AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-04-22, 22:58   Link #1381
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Yes, he did.
Lost all happiness? wat? He had NO happiness as much as I am concerned. But again, this should go to Lelouch's discussion thread.

But yea discussing on the new plot. If we had a protagonist to bring down "Zero's Requiem", and gains a geass power, then I wouldn't mind as during the end, he realises that power corrupts.

But still hoping that the protagonist (like Suzaku), starts off as a minor soldier, gaining respect from his peers, making his way up.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 01:26   Link #1382
kaizerster
Banned

From chibiyuuto, in livejournal :

"The video release of the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Kiseki no Birthday event (a Code Geass event that originally took place in December, 2009) is announcing a new anime project called Code Geass GAIDEN: Boukoku no Akito (コードギアス GAIDEN 亡国のアキト). The video of the event will be officially released tomorrow in DVD, Blu-Ray and UMD.

Several sources are reporting that CLAMP will be once again in charge of doing the character design concept for this new project, including AnimeVice. Most of the original staff who worked in Code Geass and R2 will be back for this new anime.

It is still unsure what format (TV Anime, OVA, Movie, etc) this new project will take.

Apparently the story takes place in Europe, 7 years after the beginning of the series.

More information should come soon since the video where this project was announced will be properly released tomorrow in Japan."

Pretty is gonna strike again. Hum.
kaizerster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 01:32   Link #1383
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
From chibiyuuto, in livejournal :

"The video release of the Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion Kiseki no Birthday event (a Code Geass event that originally took place in December, 2009) is announcing a new anime project called Code Geass GAIDEN: Boukoku no Akito (コードギアス GAIDEN 亡国のアキト). The video of the event will be officially released tomorrow in DVD, Blu-Ray and UMD.

Several sources are reporting that CLAMP will be once again in charge of doing the character design concept for this new project, including AnimeVice. Most of the original staff who worked in Code Geass and R2 will be back for this new anime.

It is still unsure what format (TV Anime, OVA, Movie, etc) this new project will take.

Apparently the story takes place in Europe, 7 years after the beginning of the series.

More information should come soon since the video where this project was announced will be properly released tomorrow in Japan."

Pretty is gonna strike again. Hum.
Seven years after the beginning of the series. In other words, around the same time when Lelouch acquired his Geass from C.C. the immortal witch? The beginning of the series would place it around the time of the Britannian invasion of Japan in 2010 A.D., meaning that Lelouch was a mere 10 year old boy. If that's the case, then the new series will likely become an OVA series.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 01:33   Link #1384
Nobodyman9
Banned

So we're still not clear on whether it's a new series or OVA or what have you. Well, it looks like we're getting a sequel at any rate. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: What are you on about darth? I don't think they were being technical about it. The beginning of the series is when Lelouch got his Geass, so that would mean it takes place about 5 or 6 years after the end of the series.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 01:44   Link #1385
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
So we're still not clear on whether it's a new series or OVA or what have you. Well, it looks like we're getting a sequel at any rate. Looking forward to it.

EDIT: What are you on about darth? I don't think they were being technical about it. The beginning of the series is when Lelouch got his Geass, so that would mean it takes place about 5 or 6 years after the end of the series.
They mentioned that the story takes place in the year 2017, which was around the time Lelouch got his geass. This series will certainly be unrelated to Lelouch of the Rebellion. If the story took place after R2, then wouldn't the year be 2025? They said that the story takes place 7 years after the beginning of the series, which was 2010. The information never said that the story takes place 7 years after the end of series, which would be 2018.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
Can't say much else on my thoughts for the new work. R2 left me disappointed and disillusioned, but by the same token it set the bar rather low, so chances are if I'm surprised it'll be pleasantly.
The second season, to me, felt so out of place when you compare it with season one.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 01:49   Link #1386
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
They mentioned that the story takes place in the year 2017, which was around the time Lelouch got his geass. This series will certainly be unrelated to Lelouch of the Rebellion. If the story took place after R2, then wouldn't the year be 2025? They said that the story takes place 7 years after the beginning of the series, which was 2010.
Hmm, I see your point. Well, if it is true that the story will take place in 2017, then it's kind of odd they would phrase it that way "7 years after the beginning of the series." Well, I'd like to wait till we get more info and confirmation.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 03:22   Link #1387
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
The series begin with Lelouch acquiring Geass.. the rest is flashback material. Did we forget what flashbacks mean or something..
R1 took about 1 year, R2 was just about another year so 5 years after Lelouch died sort of speak
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 04:03   Link #1388
kaizerster
Banned

If the new series, are confirmed to be 7 yrs after the original ones, then that means, timeline of the first episode, "The day a new demon was born."
If we go by logic, with "Lelouch being a 10 yrs old, Lelouch hit puberty etc. etc." we might as well, take the timeline of Lelouch being baby. That is just wrong.

