AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2008-10-20, 09:48   Link #261
Aaron008R

Okay, before I post my next character, I'd like to apologize for not being able to give out comments for the profiles here yet. I promise to include some comments in my subsequent posts. >_<

But for now, a concept I wanted to try...

Spoiler for :3:

I've always wondered about it and decided that it's not exactly impossible at all. Heck, if the Fuso witches have them, why not those from other countries? >:3

The next few OC's are going to be those connected to this OC and Almaria, forming the collective Strike Witch Experimental Unit called 'Strike Sabres'. :3

That's all for now. Gotta run. ><

*runs*

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2

Last edited by Aaron008R; 2008-10-20 at 11:44.
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 11:09   Link #262
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Well I was running around eating candy, killing fire and decapitating headless rhyme otakus.

Oh and going angry with server downs and some daily quest bugs.
I wish I had more time... my Dwarf Engineer is waiting for me to continue blasting the heads of some Greenskins.

Quote:
Well I tried a design that matched her family name.
But thanks... now I got the Idea of her having Soumus blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Rofl. Reminds me of all the reminscing of the "good old days" of Nanoha OC
It's ironic, for all the flack the various assortments of crack are getting these days, in the past, it was what helped the OC-thread be the happy place it used to be. These days every scenario written with even the slightest notion of Khrack (we used to call it Bluecheesium and Epicsium too...) gets bombed, while in the past they were read with great pleasure.

Meanwhile, the FF-thread has turned into what the OC-thread used to be, a happy place where stories of all sorts are accepted and the line of tolerance is much broader.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liingo View Post
Me and my other club members weren't too happy with him watching it on the club computer, thus him getting constant flak about it.
It's a great show, why not watch it on the club computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post
Okay, before I post my next character, I'd like to apologize for not being able to give out comments for the profiles here yet. I promise to include some comments in my subsequent posts. >_<

I've always wondered about it and decided that it's not exactly impossible at all. Heck, if the Fuso witches have them, why not those from other countries? >:3

The next few OC's are going to be those connected to this OC and Almaria, forming the collective Strike Witch Experimental Unit called 'Strike Sabres'. :3

*runs*
Western sword wielding Witches? I approve!

I always did like the feel of western swords, or in this case a good ol' longsword to be specific, better then the cliché Japanese katana. No need to turn the blade, wider range of motion, its cutting power might be somewhat less but its diversity more then makes up for it, and you can use it far longer without needing maintenance for it.

Oh, and Cinque-nee~~~~
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 11:35   Link #263
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

*Xena sees Cinque-nee*

*Xena misreads*

*Xena nosebleeds like hell*

AW...shyte!

*Xena cleans the floor*

Indeed, Cinque-nee's power is unparalleled...

Spoiler for @Aaron008R: Small scale comments:
XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 11:37   Link #264
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quick replies before knocking off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
So far the Neuroi haven't shown a 'face' yet. I'd rather we not dig into a possible leader, especially when we don't even know if Neuroi even have a leader, especially not some evil über Neuroi.
Since when the Ion Canon scared me?

Quote:
With that white hair, the first thing I thought was "Suomus!"

I need to get Eila out of my head. <_<
I need to get Soma Peres out of mine. >.>

Quote:
Focused Fire? Do explain. :3
How about lets talk about how I was doing 600 damage per tick and critting 1k+ per tick with Volley...

...or doing 2.5k damage killing blow on a 70 with JoC as a 66. :3

Quote:
*glances in Tk's direction as the word 'Hive Mind' drops*

Agreed, its possible they have a tyranid-level Hive Mind, though I would rather go for Necron-level Hive Mind. Neuroi don't seem to revert back to primitive behavior when separated, and have shown to be perfectly capable of fighting alone without the need of a command unit close by.
Exactly the model I'm using. Can't exactly define it as insectoid, Tyrannid, Zerg or Necroid, but think of terrorist cells, with less individual IQ, less subtlety and more top-down control.

