AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-18, 07:38   Link #4281
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Well, the DGM anime was an eye-opener. Kobayashi-san's voice as Allen was surprising to me (Lucy/Nyu from Elfen Lied is ALLEN?). But, to me, the R-16 duo as Kanda and Lavi nailed the series for me.

Actually, the Ghost of Martel arc opened one issue: It made Kanda's power growth later seem a little incredible. From not being able to handle a level 2 to owning them flat? Stretches the imagination a little. For the anime, Kuwashima Houko as Lala gets my thumbs up for one-arc characters. However, the queen of that particular part of the cast HAS to be Nazuka Kaori.
Old 2008-10-18, 08:38   Link #4282
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Well, the DGM anime was an eye-opener. Kobayashi-san's voice as Allen was surprising to me (Lucy/Nyu from Elfen Lied is ALLEN?). But, to me, the R-16 duo as Kanda and Lavi nailed the series for me.

Actually, the Ghost of Martel arc opened one issue: It made Kanda's power growth later seem a little incredible. From not being able to handle a level 2 to owning them flat? Stretches the imagination a little. For the anime, Kuwashima Houko as Lala gets my thumbs up for one-arc characters. However, the queen of that particular part of the cast HAS to be Nazuka Kaori.
The growth of Kanda was one thing I really noticed when rewatching that arc. Was down for such a long time after taking the hit from the level 2 and yet got up fairly quickly after taking a blast from a level 4 . Clearly his recovery time increased dramatically or else he was just slacking off during that arc.

Voices worked out pretty well for the series I felt.
Old 2008-10-18, 09:53   Link #4283
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Simple: Ghost of Martel was an awesome arc, the Rewinding Town was an awesome arc, whereas, in my opinion, Allen's encounter with the Earl was inferior to both of those. If it had been shown in the right order, then I'd say that would have made it more interesting, and I'd propably find the early episodes a lot more captivating. Though one good thing came of it: Having Lenalee's powers being introduced in an actual battle rather than against Komurin 2 made it a lot more interesting.

I disagree. After every high tension story should be followed up with a light story, but that's not the point. In the end it's purely a matter of preference.

See, what you're thinking, is that Allen's backstory is a 'boring' chapter that should be over and done with, but I see it as a crucial point in the story that should be properly presented.

The way I look at it is this; The anime planted a question in the mind of the viewers- Who is Mana? What is his relationship with Allen? They let it seat in their minds for awhile... After sometime then they reveal and confront the history between Allen and Earl- Basically it makes for better drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Actually, the Ghost of Martel arc opened one issue: It made Kanda's power growth later seem a little incredible. From not being able to handle a level 2 to owning them flat?
You forget the Kanda practically disappeared from the screen for a really long time.

There's plenty of time for him to train up.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 10:11   Link #4284
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*yawn* Had free time and recently been unfortunate, so decided to post my thoughts on the anime... How long has it been since that last episode...

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 13:52   Link #4285
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Anyone got hot pics of Lenalee?
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-18, 14:16   Link #4286
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Voices worked out pretty well for the series I felt.
Very true. While i've been catching up with the manga over the past few weeks, i can just voice the characters in my head with their VA's. It's always loads of fun that way, and when re-read a volume i make sure i have the right tracks in order which were used in the anime. I can be quite strange like that sometimes.

Speaking of the manga, it's pretty crazy reading it now ans spotting out what the anime added. Like the Edo arc, and how much more action the anime added into it.

Either way like always i treat anime adaptations differently to their source material, and i love both just as much.

The art in the manga though, GOD. Katsura Hoshino is by far becoming one of my favorite artists.
Old 2008-10-18, 23:10   Link #4287
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Very true. While i've been catching up with the manga over the past few weeks, i can just voice the characters in my head with their VA's. It's always loads of fun that way, and when re-read a volume i make sure i have the right tracks in order which were used in the anime. I can be quite strange like that sometimes.

