Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-07, 10:06   Link #21
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Kind of related to the above response, but the WG/Yonkou probably won't be aware of Shira's power right away. I mean if that were the case, they should have done something when Otohime was alive (recall a world noble even saw her ability in action back then). And if they DID know about it, how do we know the elders wouldn't just conceal the info like they did after Blackbeard busted all those super-criminals out of prison.....?
Yeah, as of now, it seems like only Neptune and his sons as well as Hodi and Vanderdecken (both imprisoned) are aware of her powers, so she's relatively safe. Having her join the strawhats would only draw attention to her and put her in danger instead. I think it's better for her to stay at fishman island, a place where lots of seakings are roaming around and can answer her call quickly, and where there is a whole army (although pretty useless from what we've seen) and Jimbe at her disposal. That's the main reason I think she won't join yet. I'm sure she'll play a huge later in the story however, what with being a ancient weapon and all. The prophecy pretty much said she will help Luffy change the face of the world.

Furthermore, you could argue she's too strong to join the crew at the moment. People already had that problem with Jimbe, so an ancient weapon...
Old 2011-12-07, 10:14   Link #22
Homura7

You guys should read Otohime's statements about Shira's power again. If she joins (I believe she will), her power won't ever be used to destroy, it will be used to help and to saves thousands of lives. The legend said that a man would come and would guide the Mermaid Princess to use her powers properly. It's written there, in bad hands her power have the capability to sink everything into the ocean, but in good hands it can bring a big change to the World.

Didn't you see just now how her powers saved the island?

What really worries Neptune, most likely is the fear that one day his daughter might snap out and destroy everything.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:19   Link #23
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
What really worries Neptune, most likely is the fear that one day his daughter might snap out and destroy everything.
And that's the whole point; she has the capability of mass destruction. How she uses her powers is another story, but regardless the potential is there, and it's an alarming danger. That being said, Shira may have to one day resort to destructive means in order to save those she loves/cares about. That's what Oda is emphasizing here.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:27   Link #24
ronin myael
lost ronin

maybe joy boy is from that ancient kingdom that was destroyed and he and his kinsmen built pluton to destroy this poseidon if it becomes a threat to the world. maybe that's what he was apologizing for. it's just a theory though. as for what the noah's main purpose is, i don't really know. maybe it's meant to carry the mermaid princess.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:29   Link #25
Homura7

So true, and staying home won't do her anything good. Let's say one day something terrible happens and she snaps out. The result? Fishman Island destroyed and the WG receiving the new afterwards.

Maybe I'm the only one who knows this but, I think that the real reason why Neptune locked Shirahoshi into that specific place, was because the walls surrounding her prevented her voice from going outside.

You all guys remember this, right? When the Ministers informed the King that Shirahoshi got upset again. He was really pissed, and now we know why.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:33   Link #26
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adan View Post
Maybe I'm the only one who knows this but, I think that the real reason why Neptune locked Shirahoshi into that specific place, was because the walls surrounding her prevented her voice to reach the outside.

You all guys remember this, right? When the Ministers informed the King that Shirahoshi got upset again. He was really pissed, and now we know why.
In hindsight, you may be right about this. At the time, the reasoning for her confinement was to protect her from Decken's thrown objects targeting her, but what you mentioned may ultimately be the real reason for her being locked up.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:38   Link #27
Homura7

^Yep. I don't think he would be that worried if the reason for her confinement was just because of Decken's curse.
Old 2011-12-07, 10:46   Link #28
yakumo-chan

Shirahoshi the next crewmate!??? Oh shit!!! what about spongebob!!!??
Old 2011-12-07, 10:51   Link #29
Homura7

Think Caribou is currently hiding in some place inside the palace?
Old 2011-12-07, 10:57   Link #30
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

The form poseidon took makes for interesting speculation.

If the ancient WMD were hereditary abilities instead of real weapons, the rest of the story could turn out to be about collecting these people/abilities. Or, it could be that whoever reaches Rafteal obtains the strongest/best ability (ancient weapon)
Old 2011-12-07, 11:00   Link #31
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I think this is Oda's way of telling us that Jinbei is still too strong in comparison to join the Strawhats.
But, what, Shirahoshi is the ancient weapon?! :O
Old 2011-12-07, 11:02   Link #32
yakumo-chan

DO you guys remember that Luffy, Zorro and Chopper fell into a hole in the Alabasta Arc? in that hole... was a PoneGlyph!!!!
Old 2011-12-07, 11:07   Link #33
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
The form poseidon took makes for interesting speculation.

If the ancient WMD were hereditary abilities instead of real weapons, the rest of the story could turn out to be about collecting these people/abilities. Or, it could be that whoever reaches Rafteal obtains the strongest/best ability (ancient weapon)
The Pluton was a ship, and Franky destroyed the bluprints.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:07   Link #34
Homura7

You guys should go take a look at NF. Jinbe's fans who wanted him to join are full of shit right now, lmao.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:15   Link #35
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Shira has to join, Oda has to give the people what they want lol
plus imagine San Juan Wolf vs Shira & the sea kings!
Old 2011-12-07, 11:20   Link #36
Homura7

^I'm already drooling.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:23   Link #37
kakakka

That revelation was like a death flag to me. Or atleast, something-bad-is-going-to-happen-to-her flag.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:36   Link #38
Tjfarmer
I'm almost there!

Send a message via AIM to Tjfarmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
DO you guys remember that Luffy, Zorro and Chopper fell into a hole in the Alabasta Arc? in that hole... was a PoneGlyph!!!!
I believe that was only in an anime filler, not in the manga, so that Poneglyph has no relevance.
Old 2011-12-07, 11:57   Link #39
marvelB

^Yep, filler. Maybe the anime version might make that particular glyph significant at some point, but it has no relevance to the manga whatsoever.

Anyways, fun chapter, even if it was sort of uneventful. I like how Zoro shares Luffy's same opinion on heroes ("I WANNA DRINK THE BOOZE!"), and I liked the designs of the mermaid singer and the jazz band. It also looks like Sanji died and went to heaven (at least it wasn't through a nosebleed....), and..... was it just me, or was Nami flirting with Fukaboshi on one panel? Well, if so, at least Sanji was too distracted to notice.....

Also, I still don't see Shira joining, despite this huge twist with her. If anything, it's more likely that she'll become the new guardian of the island, as some of us predicted a while back. After all, I'd think being a general of an army of sea kings would be enough to make most enemies think twice about invading the underwater paradise......
Old 2011-12-07, 12:36   Link #40
Somnus
Eh?

What a fun chapter, I always love the after parties. Tons of great expressions from the entire crew, and the infamous Oda "Blast from the Past" as yet another hanging thread gets tied into a bow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Well, I've more or less decided that Shira will be the new addition to the crew. There is no way that she can be left to sit idle if she is an ultimate weapon of some sort. In fact, either she will simply leave with the Strawhats (after Neptune begs them to keep her safe now that her powers have emerged?), or the next arc will be dedicated to saving her from either Big Mam or the WG as they seek to control her. Either way, she will not be left to sit lounging around in her gilded cage any longer.
I agree with this, after everything was revealed I automatically thought, "Welp, looks like (Not so) Lil' Shirahoshi's gonna become a pirate!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, I still don't see Shira joining, despite this huge twist with her. If anything, it's more likely that she'll become the new guardian of the island, as some of us predicted a while back. After all, I'd think being a general of an army of sea kings would be enough to make most enemies think twice about invading the underwater paradise......
I can see this happening...AFTER she matures and gains experience with her powers by travelling with the crew. I honestly don't think she's in much of a condition to be protecting anything right now.
Closed Thread