The clues for what I think about the Neuroi, has to do with actions of variable intelligence, brainwashing witches, a voice and Nazi ideals. I made something out of that, but I'll leave it for my fic to reveal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lingo View Post
/facepalm.

I was talking about my alter ego in the thread (courtesy of TK), not the existence of the thread itself.
Be clearer next time, Clare.

Quote:
@TK: Your assessment of Kha(The witch) was spot on *thumbs up*
Like I said...

Quote:
Me and my other club members weren't too happy with him watching it on the club computer, thus him getting constant flak about it.
Old 2008-10-20, 12:00   Link #265
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
It's ironic, for all the flack the various assortments of crack are getting these days, in the past, it was what helped the OC-thread be the happy place it used to be. These days every scenario written with even the slightest notion of Khrack (we used to call it Bluecheesium and Epicsium too...) gets bombed, while in the past they were read with great pleasure.
Spoiler for My own view on the OCs woes:

Quote:
Meanwhile, the FF-thread has turned into what the OC-thread used to be, a happy place where stories of all sorts are accepted and the line of tolerance is much broader.
Spoiler for OC woes continued:

As for the lack of backlog in this thread I think that's very much a factor of us having a chat room from the start. Most of the random crap and little questions that would have found there way into and bloated the old thread aren't in here because they're handled in the IRC. Really there's some discussion related to this thread almost every night in there sometimes an awful lot of it.

Last edited by Tk3997; 2008-10-20 at 12:28.
Tk3997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 12:15   Link #266
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just something I want to point out about FFT...

Spoiler for Whiskey Tango Foxtrot:

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 12:25   Link #267
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Send a message via ICQ to Tk3997 Send a message via AIM to Tk3997 Send a message via MSN to Tk3997
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

Let's try to keep this academic and not get into bashing and specific examples please. Acutally we should probably just not discuss this at all, but I felt a need to offer my own view as to why the thread is in it's current state.

Old 2008-10-20, 12:30   Link #268
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
I wish I had more time... my Dwarf Engineer is waiting for me to continue blasting the heads of some Greenskins.
A Dwarfs, my favourite Alliance race.
And Engineering is the best job ever! ^.^
*hugs his flying machine*

Bah... "blasing Greenskin heads"...
My Orc Warrior main don't really cares about this Horde/Alliance crap.

He's the type who likes to build gadges, explore the world and cook.

Roleplay wise he even adopted a Dreanei girl.

Quote:
Jupp... Half Karlsländer/Soumusian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post

I remember thinking of it as a little disturbing...
Old 2008-10-20, 12:46   Link #269
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

@TK: That's my last salvo. This here is SWOC, afterall, not OC Zwei.

On that count...

Work proceeds slowly on my Desert Rats Strike Wizards, but they'll be done. Like good Englishmen they wear shorts into combat And also carry more guns and ammo.

For lulz and linking, Xena and I are discussing linking John, the main charecter, with his team of Witches... McGregor is out, and not too sure on Price...

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:45   Link #270
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
This, would be my new archive post.

Witches in 'Nam '72

Spoiler for Basic premise:

The Witches:

2nd Lt. Elizabeth “Fireball” Robinson, 435th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Liberion Air Force
Captain Sharon “Seer” Renee Harris, 44th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Liberion Air Force
Leutnant Justine “Club” Schroeder, Jagdgeschwader 71 "Richthofen", Karlsland Luftwaffe

The aviators:

2nd Lt. Michael “Runner” Green, 435th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Liberion Air Force - F-4D Phantom II
2nd Lt. Daniel “Pinpoint” Walker, 435th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Liberion Air Force - F-4D Phantom II
Lt. Ronald “Ron” Anderson, 44th Tactical Fighter Squadron, Liberion Air Force - F-105F Wild Weasel II "Combat Martin"

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-23 at 10:20.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-20, 20:54   Link #271
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Lock and Load!

Strike Witches Backlog Breaker

Junbi kanyo! Hassha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
Mike's WSO.