Speaking of the manga, it's pretty crazy reading it now ans spotting out what the anime added. Like the Edo arc, and how much more action the anime added into it.

Either way like always i treat anime adaptations differently to their source material, and i love both just as much.

The art in the manga though, GOD. Katsura Hoshino is by far becoming one of my favorite artists.
Don't worry,you're not the only one. I even voice the characters in my head for the newest chapter that just came out every weeks and I had a lot of fun with it-make it interesting to read.

I also treat anime adaptations differently.In actual,I can't really compare it cause the anime had their good(detail) and also the manga(faster).So, I extremely love both the anime and manga.My top 1 list.

I also enjoy the art in the manga.Though sometimes I'm not sure how people dislike or hate it?
andrewsch5658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-19, 01:21   Link #4288
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*yawn* Had free time and recently been unfortunate, so decided to post my thoughts on the anime... How long has it been since that last episode...

Spoiler for final thoughts:
Well, all I can say is: too bad. The fun is just beginning. I really have to.... observe the outcome, to quote one of my favourite manga/anime characters.

You are not alone in hating Central.

Finally, if you're expecting anything ground-breaking with SJ titles, I think it's safe to say that you'll be eventually disappointed. Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro? Even with Koyasu as the lead, I couldn't get into the series. Not at all. While I like to spoof the tropes used in DGM, in the end, it's all good fun.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2008-10-19 at 01:31.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 17:06   Link #4289
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

For people who have questions about a further continuation to D.Gray-man you can check the following link below:

Will there be more D.Gray-Man anime?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 10:04   Link #4290
yang_wen_lee

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
For people who have questions about a further continuation to D.Gray-man you can check the following link below:

Hi...

I like this anime very much

I don't think it will stop here...

Thank's for the link

Se Yaa
yang_wen_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 15:56   Link #4291
kauldron26
Med Student

so i will be starting my d gray marathon this weekend. please tell me which eps are fillers? i know eps 24-35, and 40-50 are fillers. are there more?
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-22, 18:25   Link #4292
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Some of the fillers are novel-material. So, the "witch" arc and "Those who sell souls" arc should be given a shot.
Old 2008-10-22, 20:51   Link #4293
andrewsch5658
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post

Thanks for the link too.

So, it's kind of strange that they haven't decided yet?

I really do hope they continue it in the future. I don't mind if they want to wait until the manga is over. Just don't be those that become incomplete with many questions left over-rave master for example.Also others saying Inuyahsa(sorry if I spell wrong since I don't know much about this anime)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yang_wen_lee View Post
Hi...

I like this anime very much

I don't think it will stop here...

Thank's for the link

Se Yaa
I love this anime very much. I hope you're right-continue in the future.
More D.Gray Man please.
Old 2008-10-22, 21:06   Link #4294
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
so i will be starting my d gray marathon this weekend. please tell me which eps are fillers? i know eps 24-35, and 40-50 are fillers. are there more?

Ahh... D.Gray-man's fillers aren't as simple as that... A good number of them have manga information within them... So if you skip those, you'll be in trouble when you start the second season...

To be honest, novel chapters are optional, but they have better stories that fleshes out the story in general.

*Crack knuckles*

Let's see... Watch episode 25 to 30.
---------------------------------------------

1. 25 and 26 deals with General Yeager, I don't care what anyone else says, the anime gave him a background story which can only be a good thing. In addition, we get to see how it actually happen, rather than being told off-handedly. So it's not really fillers.

2. Episode 27 involves Allen and Cross, mostly scenes from his traumatic times with the General But also, his first Akuma kill after Mana. Optional, but it tells a good story.

3. Episode 28 is my personal favorite. Yes it's a filler, but damnit it's the best Krory character development episode as he deals with the full meaning of being an Exorcists. Optional, but strongly advise to watch.

4. Episode 29 to 30 is the "Broker" Arc, or "Those who sell souls". I read the novel chapter as well and thought is was rather well done.

