AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-24, 14:36   Link #501
Rima-Chan
lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
I hope season 3 explores Nonoha more. She seemed so neglected in season 2 that I drifted away and haven't watched much of it. My second hope is for a romantic intensification between Kaito and her.
I'm hoping more for some actual new development between them too Thinking that this show won't have more then two seasons my hopes for it weren't that high, but with S3 on the way, you never know. Especially since we have no idea what's it's gonna be about. And I wouldn't try to predict it based on this season either - Orpheus ring and Freecell drama are over, so my guess is we're gonna get something unrelated to Orpheus bling or Kaito's past for once xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I just watched the last ep and it was so worth the wait!

It was a very good episode, from start to finish - just the right amount of everything, great resolution for Freecell & Co. (mostly), and most importantly, NONOHA FINALLY BECAME THE ACTUAL HEROINE oh god I can't even believe it. Also, she wore her hair down the whole episode! (almost) Thank you, Sunrise! (now draw Kaito with his hair down) And I'm not gonna lie, the part where Kaito and Freecell were solving the puzzle Freecell's mom left behind, with Nonoha watching them, actually made me tear up a little. Aaawww. I wish they'd been more consistent and paid more attention to Freecell's backstory, and started involving Nonoha earlier... ah well, it was still good. I hope we'll see some glimpses of how Freecell, Pinochle and the rest are doing in S3.
Agreed, this was overall good finale. It's perfectly final for this arc xD This story got proper closing :3
That scene where Kaito and Freecell were solving that puzzle with Nonoha watching really was touching <3 Best moment in whole episode to me. That and that scene with shota Kaito's speech in Freecell's closed off world.
Also YAAAY FOR NONOHA FINALLY BECOMING REAL HEROINE!! xDDDD I was starting to get sick a little from people saying that Anna is actual heroine. Damn, even Rook and Freecell are considered a heroine, even the staff were joking about it( or were they O__O) xDDD

Quote:
There were some "eeehh" things, really tiny things, though: for example that random Rook x Kaito fanservice at the end. Ehhhh.
I don't know, maybe animators were feeling bashful (or feverish xD) there was some blushing that didn't make sense to me. Like Anna blushing when Gammon started talking and while stuffing his mouth with those sweets xD (I'm surprised he didn't choke on them how viciously he was eating them xDDDDD) But Nonoha blushing at Kaito's words ("Come with me then, you can't complain if there's two of us'" or something like that) is completely justified <3 That tiny tiny Kainono moment made me almost forgive for the lack of it throughout the season...Almost

Quote:
I mean, And I'm sure I'm the only one who cares about Herbert but I would've loved to see at least a cameo. ;_; ) Herbert, I miss you and your beautiful hair and broken tea sets!
Aaah! You're not alone D: I too illogically miss Herbert's shiny hair and furniture abuse xDDDD

Quote:
And while it was funny to have two white haired pretty boys being obsessed with Kaito as the big bads for S1 and S2, I hope they'll stop at two and not add a third one... If they must have a Kaito-obsessed guy as the main villain at least give him black hair or something. But I'd like to see a villain who is not obsessed with Kaito, or at least obsessed in a different way.
Aa, I think so too :3 If anything, at least I hope for color scheme change xDD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diveman View Post

Why Nonoha was in that vision of the future or what happened to Jin
I think Nonoha was there mostly as clue to what really matters to Freecell's salvation and that's fulfilling actual promise with Kaito of solving Mom's puzzle, not crazy infinite tag puzzle xD and from Freecell's perspective probably his mother's real feelings. But none of this is actually confirmed and there are little clues overall even for characters to get this, so this is just wild guess...Phi Brain getting metaphorical and all...It is simple show, but it is about puzzles after all, so it's not surprising to make dreams of future into riddles xD

And yes, I hope too Jin will recover soon. He is one of important people to Kaito...His past at least..

Last edited by Rima-Chan; 2012-09-24 at 16:56.
Rima-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 16:00   Link #502
ShiroiRyu

Anyways, season 3 is for when ?
2013 ?
If we are not already dead ?
And yes, i want more Nonoha hair down.
Old 2012-09-25, 17:00   Link #503
Miraluka
Banned

Hell yes season 3.

I can't wait!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 17:10   Link #504
Diveman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Anyways, season 3 is for when ?
2013 ?
If we are not already dead ?
And yes, i want more Nonoha hair down.
Yep, if we're still alive we'll be watching Phi Brain 3 on 2013.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-25, 22:02   Link #505
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Just who know that puzzles could be so deadly and cant wait for season 3 as well as Sentai releasing this
Old 2012-10-05, 06:34   Link #506
Diveman

For those interested, the Phi Brain manga is starting to get translated into english. It should be in the usual manga sites on the internet. The expressions are much funnier than the anime.

also there are some differences like:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Diveman; 2012-10-05 at 09:17.
Diveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 18:27   Link #507
kuromitsu

Uwah... Satou Junichi has been tweeting about developing S3, and he's just posted the following:

"【ファイ・ブレイン】 気になるノノハのヒロイン度ですが。勿論みんなノノハにとても愛情を持っていますが、愛情を注げば注ぐほど ヒロインの座から滑り落ちていくような気がします。いたしかたなし。 #phibrain"

"I'm worried about Nonoha's position as the heroine. Of course everyone loves her, but the more love she gets [from the writing staff, I presume -kuro] the more she seems to slip from the heroine position... There's no helping it."