Spoiler for 2nd Lt. Daniel “Pinpoint” Walker:

Spoiler for Author's notes:
I'd hate to have him in my backseat, but then again, a bold plan is always the best plan.

Quote:
Erich's profile.

I added Background, Profile, some Quotes and colorated the sketch.
And he's a year younger now.

Spoiler for Karlsländer Strike Wizard:
Ah he appears! Quite true about the problems of being the only male in the whole barracks. I guess shoutas (or fake shoutas) have it easier...

Guys always take the most hurt in anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
Spoiler for Yulia Pavlichenko:

I know, amnesia is a death sentence when it comes to originality, but I tried to come up with some sort of explanation or at least some kind of medical observation as to not let it pass as something ”unexplainable”. Can’t really explain more until I begin writing some stories, unless I should spoil every idea I have.
Also, the concept of a non-witch in a Strike Squadron will have to be more explicitly explained in some story dedicated to it. I can’t really take that in her profile more than I already have.
A pathfinder scout? Sounds challenging enough, since she's gonna take quite a while to get to line where they are gonna be fighting.

Though to be honest... Your amnesia does not add up somewhat. Losing the ability to do daily tasks should knock out her ability to fight since the lesion occurs in the same part, or at least along the same neural pathway in the brain...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk3997 View Post
Still working on my last few profiles, but thought I'd show off the story behind how one of my pending chars acquired her nickname.

Spoiler for Beware of low flying birds...:

Spoiler for Authors note:
Lol stuffed goose is stuffed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post
Hmmmm. I blame boredom for this. Also, flooding the damn chat with prattle.

Well, here's two OCs I created in about two hours. No images yet, as they're not wholly developed, but eh, it's something.

Spoiler for A leader:
Spoiler for A free spirit:
Cookies for anyone that gets the hidden refs / basis of these guys.
Snake and Octacon the cook? oO Unless the last part is the OC Iron Chef.

As for the pants comments, do note that metaphysically, women never wore lower garments. I don't know why; something changed fundamentally while humans were in Africa long long time ago, and it led to what we see. And therefore, pantless women are normal and not worth mentioning.

Just my nit-pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita View Post
Spoiler for The most beautiful:
Thanks to Kha for helping me with formatting and vetting.

The image isn't very apt, but it's cute and shows both sides of Antoinette at once. Anything wrong, it's Kha fault.
Yeah right.

At least we got our resident tsundere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Now to explain how can our non magic men be able to ascend out of cannon fodder status...

Spoiler for Advent of Alchemic Steel and Magic Reactive armour:
Intriguing, really intriguing... I could use this data clip for the construction of the new all-steel craft that the LAAC is fielding to give their fighters a bit more life, as well as the new Werneke-pattern articulated Striker Unit developed by Project X. Can I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
SWOC of the 1940s era.

Spoiler for The "Stinger":

Spoiler for Author's notes:

Spoiler for The "Stinger" itself:
Considering that the BAR was practically standard-issue, can you blame the grunts?

Welcome to 1940, kct. Renee is one surgical character, and it does sit well with her preference to come from reserve and Outflank. Got an idea where is she deployed for the war? And will she be available for the Fuso invasion fic we planned?

Quote:
It's acutally not who you think, I think...

Anyway I've finished the first little part of my planned "real" fic well one of them this one acutally covers how the squadron came to be in it's ultimate late war form while I have another planned that covers that later period (or that's the plan don't hold me too 100%). Minor retcons or changes are possible pending future information, but I'm pretty sure I'm staying outside the Ion Canons targeting zone with at least this part of the fic.

So yeah I present:
Spoiler for The Other Girls:
Note: This is more or less a beta and is pending editing for spelling and grammar.
And here they come. Man I need to go read up on the Neuroi craft, not to mention fighter tactics... All I have are anime and strange sci-fi movies to fall back on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XenahortCharybdis View Post
It seems that after the longest time, I've finally gotten something related to StrikeOC done up.