( Skip episode 31 & 32 please... ESPECIALLY 32... )

Watch episode 33 to 40...
---------------------------------

5. Episode 33 to 34 is the "Witch in the Forest" arc, another story from the novel, but this one involves Kanda. Another very well written story.

6. Episode 35 involves fleshing out Soman Dark's character, to give his arc later more impact... I strongly advise to watch this.

7. Episode 36 to 40 is a strong mix of filler with cannon material and information. If I were to say, I strongly recommend you to watch it as very important revelations are taking place here. But I wouldn't lie, some parts might not be very desirable, and episode 40 is pretty much a recap until the last 5 minutes.

8. Episode 41 to 50 are fillers. However this deals with a new Noah, Lulubell. This is really a hit or miss arc. Some people like it, some people don't, some like only a few episodes. For me? I like the last 4 episodes the most.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2008-10-22 at 21:18.
Old 2008-10-22, 21:11   Link #4295
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Nice job on the breakdown Chaos. Might help whenever I actually have time to rewatch the series .

It was good to give background, but that General Yeager fight completely messed with my perceptions. After that thought the Generals really weren't that strong at all. Then you start seeing guys like Cross in action and you wonder if Yeager really was a General or not.
Old 2008-10-22, 21:25   Link #4296
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Nice job on the breakdown Chaos. Might help whenever I actually have time to rewatch the series .
Thanks, I've been meaning to do this for sometime now

Quote:
It was good to give background, but that General Yeager fight completely messed with my perceptions. After that thought the Generals really weren't that strong at all. Then you start seeing guys like Cross in action and you wonder if Yeager really was a General or not.
I get the feeling that Cross is a big exception... But that's just me

But to be fair, he wasn't brought down by the Akuma, but rather by Road's mind-screw, which can really happen to the best of us, general or not. Yeager's greatest weakness was his conscience... Something that Cross doesn't have a problem with

The truth is, Yeager was officially killed by Tykki in the manga, considering that it would mean he's weaker than Tykki. But if Road was there, then it would seem alot more plausible.
Old 2008-10-22, 21:29   Link #4297
andrewsch5658
*Author

General Yeager background is kind of normal but never the less,sad one. The fight is actually well done IMO.People actually complain about his power but his opponent is 2 noahs, so it can't be help. His power is actually quite powerful IMO.

Well,if your're in a boring mood or unhappy about something, you can watch episode 31 and 32 as ther're filler that let you relax down,at least to me.

Even though episode 40, I quite like it as it kind of give info for what Allen had gone through in the first 40 episode.

Well, episode 41 is actually kind of a recap episode to me too, with new noahs introduced. The quality is not that good but not that bad too.

Episode 40-50 actually had story progessing but at a very slow rate IMO. Just as Chaos2Frozen stated, some people like it while some don't. For me, I think episode 41,43,45,47 and 49 and did a lot better but it's still fine with me.
Old 2008-10-23, 06:46   Link #4298
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The truth is, Yeager was officially killed by Tykki in the manga, considering that it would mean he's weaker than Tykki. But if Road was there, then it would seem alot more plausible.
While reading the manga and coming across that part, my first thought was that Yeager's death was just left up to our imagination, and i'm fine with that, though i do rather like how the anime shows his death.

Adding Road into the fight slims down the 'so Yeager wasn't that strong after all'.
Old 2008-10-23, 06:58   Link #4299
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
While reading the manga and coming across that part, my first thought was that Yeager's death was just left up to our imagination, and i'm fine with that, though i do rather like how the anime shows his death.
You're right, it was in the beginning, but later they also revealed that he died from having his heart removed.
Old 2008-10-23, 07:04   Link #4300
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You're right, it was in the beginning, but later they also revealed that he died from having his heart removed.
As I remembered it, Komui said that (Chap 29) the general died from his wounds, but not before singing the song which Road was singing.

Tags
action, gothic, shounen, steampunk