AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-01, 13:14   Link #321
Trax
Rock beats scissors

I mentioned it before (not sure if it was in this thread) but I hope to see Sakura work towards abilities that require good chakra control rather than raw power, in which case either medical jutsus and/or illusionary (which she has talent for according to Kakashi) could be well suited for her. This way she'll become very useful in her own right, perhaps even powerful if she gets very skilled in those fields.

And to be honest, I'd rather see Inner Sakura again too, she can still mature without losing that comedy aspect. SHANNERO!
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 13:20   Link #322
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I agree she won't be a powerhouse like the others. So hopefully she will get into medical jutsus or illusionary techniques. Having those abilities could sure help people out in a fight and make her a useful person to have around. I'm sure if she does get involved with those fields a lot of people will gain some respect for her and the bashing can be stopped.
No matter how serious things get you need a comedy break. An example was where Sasuke told Sakura that Naruto saved her. The inner Sakura could've shown up saying "the hell!?" Now come on that would have been funny to see.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 15:42   Link #323
Steffa
Ninja Guru

i think she ll get strong for sasuke since he's gone she will want to get her back
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 16:41   Link #324
DarkRains

I hope she gets her skull bashed in with a sledge hammer.
DarkRains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:00   Link #325
odin

die fan girl!
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 17:21   Link #326
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
Hey, can we not turn this back into the episode 98 discussion thread? I'd hate to have to abandon two threads in two days.

DarkRains, Odin... why don't you try explaining why you hate her so much?

Quote:
No matter how serious things get you need a comedy break. An example was where Sasuke told Sakura that Naruto saved her. The inner Sakura could've shown up saying "the hell!?" Now come on that would have been funny to see.
Heh. yeah...

But the flashback was originally Sasuke's in the manga so it wouldn't have made much sense for Inner Sakura to be in it. Sasuke's not psychic... right?

I'm probably one of the few people who don't care to see her learning medical techniques. I don't mind the Team 7/Sannin parallels but I don't want to see them taken so far. I'd rather see Sakura specializing in Genjutsu and learn the summoning techniques and maybe taijutsu from Tsunade.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 21:53   Link #327
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
But the flashback was originally Sasuke's in the manga so it wouldn't have made much sense for Inner Sakura to be in it. Sasuke's not psychic... right?
You have a point there. From what I've seen Sasuke's not psychic...right now. I was just going with the inner Sakura thing and that was just the first thing that came to me. It doesn't really matter to me what Sakura learns or what she specializes in. As long as she actually does learn something. It's not good for anyone that Sakura doesn't gain some skills. Everyone else seems to be so she shouldn't get left out.
Old 2004-09-01, 23:23   Link #328
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
I'm probably one of the few people who don't care to see her learning medical techniques. I don't mind the Team 7/Sannin parallels but I don't want to see them taken so far. I'd rather see Sakura specializing in Genjutsu and learn the summoning techniques and maybe taijutsu from Tsunade.
I am under the impression Tsunade is good at genjutsu -- look at her looks. No one not good a genjutsu can look that young at 50 something unless they had a face lift.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 23:55   Link #329
Ketsueki

Send a message via AIM to Ketsueki Send a message via MSN to Ketsueki Send a message via Yahoo to Ketsueki
I thought the person Sakura would get training from for Genjutsu would be the female Jounin who has the crush on Asuma... she seemed to be more about Genjutsu when fighting Itachi
Ketsueki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 01:20   Link #330
odin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
Lots of people have already done this but I'll just reiterate. I just think she is annoying and useless. I don't like how she treats Naruto and I hate her fangirl attitude towards Sasuke. "Kyaaaa" - nuff said.
odin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 02:06   Link #331
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dez
Hey, can we not turn this back into the episode 98 discussion thread? I'd hate to have to abandon two threads in two days.

Heh. yeah...

If Sakura toned down her horrible screaming, crying and fangirl attitude, she learned some Genjutsu and maybe Taijustsu I would consider her a good ninja instead of a burden to Team 7, I would even think of disbanding the "I hope Sakura dies" club.
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 02:59   Link #332
Ogata
Underling

hmmm what do you ppl fink she'll be like in the movie???
The same old blocking and getting koed in one hit attitude?
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 03:00   Link #333
Ogata
Underling

The same old blocking and getting koed in one hit attitude or an analyst (right.... ) for sasuke?
Ogata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 06:48   Link #334
Fasces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogata
I think she'll be a lot like this:

"Sasuke kuuuun, sasuke kun, sasuke kun, etc"

Like she always is.
Fasces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 06:55   Link #335
Kouji
StrykerX

Knowing Sakura, she'd just fall for Sasuke and indeed keep saying Sasuke-kun. Rather not thinking about Naruto. I hate to admit it but, she can be stupid sometimes (like not caring for Naruto, and always putting him down. Let alone thinking that Sasuke always did the work when at times Naruto also saved her and her sorry attitude).
Old 2004-09-02, 08:14   Link #336
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Can't really blame her for that though, nobody would have expected Naruto to fight Gaaraa like that. Hell, even Naruto himself didn't.
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 11:19   Link #337
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

But did anyone expect Sasuke to beat Gaara? I mean Sakura could see that Sasuke wasn't able to move because of the cursed seal yet she believed that he beat Gaara. Wouldn't Naruto who was fine have a better chance than Sasuke to beat Gaara at that point?
Also I don't think that the flashback to when she found out that Naruto beat Garra was Sasukes. If I remember correctly it was Sakura's flashback. I believe she was considering giving Naruto some candy or something like that and then the flashback occured. So inner Sakura could have made an appearence if they had wanted to.
Old 2004-09-02, 16:29   Link #338
lawgick

She really is a good for nothing character. How anyone can think otherwise is a mystery to me. What makes it even worse is that she has potential but iis making no use of it...pathetic!

She totally mistreats naruto for no good reason, shamelessly worships Sasuke, and only gives naruto attention when it is somehow connected to Sasuke. I hate her guts and I hope she finally does something useful and falls on a sword or off a cliff or in a deep well or in a valcano or...you get the picture
lawgick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 16:33   Link #339
Cort
What???

Send a message via ICQ to Cort
She's actually become more caring for her friends. Not just Sasuke, but Naruto and Lee as well. Until Kishimoto decides to make some use up for her though she's going to remain in the background and we'll never really see her doing anything very useful.
Cort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 17:23   Link #340
Dez
Speshul

Send a message via AIM to Dez
In the anime the flashback was Sakura's... in the manga it was originally Sasuke's. Sakura didn't appear in real time after the Gaara fight until the sannin arc where we see a few panels of her visiting Sasuke. That's probably why the anime team decided to attribute the flashback to her instead. Wouldn't want to disappoint the Sakura fans.

In the manga the flashback belonged to Sasuke and was shown just before his training scene (when he's thinking about Naruto's power and wondering how he could attain that much power.) I liked the flashback better as Sasuke's, in the last panel it seemed like Sasuke was bothered by Sakura's new appreciation of Naruto. That amused me greatly, and was completely lost in translation to anime.

And Sakura does care for Naruto, just not in the same way she cares about Sasuke, or even Lee. She might hate his guts in the beginning chapters, but who can blame her? Naruto starts out annoying as all hell, yet it's clear that she grows to acknowledge him and respect as time passes. Hell, she first starts helping him and caring for him in the Wave country arc, so I really don't understand why people trot out "mean to Naruto" as a reason to hate her. She's shown many times that Naruto is important to her. Is it just because she doesn't "love" him?

Edit: Anyone who thinks Sakura hates Naruto and never acknowledges him needs to reread the whole fight against Kiba (or watch the equivelent anime episodes) Sakura cheers for Naruto during his fight against Kiba. She's confident he'll win the entire time, even though there are moments when everyone else thinks the match is over.

... I'd almost completely forgotten about this match until I reread the chapters out of boredom earlier today. I now feel incredibly stupid for never mentioning it before.

Last edited by Dez; 2004-09-02 at 18:09.
Dez is offline   Reply With Quote