NOTE ON INDEX POST: Yes, this is a link to my official index post, and in all likelihood it'll just keep expanding and expanding till it ends up covering my entire cast. Consider this Version 1.0. (If you could add this link to your overall index, Kha, I would be most grateful)

Road to Afrika: The Independent Witch Brigade

Xena, out.

Loooooooooong post is long (and not even on Asuki)

Damn your picks computed to hell and back... And where's Rommel?

Though........ DARK SAKURA?!

Quote:
What? The next finished character is not Rin?
Well...yeah.

Spoiler for Karlsländer Strike Witch:
SOMA PERES!!!

*ahem*

Not to mention she's the right age for "Allelujah" F Neel.

Damn Ariane falls into the second chou-moe types for me it's not funny. D:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron008R View Post

*runs*
CINQUE-NEEEEE~~~

So much fanboyism so fast.

And O_# is a funky thing to imagine. As well as that quote...

Just a question. While Illya, Anita and Rachelle have much repute and so your OCs could've just heard of them instead of meeting them, how about Kirby? How do our OCs link up?
Old 2008-10-20, 21:08   Link #272
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Or for Sumous soldiers and Knights, charging in snow jackets and skiis as they fight numerically superior neuroi.

Spoiler for Meet the ladies:

Summary of the entry from this one:

-I tried to simulate the views of the average soldier (Mind you Simon will live up to his counterpart) of a witch. In Honesty, the soldiers often talk of how Witches are a league beyond them and Simon shows a modest approach but tries to ignore the non-native witches due to the fact he knows he will probably never get their respect let along their cherry.

-Next Entry will depict how despite being threatened at bladepoint and treated as a nuisance. Simon's friend will brag about how he managed to capture interest of them and how in the next visit he will bring back the pants of one of them

-First battle perhaps for Simon? Good luck.
Old 2008-10-20, 21:30   Link #273
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Kha: At least based on what I have in mind, she fit 1944 or 1945 more. That is why I left the years as being ambiguous, although IMHO 1944/1945 fits better (the Johnson LMG Release 2 is issued in 1944). She would probably work in the Fuso invasion fic, although the "guy with the heavily modified Warhawk" would be given a Thunderbolt (it is a huge upgrade from the Warhawk).

Spoiler for Getting the Thunderbolt:

Last edited by kct; 2008-10-21 at 10:07.
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 04:07   Link #274
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Very busy right now. Spend a good fourteen fraggin hours last night authoring a DVD for a band. Starting at 9 AM and calling it a day when the burning fails at 1 AM is not fun. -_- I hope I'll be done today with that, but I haven't had much time to write other then in-between sneak posts.

Quote:
Still it's not quite as bad as you might think as I noted if you go on IRC allot of the guys still show up every night and quite a bit happens, but of course you don't go there so I'm sure to you it looks even worse then it really is.
I won't go in a lengthy debate, suffice to say there are points I agree and points I disagree, but this probably sums it up best. I just don't like being in a place where I have to pay constant atention to what's being said. That's what I think is the beauty of a forum, you can't miss a conversation because you were asleep, all you have to do is page back a few pages to where you left and pick up again.

Quote:
A Dwarfs, my favourite Alliance race.
And Engineering is the best job ever! ^.^
*hugs his flying machine*

Bah... "blasing Greenskin heads"...
My Orc Warrior main don't really cares about this Horde/Alliance crap.

He's the type who likes to build gadges, explore the world and cook.

Roleplay wise he even adopted a Dreanei girl.
*Fires rifle and watches with glee as another Squig Hunters head explodes in a mountain of blood and gore, the just constructed turret next to him already picking out a new target in the form of a Chaos Zealot*

Wrong Engineer laddy, I ain't no silly dwarf who just happens to tinker in his spare time, I'm an engineer. I'm here to blow you up before you even realize I'm on that innocent looking clif you overlooked.

*Fires another shot which tears through the Zealot's chest, sending the corrupted human stumbling. Just then the turret next to him fired its next salvo, tearing the Zealot's left shoulder off and sending him tumbling to the ground*

Woohoo! Take that ya deranged human bastard!