Now, we are still speculating, since nothing has been canonly confirmed, but yeah, i have to agree with Karuma.
Old 2010-04-23, 04:31   Link #1389
konart

Why would they name it Gaiden or side story then? Gaiden\Side Story usually goes for something that takes place at the same time as the original, that why it is called "side story"
Old 2010-04-23, 04:35   Link #1390
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerster View Post
If the new series, are confirmed to be 7 yrs after the original ones, then that means, timeline of the first episode, "The day a new demon was born."
If we go by logic, with "Lelouch being a 10 yrs old, Lelouch hit puberty etc. etc." we might as well, take the timeline of Lelouch being baby. That is just wrong.

Now, we are still speculating, since nothing has been canonly confirmed, but yeah, i have to agree with Karuma.
Now it's really weird. First it's in 2017 and now it's 7 yrs after the beginning of the serie (the serie began when Lelouch did get his geass, logically :'o Unless they really count the beginning of the serie, when we see chibi Lelouch and chibi Suza looking at the planes.)
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 05:27   Link #1391
Meatrose
Antihero

"a.t.b. 2017" is seemingly one of the few real pieces of information we've got on the new project so far. That someone on LJ wrote "apparently the story takes place in Europe, 7 years after the beginning of the series" does not, in my opinion, suggest that "a.t.b. 2017..." is wrong and that gaiden is really set during a.t.b. 2024. I think it's more likely that the one who wrote that thought of a.t.b. 2010 as the beginning of the series, probably due to the fact the very first thing that is shown in Stage 1 is a "flashback" that shows us Lelouch and Suzaku, in a.t.b. 2010, playing outside while it explains what happened that year with Britannia's invasion of Japan and how the superiority of their KMF forces made it a devastating defeat for the defenders.

I agree with konart; side stories usually take place at the side of the main story, not 6 years after.
Old 2010-04-23, 05:38   Link #1392
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
"a.t.b. 2017" is seemingly one of the few real pieces of information we've got on the new project so far. That someone on LJ wrote "apparently the story takes place in Europe, 7 years after the beginning of the series" does not, in my opinion, suggest that "a.t.b. 2017..." is wrong and that gaiden is really set during a.t.b. 2024. I think it's more likely that the one who wrote that thought of a.t.b. 2010 as the beginning of the series, probably due to the fact the very first thing that is shown in Stage 1 is a "flashback" that shows us Lelouch and Suzaku, in a.t.b. 2010, playing outside while it explains what happened that year with Britannia's invasion of Japan and how the superiority of their KMF forces made it a devastating defeat for the defenders.

I agree with konart; side stories usually take place at the side of the main story, not 6 years after.
the first scenes of season 1 is the invasion of japan and a young Lelouch vowing to destory britannia
7 years later, the show's main plot kicks in, but thats not where the show STARTS
Old 2010-04-23, 05:46   Link #1393
kaizerster
Banned

Well, obviously, nothing has been confirmed 100% yet, most people are posting tidbits of info they got. Some of them might end up being, not that accurate, but i believe we already got the gist of it.
Old 2010-04-23, 06:23   Link #1394
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
the first scenes of season 1 is the invasion of japan and a young Lelouch vowing to destory britannia
7 years later, the show's main plot kicks in, but thats not where the show STARTS
Yeah, I pretty much agree, hence the quotation marks around the word "flashback". To be fair though, that intro is like a really short summary of what happened that year so I see how and why people think of it as a legitimate flashback. In fact one could possibly still argue that it is. I think the fact most people seem to believe that the opening narrations are delivered by C.C. is something that adds to the already flashback-like feeling. Then again, they're not delivered by C.C. at all but by Yukana the seiyuu, out of character, as opposed to the monologues at the end of each episode that are delivered by Lelouch, in character.
Old 2010-04-23, 06:58   Link #1395
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post

side story and gaiden still have their differences
we can squabble all we want but this is like the rumours handed out with the Geass R1 extra special. Nothing more but words that invoke more questions.
Enjoy eating out of Sunrise's hand every one =) in b4 madness .. again
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 07:27   Link #1396
Meatrose
Antihero

