3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 1 2.33%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-04-16, 00:25   Link #81
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Flit was actually willing to let Asemu go and more or less commit suicide, either his speech got to him and he is being the ultimate COOL dad and letting his son have his own way or he is already planning to use Unoa to breed his next Vagan destroyer.
Old 2012-04-16, 01:03   Link #82
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
Flit was actually willing to let Asemu go and more or less commit suicide, either his speech got to him and he is being the ultimate COOL dad and letting his son have his own way or he is already planning to use Unoa to breed his next Vagan destroyer.
Except Flit didn't say yes or no to it.

That and it was either that or have a catastrophic event on Earth.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 03:34   Link #83
atilim
Knightmare

After Asemu did his little speech and cut of all communication their was nothing that Flit could have done.
atilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 04:13   Link #84
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
or he is already planning to use Unoa to breed his next Vagan destroyer.
While flit can be a dick at time he isn't Gendo Ikari man.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 04:30   Link #85
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atilim View Post
You have a entire ship full of man that can do the job of replacing that single part which frankly didn't seem so hard (almost like putting in a lego piece) and they allowed a single girl that doesn't look older then 16 to do it.
She volunteered because she judged that, out of all the people qualified to pilot that worker craft and change the piece, she was the least useful in getting the Age-1 back in shape.

(Which, yes, seem kinda weird, because at this stage, screw the Age-1... I'd have taken whoever would change the piece the fastest.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Ehhhh wtf?!
When Asemu and Zeheart are having their little talk in the core room I was like "wtf?", which btw that core room is rather unnecessarily big and has access to from the outside?
That there is very very very bad construction planning if I ever saw it, I mean if your gonna do that, then where's my Death Star-esque core run?!
We don't know how their tech works, so it's hard to say if it was unnecessary or not. They may need the space and access to service it with MS. And maybe during some operations, the core needs a bit of breathing room.

Quote:
Instead we got this rather weird Asemu/Zeheart bromance moment that really made no sense to me.
Just kinda makes everything they have done up to that point rather utterly pointless to me.
I admit I was half expecting one of them to pull out a gun and shoot the other but meh didn't even get that!
Whyever for? Their enmity wasn't personal. They'd found a common goal they thought they were going to die for. They just were unable to change gears when they found they were going to live after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
I see is it obeying two almost universal rules of Gundam. 1 is that nobody is ever allowed to be happy or content and the other is that whatever is the most bitter and sobering way in which to handle a character death situation is almost always the one they go with. That's now two people that essentially never did anything to hurt anybody getting pretty brutally killed simply for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in this show....
I'll give you Yurin, but Remi choose to wear the uniform. And she choose to stand between an enemy soldier and her target.

Quote:
As for the episode, I'll just say that I kind of got goosebumps during the last shot with all the Vegan drop pods making planet fall as Asemu looked up at the sky. Looks like my theory about the third generation involving a Vegan invasion of Earth came true. This is essentially the Zeon Earth Invasion arc of Gundam that precedes the main storyline all over again.
Yeah, how does that work? They can't have gotten more than a few thousand people down there. You're supposed to need more than that to build a planet conquering war machine.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 07:59   Link #86
JediNight
キズランダム

I find it interesting that I thought last week's episode was really bad, while most found it really good. And this week I thought the episode was somewhat improved, but the votes came in a lot lower. Go figure

There wasn't anything majorly wrong this episode, but at the same time it felt like they were just going through the paces in a way. Every other mobile suit explodes once it takes halfway decent damage, but Dex was able to use his when it was cleaved in half. There seemed to be very little defense around their indispensible fortress. Flit stood there instead of shooting all the mobile suits he could when they were turning the fortress, etc.

You had that weird Bromance moment with Asemu and Zeheart in the core... what was weird there was they set a timer, but then chose to stand around instead of heading for an exit. I felt they did a poor job of telegraphing to the viewer that they wouldn't be able to get out in time until that sudden corny speech and explosion and the Not-A-Death-Star-Escape scene. And for a seemingly catastrophic event, they sure had a lot of time for Asemu to stand around and monologue lol...

Then lastly -- did they really have to kill off Remi Ruth in such a hackneyed way? It's like going into Age3 you pick out whoever the most unassuming nice girl is and you know she's gonna die by the end. The moment Remi said she was going out to fix the gun I knew it was pancakes for her sigh... Which was really silly because Mink just comes out of nowhere, although her death scene was awesome. And one thing I notice in Gundam -- they don't really have medics and try very hard to save pilots, do they? You think by then their medical science would be pretty good. I would have pulled Remi into my cockpit and flown her back to try to get her on machine-assisted breathing and a blood transfusion etc. but nope it's She's Dead Jim(TM). Oh, and of course Flit calls for "Woolf Team come assist me" and Asemu is of course off on his own personal vendetta time again and completely ignores it... =\

What they did well this episode:
The Chief of Staff's "Billiards Shot" to disable the Vagan Fortress was very creative. Mink's death was pretty awesome as I said before. The last Magician's 8 guy going out shielding Zeheart was pretty Bro Tier as well. Max and Arisa finally getting some screen time of "competency" was good -- they got a few kills and did more than just standing in place making crying sounds And the Vagans hiding their invasion force in the debris of the fortress was rather clever.