"【ファイ・ブレイン】逆にルークはどうやってもヒロイン度があがっ…おっと。第三期に既存キャラの誰が出 るかは公式の発表があるまで、しばしお待ち下さいませ〜。 #phibrain"

"On the other hand, no matter what Rook's heroine points are increa-- oops. It's not public yet which existing characters will appear in S3 so please wait for the official announcement~"

Gaah?! What? >__<) As someone who likes Nonoha a lot, this doesn't sound good. :/ She wasn't even a proper heroine, are they going to take even this away from her? And Rook again?! -__-) Please tell me Satou is just trolling...

In other news (very old news), they're holding a popularity contest so go to the link below and vote for Nonoha! Or vote for whoever you want, but I'm definitely voting for her. You have one vote per day, the contest is open until October 21th.

http://www.sunrise-anime.jp/enq/phibrain/

She's not going to win, obviously, but she really needs some love from fans right now. :/

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-10-13 at 18:43.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-13, 18:48   Link #508
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Hmm well I'n not one for the Nonoha side but I'm definitely not one for Rook. Please just let him search around the world for the Orpheus Rings or the replica rings or what have you. Less time around Kaito can only be a good thing from my point of view. My favorite is Ana so he gets my vote.
Old 2012-10-13, 18:48   Link #509
mayumi

This really sucks. if nonoha doesn't get much involvement they might as well ship her abroad somewhere so i wouldn't have to care for the anime.

like seriously can't they see how much she can be used and how story can be developed around her? sometimes this yaoi pairing shit really bites in animes. the fangirls are crazy.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 02:09   Link #510
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Nonoha's role has been slipping since season 2, now they're talking about minimizing her role more. Do they intent on making Kaito completely gay or something?
Old 2012-10-14, 04:04   Link #511
Rima-Chan
lurker

Spoiler for O______________________O:

m-m-NnnnnNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Spoiler for TuT:

Satojun better be trollng. If Nonoha's role lessens even more, yaoi vibes will skyrocket double-- I'm not sure if I can handle that -____-I like Rook to certain extent...Don't make me not like him please <,< Honestly, I found whole yaoi subtext tolerable because she was in the picture (barely xD), found it funny at times and whole puzzle plot idea looks appealing for some reason, but if only (actual xD) good female character completely "merges" with background....I'm not happy about this at all -__________-
Elena has her spot secured because she works for POG and can do puzzles but...AAAAArh! This news made me so mad and heartbroken T____T and here I was looking forward to summer T______________T

Oh I've been voting for her...almost every day. Apparently she's loved by..whom? Staff? Fandom? O,o I don't see it honestly...Is this the fate and treatment of loved characters!! Dx

Last edited by Rima-Chan; 2012-10-14 at 08:31.
Rima-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-14, 08:58   Link #512
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Bur even Elena has pretty much been friendzoned by Gammon. It'll take a lot from her to get him to really notice her, especially when he has his eyes fixed on Nonoiha.
Old 2013-01-01, 22:18   Link #513
LKK

A New Years 2013 picture

[Source]

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 01:14   Link #514
Crontica

HAHAHAHAHAHA i'm lovin' the news in this thread, while i don't outright despise Nanoha, if they can't outright give me a reason to like her they might as well put her on vacation.

It is either interrupted UST that i have seen so many times before or outright kicking her off the ship.
Old 2013-03-21, 13:37   Link #515
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
And here we have our new harem member antagonist!

Old 2013-03-21, 19:28   Link #516
Kakkou
Tch.

Larger image:

I'll just have a guess and say that the new guy has white hair with a chance of a broken promise with Kaito and left out in the rain.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-23, 04:47   Link #517
kuromitsu

This is just a doodle so it's not an official statement or anything, but it's still valid speculation I guess. They're showing reruns of S2, and perhaps S3 will start when that's over, that is, in October. Perhaps. xD (Well, they promised 2013 so at this point it's either fall or winter season. xD)

In the meanwhile, the staff continues to take special delight in tormenting poor Nonoha.

ETA:
Also, the Puzzle of Battle manga is apparently in S2 territory now. I wonder what it's like...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-06-23 at 07:17.
Old 2013-06-28, 14:44   Link #518
bastek66

Surprise, villain for 3rd season isn't a white haired bishounen

[CV: Chihara Minori]
Old 2013-06-28, 17:15   Link #519
kuromitsu

And the guy in the background? His voice is Nakata Jouji. *dies and goes to heaven*

The girl's name is Rachel(? Reitzel?) and apparently she'll be the main antagonist, with Nakata's character who is called Enigma. OMG... a GIRL? How scandalous!

Also, the official site now has a poll where you can vote for your favorite pair (1 vote/day). I'm SOOOO excited to see which pair wins!

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-06-28 at 19:42. Reason: oops, misread the twitter post
Old 2013-06-28, 18:36   Link #520
LKK

Quote:
Also, the official site now has a poll where you can vote for your favorite pair (1 vote/day). I'm SOOOO excited to see which pair wins!
For the Japanese illiterate among us, how do you vote for a pair? I tried clicking a pair but that didn't seem to do anything much.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote