AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 29.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.44%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-13, 02:06   Link #121
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
"We'll always be friends!"

Lol! After all the speculation about young Shuusuke's words. After so many people have speculated about what terrible revelation Shuusuke yelled after the train. After people have placed so much meaning on Sana's inability to hear what Shuusuke yelled back then. Lol!

It's just so... trite.

PS. I stand by my earlier statement that plotting for this show is awful. Finally everyone is agreeing with me, albeit for a new reason. Perhaps they just never heard of foreshadowing.
I would say that restrictions due to the game being released after then anime is finished is the reason for the blotched plotting.
Old 2007-12-13, 02:13   Link #122
s[H]sIkuA
Drill Drill Drill

Looking at the poll, I think there's only few of you here who complained.
Old 2007-12-13, 02:19   Link #123
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
I honestly dont see how people can dislike the plot twist. Its easy to say "they're bringing it out too late. There's no time to develop it." keep in mind please that this anime doesn't really have a lot of time left because its only 13 eps. Also some episodes like the park one and Hinoko were needed for there development. I would have been up in arms if they did something stupid like set up the step-mother to be the culprit, because it would be too plain and boring. Yet its not completely off tangent.
You think that just because it is 13 episodes, that it can do whatever it wants? If they don't have time, they shouldn't have stuffed everything into the anime. Hinako took two episodes, but just what does that have anything to do with the overall story? They could have easily taken out Hinako and worked on the other characters, and in the end, most people would just go "Who's this loli I see on the official site that never appeared in the anime?" and that's all.
Even Yuzuki played a role other than her own story by cheering up Sana which allowed him to confront Nanaka.
Aoi... I don't know but something will happen with her next episode.
Hinako is the only one that doesn't have a connection with the characters before the beginning of the anime. So they could have just focused on the story instead of stuffing in two Hinako episodes that broke the rhythm of the show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Would you have honestly been happy with a transparent no development plot? yawn, Stepmother is evil, Yawn Asami only there to piss off Nanaka, yawn. It may be cheap last minute thrills, but its better than a stupid plot with no development.
This wasn't a stupid plot with no development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The problem is, its growing progressively worse. Sure there are some good points, but it's doesn't hide the fact that it has poor story telling. I was expecting the crazy old lady to do something to Nanami, since they made such a big deal with her resemblence to her dead granddaughter and the whole violin thing. Its as if the writers are making stuff up as they go along.
You know, when you mention it, that could be possible. They make a big deal out of Nanaka looking like her granddaughter, but Kaji ends up doing nothing or even interacting with Nanaka. And Asami happened to confess and do all of this during Shur/Shuusuke's story.
Heck, now that they've run away, the writers don't even have to worry about writing a script for further confrontations between Asami and the twins.
And by pushing in this Asami story, they get to take out Kaji as well. "Two birds, one stone". They could have gone "Oh crap, we forgot to do Kaji's story and we have no time left. Hey, let's stuff this in using the character with the most unknowns so it'll make sense. But what about Nanaka? Ah, who cares.".
Possibly?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I would say that restrictions due to the game being released after then anime is finished is the reason for the blotched plotting.
Once again, that shouldn't mean anything to the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s[H]sIkuA View Post
Looking at the poll, I think there's only few of you here who complained.
*smiles right back*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-13, 02:23   Link #124
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Once again, that shouldn't mean anything to the anime.
It does mean a lot to the anime, since you have to consider the original market. Most gamers are put off if important story details are revealed early in a "promotional" trailer, anime, etc.

You might not agree, but that's how it is.
Old 2007-12-13, 02:45   Link #125
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It does mean a lot to the anime, since you have to consider the original market. Most gamers are put off if important story details are revealed early in a "promotional" trailer, anime, etc.

You might not agree, but that's how it is.
Really? With this wonderful thing called internet, I wonder just how many actually can stay unspoiled.

Besides, you say it like this anime was solely created for the purpose of advertising for the game, something I highly doubt, because that just sounds absurd.
Besides, from this anime, a lot of important things have been revealed. These are important details. After all, we've learned about the fire, Hinako, Yuzuki, the twins' family situation, and the oh-so-wonderful Asami thing. So I guess from what you said, every gamer watching the anime has already been put off, now that they have learned all of this.

The only thing left is the "ending". The anime is already supposed to have a anime-only scenario, so whatever they do is fine. They aren't limited because they aren't animating any game end.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-13, 02:51   Link #126
DanielSong39

Seeing this episode reminds me that the key to a good plot twist isn't necessarily its unlikelihood, but rather its execution. And it's the execution that makes this episode fall utterly on its face. It wasn't even horrific enough to be laughable or arouse anger; it was just plain dull - all it did was to induce a few yawns.

