2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.53%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-16, 04:05   Link #81
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3chan
I wanna know what japanese people think about this episode. Do they really think the dragon is cool? Maybe from 2ch, anyone who read japanese, please?
As odd as we may perceive Japanese culture to be at times, I'd imagine their reaction to this wouldn't be totally dissimilar to ours.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80
The way they avoided the sex scenes are pretty lame. They could've done what countless ecchi anime did, just cut off the scen when the get into bed and/or have some sheets pulled over them. As it is right now, the digital dragon/bird is really lame. Other than that, I love this ep. Looks like Shirou is going to create a Excalibur replica, next ep should be good.
I think the real problem with the entire sequence was that they caught themselves halfway. On one hand they didn't want to explicitly show sex, but on the other hand they alluded to it with the Rin kiss and Saber blushing and skin contact, etc, etc. Rather than trying to write a completely new method for mana regen, they compromised by hinting at the old one and it completely failed. The result: a poorly animated CG dragon innuendo metaphor and the complete death of the well established atmosphere that has been a highlight in F/SN to date.

The Rin kiss was another unbelievably tacky moment that I don't think has been harped on enough. "It's part of the ritual preparation". God! I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cringe at this scene.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 04:13   Link #82
Mentar
Banned

Rin continues to be the MVP of the show. Not only in the show, where she continues to be the party's brain and leader, but she also helps other characters to reach their full potential. Not to mention that she's both cute and fun. She alone would be sufficient reason for me to watch this already.

Not knowing the show and having successfully avoided being spoiled, I doubt that she will die. She may not be the romantic match for Shirou (this part is obviously reserved for Saber), but she'll be and remain very close. The first shot in the OP should be indication enough for that.

I'm more curious about her relationship to Sakura. One more time they're hinting about a link. I _think_ I've got the right idea already, but we'll have to see.

Spoiler:

Soooo let's see where this goes.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 04:22   Link #83
Khaos

Gave it a 6...well could have been much more without that dragon...that was the most useless and stupid scene in an anime I've seen for a long time!
First it was like: Yay, Rin starts the whole thing, then Shiro takes Rins place, he is above her, then...WTF???!?!??!?!...and they wake up completely clothed.

At least, they could have given them a blanket, then they wouldn't have needed (hope this grammatic construction is correct) to show them naked, but they still could have been, at least that would have been more plausible.

I give this dragon-scene the award for the most ridiculous avoidance of a sex scene.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 05:18   Link #84
Boukenxha

I don't think they have sex, Shirou's spirit left his body during that scene, it was a spiritual ritual, not a physical ritual. What I thought is that they should exclude the foreplay altogether since they were not having sex, I felt that was over-extravagant, perhaps to get by Saber's high magic resistance? On the other hand, [no foreplay=less blushing Saber] in the future, that's a Herculean-sized objection! On no I'm in conflict!

To put things in perspective, seriously I think the idea wasn't bad but the execution was weak (that includes the choice of using full CG for the dragon). I'm actually glad they do away with the sex=mana law for the anime, I shudder to think how many more times the anime need to show the characters have sex to transfer mana. Well I'm also guessing that some of the other motives to have sex (? I don't know for sure what they are yet) in the game could be easily evaded in the larger scheme of the story, seeing as we haven't got much episode left. It also helps that they have chosen a one time settles all solution for Saber's mana problem. Farewell CG dragon, au revoir~! I can't explain why Rin kept this method a secret other than to protect Shirou's future as a magician, that sounds convincing enough though.

PS: I'm neutral on the new OP, but if what it's hinting of Archer's return is true, I'm excited to see it. Btw I thought the spotlight should be on C_______ next episode, but the episode title says otherwise?
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:12   Link #85
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well the OP is something that could be very interesting. I mean seeing a fight between Shirou and Archer would be pretty cool. Though I hope they don't bring him back as evil since that would ruin the cool guy build up they did so far.

"That guy he was a Jerk until the end" You can feel the love can't you? Though she didn't want his efforts to go to waste.

As long as they don't feel it is needed to bring back CG dragon I'll be ok with the series going forward. Just don't squish Rin she doesnt' have auto-heal like Shirou and Saber!
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:19   Link #86
kamikazex

10/10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol thats what i gave all the eps so far. since they're all good
the new OP is nice
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:26   Link #87
Mephisto2k
anime4life

I think the mana transfere scene was just poor scene design and skripting. The very fact that we all know that there is supposed to be a sex scene even though most of us havnt played the game is proof for that. They tried to avoid the sex scene and miserably failed to give a resonable alternative. Some said they could just darken the screen and show the next morning, as it is done in many other movies and anime. Thats however only valid if they wanted to avoid the visual aspect of the sex. I think the tried to avoid to imply sex in their storyline. Yet the scene seem to have adopted everything from the game 1:1 up to the point where they are supposed to have sex, just without the sex....
They speak of much skin contact when they acctually do nothing. They allmost start undressing themselfs when its acctually of no use. I even wonder what the kiss was for.
I could easyly come up with lots of other better solutions. Something like the are supposed to kiss in a magic circle. Or to hug tightly in a circle so that the spirit can enter sabers body. Yet not only the concept of the manatransfer was done poorly but also the dragon was of poor cg design. Furthermore I was a bit surprised as Rin just jumped out of the tree and acctually killed berserk to say the least. I know Rin is a powerfull magican and everything, but arnt magicans supposed not to be able to stand a chance against slaves? Yet rin just jumps out of the tree and take a away "1 life" of the most powerfull one with just one loosy fire attack or whatever. The atack didnt even seem very powerfull. Maybe they will explain later what kind of powerup or whatever she used to make an powerfull atack like that, which yet didnt look very powerful.

