Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-04-13, 09:36   Link #1
Silencers
My best friend is a gun

Send a message via Yahoo to Silencers
Two Subtitles at Once

I have a problem with soft subtitles in MKV and OGM containers. I downloaded and installed the latest CCCP [02/22/07], and I have no problem getting the subtitles to show. The thing is, I get two subtitles at once.

This is Swing Girls, which was in AVI by the way.

I tried setting the video to renderless VMR7 and VMR9 in order to allow subtitles, but even if I didn't enable the subtitles (by right clicking) it video would display one of the available subtitle tracks. Even if there's only one subtitle track, it would render one [which I cannot remove] and I can still enable/disable the same subtitle track and I would have two subs on the screen. I have this problem with Final Fantasy movies, too.

If I used other video renderers, I get no subs at all. Ideas, please?
Old 2007-04-13, 09:51   Link #2
martino
makes no files now

The so called "other subtitle" track could be actually hard-encoded on the video, most likely by the broadcasting station. Try to rename the subtitle file (*.srt) so that it won't have the same filename as the video and see what happens, since it won't be autoloaded by VSFilter when the filename with the video doesn't match.
Old 2007-04-13, 10:11   Link #3
Silencers
My best friend is a gun

Send a message via Yahoo to Silencers
It's not hardcoded, and there's only one subtitle file [for swing girls, that is]. As for mkv and ogm, they're all softsubs which won't appear if I use the renderers without the (**) mark.

Anyway, I messed around the VSF settings to 'hide' subtitles when rendering. It works now. Thanks anyway.
Old 2007-04-16, 01:53   Link #4
Dr Cain
Lurker

MPCs internal subtitle engine, or ffdshow's is probably active at the same time as vsfilter, try disabling one of them.