Quote:
Jupp... Half Karlsländer/Soumusian.
Half/half huh? That could work, would make for a nice confusion scenario too.

"Are you from Suomus?"

"... A bit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Yeah right.

At least we got our resident tsundere.
Which makes me wonder, is it safe to joke about her choice of uniform?

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Or for Sumous soldiers and Knights, charging in snow jackets and skiis as they fight numerically superior neuroi.

Spoiler for Meet the ladies:

Summary of the entry from this one:

-I tried to simulate the views of the average soldier (Mind you Simon will live up to his counterpart) of a witch. In Honesty, the soldiers often talk of how Witches are a league beyond them and Simon shows a modest approach but tries to ignore the non-native witches due to the fact he knows he will probably never get their respect let along their cherry.

-Next Entry will depict how despite being threatened at bladepoint and treated as a nuisance. Simon's friend will brag about how he managed to capture interest of them and how in the next visit he will bring back the pants of one of them

-First battle perhaps for Simon? Good luck.
Well yeah, talking to a girl you first met and already displaying your intent to jump her (or at least making it sound like that) is generally a bad tactic for getting girls. I'm really not surprised at all that he got a sword drawn on him.
Old 2008-10-21, 05:02   Link #275
XenahortCharybdis
does whatever he wants.

Quote:
Loooooooooong post is long (and not even on Asuki)
Well, I'm sorry, took you a while?
It's not too long compared to my next storm...you can consider this a gentle zephyr compared to what I'm brewing right now, although all the same it won't be big, since I'm just brewing a storm in a teacup at the best

Quote:
Damn your picks computed to hell and back... And where's Rommel?
Spoiler for Someone call Rommel?:

Quote:
Though........ DARK SAKURA?!
All the pics were meant to fit to a T (hopefully), and thus was this one.

XenahortCharybdis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 05:56   Link #276
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
*Fires rifle and watches with glee as another Squig Hunters head explodes in a mountain of blood and gore, the just constructed turret next to him already picking out a new target in the form of a Chaos Zealot*

Wrong Engineer laddy, I ain't no silly dwarf who just happens to tinker in his spare time, I'm an engineer. I'm here to blow you up before you even realize I'm on that innocent looking clif you overlooked.

*Fires another shot which tears through the Zealot's chest, sending the corrupted human stumbling. Just then the turret next to him fired its next salvo, tearing the Zealot's left shoulder off and sending him tumbling to the ground*

Woohoo! Take that ya deranged human bastard!
My Squuuuuuiiiig!!!!! D:

Yes I'm a Squig Herder. Dragged there by my Chaos worshippin and Dark Elf whoring Comrades of Doom (guild).

Quote:
Which makes me wonder, is it safe to joke about her choice of uniform?
Took me a while to arm wrestle her to let me use that pic.

It's not her uniform, that pic. Metafictionally, that picture was on the cover of a Witches periodical that sees much distribution in Fuso and Liberion. Don't rib her about it, or she'd bite you, though it then begs Rachelle (who was previously featured in that mag) to come in and note that her "acting" during the photo-shoot was a bit too real.

Antoinette's uniform is just like the rest of the Project X members, brown Liberian Army Air Corps. I don't think "custom colored" uniform is allowed in the Armed forces, otherwise, I'd be dying their uniforms differently.

Quote:
Well, I'm sorry, took you a while?
It's not too long compared to my next storm...you can consider this a gentle zephyr compared to what I'm brewing right now, although all the same it won't be big, since I'm just brewing a storm in a teacup at the best p
You've been storing power I guess, so it didn't have the impact, just a lot of profiles to read through at once.

Which was the time I had today while flying between points of Eastern Kingdoms to find Candy Buckets.

Quote:
Spoiler for Someone call Rommel?:
"P-38A Cherudim! Saint Exupery, taking the shot!"

