AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-01-17, 19:10   Link #1
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Ultimate Naruto Game

So, if you could design the Ultimate Naruto Game what would yours be like?

I'd make a Strategy RPG (because the really cool powers are tough to use properly in a fighting/action game.

You'd start playing through Story Mode as Naruto's Team up through the Chuunin Exam. Then you'd play as the other teams (which would mean Kishimoto could give the back story on the other team's missions and how they fared without dedicating episodes to them.) and after completing all their side quests, you'd be able to form your own squad, and tear it up against other people's teams, or maybe pick 5 to fight the current manga scenario out as.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 19:24   Link #2
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

to be honest, i would just make a fighting game with a retardedly high amount of characters, even silly ones like Konohamaru and stuff

i would basically totally rip off the GC ones now, but have different special move levels and a different way to trigger them (acticvate the button and then a certain direction???)

i dunno, but games with really high amounts of players always drag me in
getting to play as everyone is fun
Kyoji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 19:28   Link #3
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
A MMORPG. It would be insane. :fingers:
Old 2004-01-17, 19:29   Link #4
Kamui4356
Aria Company

A Naruto dating sim.
Seriously though, a Naruto rpg could be great if it was made right. Trying to follow the plot of the manga/anime would be a mistake, imo. A well written side story would be better. If they do make one I hope they use a battle system similar to the Grandia games. It's the only turn based rpg series I've played that the battles were actually fun, and not just something to get past to see more of the story.
Old 2004-01-17, 19:30   Link #5
A Lamer
あほぉ&

I'd take either the doom 3 engine or the the latest unreal engine and make a nice fps mod. The guys at this naruto mod have a great concept for it down, however I'd do larger more intense maps, and include more characters than what they have planned.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 19:47   Link #6
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

a Naruto FPS?
doesnt sound right to me ^___________^
but if they make it work then WOOOO
Old 2004-01-17, 20:14   Link #7
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
a Naruto FPS?
doesnt sound right to me ^___________^
but if they make it work then WOOOO
Well, I dont know exactly what perspective they'll be using, but I'd be using 3rd person, ala Max Payne. That way you'd be able to see the taunts (in UT they also include animation, not just sound. So I could for instance have naruto do his sexy no jutsu, or do his white eyed anger/point thing.) and other interesting animations.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 20:15   Link #8
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoji
to be honest, i would just make a fighting game with a retardedly high amount of characters, even silly ones like Konohamaru and stuff

i would basically totally rip off the GC ones now, but have different special move levels and a different way to trigger them (acticvate the button and then a certain direction???)

i dunno, but games with really high amounts of players always drag me in
getting to play as everyone is fun
I like fighters with a lot of players, too, but the problem with a Naruto fighting game is that the Leaf ninjas are supposed to work as a team and stuff. With the fighting game you only cover the 1 v 1 (or possibly 2 v 2) aspects of the conflicts.

The GC fighting game, to be better, needs to be a console that can support more than 2 buttons of hits. Different specials would also be good.
Old 2004-01-17, 20:32   Link #9
htpcfan
L1: Lazy Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
I like fighters with a lot of players, too, but the problem with a Naruto fighting game is that the Leaf ninjas are supposed to work as a team and stuff. With the fighting game you only cover the 1 v 1 (or possibly 2 v 2) aspects of the conflicts.
Could be a KoF-type fighting game w/ strikers, assists and all...

I can totally see a Moegi-Udon-Konohamaru squad super special in my head now... argh...
htpcfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-17, 21:13   Link #10
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpcfan

I can totally see a Moegi-Udon-Konohamaru squad super special in my head now... argh...

that would be so good
i have to stop thinking about it, as it will probably never happen T_T and i don't want to get too excited
Old 2004-01-18, 00:01   Link #11
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by htpcfan

Strikers and assists don't make it a team fight...they make it a dishonorable 1 vs. 1 fight...
Old 2004-01-18, 13:10   Link #12
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

well, you can already have a 4 way battle in the GC one, a bit of fiddling and you could have proper team battles

big arenas would be needed though ^^;
Old 2004-01-19, 01:05   Link #13
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

I have to agree there... I have the GC game... the four player one.... it's fun and all.... but it's seriously lacking characters... I wouldn't mind seein a ridiculous amount of fighters.... then it would just get crazy!

But for the guy who said that they would like to MMORPG Naruto game... I have to agree with that too! Imagine walkin around and deciding to player kill some random people... then it breaks out into a massive and deadly fight in the forests and shit like that.... but granted... with current technology.... my ideal Naruto MMOPRG is impossible to create... so.......... just put more fighters in the Naruto GC game and I'm happy!