But dont get me wrong; Besides all the complaining i still think this episode was a good one and fst is probably my fav serie im following right now. I just hope it doesnt go downhill from here as for as skripting, scene design, story and animation are concerned.
Mephisto2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:33   Link #88
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar

Spoiler:

Soooo let's see where this goes.
Interesting deductive power you have there.
Old 2006-04-16, 06:49   Link #89
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight
Well the OP is something that could be very interesting. I mean seeing a fight between Shirou and Archer would be pretty cool. Though I hope they don't bring him back as evil since that would ruin the cool guy build up they did so far.

"That guy he was a Jerk until the end" You can feel the love can't you? Though she didn't want his efforts to go to waste.

As long as they don't feel it is needed to bring back CG dragon I'll be ok with the series going forward. Just don't squish Rin she doesnt' have auto-heal like Shirou and Saber!
lol yeah they better not squish rin
Old 2006-04-16, 06:54   Link #90
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
They can't squish Rin. Saber is just a servant, and Shirou knows basically nothing about magic still. How is he going to survive without her? Besides we already saw in the ep preview the sword he traced, so we know he's going to save the day.

Now if only he could trace some common sense...

btw, like other people said, if the OP is any hint about Archer, this series is going to get A LOT more exciting. Hooray for not following the Fate path all the way.!
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 06:55   Link #91
kamikazex

lol
sucks for rin
sleeping byherself on the floor.
Old 2006-04-16, 07:04   Link #92
kamikazex

wow every week i wait the new epsode to come out by the time i finish it
i'd want to watch the next epsode even more
FSN = ADDICTING!!!
Old 2006-04-16, 07:14   Link #93
kujoe
from head to heel

In my opinion, even if they wanted to show the mana transfer sex scene tastefully, it would just feel so awkward if it were done at this point in the series. Sure, you can try justifying this if it was the game we're talking about here, but usually these things are part of the climax of the show—one of the higher points—and they're usually placed somewhere around the end. It was inevitable that they would have to skip it somehow, which was tricky—considering that it had to be done just right after Archer fought with Berserker.

They were probably just giving the fans some blatant service, but then went straight back to business and decided to put that dragon in there. It's just weird really. I think it would've been better if they simply picked a "it's either this or that" approach instead of trying to go both directions.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 07:19   Link #94
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265
Judging from the title, I'm wondering it the producers plan to change the plot.
& judging from the preview for the nexted episode, you can see Caliburn.
Old 2006-04-16, 08:02   Link #95
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
-_-;;;....... rin nearly took off saber's clothes.... i love the part where shirou finished the mana replenishment and saber is blushing when she noticed she is not wearing her ribbon.....-_-;;;
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 08:06   Link #96
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Ugg...how on earth are you guys all talking about sex...
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 08:10   Link #97
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon
Ugg...how on earth are you guys all talking about sex...
How's that a question? o.o
Old 2006-04-16, 08:17   Link #98
Khaos

Yup, they didn't have sex at all, and that's ok (although I'm sure, many people would've liked it more, if they hadn't, even if it wouldn't have been shown directly.), but at least, it should have been some good astral replacement for sex, like their "clean and pure" naked astrals bodies embracing each other tightly or becoming one. It's not like something like this has never been shown in other animes before.

And what sense does it make, that Rin kisses Shirou once and then hugs Saber for a few seconds? Now this is what I call veeryy intense and reeaally good preparations for a ritual where one magician gets his magical circuit ripped out and transferred to his servant. That's just dumb fanservice for a little Saber-Rin-could-be-called-yuri-scene and another award: The most trivial and meaningless kiss ever!

That dragon ripped out his magical circuit, alright...but why that dragon? What or who was that dragon?? Why didn't Saber herself take it out of Shirou?

*sigh* It's just so poorly done, I can't quit complaining especially after Ep.14...

Somehow it seems, like there actually WAS a sex scene and when everything was done, someone decided not to show it and they had to replace it with some random stuff within a much too little amount of time.
Khaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-16, 08:21   Link #99
Silencers
My best friend is a gun

Send a message via Yahoo to Silencers
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvnphm1
The dragon scene didn't bother me as much as the reuse scene from the earlier fight with saber and berserker. I hope this doesn't become a GSD moment.
Which GSD moment are we talking about? I hope it's not about someone getting Savior-ed or rather, Saber-ed [soory, I couldn't resist the Japanese pun].
Old 2006-04-16, 08:38   Link #100
Silencers
My best friend is a gun

Send a message via Yahoo to Silencers
Oh yeah. in the new OP there's one guy firing a volley of needles [or bullets? ZOMG The Punisher dies and is now a servant! jk] at Saber. Isn't he [she?] the same person who fought Saber in the last War? [as shown in the beginning of Ep.1] Not really asking for spoilers, but I thought that that just suggests that the dude will be back, looking for Saber to ask for more.

I couldn't care less if they [Shiro and Saber] had sex or not. Im just dissapointed at the dragon. They couldn't made it 2D at it would still look cool. And if they could actually do that mana-transfer-spiritual whatever it is. Why could they have not done in at home before Shirou got kidnapped?