*watches Xena get head-shotted*

Quote:
All the pics were meant to fit to a T (hopefully), and thus was this one.

Old 2008-10-21, 06:56   Link #277
Tk3997
Loveable Jerk

Quote:
I'd hate to have him in my backseat, but then again, a bold plan is always the best plan.
What idiot told you that? Ever hear this saying?

"There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no
old, bold pilots."

And that goes double in combat.

Quote:
Ah he appears! Quite true about the problems of being the only male in the whole barracks. I guess shoutas (or fake shoutas) have it easier...

Guys always take the most hurt in anime.
Depends entirely on the anime in question.

Quote:
Lol stuffed goose is stuffed.
And now hanging in the squadrons ready room (/office/headquarters/breakroom).

Quote:
As for the pants comments, do note that metaphysically, women never wore lower garments. I don't know why; something changed fundamentally while humans were in Africa long long time ago, and it led to what we see. And therefore, pantless women are normal and not worth mentioning.
Acutally that's just false only witches seem to go pantless examples of other Women in the universe wearing perfectly normal clothing for the period are plenty. So basiclly no you can't explain it like this which really leaves us with just one explaination: Fan Service. Now since that doesn't work in universe your best bet is to just not dwell on or try to explain it at all. It is what it is, move on.

Quote:
Intriguing, really intriguing... I could use this data clip for the construction of the new all-steel craft that the LAAC is fielding to give their fighters a bit more life, as well as the new Werneke-pattern articulated Striker Unit developed by Project X. Can I?
Hmmm...

Quote:
And here they come. Man I need to go read up on the Neuroi craft, not to mention fighter tactics... All I have are anime and strange sci-fi movies to fall back on.
Frankly as long as you're reasonable about it you can probably just make up Neuroi units if you figure they have analogues to most real life aircraft types.

As for the second bit sci-fi movies and anime are not going to show you how a WWII dogfight acutally worked. I'd suggest you go look for some of the WWII episodes of the History Channel series Dogfights online as I mentioned before. It's not perfect, but it'll give you at least some understanding of how things acutally worked.

You can start with my personal favorite episode:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...8DFC6773E899A7
Even got some thunderbolts in there.

Acutally that show should just be required watching for anyone that wants to write SW fiction. You can get a clue while watching some pretty pictures. And of course feel free to ask question as well I'm always happy to ramble at length about topics I know something about.

Old 2008-10-21, 07:17   Link #278
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
What idiot told you that? Ever hear this saying?

"There are old pilots and bold pilots, but there are no
old, bold pilots."

And that goes double in combat.
An anime. Make that... 10 anime.

Quote:
Depends entirely on the anime in question.

Quote:
And now hanging in the squadrons ready room (/office/headquarters/breakroom).

Quote:
Acutally that's just false only witches seem to go pantless examples of other Women in the universe wearing perfectly normal clothing for the period are plenty. So basiclly no you can't explain it like this which really leaves us with just one explaination: Fan Service. Now since that doesn't work in universe your best bet is to just not dwell on or try to explain it at all. It is what it is, move on.
Not really. The girls in Fuso being trained by Mio weren't wearing pants (OK it was PE so dodgy example), Michiko wasn't wearing pants, the nurse serving Trude's imouto wasn't wearing pants (or much of a skirt)...

The only one that bucked the trend was Minna's full-length gown. That to me was what didn't really make sense, so I filed it under, together with Miyafuji's granny and mom, "traditional clothes" since those seemed to be spared of the bottomless fate.

Quote:
Hmmm...

Frankly as long as you're reasonable about it you can probably just make up Neuroi units if you figure they have analogues to most real life aircraft types.

As for the second bit sci-fi movies and anime are not going to show you how a WWII dogfight acutally worked. I'd suggest you go look for some of the WWII episodes of the History Channel series Dogfights online as I mentioned before. It's not perfect, but it'll give you at least some understanding of how things acutally worked.

Acutally that show should just be required watching for anyone that wants to write SW fiction. You can get a clue while watching some pretty pictures. And of course feel free to ask question as well I'm always happy to ramble at length about topics I know something about.
Sigh required watching. Just when I'm short of time. :/

We'll see about it.
Old 2008-10-21, 07:29   Link #279
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
My Squuuuuuiiiig!!!!! D:

Yes I'm a Squig Herder. Dragged there by my Chaos worshippin and Dark Elf whoring Comrades of Doom (guild).
It's funny, WoW always had a high alliance to horde ratio prior to BC, while WAR seems to be the reverse and has a high Destruction to Order ratio.

All my friends are playing Order though, so until I can manage to wrestle some more free time to level my Black Orc, I'm stuck on the good guys side.

Not that I mind. Engineer + High Ground = awesome. WAR ranged combat > WoW ranged combat. <3

Quote:
Took me a while to arm wrestle her to let me use that pic.

It's not her uniform, that pic. Metafictionally, that picture was on the cover of a Witches periodical that sees much distribution in Fuso and Liberion. Don't rib her about it, or she'd bite you, though it then begs Rachelle (who was previously featured in that mag) to come in and note that her "acting" during the photo-shoot was a bit too real.
Mwehehe, don't think for a moment Alexis or Angelique are going to let this slide.

Quote:
Agreed, this is one of those times where we just accept the explanation canon give us without looking to deep into it or making it perfectly logical.

Canon basically said 'Witches don't wear pants, and those non-Witch girls without pants are simply copying their idols'

Does it make perfect sense? Not really, but it does sound logical. Read, accept, move on.

Quote:

I second that. They're a really good watch even without counting you learning a few good lessons in dogfighting.

Quote:
Not really. The girls in Fuso being trained by Mio weren't wearing pants (OK it was PE so dodgy example), Michiko wasn't wearing pants, the nurse serving Trude's imouto wasn't wearing pants (or much of a skirt)...
Fans copying their heroines. Don't look to deep into it.

Quote:
The only one that bucked the trend was Minna's full-length gown. That to me was what didn't really make sense, so I filed it under, together with Miyafuji's granny and mom, "traditional clothes" since those seemed to be spared of the bottomless fate.
Nope, that was just an example that shows Witches wear little clothing for functionality, rather then fashion. If you look at the manga (which, as far as I've read, is far closer to the novels then the anime) Yoshika is wearing a short skirt when working in the rice fields (which makes sense since she's working in water) and later on when she's walking with he friends they're all wearing regular school uniforms, skirts included.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-21 at 10:48.
Old 2008-10-21, 10:43   Link #280
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
It's funny, WoW always had a high alliance to horde ratio prior to BC, while WAR seems to be the reverse and has a high Destruction to Order ratio.

All my friends are playing Order though, so until I can manage to wrestle some more free time to level my Black Orc, I'm stuck on the good guys side.

Not that I mind. Engineer + High Ground = awesome. WAR ranged combat > WoW ranged combat. <3
For the first line, the reverse is true for Oceanic servers.

Well, I'd like to give Order a shot someday... but for now, I'm playing on my friend's account on Warbits. XD

Quote:
Mwehehe, don't think for a moment Alexis or Angelique are going to let this slide.
Neither do I.

Quote:
Agreed, this is one of those times where we just accept the explanation canon give us without looking to deep into it or making it perfectly logical.

Canon basically said 'Witches don't wear pants, and those non-Witch girls without pants are simply copying their idols'

Does it make perfect sense? Not really, but it does sound logical. Read, accept, move on.
Oh so there was a mention in canon! That saves me a load of trouble for that! I thot there was no mention, so tried to come up with my own. I’ll take canon then.

Quote:
Nope, that was just an example that shows Witches wear little clothing for functionality, rather then fashion. If you look at the manga (which, as far as I've read, is far loser to the novels then the anime) Yoshika is wearing a short skirt when working in the rice fields (which makes sense since she's working in water) and later on when she's walking with he friends they're all wearing regular school uniforms, skirts included.
Point noted.