AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-05-10, 14:18   Link #1981
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Or he's glad they didn't notice that he stole a Valvrave unit already as they were too busy kissing and.... Stuff that the OS can see.

Poor Shoko is going to get hit hard in the next episode, from what we saw in the previews, as I see Saki parading their coupling together and Haruto failing to convince her of anything.

Than we can finally begin some real L-Elf and Shoko interactions!
Too bad then, I was for having the kiss on the internet for instant money.

Haruto was complaining that they were back at just being friend and now Saki is going on the offensive...
Yeah, I guess L-Elf couldn`t ask for a better setup.
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:22   Link #1982
ookamigirl

Module 77 was having a nice independence!
They were basically enjoying themselves to the max.
Relaxing a bit too much at times...
Well, problems were bound to appear sooner or later.
Their reckless behavior was bound to produce a few system failures.
The song was nice & motivational ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:23   Link #1983
iCK

Hopefully Saki will stay on the offensive and this won't end up as with a conclusion of Haruto x Shouko. I am never fond of anime pairings that liked each other before the series even started. They tend to be always the most boring development between the two characters.
iCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:29   Link #1984
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
You know...

We're all pretty obsessed with Shoko or Saki dying. >_>
It's sunrise, mecha its a recipe for one love interest to die unfortunately.
Old 2013-05-10, 14:34   Link #1985
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
It's sunrise, mecha its a recipe for one love interest to die unfortunately.
Not true. Zegapain.

Though I guess you could say Shizuno died in a way. But not dead dead.
Old 2013-05-10, 14:36   Link #1986
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
"Is this sexual intercourse?"
Now that's just creepy. Love the high school musical.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:37   Link #1987
Pong

You know what? Screw Haruto and Er-erfu, this show should be about Shoko and Saki. They are by far the best characters in the entire damn show!

Horrible design decisions are par of the course for Sci-f, but... seriously? Big red button over an bottomless chasm? Was the Sphere designed by former platform games designer?

Highlight of the episode was the blonde getting slapped. That felt so satisfying.

A goddamn music video, this is beyond hilarious. This show is great!

Not like they particularly hid it or anything but, yay more Valvraves! Taking bets on who gets what colour.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:38   Link #1988
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Not true. Zegapain.

Though I guess you could say Shizuno died in a way. But not dead dead.
But you have to admit, in most of Sunrise's mainstream mecha series, it's almost inevitable that a love interest and/or friend of the MC dies tragically.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:43   Link #1989
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
But you have to admit, in most of Sunrise's mainstream mecha series, it's almost inevitable that a love interest and/or friend of the MC dies tragically.
In the more serious ones, sure. But Valvrave seems all too much like this is one of Sunrise's less-seriously-taken titles , so I don't think we're going to be getting much dark stuff in this one.

If this were dark, we'd have seen civilians dying left and right back in the opening attack of episode 1 instead of after-the-fact, like we did in the opening attack of Gundam F-91. And that one still ended happily for everybody. (even in the Crossbone Gundam manga, which concluded the story Yoshiyuki Tomino didn't get to tell because F-91 was cut down from a series to a 2-hour movie) And certainly we can agree that recent events in Valvrave have been leaning a bit more towards the less-serious side of things.

Heck, Infinite Ryvius got really, really dark, and even then, not one named good guy character died.
Old 2013-05-10, 14:46   Link #1990
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

How freaking big is that school? Those students practically have an entire freaking city to themselves? What gives? Well whatever, I guess I must have missed something.

In any case it was actually a pretty nice episode that showed the students having to actually struggle, although it would've been a bit better if the whole thing wasn't just a matter of pushing a freaking button.

Hate that stupid song though. It's just as cringeworthy as "Friday" by Rebecca Black. XP
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:52   Link #1991
Pong

If anyone dies, I'm afraid it'll be Saki. There's this... recklessness in her that seems almost suicidal.

Of course if anyone should it's L-elf.
Pong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 14:54   Link #1992
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
How freaking big is that school? Those students practically have an entire freaking city to themselves? What gives? Well whatever, I guess I must have missed something.

In any case it was actually a pretty nice episode that showed the students having to actually struggle, although it would've been a bit better if the whole thing wasn't just a matter of pushing a freaking button.

Hate that stupid song though. It's just as cringeworthy as "Friday" by Rebecca Black. XP
The way I think it went was that most of the module is dedicated to the school but it was also surrounded by a city. When Dorssia invaded, they deported all those from the city and I'm guessing they were getting to the school last since that was where all the Valvrave tech was and so they would have gone over that with a fine-tooth comb.

So when Dorssia left once the ARUS showed up, all that was left was the students and two teachers.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:03   Link #1993
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Too bad then, I was for having the kiss on the internet for instant money.

Haruto was complaining that they were back at just being friend and now Saki is going on the offensive...
Yeah, I guess L-Elf couldn`t ask for a better setup.
Yes. L-Elf needs to make Shoko his and when she isn't looking he must do a "Just as planned" grin.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:09   Link #1994
kuromitsu

I like Haruto and Shouko together because they have chemistry and they're cute together, and I like seeing cute characters getting a happy end together.

But let's face it: Haruto and L-Elf are meant to be. The women around them (and A-Drei, the vengeful ex) may distract them for a while, but in the end they'll realize that they belong together.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:10   Link #1995
Key Board
Carbon

Spoiler:

As some may have already speculated, this is probably Saki in Haruto's body planning to harass the blonde
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:10   Link #1996
Destined_Fate

Nothing says that L-Elf cannot change his mind and decide to share after all.

-

Didn't think of that. It could be Saki stealing Haruto's body or Haruto just feeling the "swag" factor because he "got with" Saki.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:26   Link #1997
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Nothing says that L-Elf cannot change his mind and decide to share after all.

-

Didn't think of that. It could be Saki stealing Haruto's body or Haruto just feeling the "swag" factor because he "got with" Saki.
I don't think he's like that..

then again, being vampire can change you
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:26   Link #1998
Raxnom
気疲れ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
But let's face it: Haruto and L-Elf are meant to be. The women around them (and A-Drei, the vengeful ex) may distract them for a while, but in the end they'll realize that they belong together.
For some reason I bursted into laugh reading this. This one will never disappear huh.

O/T. When will this get a subforum? There are many interesting topics to discuss. Space Vampire, DORSIA vs ARUS status, Love-Triangle, the Valvrave itself and it's other modes or mechs or whatever those were at the end of EP05.
Old 2013-05-10, 15:44   Link #1999
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

I knew Saki was the best. But this ep pretty much solidified and bolted it down to the ground. And rofl at Valvrave-tan.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-10, 15:49   Link #2000
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I agree with Valvrave having its own subforum.

There needs to be character discussions along with OP/ED too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
I knew Saki was the best.
She's genre savvy, level-headed, has a sweet giggle, and loves slapping people.

What's not to like?
playmaker2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire