Shanacon/Ariafag

also...Yuuhi is actually Yuhi
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-31, 13:15   Link #302
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Yeah, I agree that we should go with Tohsaka over Tousaka if we didn't use bars.

If the licensing companies make it Yuhi then it's Yuhi. However, the romanization of the name will be Katagiri Yūhi.
Old 2008-12-31, 13:35   Link #303
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

So many differences that are just not covered within the English language...or are, but have three or more different ways of doing the same thing.
Old 2008-12-31, 13:58   Link #304
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Yeah, I agree that we should go with Tohsaka over Tousaka if we didn't use bars.

If the licensing companies make it Yuhi then it's Yuhi. However, the romanization of the name will be Katagiri Yūhi.
And I will never get over dealing with Yuhi over Yuuhi, much as I detest Fuuko over Fuko, which is a contradiction in my logic. Hence why I allowed the use of bars...

And I absolutely hate "Tousaka"...
Old 2008-12-31, 14:00   Link #305
imbehindyou
turn around...

Needs to be fixed:

C.C.
Korean Best 2007: (Seventh Place)
Round of Sixteen: 1090-1123 to Teletha Testarossa (Full Metal Panic!)

Korean Super Best 06-07: (Fourteenth Place)
Semfinals: 1139-1143 to Kōsaka Tamaki (To Heart 2)

C.C. lost to Tamaki in Korean Best 2007, not Super Best

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2008-12-31, 14:39   Link #306
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
also...Yuuhi is actually Yuhi
Look again.

http://www.mmv.co.jp/special/akasaka/

The furigana (small characters above the kanji at the top) is ゆうひ... yu-u-hi.

[edit]- Hepburn romanization is unnecessary for names, IMO. It's fine for general language, but in this case we're talking about personal names being used in context with fandom of anime. As anime enthusiasts we should know that ALL vowels in Japanese are pronounced the same, and the double vowel does not change the sound, it prolongs it... gives it an extra "beat." Not only that, anyone who cares should have seen at least a sampling of each anime and should know how the girls' names are pronounced from hearing it first hand.

Saimoe is an event that draws people with above average enthusiasm for girls in anime, those who should be interested in knowing this. Dragging in Hepburn just waters down the uniqueness of it.

I know none of that will change the decision to use Hepburn, but that's my take on it.

Last edited by Mushi; 2008-12-31 at 14:54.
Old 2008-12-31, 14:52   Link #307
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

I don't really have any intention of participating in this sort of thing anymore but I am probably gonna end up nominating Sawatari Makoto just so that club on MAL will finally leave me alone. On second thought if she gets in I will probably be spammed by more Vote for Makoto messages. Yeah, I could just leave the club, but I feel I am a very valuable member, having been recruited just for having Kanon on my favorites and never having said a word to any member or participated in any way. Yep, I'd be missed for sure.
Old 2008-12-31, 15:06   Link #308
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Is it necessary to write the full name on the nomination chart? Like (example) Takamachi Nanoha or would it be enough to write the first name and series only? I dont know the last name of about 50% on my more or less finalized list (though I could google it) so well, something to make (my) life easier.
Old 2008-12-31, 16:06   Link #309
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I don't really have any intention of participating in this sort of thing anymore but I am probably gonna end up nominating Sawatari Makoto just so that club on MAL will finally leave me alone. On second thought if she gets in I will probably be spammed by more Vote for Makoto messages. Yeah, I could just leave the club, but I feel I am a very valuable member, having been recruited just for having Kanon on my favorites and never having said a word to any member or participated in any way. Yep, I'd be missed for sure.
Simply uncheck the box that sends MAL messages to your E-mail. Problem solved.

I'm sure Messages you're never notified of, or need to open...are going to keep you awake at night.

tl;dr - ISML is fun, don't quit.
Old 2008-12-31, 16:17   Link #310
Kit-Tsukasa

Quote:
lol you got that message too XD

So 37 characters already preset....doesn't that mean 27 open nomination slots anyways...still deciding on my 8 that I'll be nominating...changed a lot recently, especially with Yomi moving up on my list with Hayami, Sheryl Nome, and Ranka Lee... Despite how much I like Yuuhi, Akane-iro simply left a horrible taste after seeing the final episode yesterday...

Since Yami and Fate are already in, might as well as nominate Eve too XD

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Old 2008-12-31, 16:44   Link #311
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit-Tsukasa View Post
Despite how much I like Yuuhi, Akane-iro simply left a horrible taste after seeing the final episode yesterday...
Meh... I saw it coming at the end of episode 11. It wasn't a surprise and it didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the series... as weak as it was in many areas.

While I had a few "Minato love" moments, Yuuhi was the main reason for sticking with it. Some of her dere moments are just the best anywhere, and her occasional self-reflection and sincerity really pushed her above the others. Her character design is awesome.

Man, the more I think about her, the higher up the list she goes. Rie Kugimiya LUUUUUUVVVVVVV!
Old 2008-12-31, 16:49   Link #312
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Simply uncheck the box that sends MAL messages to your E-mail. Problem solved.

I'm sure Messages you're never notified of, or need to open...are going to keep you awake at night.

tl;dr - ISML is fun, don't quit.
Nah, can't turn them off, it's almost like a game now. It's typically like: "Wow, I have a message. I wonder if someone has...oh, no, it's just Auu~ Makotoism again." In all seriousness though I don't actually mind, I just find it really funny how many messages they actually send out.

Bit late for that, I already quit a long time ago. This is my first time even looking at the thread since September - I don't even know the results of that elimination thing. I could see this slowly turning me into a monster and I am not going back down that road, not to mention I got tired of reading all the Clannad insults and getting neg-repped for liking it (not necessarily in this thread but in others).
Old 2008-12-31, 17:39   Link #313
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Since CLANNAD is a staple of ISML now, I doubt it will remain as bad critic-wise. Also there are at least two more (possibly four) CLANNAD girls that have a probably chance of being nominated for their performances in After Story (well Mei for her Episode 23 lulz as well as her After Story "Onii-chan" phase).

However that will depend on the nominations, but with 27 slots to fill, the chances are quite good.
Old 2008-12-31, 18:26   Link #314
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit-Tsukasa View Post
Despite how much I like Yuuhi, Akane-iro simply left a horrible taste after seeing the final episode yesterday...
Meh... I saw it coming at the end of episode 11. It wasn't a surprise and it didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the series... as weak as it was in many areas.

While I had a few "Minato love" moments, Yuuhi was the main reason for sticking with it. Some of her dere moments are just the best anywhere, and her occasional self-reflection and sincerity really pushed her above the others. Her character design is awesome.

Man, the more I think about her, the higher up the list she goes. Rie Kugimiya LUUUUUUVVVVVVV!
I agree here....Yuuhi was just the better character overall especially after her reflection. The only reason I finished that forsaken anime
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2008-12-31, 18:28   Link #315
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Since CLANNAD is a staple of ISML now, I doubt it will remain as bad critic-wise. Also there are at least two more (possibly four) CLANNAD girls that have a probably chance of being nominated for their performances in After Story (well Mei for her Episode 23 lulz as well as her After Story "Onii-chan" phase).

However that will depend on the nominations, but with 27 slots to fill, the chances are quite good.
That's not what I meant, the representation is fine. I was talking about the "lol Clannad is bad because it and KyoAni in general are popular and I am cool/intelligent/better for hating something a lot of people like," etc. In fact, increasing the representation by adding Mei/Yukine/whoever will just bring more of those people out of the woodwork, automatically hate voting the series because it "has too many characters in the tournament".

And yeah I realize I am posting a lot in a thread I said I abandoned; I try not to ignore people who reply to me though, heh.
Old 2008-12-31, 19:04   Link #316
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
That's not what I meant, the representation is fine. I was talking about the "lol Clannad is bad because it and KyoAni in general are popular and I am cool/intelligent/better for hating something a lot of people like," etc. In fact, increasing the representation by adding Mei/Yukine/whoever will just bring more of those people out of the woodwork, automatically hate voting the series because it "has too many characters in the tournament".

And yeah I realize I am posting a lot in a thread I said I abandoned; I try not to ignore people who reply to me though, heh.
If it makes you feel better: Kotomi >| Remaining Clannad.
Old 2008-12-31, 19:17   Link #317
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

KyoAni kicks ass. Everything they do is excellent and all of the characters they bring to life are highly memorable.

Unless I think of another to bump her, Mei gets a few points from me just for the "onii-chan" stuff. Too precious to ignore.
Spoiler for Mei:
Old 2008-12-31, 19:34   Link #318
imbehindyou
turn around...

So.. only about 4 1/2 hours until nomination starts

My finalized list:

10 - Yin (Darker than Black)
8 - Yagami Hayate (Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's)
6 - Alicia Florence (ARIA Series)
5 - Kamio Misuzu (AIR)
4 - Minami Chiaki (Minami-ke)
3 - Sannomiya Shiho (Zettai Karen Children)
2 - Hinamori Amu (Shugo Chara!)
1 - Shinku (Rozen Maiden)

yuuki kanade @ fortune arterial
Old 2008-12-31, 20:05   Link #319
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Hm..I should prepare my nomination list as well. Nothing really comes to mind at the moment since my #1 is already guaranteed in. \o/

edit: Yin and Hayate possibly. (referencing at imbehindyou's post)

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2008-12-31, 21:43   Link #320
uis

Geez.... *still making my list...*

edit: i want to see Nia fan crazyness again in nomination lol...

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-

Last edited by uis; 2008-12-31 at 22:30.
Closed Thread

Tags
international, saimoe