I guess this means Age3 could be taking place primarily on Earth? Unless they plan to just wrap up this ground combat in one episode leading into the next Age. I'm kinda assuming they are going for an original Gundam Zeon ground invasion. Or the later Seed Zaft territory control, etc.
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 10:12   Link #87
Vena
Carpe Diem

Dole is dead right? And I thought he'd amount to something considering he had more character than all of the other M8 put together.
Old 2012-04-16, 10:53   Link #88
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Yeah, Dole's got noticeable personality. He was disciplined but it didn't make him an unthinking subordinate. He could feel outraged but it didn't turn him into a monster thirsting for revenge. Too bad he died, though, as his character was quite well-constructed. He could have been a good supporting character to Zeheart, worthy as a subordinate but at times willing to oppose his superior to help Zeheart make a more informed decision. Too bad he was just the leader of the Magician 8, destined to be the elites of the Vagans and pawns for Feddie protagonists.
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:08   Link #89
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I hope Dole makes it, but it is very improbable as they show the display around him cracking...
Btw Asemu is quite the dick ain't he? His bro saves him from the giant piece of debris and instead of returning the favor by using his gundam's reentry capability he just let's zeheart burn in the atmosphere.... Stay classy mr super pilot.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:12   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Yeah, how does that work? They can't have gotten more than a few thousand people down there. You're supposed to need more than that to build a planet conquering war machine.
Sleeper cells. See Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory and Gundam Unicornl
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 11:42   Link #91
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
Btw Asemu is quite the dick ain't he? His bro saves him from the giant piece of debris and instead of returning the favor by using his gundam's reentry capability he just let's zeheart burn in the atmosphere.... Stay classy mr super pilot.
What? Right when he's hit, Asemu head straight to his position but couldn't reach him.
Old 2012-04-16, 11:51   Link #92
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
What? Right when he's hit, Asemu head straight to his position but couldn't reach him.
That and didn't zeheart use Asemu good will to finish their Eden plan?
If anyone is di*k than it's Zeheart
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 12:30   Link #93
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
That and didn't zeheart use Asemu good will to finish their Eden plan?
If anyone is di*k than it's Zeheart
The "use the debris as cover" was a backup plan. They were just working together to prevent catastrophic damage to Earth.
Old 2012-04-16, 12:46   Link #94
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
The "use the debris as cover" was a backup plan. They were just working together to prevent catastrophic damage to Earth.
Just because it was backup plan doesn't change that Zeheart use Asemu to make sure that backup plan to invade the Earth will be successful.
Old 2012-04-16, 12:48   Link #95
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Um, how exactly was he using Asem? He went into the Downes to destroy it without knowing that Asem had entered as well, only finding out when he entered himself.
Old 2012-04-16, 15:06   Link #96
Gundamx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Um, how exactly was he using Asem? He went into the Downes to destroy it without knowing that Asem had entered as well, only finding out when he entered himself.
He use Asemu good intention against him...
Zeheart: You want to save Earth? Sure I know faster way!
but he forget to mention that it was their backup plan to send
Vegan spies and units to earth to invade it by destroying their own mother-ship.
(Asemu didn't even need to do anything.)

In the end Zeheart found useful pawn and use it to make sure that the backup plan
will be successful.

(It's just like reading novel where some mastermind controlling random character
without him even knowing it and what make it even more funny is that character
believe that he was doing it of his own free will till it become very late to do anything about it...)
Old 2012-04-16, 17:10   Link #97
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

... yeah, no. That doesn't qualify as using Asem to complete his goals.
Old 2012-04-16, 17:13   Link #98
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
He use Asemu good intention against him...
Zeheart: You want to save Earth? Sure I know faster way!
Not faster. Surer. His point was, without him, Asemu could get lost, and even if he didn't, would lack the firepower to destroy the fortress.

Quote:
but he forget to mention that it was their backup plan to send
Zeheart has a personal fondness for Asemu, and they shared a common goal of protecting Earth. It doesn't extend to outright betrayal of the Vagan cause, and why should it?

Well, I say that, but Zeheart saved Asemu when he really shouldn't have...

Quote:
Vegan spies and units to earth to invade it by destroying their own mother-ship.
(Asemu didn't even need to do anything.)

In the end Zeheart found useful pawn and use it to make sure that the backup plan
will be successful.
He might have used the extra carrying capacity, but I don't think he really needed it. It was more of a trust issue. He could have told Asemu "evacuate the fortress and leave it to me, I'll destroy it even if I die.", but would Asemu have listened to that?

Quote:
(It's just like reading novel where some mastermind controlling random character
without him even knowing it and what make it even more funny is that character
believe that he was doing it of his own free will till it become very late to do anything about it...)
Zeheart is the one who's being manipulated.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 19:05   Link #99
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not so much Zeheart "using" Asem. It's just that their goals were compatible.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 19:30   Link #100
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

yeah, their goals coincided, that's why they helped each other.

Tags
weekly episode discussion