1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.72%
Voters: 138. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-05-28, 03:04   Link #81
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FubaredByAnime
Well now that the sub is out and anyone can pretty much watch to find out what happens, let me be the first (and probably only) one to ask Sushi or KJ this question based off Sushi's commentary of the episode.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Last edited by kj1980; 2006-11-30 at 08:19.
Old 2006-05-28, 07:37   Link #82
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I've seen that the discussien has quite arisen from yesterday. Meanwhile, I've watched episode 8 three times already.
I won't hook up on any of the theories I've read so far, they all may be more or less believable, but I prefere to keep my brief observations as stand-alone, for now.

1)Rena and Keiichi decide to face Mion. Rena spots Oishi willing to use Keeichi as a bait.

Spoiler:

2)Mion's story.

Spoiler:

3)"There are too many dead people walking, nowadays" (Oishi-san)

Spoiler:

- The scene of the doll would have been meaningful and impactful, I believe. I hope in Meakashi to see it.

- I was disappointed not to see Rika's suicide. I remember Mion's eyes: they were surprised when Rika stabbed herself. But then she started laughing hysterically (happily?). Best guess, I think Rika committed suicide because she recognized she had no way of save herself.
No clues about Satoko instead, may she rest in peace, as far as Watanagashi is concerned.

- "I killed them all" (Mion) , but I think Rena actually survived on this stage, as Rika and Satoko survived in Onikakushi.

All in all, the episode was a bit confusing. Still I feel there are not pieces of puzzles given away enough to make safe assumptions.

Still recognizing this episode's greatness, the disappointment for the missing Rika's suicide induce me to deduct one point from the total.

9/10

-------------------------------

And now can't wait for Tatarigoroshi! Satoko is quite of an unknown character for what we got to see 'till now. And very often the unknown characters result to be the best ones at the end. I'm very confident that it will be a memorable arc, less creepy but most depressing? I'm ready for it.
Go Satoko, it's your turn ^^
Spoiler:

I wonder if they will keep the 4 episode for chapter formula. Also because with 8 chapters, 4x8=32 , not episodes enough (this if Matsuribayashi will have the actual chance to be included in the anime. Or if it will be added later in the time).
Old 2006-05-28, 08:19   Link #83
Amaranthine

*sigh* I had nice long post all typed out, but of course Firefox felt it necessary to crash before I could actually post it. :|

The gist of it was that I don't have a great deal of speculation to add, thanks to watching the episode after everybody else has already posted the things I was thinking. And I can't be bothered to type again what I did have to add, apart from just one thing. I don't think this has been mentioned, although I know the opposite of it has.

Basically, I was thinking that Oishi could smoke so much to protect himself from... something... rather than his cigarettes being a cause of hallucinations/paranoia/whatever themselves. Just what that thing is, or why he would know about it, well, I haven't really thought through yet. It's just a little thought that came to me suddenly.

Finally, I'm very suprised (now that I know about it) that the doll scene wasn't included. The pages of the manga which Suhi-Y posted had an impact on me... as is probably obvious.

Last edited by Amaranthine; 2006-05-28 at 10:52. Reason: Noticed typos, etc.
Old 2006-05-28, 09:15   Link #84
Vicke

I guess this episode proves that people who where saying that Kei-chan was weak after he freak out on the phone where wrong, I mean how many would remain so calm when being about to get tortured to death.

After this ep I still believe its Mion in the prison and its Shion that took Mions place. The demon inside Shion would be a dual personality that call herself "Mion". The Mions that stab Kei-chan in the gut and attacks him in the hospital are both his hallucination I think, the slit eyes on them are back and all that. As people already said I think it was the big rock in the head that caused it.

Now what I really can't explain is the mystery about Takano, who where supposed to be dead when Kei-chan went in the storagehouse. I dont think Kei-chan was hallucinating Takano and I dont think Oishi lied about it.
Old 2006-05-28, 09:57   Link #85
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarmoO
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

That would be kind of gross if...

Spoiler:

I'm not a fan of the Mion/Shion switch noted in the blog earlier because it's way too complicated to pull off in an anime production, even though it would be the ultimate mind trip. A situational switch is more easier to execute.
Spoiler:

Last edited by orion; 2006-05-28 at 11:43.
Old 2006-05-28, 10:38   Link #86
Nics

Ugh, this episode was great but spoils everything I hypothesized before hand!

Plus that last scene was scary as hell, and the whole text fade to red done by wind fansubs added more thrills to the moment. Gasp.
Old 2006-05-28, 11:39   Link #87
MarmoO

[QUOTE=orion]
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-28, 13:09   Link #88
SvenTheSweeper
***** YES!! *****

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion
That would be kind of gross if...

Spoiler:

Are you referring to below?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-28, 14:42   Link #89
Cyz
"Show it to me"

Is it me or are all the chapters have different stories in it that can stand by themselves and with just the same characters?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-05-28, 16:06   Link #90
Wakuseino

Ok then~ I admit to having not read through the rest of this thread, and now I am going to make a couple hairbrained theories. Please excuse things...

Spoiler for gogohairbrained theories:

...Ah... the joys of insane hairbrained theories...

...WAIT! I HAVE IT!