Yes, but "a.t.b. 2017" comes from the announcement, the "7 years after the beginning of the series" comes from a poster on LJ who talks about the announcement, it's not a translation of the announcement.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ANN update #2
Kazuki Akane (Escaflowne, Noein - to your other self, Birdy the Mighty Decode) is directing off scripts by Shigeru Morita (Mobile Suit Gundam Seed, Toward the Terra, Blood+). As in the previous two television series, Takahiro Kimura is adapting CLAMP's original character designs for animation. Akira Yasuda is also returning to design the mechanical Nightmare units.

The new side story is set in a.t.b.2017. A Knightmare unit made of boys and girls from Zone Eleven are thrown into a military operation with a 5% chance of survival. They must rescue an allied unit left behind on the European warfront.
Old 2010-04-23, 07:34   Link #1397
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
side story and gaiden still have their differences
we can squabble all we want but this is like the rumours handed out with the Geass R1 extra special. Nothing more but words that invoke more questions.
Enjoy eating out of Sunrise's hand every one =) in b4 madness .. again
oh nom nom nom nom~<3

@Meatrose: So I see. Though is it an official announcement? If not, I wouldn't put weight behind it too much. Other then that, I don't quite understand

2010 was when it all began (Lelouch probably could've lived in Japan, happy with Nunnally and Suzaku. Of course, Japan's Sakuradite supremacy caused Britannia to act.) so I guess that would make sense? I haven't been following, to be honest.

Explain, I'm just a tad lost. Is it the announcement official or not? If not then I say wait for something official, if it is then am I right on my assumption? Probably not.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 07:49   Link #1398
Kakkou
Tch.

Umm, after going through the discussions I don't think anyone properly addressed the Der Weisser/Devicer thing and someone did ask about it a few pages back. So, I went and had a look at the line and I'm quite sure its Devicer, since it was written as デヴァイサ. If it were Der Weisser it'd probably be デ・ヴァイサ with the dot to seperate them. The line itself translates as "The unit's Knightmare Devicers are Eleven boys and girls." Eleven as in Japanese as it is written in katakana. Hope this clears up the devicer bit for those who are unsure.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 08:36   Link #1399
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post

@Meatrose: So I see. Though is it an official announcement? If not, I wouldn't put weight behind it too much. Other then that, I don't quite understand (1)

2010 was when it all began (Lelouch probably could've lived in Japan, happy with Nunnally and Suzaku. Of course, Japan's Sakuradite supremacy caused Britannia to act.) so I guess that would make sense? I haven't been following, to be honest. (2)

Explain, I'm just a tad lost. Is it the announcement official or not? If not then I say wait for something official, if it is then am I right on my assumption? Probably not. (3)
1) I don't see any reason to believe that the information is not official at this point. I'll develop that train of thought below, in the third segment.

2) Yes, a.t.b. 2010 is when it all began, but the main story of the original series takes place a.t.b. 2017 (S1) - a.t.b. 2018(R2). This side story being set a.t.b. 2017 means that it's set during the first season, or possibly during the beginning of the one year gap between the seasons.

3) I don't doubt the information posted at ANN (for once) as the only source of information should be the Kiseki no Tanjobi DVDs and BDs and they were released today. We already knew that we were going to see a teaser and that they were going to announce the staff. Since different independent teaser translations are saying the same thing and since none of the information contradicts anything else I find it hard to believe that it's not authentic.

Edit: And just to clarify; as it appears this is not about the canon characters, this is the story of an isolated incident, a side story with (most probably) a new cast. Sure, some canon characters may or may not appear and play some sort of role but I sincerely hope that they won't since none of the original creators (Okouchi and Taniguchi) appears to be involved in this project.

Last edited by Meatrose; 2010-04-23 at 08:56.
Meatrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-23, 10:18   Link #1400
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Screencaps of the teaser.
Be carful, heavy spoilers

Spoiler:

Lol really...They couldn't give us something better.
Glimpse of the character maybe ? Land, even ?
Sunrise :/

Last edited by Lolipopo; 2010-04-23 at 10:28.
Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha