AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 53 63.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 7.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 2.38%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.38%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.19%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-17, 17:22   Link #61
chaos_animagic

Really good ending, 9.5/10

And it ended with an "afterward" of Them grown up with a KAWII daughter.
(I think Ayatsuji's the only one with an afterward... everyone else just ended with a kiss or sort...)

Not to mention... I also noticed that it was
episode 24
a merry xmas arc

the only thing is... only if the episode aired on Dec. 24... NOW that would be awesome, LOL.

And that... Sea x Miya... FTW, I wanna be the shark >_<
Old 2010-12-17, 17:32   Link #62
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Actually, I'm quite dismayed at how poorly Jun'ichi handled the situation
After turning Tsukasa into a mental wrack with his retarded speech last episode and forcing her to maim herself emotionally, he doesn't do anything to fix it. If it wasn't for his friend who talked some sense into him, he would've left her in that mental wreck state. Good grief, what an insensitive jerk... no clue about a girl's feelings. If it was me he'd treated like that, he'd definitely get a kick into his family jewels

Even then, after his friend talked some sense into him, Jun'ichi still did it poorly. He didn't say something like "I like your true self better, please drop that facade, you're only hurting yourself" as he should have. He didn't apologise for having been a jerk and hurting Tsukasa either. It was just a rather pathetic "I like the facade and the real you the same." That just gives the impression of "I like your facade much better, but sadly, there's still the real you... I'll deal with it somehow if I have to."

Yet Tsukasa suddenly reverts and says she likes him too? That was *way* too rushed and quite unbelievable, especially given her personality - a poor conclusion to the arc. Given that poor conclusion, the "10 years after" scene felt rather displaced. Besides that, their child was way too old already, and Tsukasa looked just plain awful with that short hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Boo at Hibiki for chickening out at the last second Haruka is 'lovely' as usual, but we've seen plenty of her already. It's time for Hibiki's 'NICE BODY' to shine
Yes, it was a real shame we didn't get to see Hibiki.
Old 2010-12-17, 18:46   Link #63
Seiryuu

In all fairness, Tsukasa'd been keeping a lot from him, he still didn't have any clue about many aspects of her past, so he was at a loss how to proceed. And it didn't help that his advice earlier was maybe a little poorly done. He was right to suggest that she try to patch things up so that everyone would work together, but Ayatsuji took it the wrong way, thinking that he was saying that her aggressive, manipulative side was bad, not just a little overboard for some diplomatic situations. The result was that she was completely different from the girl he knew, and he had no idea why. To make it worse, she didn't seem completely unhappy or forced, because this was a real part of her and she did indeed like to be close to people, so he couldn't say she was acting or that this side was bad, because both sides were part of her.
Also, he knew that what he'd said had somehow cut deep when he didn't mean it to, and so in his eyes he'd hurt and traumatized his love, so he had no idea what to do. I don't think he was planning to go home when he found Umehara. He's a member of the Committee, so he'd have to be there for the after-festival meeting. He just needed to think. And his friend gave him a good pep talk and sent him back in. Ultimately, he was clumsy and stupid, insensitive and basically wandering blind, but he wanted to understand her and help her, and he did rather well for a clumsy guy. Anyway, guys are often fairly poor at figuring out how a girl's feeling, why, and most important, how he should behave.

I agree that the daughter looks a little old. She may be 7 or 8, but it would seem that they made her pretty quick after graduating. And yet they only made the one. If they were that eager, you'd think the girl would have a few siblings with her. Still, awesome in my book and a great way to end. Even if Tsukasa looks hideous with that hairdo.
Old 2010-12-17, 18:55   Link #64
aldw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Yeah she looks worse with short hair. Though I do think when she cut her bangs look much better when short but in general her long hair look was so much better.
Pretty much my sentiments exactly.

After finally being able to watch both 23 and 24 my impression of this story arc is that it feels a bit like the Diet Coke of a story (compared to Precious Diary), so while it has the nice conclusion it leaves a bit undercaloried feeling to it.

Credit is due for Junichi though for fighting for his girl and taking his licks like a real man.
Old 2010-12-17, 19:26   Link #65
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to agree the short hair look didn't really work for Tsukasa. But guess since they gave her daughter long hair didn't want to make them look like clones? Still was too bad, but in the end long or short hair doesn't change the person.
Old 2010-12-17, 20:25   Link #66
Itlandm
Porcupine

That was not bad at all. They should have had more confidence in this arc.

While I feel the arc and the last episode were well executed, in real life I am glad I am not in Junichi's shoes. In some cases, being loved even with your dark sides can be a beginning toward healing. But it is only a first step at best. I would definitely say she needs therapy, especially before she tries to raise any children!

But in fiction, it is widely assumed that "all you need is love", and as fiction I would say this was quite well executed. I don't much like Tsukasa Ayatsuji, but the storytelling was well done, in my opinion.
Old 2010-12-17, 21:31   Link #67
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Am I the only one who think that Haruka arc is better?

