AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-08-21, 02:29   Link #81
blewin

I'm interested in watching the anime, but can somebody tell me whether this anime is like Naruto or Bleach with characters powering up and fighting one on one battle all the way through? because if so, I'm not gonna watch it.
Old 2008-08-21, 12:29   Link #82
kagato3

While there is some of that fights tend to be short and dymanic rarely lasting more then an ep rather then the old dbz lets stand here for a season powering up. There realy isn't a huge focus on trying to get stronger and most of the "power ups" are not very good for the user. I would compare it with FMA in terms of how the seires flows.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-08-21, 19:59   Link #83
blewin

thanks. That sounds promising. And also, does anyone know how long this anime will go for?
Old 2008-08-22, 00:35   Link #84
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
thanks. That sounds promising. And also, does anyone know how long this anime will go for?
51 episodes according to the DVD release schedule.
Old 2008-08-28, 00:34   Link #85
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I'm interested in watching the anime, but can somebody tell me whether this anime is like Naruto or Bleach with characters powering up and fighting one on one battle all the way through? because if so, I'm not gonna watch it.
It definitely *isn't* of the same flavor of either of those.... the fights are important but they blend into the story being told rather than being the main focus. The first pack of episodes actually spend a lot of time defining who these people are.

I'm not a real fan of fighting action anime - but I've enjoyed this series a lot so far.
Old 2008-08-29, 17:08   Link #86
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

who is chrona's father?
Old 2008-08-29, 18:09   Link #87
lmd_84

On that...

Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-01, 06:59   Link #88
bobo_vivi

Q. i know this was alreay anwseared to 51 ep BUT could there be a possiblity that it will run as long as Bleach,naruto, one piece ?? cause it is really goood ^^ I mean when Naruto or bleach first started didnt they say it was only going to be 20 something eps? ehehe a big fan of soul eater^^
Old 2008-09-02, 05:46   Link #89

erm, what episode will the anime show to ? will they follow the manga ?
Old 2008-09-02, 06:50   Link #90
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312645978 View Post
Well right now the manga has about 52 chapters and the anime has 22 eps and it is far far away from the manga and the manga doesnt seem like it is going to end soon so I think it might be like 70 eps but then again it could stop at 51 and then like Air Gear and Tenjou Tenge you have to read the manga to continue the series
Old 2008-09-02, 06:53   Link #91
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by 312645978 View Post
The anime is planned for 51 episodes. It's unknown if they'll continue to follow the manga, but considering that these are the people who made Fullmetal Alchemist and that didn't follow the manga, I think it's quite likely that they'll diverge at some point.
Old 2008-09-02, 11:08   Link #92

Thanks for letting me know.
i really wish they could continue ~
Old 2008-09-04, 20:29   Link #93
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
The anime is planned for 51 episodes. It's unknown if they'll continue to follow the manga, but considering that these are the people who made Fullmetal Alchemist and that didn't follow the manga, I think it's quite likely that they'll diverge at some point.
True but FMA started divergeing around ep 4 or so. So far, as of the previews for 24, there has been no major, and very few minor, differnces between the anime and manga. I'm thinking we will either get a gecko ending or maybe a year or so break to get a third season.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2008-09-06, 14:58   Link #94
Subliminal Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
51 episodes according to the DVD release schedule.
Aw, that doesn't sound like a lot to cover. I hope by some miracle they'll extend it cause it looks like one long and intricate story.
Old 2008-09-08, 01:32   Link #95
kagato3

currently there are only 52 chapters out (well 56 if you count the 3 chapter 0's that were the first 3 eps and Hero's chapter) since it is a monthly title so by ep 51 there realy won't be much more to the story that has been released.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:58   Link #96
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

What is this Demon Slayer Wavelength..?
Old 2008-09-17, 15:57   Link #97
amjzz

So...after see the second fight of maka with chrona...(ep 21) i have to ask.....is chrona a boy or a girl?.
Old 2008-09-17, 23:11   Link #98
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
So...after see the second fight of maka with chrona...(ep 21) i have to ask.....is chrona a boy or a girl?.
We realy aren't sure. The manga plays it as a running joke they always use gender neutral trems for her/him. I feel that Chrona is female do to the name being the female verison of Chronous and a lot of how "she " acts.
Old 2008-09-18, 03:35   Link #99
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagato3 View Post
True but FMA started divergeing around ep 4 or so. So far, as of the previews for 24, there has been no major, and very few minor, differnces between the anime and manga. I'm thinking we will either get a gecko ending or maybe a year or so break to get a third season.
Meh, that depends on sales and demand. Eureka 7 and FMA were the longest shows BONES has done.

Generally speaking, non shonen shows/franchises that run for longer than 50 eps (one year weekly on tv) are shows that are VERY VERY well supported by the otaku audience.
Like School Rumble or the "Mai" franchise.

Ouran was a more otaku oriented show (although the network that aired it isn't known for airing otaku anime) done by the essentially the same staff as Soul Eater. The Ouran manga is still running, while the anime ended at 26 eps. I didn't finish Ouran all the way through, could anyone who looked at both anime and manga comment on similarities/differences. I ask because I think Soul Eater will turn out like Ouran (coming up with it's own little ending while the manga is still running) as opposed to FMA which was for the most part a reinterpretation of the manga and less of an adaption.

My opinion, unless the show is A HUGE BLOWOUT sales wise, don't expect anything more than 50 eps. Doesn't seem to be making any real huge waves in either youth or otaky audience circles.
Old 2008-09-23, 03:07   Link #100
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

uhhh, uhm I didn't understand how Maka got the black blood
so how did she got it again?

Closed Thread

Tags
q&a