AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Steins;Gate

Notices

View Poll Results: Steins;Gate - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 132 80.98%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 12.27%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 4.91%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.61%
Voters: 163. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-06, 21:08   Link #61
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
What i am saying it: If Duri know about it, it must meant it is on the news and thus.. there is a dead body there.
No, it means that Kurisu was definitely stabbed. She's big news, that thing would be reported regardless of whether she lived or died. It never confirmed that she's dead, only that a stabbing definitely occurred.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:10   Link #62
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
What i am saying it: If Duri know about it, it must meant it is on the news and thus.. there is a dead body there.
I'm just discussing the theory behind saving Kurisu, not the practicalities in how to implement it.

If you put it that way, I can just say the body can be faked. Dunno. I'm waiting to be surprised by how Okarin will implement his plan.
Old 2011-09-06, 21:11   Link #63
legorichard1

umm I didn't really understand the master plan he is going to execute. Can anyone explain?
Old 2011-09-06, 21:55   Link #64
acev
Misuzu ftw!

Loved the atmosphere of the episode, a great follow-up to last weeks.

Sky Clad was an amazing choice of music; I definitely was not expecting the original OP to appear, even in it's awesome glory. The OP was great too, using the second half to Hacking to the Gate for this episode was a nice touch, and refreshing as well.

Cannot wait until the next episode.
Old 2011-09-06, 22:22   Link #65
Forever
Revealing the truth

Hmm if he succeeds, does it mean he can only meet kurisu 15 years later?
Old 2011-09-06, 22:27   Link #66
karuroso

A question, isn't there one more ep? I remember reading that there is one extra ep in the last BD
Old 2011-09-06, 22:28   Link #67
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Pretty awesome episode, I still think Okarin statement of "deceiving the world" should have more animation budget and better camera angle. Through, the voice acting and the music itself was great combination of awesomeness
Old 2011-09-06, 22:39   Link #68
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

amazing.

as with the last few weeks, i can't wait for the next ep... i'm going to be sad when it ends...
Old 2011-09-06, 22:43   Link #69
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Is next episode the last already?

It probably won't be hard to push in some slice-of-life OVA/ beach episode through
Old 2011-09-06, 22:47   Link #70
com_gwp

YEA, this was the episode I was waiting for, where the remaining mysteries of the show are cleared up! Answers were given and the twist was pretty unexpectedly great. This was pretty much the best episode of the show since the the Suzuha arc for me
Old 2011-09-06, 22:51   Link #71
Zodiamaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by legorichard1 View Post
umm I didn't really understand the master plan he is going to execute. Can anyone explain?
He's just going to make it look as if Kurisu is dead, that will trigger everything you've seen since episode 1.

The whole point of it is to retain all the memories of what happened in the other timelines.

In the original timeline, there was no need for him to save Kurisu she doesn't actually die, the only actual problem was the beginning of WW3. If Okabe doesn't trick his past self into believing she's dead(on top of keeping Kurisu papers so that WW3 doesn't start), then he won't accidentally send the first dmail, travel to another timeline, meet Kurisu, befriend her, and doing everything he did(which ultimately ends in him preventing WW3, though Suzuha could have probably done that on her own).
Old 2011-09-06, 23:00   Link #72
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
@Eater of All - great chart!

Wow that episode was really fantastic. I am in love with the PC opening from previously when the game trailer came out XD So hearing in the anime was really a treat! Also as mentioned the tweaked OP was nice too hearing the second half used. Miyano did some amazing voice work too, loved the emotion and really good use of camera angles and lighting to set the mood in the building.

I want an Okabe figure!!!
Old 2011-09-06, 23:02   Link #73
wtf
needs moar YAN :3

so he triggers the sequence of events that comprise the series leading up to now by tricking his past self to send the d-mail, but by keeping/destroying/whatever kurisu's paper he prevents her from actually dying?

there's going to be some kind of twist in there... i've been pleasantly surprised with each episode and i have a feeling the finale won't disappoint !!
Old 2011-09-06, 23:05   Link #74
nines
I much prefer the 2d

Mind Blown!. Hands down going into my top favorite epic animes of all time. Every episode has been a mind fck or a major emotional hit. Can''t wait to see the ending. Hopefully another Makisu and Okabe kiss scene ^^
Old 2011-09-06, 23:55   Link #75
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Oh, that was definitely a very meaningful episode; that little slap by Mayuri means so much.

Apparently she never knew Okabe to be much of a ragequitter. And yea, if he quits now, everything he went through, everything they went through wouldn't mean anything any more.

But hey, shit's hard. Okabe's just tired and sometimes when you just see failure after failure without any idea of what to do, there's just no more energy left. When you see that you're the one that caused the problem, that's more than enough to sap your will.

So it took a lot of convincing. But with Suzuha, Mayuri, Daru, and his future self that finally found a way, Okabe finally decides to take his mad scientist role seriously.

There is a fine line between madness and genius.

There was no way to know that this college age dork that didn't know shit in the beginning would eventually become the genius that would give humanity a second chance. But armed with the gift that no other mortal could have, and the life experience that no other mortal could have, sometimes perseverance really does pay off.

It would be a waste if he did nothing right? But there's no more mental blocks anymore. He's set.

10/10

Also, hurray for the voice acting!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-09-07, 00:05   Link #76
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I remember talking with a irc buddy about how one of the possible things to do was to fake Kurisu's death, but I mostly meant it as a joke. Now that it is a part of El Psy Congroo's masterplan, I say, go on, save Kurisu, fake her death, burn the Sport Almanac of Biff and flee to Mexico with Tutturu and Christina to grow bananas.
Old 2011-09-07, 00:37   Link #77
calorie

Okabe, you are so F-in' cool! I believe this episode was the breaking point for me, in the way that I've finally realized just how incredible vs. just good this show that I am watching is. My first impression of the characters other than Okabe was that they were somewhat generic and even a bit annoying, but boy was I wrong. Everyone had a role to play and at this point I can positively say I like every side character, especially Makise. She has crossed that fine line where tsundere archetype actually shows why it's been so prominent in anime all these years and starts to work on me as a viewer.

The visuals were gorgeous, the music was uplifting, the story was well-paced. Though I must say, from the start of the episode I had a gut feel that Okabe was the killer in some indirect way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Also, hurray for the voice acting!
Word. Future Okabe was a very nice surprise in this episode.
Old 2011-09-07, 01:49   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I like a happy ending as much as the next guy, unless the next guy happens to like happy endings more than me. But as much as I root for one here, it sort of feels cheap to me if everyone has their cake and eats it too. If Okarin is happy, Kurisu survives and she and Okarin are together, Mayushi lives, there's no WW III and no dystopia - well, that's great and all. But shouldn't there be some sort of lasting cost to all this time meddling - something that can't be erased by further time time meddling?

Again, I love these characters and I'm neither rooting for tragedy or assuming the above "everybody wins" scenario is already locked in. But S;G has generally played by the literary rules so far, and if does work out that way it feels just a little like cheating to me.
Old 2011-09-07, 01:58   Link #79
bill_cosby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I like a happy ending as much as the next guy, unless the next guy happens to like happy endings more than me. But as much as I root for one here, it sort of feels cheap to me if everyone has their cake and eats it too. If Okarin is happy, Kurisu survives and she and Okarin are together, Mayushi lives, there's no WW III and no dystopia - well, that's great and all. But shouldn't there be some sort of lasting cost to all this time meddling - something that can't be erased by further time time meddling?

Again, I love these characters and I'm neither rooting for tragedy or assuming the above "everybody wins" scenario is already locked in. But S;G has generally played by the literary rules so far, and if does work out that way it feels just a little like cheating to me.
what complaints do you have?
we witnessed over 15 episodes of Okabe paying for the consequences of time-meddling by giving it his all and Kurisu in order to achieve a peaceful end.

i think it'd be deserving, not cheap
Old 2011-09-07, 02:03   Link #80
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_cosby View Post
what complaints do you have?
we witnessed over 15 episodes of Okabe paying for the consequences of time-meddling by giving it his all and Kurisu in order to achieve a peaceful end.

i think it'd be deserving, not cheap
I don't doubt that Okarin has suffered, and maybe that should be enough. I guess I'm sort of looking at it through the lens of "equivalent exchange", if you will, and it doesn't seem to measure up to that standard. But maybe that's the wrong standard.
Closed Thread