AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-01-29, 20:06   Link #3261
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Just had the time to read 129.

Thank goodness! I don't think I can stand another scene of Shiori's yaoi vision triggering.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 20:15   Link #3262
Seihai
スマイリウム

And you're fine about Yui's ideal image of Keima wearing a girl's uniform and basically creating a crossdressing-couple-relationship?
Old 2011-01-29, 20:24   Link #3263
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
And you're fine about Yui's ideal image of Keima wearing a girl's uniform and basically creating a crossdressing-couple-relationship?
I think it is hilarious that Keima becomes a reverse trap and Yui is one hell of a cross-dressing bishie, but I DO NOT AGREE that Shiori is imagining things about them being together!

On the other hand, if Shiori fell in love with both of them, it would be cute. Just hope that she doesn't want a threesome.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2011-01-29, 23:52   Link #3264
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Or he can marry all the girls he conquered. Thus a happy ending ^^.

And seconds later, Haqua is hugging Keima's severed head... on a boat.... Nice b-

Makoto: Hey.
Old 2011-01-30, 01:12   Link #3265
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I find it a little curious that no one seems to have any problem with Keima potentially being forced to crossdress, or Yui or Shiori potentially "batting for the other team", but (with a few exceptions) God forbid Yui actually "takes the lead" in the hunt for straight romance. The uniform isn't even the issue, since there have been plenty of crossdressing, yet "sufficiently girly" female students in the past. I know Japan itself is still in the Dark Ages when it comes to the idea of strong-minded women (in fact, that carries a fair bit of the inherent humor), but is the rest of the fandom really this misogynistic?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Y'know, I think it would be pretty funny and a huge troll for Wakaki to make Yui the only girl of the 5 that just so happens not to have a goddess. xD

Then her affection would actually be her following her feelings despite not remembering anything, which would make things even more complicated. =P
My money is on either Ayumi or Chihiro (or both) having been prime examples of this from day one. I also expect every girl to end up with some degree of this by the end (Shiori's already well on her way).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yusei Fudo View Post
so who do you think doesn't have a goddess inside her? I am going to guess Tamiki Wakaki made the popular girls have goddess. IDK who is more popular than who.
Dear God I hope not. Fan pandering is (one of) the cancer(s) that is(/are) killing anime and manga. This manga, at least, has enough smart writing behind it, and enough interesting characters in it, that there's no need anyway.

Hell, if (hypothetically) Yui ends up being the only goddess out of Keima's current "final" five, and the portion of the slavering horde who picked up the series due to the slanted anime adaptation can't parse her lack of traditional moe through their narrow skulls and decide to quit following the series, then good riddance. The MangaFox forums will certainly get a lot more readable, as will the episode threads here, and I can quit worrying that this is going to turn into "K-on with demons"...
Old 2011-01-30, 06:08   Link #3266
AlaAlba

Spoiler for 130:

I'm growing really tired and annoyed with Yui, she destroyed Shiori event not for once but twice! Curse her!
for one, Yui boy is sucks, on top of that, she forces her damn crossdressing hobby to Keima. keep your hobby to yourself, geez...
and she evolved from an ojousama to an egoistic-I-dont-listen-to-anyone asshole

I dislikes crossdressing in any anime, manga or anything btw.

Last edited by AlaAlba; 2011-01-30 at 06:19.
AlaAlba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 06:18   Link #3267
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaAlba View Post
Spoiler for 130:
Kami
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-30, 07:33   Link #3268
AlaAlba

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Kami
Spoiler:
Spoiler for keima:
Old 2011-01-30, 08:20   Link #3269
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
I'm growing really tired and annoyed with Yui, she destroyed Shiori event not for once but twice! Curse her!
for one, Yui boy is sucks, on top of that, she forces her damn crossdressing hobby to Keima. keep your hobby to yourself, geez...
and she evolved from an ojousama to an egoistic-I-dont-listen-to-anyone asshole
Yet Keima is similarly egotistical at least once per arc, and that's okay? Personally I think this makes Yui much more interesting even if she doesn't end up having a goddess. And it's not like we don't know she's still just as much a bishoujo without that male uni as she is a bishounen while wearing it.

And of course it's funny as hell, not least of which because of the predictably scared and confused hypocritical rantings of some of the "fans". ^_^
Old 2011-01-30, 08:36   Link #3270
tsunade666

Quote:
Spoiler for keima:
so in the spoiler
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-30, 09:17   Link #3271
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for spoiler:

Old 2011-01-30, 09:36   Link #3272
AlaAlba

Quote:
so in the spoiler
Spoiler:
Spoiler for kami:
Old 2011-01-30, 11:06   Link #3273
tsunade666

Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-30, 15:59   Link #3274
NecocYaotl

Love how some people in 2ch and livedoor bbs never try to spell Fiore's name right. They call her
Fi-nanchara, Fi-nantoka-san (Fi-something), Fillet, Fillet Fish, Chicken Fillet, Fish Fillet, Sky Fish, Finale, Ferret, Fish Nugget, Finora, Fione, Filora, Fiorentina of Batistuta, Fish and Chip, Chicken Tatsuta, Teriyaki Chicken, Big Mac, Fjord, Finfannel, Finland, Sheolfia, Grandfisher, Buster Oranger Robo, Filionel, Philadelphia, Finol, Findex, Shining Finger etc
and for her full name
Financier Claim Brule, Fileo Lotteria Labyori, Finale Lotteria Rendry, Fiore Filletfish Chickenfillet, Cafe-au-lait Lotteria Ebi-doria etc

進撃の巨人

Last edited by NecocYaotl; 2011-01-30 at 16:23.
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 16:16   Link #3275
Seihai
スマイリウム

Wow... but how come?
Old 2011-01-30, 16:27   Link #3276
NecocYaotl

It's just them playing with her name. At first I thought it's because they hate her so much that they refuse to spell her name right, but it has become somewhat a joke around Kamishiru fan.
They even use the Fillet name when they vote for her in the popularity poll held by Wakaki some time ago.

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 07:12   Link #3277
tsunade666

by why fillet? is fillet sounded the same or kanji same as fiore?
Old 2011-01-31, 21:51   Link #3278
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Quote:
by why fillet? is fillet sounded the same or kanji same as fiore?
No kanji. フィオーレ is Fiore's name. I don't go around Japanese boards, but I think they just cut out the long "o" sound?
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 23:21   Link #3279
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
No kanji. フィオーレ is Fiore's name. I don't go around Japanese boards, but I think they just cut out the long "o" sound?
lol some things just don't translate to English.
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-01, 06:02   Link #3280
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Spoiler for c130:

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen