sometimes in filler arcs they dumb him down again... gettin his a$$ kicked and making stupid mistakes... repeatedly overusing jutsu's and making him stale.. to the point the anime audience gets sick of it...

The sora arc was a perfect example... he was always on his butt.. getting completely dominated by annoying filler characters... and using the same jutsu he has used for the past 10 years.. at least with this filler arc.. lets hope we can see naruto pull some cool strategy, where he uses his jutsu creatively..
Gamma_Sennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 17:09   Link #95
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
It turned into crap toward the middle and came apart at the end.
I thought it started out alright, became great toward the middle (konoha invasion) and turned into crap in the last three episodes. So it was okay overall, pretty good for a filler arc.
Old 2008-12-07, 19:26   Link #96
Giggi

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Never mind the ridiculousness of the Kyuubi chakra
Yeah that was horrible.
Old 2008-12-07, 20:25   Link #97
alpha_farce

Naruto's abilities

I think this special was pretty good i was seriously pumped watching it. I like how Shika's intelligence is potent even with an enemy like akatsuki. To be honest i thought Shika was finished when Hidan got "his blood" and will be saved by the back up or something.

Some comments were made about Naruto's new ability damaging his chakra points or whatever. But wouldn't a shadow clone help this. He has the most chakra and the more clones he makes the weaker the clone. Therefore making just 3 clones should make the clone strong enough to execute the ability don't you think... Can't wait for a susuke appearance. Was always wishing and hoping Susuke would come out and killl Hiddan with his chidori sword move. Slice and Dice baby.

I really like how Naruto Shippuden is going its really exciting as it should be. The sai filler was awesome when it started out but became a buzz kill at the end. Really annoyed me. Hope some of the animators read these forums and work on em. Keep up the good work tho....

Also judging by the new arc, I think it would seem more of a special than a filler......DON'T LET US DOWN!

ALPHA

Last edited by alpha_farce; 2008-12-07 at 21:03. Reason: second thoughts
alpha_farce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-07, 20:34   Link #98
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

I must admit im impressed with the Naruto series... although they definitly made some awful filler episodes in the past, with the last 10 or so episodes (specially the couple after Asuma died) they showed that they can still make great ones.

Even after reading the manga chapters i still enjoyed the episodes very much and would say that sometimes or most of the time i find the anime much more interesting... specially because of the music and the great fighting scenes.

Since i personally hate waiting for episode every week, what i do with shows like naruto, bleach or one piece is to wait until at least 10+ episodes are out and then watch them all together. This way i dont have to "suffer" every week and can feel like a continuity while watching the episodes.

And about the filler arcs in between the manga storyline... they have a bad history of making very bad episodes that simply makes fans that loves this series simply lose all interest in it >.< I hope that if they really have to do it again, at least spend some more time creating them using their full potential and make great episodes.... lowering the quality of them just because their filler simply isnt right -.-
Old 2008-12-08, 05:05   Link #99
Xbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Does it even matter? Movies have nothing to do with the actual story, their only purpose is to make money out of the Naruto franchise.
I would say that it does matter, if I want to know when Naruto meets Sasuke again for the first time since the oro-hideout/big-crater thing.
Since I am not reading the Manga (pretty hard to come by), I don't want to miss a vital part such as that.
If I get it right, you're telling me that the second movie is NOT the next time in canon when they meet again? I can keep on watching the anime without fear of missing such an important event as when the two former friends come across each other the next time?
I was just wondering, since Sasuke is supposed to be right alongside Naruto in the second Shippuuden movie, and if im not mistaken, that has been out there for a while now (although not subbed, I believe) ..

"Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. At least that way, when you finally DO criticize them; you'll be a mile away and have their shoes."
Xbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-08, 05:14   Link #100
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbuster View Post
If I get it right, you're telling me that the second movie is NOT the next time in canon when they meet again?
Exactly. Movies are stand alone filler stories, they have nothing to do with the story.