AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-26, 10:28   Link #21
Mihara Yuki
I...I don't know...
*Fansubber

Send a message via Yahoo to Mihara Yuki
Hmm...I wonder if Ange is Tsundere type?

I support Black Battler
Old 2010-10-26, 10:30   Link #22
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Considering her behaviour, she is rather the Kuudere type, stuck with a "ice queen" demeanor, then shatters into the emotional burst at times.
Not really aloof/hostile towards Battler or something.
Old 2010-10-27, 06:45   Link #23
Oblivion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Considering her behaviour, she is rather the Kuudere type, stuck with a "ice queen" demeanor, then shatters into the emotional burst at times.
But where would the idea of her being hostile towards Battler come from? Isn't she waiting for her dear brother to come home?
Old 2010-10-27, 06:50   Link #24
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Some people are considering her "Gretel" behaviour as "Tsuntsun" which doesn't make sense whatsoever.
The idea is that deep down she wants him to come back, while she is acting cold against him which would loosely fall in the Tsundere spectrum: being dishonest with their feelings, displaying the "opposite" they are actually feeling; whereas it is actually her normal personality with restraint for not telling him the truth.
Old 2010-10-27, 10:04   Link #25
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
And it might not even be either anyway, since she's forced to do it by another party with the magical threat of burger-death. If she had her way, Ange would probably be all like "onii-chan!" and glomp him.
Old 2010-10-28, 12:03   Link #26
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
If she had her way, Ange would probably be all like "onii-chan!" and glomp him.
I really, reeeally doubt Ange has any interest in "glomping" her brother. She loves him, but she was also very upset about his attitude in regards to the witches. Her reason for being there was for herself, not for him.
ずっと変りはしない
Old 2010-10-28, 13:20   Link #27
AudriSampson
Ange Ushiromiya's Fangirl

Send a message via Yahoo to AudriSampson
Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
I really, reeeally doubt Ange has any interest in "glomping" her brother. She loves him, but she was also very upset about his attitude in regards to the witches. Her reason for being there was for herself, not for him.
I totally agree with you on that one. I think she was there just for the chance to live her life differnetly then the miserable life with Eva and St Lucia HS.
Old 2010-12-05, 16:19   Link #28
Keriaku
Thought Being

I was just reading Meakashi-hen from Higurashi and it suddenly hit me. The school Shion escaped from and the one Ange went to are one and the same, St. Lucia. I didn't realize this Higurashi connection until now.
Old 2010-12-05, 21:49   Link #29
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Except that St. Lucia didn't seem so bad in Higurashi, where Shion just hated the school for their prim and proper mannerisms when she's a rebellious kid. But Ange was being majorly bullied by the girl posse.
Old 2010-12-05, 22:33   Link #30
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Which is because of Ange's antisocial personality and poor grades. As much as they totally deserve being staked, they didn't single her out as a target for the lulz.
Old 2010-12-09, 10:11   Link #31
Veldenz

I think there was some mention of Ange being picked on simply because she's an Ushiromiya.
Old 2010-12-09, 12:43   Link #32
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veldenz View Post
I think there was some mention of Ange being picked on simply because she's an Ushiromiya.
I think this was because the Ushiromiya family got massacred, living with the possible serial killer etc.
Old 2010-12-13, 11:00   Link #33
Veldenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keriaku View Post
I think this was because the Ushiromiya family got massacred, living with the possible serial killer etc.
Indeed. I'm guessing that's the explanation for why St. Lucia was so unpleasant for her, whereas it wasn't as bad for others.
Old 2010-12-19, 23:55   Link #34
einhorn303

I actually love bullying stories. It's all kinds of moe to me. I ended up playing Aeka's route in "A Drug that Makes You Dream" faster than any other commercial VN I've ever played. So I love Ange's story in Episode 4; it really resonated with me on an emotional level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pika_power View Post
Perhaps the lack of emotional expressions for her is why people consider her 'emo'.
Kind of ironic since the word emo is derived from "emotional." "Oh, she doesn't shoe emotion, how emo."
Old 2010-12-26, 19:34   Link #35
Almazluverdis3
Shall we do it?
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Almazluverdis3
Quote:
Some people are considering her "Gretel" behaviour as "Tsuntsun" which doesn't make sense whatsoever.
The idea is that deep down she wants him to come back, while she is acting cold against him which would loosely fall in the Tsundere spectrum: being dishonest with their feelings, displaying the "opposite" they are actually feeling; whereas it is actually her normal personality with restraint for not telling him the truth.
So she's like Kanon when it comes to feelings?
Old 2011-01-03, 16:41   Link #36
kamuinoyume
OMAE WO SHINJIRU!

Ange is a difficult character for me to rank. On one side, she has the charisma, attitude and ideals of a character that I'd instantly fall for, but on the other, she has that annoying sob-story on her back (which I can't stand for the life of me). Not to mention the fact that she was the one who came up with the whole time limit for ep 4, which made me want to kill her, because it meant no red truth from Beato until 24: 00 of the 5th October (and let's face it, the killer could have died by then in a freak accident and he'd still be counted as a corpse; not to mention Beato is good with twisting events), let's not forget the fact that the blue truth (something she also had a hand in) also limited the player much (since Beato again stopped handing out the red like it was a rare treat, unlike the second game).

So my problem with her would be limited to: Her role in the story... Otherwise, I think I'd actually like her as a friend, but for Umineko...I hate her character.
Old 2011-01-03, 20:02   Link #37
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Er, what are you talking about? The time limit and Blue Truth only helped the player.
Old 2011-01-03, 20:16   Link #38
Judoh
Mystery buff

Quote:
Kuudere would be more like Nagato Yuki in Haruhi. Or Sig in the puyo puyo games. Which is strictly a non-emotional type of character. Well at least they don't show emotion.

It's more like Ange is just Tsun all the time, and doesn't ever get the chance to show her Dere side, which is different.
Old 2011-01-03, 23:58   Link #39
Mikachiru
test

... I thought Dandere was emotionless? At least according to TVtropes...
Old 2011-01-04, 00:15   Link #40
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
A dandere character is one who is normally quiet and silent, possibly to the point of coming across as an Emotionless Girl at times, but will suddenly become talkative and sweet and cute when alone with the right person if they manage to push the right button to get them to pour their heart out, revealing that she (or he, of course) is actually just shy.
Yuki Nagato this is not. She's Kuudere.
Closed Thread