Spoiler for combining the two theories to create...:

Last edited by Wakuseino; 2006-05-28 at 16:43. Reason: (New Hairbrained Theory added!)
Old 2006-05-28, 17:23   Link #91
Deku Kirby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakuseino
Ok then~ I admit to having not read through the rest of this thread, and now I am going to make a couple hairbrained theories. Please excuse things...

...WAIT! I HAVE IT!

*takes off glasses*

My god...I think we have a winner.
Old 2006-05-28, 17:30   Link #92
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SvenTheSweeper
Are you referring to below?

Spoiler for Sushi-Y:

Yep. That would be the one.

I also agree with the Takano theory.
Spoiler:

So do we ever find out what mistake Rika made in her dance and why Rena got spared?

I finally got the prologue.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-28, 22:05   Link #93
Green²
It's bacon!

Spoiler for Ep.8:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
Spoiler for Episode 8 highlight:
Jimmy Hoffa brand, I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakuseino

...WAIT! I HAVE IT!
Spoiler for and a twist:
Old 2006-05-28, 22:40   Link #94
Nics

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-28, 23:18   Link #95
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Spoiler:
Wow, good job, that probably took you a while to type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier
- I was disappointed not to see Rika's suicide. I remember Mion's eyes: they were surprised when Rika stabbed herself. But then she started laughing hysterically (happily?). Best guess, I think Rika committed suicide because she recognized she had no way of save herself.
No clues about Satoko instead, may she rest in peace, as far as Watanagashi is concerned.
You'll find out about both in Meakashi-hen. Rika's suicide scene was from there to begin with.

Quote:
- "I killed them all" (Mion) , but I think Rena actually survived on this stage, as Rika and Satoko survived in Onikakushi.
Rena lived on in Watanagashi-hen (it was mentioned in an epilogue-ish debrief scene, I think). As for Rika and Satoko in Onikakushi-hen, their conditions are "unknown" since that chapter ended without any reference to them. (Well, the gamers who finished Minagoroshi-hen knows what happened to them though)

Quote:
And now can't wait for Tatarigoroshi! Satoko is quite of an unknown character for what we got to see 'till now. And very often the unknown characters result to be the best ones at the end. I'm very confident that it will be a memorable arc, less creepy but most depressing? I'm ready for it.
My favorite chapter, my favorite character. ^^

Rather than calling it depressing, I'd describe it as being more "painful" to watch. Tatarigoroshi-hen is also the most confusing (complex?) chapter of them all. Watanagashi-hen's ending was confusing, but it's nothing compared to Tatarigoroshi-hen, which will have more twists and turns than a rollercoaster.

By the way, some preview pics for episode 9 from the official site:
Spoiler:

Quote:
I wonder if they will keep the 4 episode for chapter formula. Also because with 8 chapters, 4x8=32 , not episodes enough (this if Matsuribayashi will have the actual chance to be included in the anime. Or if it will be added later in the time).
As far as I know, the anime will only cover up to Tsumihoroboshi-hen (6th chapter). When this anime was being planned, Minagoroshi-hen wasn't even out yet (December 2005). And the final chapter, Matsuribayashi-hen, is still in production, due out by Comike 70 (August 2006).

If we take the list of chapters, and insert the anime episode numbers beside them, it'll probably look like this:

Higurashi no Naku Koroni (question arc)
Chapter 1: Onikakushi-hen (Episode 1 - 4)
Chapter 2: Watanagashi-hen (Episode 5 - 8)
Chapter 3: Tatarigoroshi-hen (Episode 9 - 12?)
Chapter 4: Himatsubushi-hen (Episode 13 - 16?)

Higurashi no Naku Koroni Kai (answer arc)
Chapter 5: Meakashi-hen (Episode 17 - 21?)
Chapter 6: Tsumihoroboshi-hen (Episode 21 - 26?)
Chapter 7: Minagoroshi-hen
Chapter 8: Matsuribayashi-hen

From a gamer's point of view, I'm not sure what it'll be like if the anime ended with Tsumihoroboshi. Especially because, in many ways, Minagoroshi-hen (7th chapter) was the chapter were we learn of the TRUE answers (Meakashi and Tsumihoroboshi provided answers to the specific events in the question chapters, but the larger, more fundamental questions remain)

Like I mentioned in another post somewhere else before, if they do skip out on the final TIP of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, "Demon's Script" (and since I don't see any TIP appearing in the anime, they probably will skip out on it ^^; ), which you obtain AFTER the ending of Tsumihoroboshi-hen, then Tsumihoroboshi-hen's ending would actually make a really nice ending for the anime too.

But it'd be kind of like a fake ending where nothing's really solved. Oh well, we'll see.
Old 2006-05-28, 23:47   Link #96
Green²
It's bacon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nics
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-28, 23:58   Link #97
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This anime must be the all-time Animesuki leader in spoiler tags...
Old 2006-05-29, 01:10   Link #98
Freakman

*clears voice*
After getting approval from kj, here's a small TIP :
There's no third Sonozaki sister.
That much I'd like to make clear
Old 2006-05-29, 03:55   Link #99
Menshi

Spoiler:
Old 2006-05-29, 04:10   Link #100
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menshi
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

I had been thinking that the cause of everything is entirely human and mundane, but ever since the end of Watanagashi, I'm pretty sure there's a supernatural element involved in there somewhere.