Unfortunately I was right in my prediction that the writers would destroy Asami's character, probably just to make Nanaka look better. But would it have killed them to maintain Asami as a likeable and admirable character? This was the equivalent to making Shirakawa Kotori have hots for Nemu and causing her cough up sakura petals out of jealousy. Sure, it would have added "shock value" to D.C., but would it have made it a better show? One must wonder what the writers were thinking.

The second half was just as bad, with the twins eloping, and the melodrama that ensues with Sana chasing them on a bike. Next time we see them, they may return with a child - it's reached that level of absurdity.

Not sure how things will go in the next couple episodes. Last time I predicted a Hinako episode in 12, and an Aoi ending in 13 - but judging from the episode preview, it looks like a Nanaka centered episode. Judging from how things have gone I almost expect Nanaka and/or Aoi to bite the dust, setting up an epic climax in episode 13 where the survivor meets her demise while Shuusuke and Shuri commit double suicide, and Hinako comes in to sweep up the mess and claim the dubious prize.

Power rankings:

1. Hinako - Moves to the top during a bye week while all the other contenders collapse around her. It's almost like watching college football this season, with the top rated teams dropping like flies. Far from a finished product at this point but at least has potential, which is more than you can say for (almost) anyone else.

2. Aoi - Almost recovered from her earlier collapse, but due for a killer blow in episode 12. See, Sana has to end up with Nanaka, so that means they have to make you look bad.

3. Nanaka - Hard to believe that she can go backward and STILL gain in the rankings.

4. Shuri - Nope, she's into twincest. Or double suicide. Or both, if the writers are going to go in that direction.

5. Asami - From first to last in one week. I guess she really doesn't swing that way...
Old 2007-12-13, 03:04   Link #127
Hage-bai
Banned

Yep just like college football..whoever the winner is now will be a total fraud. Mediocrity ensues.
Old 2007-12-13, 03:42   Link #128
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
...................... What?

How is Nana'mi' possible? To me it seems like butchering of names.
You making it sound as if Nanami isn't a real name....

I'm just saying Nanami sounds better to me, is there any need for confusion over that?

And, I'm glad that other people are seeing what I'm seeing about the story of this show... I was hoping for something good, but the development and execution is so piss poor that I'm actually looking forward to the last episode to see if they can screw up even more.
Old 2007-12-13, 03:44   Link #129
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:

I'm just saying Nanami sounds better to me, is there any need for confusion over that?
It's not a matter of confusion, it's a matter of making up a totally different name.
Old 2007-12-13, 03:47   Link #130
kimchipride
Geass User

Wow

Hella people are b1tching about this episode. Honestly, I really don't know why people don't find the plot twist amusing. I found the ending of Episode 11 powerful and good.

Conclusion: Nothing wrong with this ep.
Old 2007-12-13, 03:52   Link #131
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
It's not a matter of confusion, it's a matter of making up a totally different name.
Jeez, get over it, I had a brain fart and Nanami popped into my head.
Old 2007-12-13, 04:02   Link #132
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Pardon?

It's not that I have low expectations, but I guessed the possibility of Asami being attracted to Shuri since the river trip and the volunteer work.
I was having low expectations (not you) for last few episodes otherwise it would have been uneventful episode . Sana & syuu's plot were also predictable so many would have guessed. For me, Asami's pic was sufficient to give 7/10 rating.

Last edited by Saleh; 2007-12-13 at 04:15.
Old 2007-12-13, 04:10   Link #133
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
I quite like the characterisation of Hoshino... even if it seemed rather contrived, its not like it jumped the shark. I guess they could have foreshadowed her duality earlier on somehow ... maybe they did but i didnt pick it up?
Old 2007-12-13, 05:15   Link #134
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Any bad writer can create a surprise ending by simply withholding basic information about a character and claiming that they put up such a good pretense that you simply didn't see the truth. Then all of a sudden they reveal themselves and you're expected to think, "Ooooh! What a twist!" Except that it isn't a twist ending -- it's just cheating.

Quote:

It's like saying that I want to call you HayamiTamaya because it sounds better to me. That's a real enough name, but it just isn't your name.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-13, 06:17   Link #135
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post

Lol! After all the speculation about young Shuusuke's words. After so many people have speculated about what terrible revelation Shuusuke yelled after the train. After people have placed so much meaning on Sana's inability to hear what Shuusuke yelled back then. Lol!

It's just so... trite.

PS. I stand by my earlier statement that plotting for this show is awful. Finally everyone is agreeing with me, albeit for a new reason. Poor Asami.
That was actually the most emotional part for me. Of course I also expected it to be some terrible revelation but I'll say that I preferred this more. Asami...can I ever forgive her? Sure she saved Shuri, but she also made her give up her life and friends. This is really a lot of drama. I think that this anime is a roller coaster ride that is not filled with heart-wrenching drama but is rather mild with a hint of uncertainty. I really hate roller coaster rides, but I prefer this one.
Old 2007-12-13, 07:50   Link #136
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

OMG !!! I know It To late To Tell You The one Who wrote The Latter Is ASAMI ...
I Hate HerFrom the Bottom Of My Heart...
Because She Made The Whole Problem....
She made Suffer So much...
All forget About Now..

And next Week About Nanaka....
Can't wait to see it..
Old 2007-12-13, 08:10   Link #137
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Incredible episode. I wish more episodes early on were more serious (like ef for example, which rarely wasted time getting to the point). The confession was really well done and it made sense in a twisted way.

But I agree. Second Season is a MUST. Or at least I hope the writing staff sees it that way. I wish they didn't hurry the show like this when it had so much more potential.
Old 2007-12-13, 09:18   Link #138
changeup

I really cannot understand what you guys are upset about. Sure, this episode a bomb drops, but isn't that what most people are longing for? Moreover, from the hindsight, the whole thing actually has a lot of hints and foreshadowing in the previous episodes, although, I have to admit, unless you are a yuri fan and actively anticipate this coming more than likely you will let them pass without noticing. I am always amazed to find out in this forum there are so many people just want a series moving towards their imaginative direction, and when it did not, they levy their anger and frustration, without first asking themselves whether they have misread the whole plot or simply ignore something.
Old 2007-12-13, 09:23   Link #139
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Yeah, of course.. everyone hates Asami. She wrote that bad, bad letter out of fun.. that bish..

Certain people here make it seem like they're personally insulted because a plot twist / cheating / whatever-you-want-to-call it isn't to their tastes. Dear, dear.

As for me, I loved the episode (rated it 10). Finally something you could speculate on but didn't seem probable because of the clichés the series stuck to.
Asami gained points this episode - or rather, a personality. Just being friendly, a catalyst for jealousy and, well, friendly isn't what you call personality. We didn't really know anything about Asami, just that she's an iinchou, befriended Sana and knew Syuri. Personally, I heard the yuri-subtext'o'meter rising quite a few times (including the Ferris Wheel Scene).

But I'm naturally a pessimistically influenced realist, and thus I thought Asami had to have interest in Sana..orz
Life can still be fair sometimes.

Sana gains - unexpectedly - points, too. He acted as a good friend two times, with Asami, whom he didn't resent for what she did (contrary to some people here..), and in the end when he catched up with the train. Epic scene music, by the way.

Edit: I forgot mentioning that I had read the character profiles on the official website before the series even started airing - so I knew there was more to Asami. I was about to be disappointed that they wouldn't show that anymore in the Anime, but.. patience was rewarded.
Old 2007-12-13, 09:54   Link #140
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
I really cannot understand what you guys are upset about. Sure, this episode a bomb drops, but isn't that what most people are longing for?
You are doing generalization here.
Quote:
Moreover, from the hindsight, the whole thing actually has a lot of hints and foreshadowing in the previous episodes, although, I have to admit, unless you are a yuri fan and actively anticipate this coming more than likely you will let them pass without noticing.
you are quite conflicting your own statement. You admitted yourself that you requires some "twisted" thoughts prior to actually expect such thing to happen.

As far as I watch the episodes back, there isn't any very subtle nor obvious hint of that kind of aftermath.
And even if we were bound to imagine that Asami is lesbian, that doesn't exactly converge to the "evil scheme", as the ferry wheel wasn't really a angsty clue.
Quote:
I am always amazed to find out in this forum there are so many people just want a series moving towards their imaginative direction, and when it did not, they levy their anger and frustration, without first asking themselves whether they have misread the whole plot or simply ignore something.
I'm certainly amazed how you can pretend if someone didn't enjoy it, that means they just wanted a series to stick to "their" expecations "if not, it fails". I don't expect any cliché or plot twist aftermath. Actually, the surprise didn't baffle me, but how the plot get so stretched it didn't make sense to me.

And as far as i know, I didn't question anyone's enjoyement, as I only commented how i felt the episode absurd on its way.