AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 10:23   Link #1
winterbaby
вelιnda

Exclamation does anyone else thinks technology is getting out of hand??

Isn't technology too advanced now?? What if technology becomes very smarter than us humans than they take over the world, and we become slaves!!!!! Apple stop making cool stuff!!!!!
Old 2012-09-08, 11:15   Link #2
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
Isn't technology too advanced now?? What if technology becomes very smarter than us humans than they take over the world, and we become slaves!!!!! Apple stop making cool stuff!!!!!
Technology is not getting out of hand, but the society, in my eyes, are just experiencing a little difficulty in adapting. Humans have hitherto not had such exposure to this volume of information, hence their tendency to wish to take it all in. That is why developers of both software and hardware are looking to make it more user-friendly and natural to wield them. Apple, in particular, is quite good at making their stuff intuitive.

As to whether or not AIs will eventually rebel and subjugate humanity? Our machines right now are only capable of making decisions after considering every path. They do not have self-awareness in that they do not make decisions based on thought as we do, so for now, fully self-aware machines are probably not likely to be designed or built.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:32   Link #3
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

no, it nowhere near what you would call "out of hand". seriously, you either old-minded or watch too much sci-fi, if there are AI capable of self-awareness, the scientist who made it would not be stupid enough to make it take over humans, and how an AI capable of taking over the world of by billions people anyway?

and really, humanity progress and change, accept that.
Old 2012-09-08, 11:46   Link #4
JRendell
Manga Addict

For real? If so, ya might wanna get rid of your iPhone before Siri tells to do something.. you shouldn't.

inb4 Skynet
JRendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 12:30   Link #5
winterbaby
вelιnda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
no, it nowhere near what you would call "out of hand". seriously, you either old-minded or watch too much sci-fi, if there are AI capable of self-awareness, the scientist who made it would not be stupid enough to make it take over humans, and how an AI capable of taking over the world of by billions people anyway?

and really, humanity progress and change, accept that.
I'm not OLD!!!!! I just think one day us humans are young to regret the day we create something most people cant handle!!
Old 2012-09-08, 12:57   Link #6
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

When the world goes without the need for oil. With less pollution in China, and without being attacked money-wise by the rising gas prices. By making other resource-managing vehicles to get around efficiently. Then we can worry about this sort of stuff.

FLYING CARS!!!! VROOOM!

Old 2012-09-08, 13:02   Link #7
Lost Cause

Maybe, but considering the older generation that still goes on without computers (yes I know a few)and the younger generation already way ahead of the learning curve on technogy, I'd say we're ok. It's the current generation I worry about; want more, want it now, and want it free, but don't understand it.
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 13:05   Link #8
monsta666

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
I'm not OLD!!!!! I just think one day us humans are young to regret the day we create something most people cant handle!!
People have a habit of seeing a current trend and then extrapolating the current trend into the far future to yield outlandish results. This belief that technology will create something man cannot handle is really another example of assuming the current rate of advances in computer processing power will continue into the far future. I do not think that will be the case and I suspect within the next 5-10 years or so Moore's law will begin to breakdown.

I will even go one step further and say there come a point were computing power will cease to become more powerful. The I.T. crowd seem to show little awareness of the great amount of infrastructure, electricity and raw exotic materials needed to sustain, never mind promote further growth in the industry. I would say this growth will not be sustained for more than 15 years. So these fears of technological rebellion/enslavement are unfounded. Yes there will be pain for a time as more jobs become automated, that's not to mention the questionable effects of using technological devices excessively has to people. But this time will pass and it will not be something that will continue forever.
monsta666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:17   Link #9
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Technology never went out of hand. People just get lazier to use their brains to make better use of them.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 14:52   Link #10
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Furby toys are coming back later this year. They'll take families hostage, add flouride to our drinking water, and overthrow the government. Be afraid. Be very afraid.
Old 2012-09-08, 15:08   Link #11
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Go to this website. It is to help improve AI while talking to it.http://cleverbot.com/