I mean Haruka is the only one who gets Miya jealous.
Old 2010-12-17, 23:04   Link #68
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I love Tsukasa with that haircut =0\. But then again, I like short hair, so I guess I'm biased.
Old 2010-12-17, 23:18   Link #69
anyme

amagami ss= santa seasons

Safe sex won't get a nice boat.
Old 2010-12-18, 00:34   Link #70
grandchaosSR
Servant of the Void

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikachuwei View Post
high maintanence on your wallet and your sanity

heck, who cares when you have HARUKA?
Haruka is worth every penny...Don't forget the fact that she is rich and probably owns a huge company. Think about the amount of money that you'll inherit from her father!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Even then, after his friend talked some sense into him, Jun'ichi still did it poorly. He didn't say something like "I like your true self better, please drop that facade, you're only hurting yourself" as he should have. He didn't apologise for having been a jerk and hurting Tsukasa either. It was just a rather pathetic "I like the facade and the real you the same." That just gives the impression of "I like your facade much better, but sadly, there's still the real you... I'll deal with it somehow if I have to."
Yeah Junichi version 6 is a little bit insensitive compared to his versions in Haruka and Kaoru arcs.
Old 2010-12-18, 03:17   Link #71
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Btw, I don't see the problem with Junichi and Ayatsuji's daughter. She is 7 years old or something like that and Junichi and Ayatsuji are most likely 26 years old. In the end, it just means that Ayatsuji was pregnant when she was 19years old. So, there nothing wrong/surprising at all with that.
Old 2010-12-18, 07:10   Link #72
Wrath88
Kissing...

Given how Tsukasa is, she probably had everything all planned out for a family very quickly, or else they wouldn't have a child so fast.

I cast my lot with those who say that short hair Tsukasa doesn't look as good.
Old 2010-12-18, 08:59   Link #73
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
AAAAH, This ending! ;__; I felt like crying a bit of happiness, that ending was just amazing! I feel like having a Risa arc will ruin it, ugh.
But, this episode was just amazing overall, and this arc was the most amazing arc of them all! Just perfect<3 Loved every second of this ep and arc, Tsukasa! <3
Old 2010-12-18, 14:17   Link #74
shadokembr
Banned

This episode was so painful
Old 2010-12-18, 14:58   Link #75
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Yeah Junichi version 6 is a little bit insensitive compared to his versions in Haruka and Kaoru arcs.
Just a "little" bit insensitive? It was more like totally insensitive
He was a real jerk here. For the first time, Tsukasa opens up to someone and reveals her true self, happy that she won't need her facade anymore and even burns her notebook. Then she tries out her true self by giving bitch girl a well-deserved comeback, wrongly thinking that she would have Jun'ichi's support. Instead of supporting and reassuring her however, he backstabs her by telling her to bring the facade back, giving her the impression that her true self is unwanted. Now wonder the poor girl gets a trauma

When Jun'ichi then talks with her later, even for a guy that's extremely clueless like him, her "That girl is dead now" should have been a very broad clue that he hurt her really bad. Even that little boy already noticed that something's seriously wrong with her.
What does he do though? *Nothing*. He doesn't do anything at all, even avoids her during the festival and at the after-festival party, until his friend talks some sense into him. He then reluctantly goes to the after-festival party to talk to her. During the talk, he doesn't feel the least bit sorry for hurting her so badly, much less does he show any remorse. All he says is some half-assed "I like your facade and your true self the same", which doesn't even sound like he honestly means it.
From this very poor talking, Tsukasa is suddenly supposed to miraculously recover again, leading to a "they lived happily after" ending? That's just horribly rushed and hideously unbelievable

This arc with Tsukasa really had a lot of potential, especially after Tsukasa's true self was revealed at the ending of the arc's first episode. Second ep. was proceeding nicely either. In the third ep. though, it was a very bad idea to have him give that retarded advice, turning Tsukasa into a mental basket case.
Things could've still been saved in the fourth episode, but instead, Jun'ichi becomes and even bigger jerk and only grudgingly talks with her at the end. Then they suddenly noticed: "Oh no, it's the last episode already, and we're running out of time! Quick, stuff in a happy ending, even if it totally doesn't fit here now."
They really botched the ending, doing it like that. The arc could've been quite a bit better, if they had done it properly

Besides that, the ending bears a very wrong message: "You can treat a girl like a jerk, giving her a big trauma, but there's nothing wrong treating her like that. You don't need to apologise to her or feel sorry afterwards, as you'll still live happily ever after regardless."
Old 2010-12-18, 14:59   Link #76
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I have to agree the short hair look didn't really work for Tsukasa. But guess since they gave her daughter long hair didn't want to make them look like clones? Still was too bad, but in the end long or short hair doesn't change the person.
You can always change the hairstyle - like ponytail or something. You dont have to always go for this cliche to cut the hair (or grow the hair) just to show that time passed. It is way too cliche and is so much worse when the original look suit the character so much better.

I think they wanted with the short hair to make gher look older, but I think they overdid she now not only looks older, but actually too old (she kind of looks like nearly next to her 40's with that new look),

Sometimes it is better to just leave it the way it is, or change the hairstyle (long hair gives a lot of possibilities, differently from short hair).
Old 2010-12-18, 15:13   Link #77
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

No. I thought the Haruka arc was easily the best, and this one was probably second - though it's close between it and the Ai arc for me. While I'm happy everyone seemed to love the ending, I found it extremely predictable and conventional.
Old 2010-12-18, 16:02   Link #78
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post

I don't really get what the big deal is about Haruka's arc. I thought it was very middle of the roadish, and our main character was PAINFUL to watch IMO.
Old 2010-12-18, 21:34   Link #79
Midnight Bliss
Radiant as the sun;
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Midnight Bliss
^

Me neither. I just found her eccentric. I found no chemistry whatsoever between her and Junichi, her arc was pretty bad for me the whole way, but at least it had a nice ending. I don't get all the love for her, but oh well. I love Tsukasa the most on the other hand, though. I just can't see all the love for Haruka and Kaoru, myself. xD; Their arcs were boring for me.
Old 2010-12-18, 21:35   Link #80
Sumeragi
Banned

I just feel that they could have gotten more feeling right before the 10 years later part.

Maybe it's because of my impression with Precious Diary.
Closed Thread