3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 1.53%
Voters: 196. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-04-15, 04:33   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Fate/stay night Episode 15 Discussion thread

Welcome to the discussion thread for the fifteenth episode of Fate/stay night. Air date: Fri 14th Apr 2006 (late Friday night / early Saturday morning)

Please remember this thread is for the anime watcher only. If you want to discuss aspects of the game, then please use the Fate/Stay Night Game Discussion thread

Since the series is licensed the following posts are not allowed!
  • Asking where you can find F/sn downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing F/sn fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading F/sn.
  • Asking for playback help for F/sn episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and raws alike.

You are allowed to discuss the anime but please remember to limit the discussion to the anime story only. In addition, please remain on-topic and do not post any spoilers.

Any spoilers from the game will be deleted. The entire post will be deleted (even if there is just a small part of the post containing spoilers). Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers. THIS INCLUDES THOSE WRITTEN INSIDE SPOILER TAGS!!!!
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 04:44   Link #2
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

At last, the thread is up.

Concerning this ep. I give it a 7 so far. Thanks a lot for the fan-service. I loved it!

Seeing a blushing Saber when Shirou wakes up or when he prevents her from falling was awesome.

The pace slowed down a bit but the plot is still developing. Shirou's abilities seem to be awakening and the relationship between Saber and Shirou is on its way too.

However, WTF was that bloody dragon? They should have drawn instead of making a poor rendered digital dragon... Honestly, I could have seen the same on PSX or Saturn!

Even if it's a metaphor for "having sex" and they did not, they should have made the scene better at the very least.

The part with Berserker and Ilya has taken to much time IMO to start in this episode and we got a cliffhanger end... And Rin seems to be in deep shit right now. "OMG, that guy still has 7 (6?) lives left!"

Otherwise, the OP was pretty good too. I dunno how they are gonna revive Archer (since it will happen, or seems so), but the Caster's choice appears to be the best, or let us say, the most logical. And we got to see Souichiro in the OP so I don't lose faith.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 04:45   Link #3
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
a new op? looking forward to it!
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 05:39   Link #4
Takemi_Ikazuchi

I have reasons to believe that the confrontation between Archer and Shirou will happen in HIS SCREWED UP LITTLE HEAD

while the poorly rendered dragon watches.
Takemi_Ikazuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 06:04   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The new OP really does kick arse - video & song.. even though the song sounds like it should be on Gundam Seed, though in a strange way it fits with F/SN.
Old 2006-04-15, 07:04   Link #6
Ishun

Spoiler:
Ishun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 07:10   Link #7
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishun
Spoiler:
I can somewhat think of a reason....Though that might be a bit spoilerish.

Spoiler for game:

Spoiler for future episodes:

Of course, at this point, it's still all purely speculation. For all we know, the OP is the usual treat of style with no substance.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:02   Link #8
Oberon

Just a little question. From what I've skimmed through in the ep14 thread, a lot of people assume, Shirou ans Saber did the deed, but somehow it didn't seem that way to me. For one, they sure were neatly clothed after supposedly having sex. The unbuttoned blouse was still the way Rin left it, evereything els still in place. Or did they also tidy up while still in trance, after they were finished? They way they depicted it, it seems more like Astral-Shirou entered Saber's inner world and fought the badly integrated cgi-dragon, while their real bodies didn't do anything. Unless the dialogue indicates differently, it didn't seem to me that Shirou got any more real action beyond sleeping fully clothed besides Saber.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:06   Link #9
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberon
Just a little question. From what I've skimmed through in the ep14 thread, a lot of people assume, Shirou ans Saber did the deed, but somehow it didn't seem that way to me. For one, they sure were neatly clothed after supposedly having sex. The unbuttoned blouse was still the way Rin left it, evereything els still in place. Or did they also tidy up while still in trance, after they were finished? They way they depicted it, it seems more like Astral-Shirou entered Saber's inner world and fought the badly integrated cgi-dragon, while their real bodies didn't do anything. Unless the dialogue indicates differently, it didn't seem to me that Shirou got any more real action beyond sleeping fully clothed besides Saber.
He still managed to have a dragon of a time.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:10   Link #10
gammaoh
Reality Marble User

It's a metaphor, an image.

They didn't have sex for real but Shirou "got into" Saber.

When I see the first images when Shirou's astral body leaves the physical body, I can't help but think of a vagina and a womb. Sorry if it's a bit crude. But we're not kids, we can talk seriously about this, can't we?

So, let us say that they both collapsed and nothing happened "sexually" but Shirou did get into Saber, into her intimity.
gammaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:20   Link #11
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

From an objective point of view, this episode was mediocre at best.

But I'm giving this a perfect 10 for it's comedy value. The whole dragon segment alone was funnier than all of SR, Ohran and Haruhi combined.

My stomach totally hurts..and I'm watching for the 4th time.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:42   Link #12
Oberon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaoh
It's a metaphor, an image.

They didn't have sex for real but Shirou "got into" Saber.

When I see the first images when Shirou's astral body leaves the physical body, I can't help but think of a vagina and a womb. Sorry if it's a bit crude. But we're not kids, we can talk seriously about this, can't we?

So, let us say that they both collapsed and nothing happened "sexually" but Shirou did get into Saber, into her intimity.
Yep, that's the way I saw it. Just wanted to make sure, since from some of the posts I got the impression people think they saw more than actually happened.

If I were to judge the way the team did it, I'd say they should have stuck to one of the two possibilities. Either leave the fanservice bits out and have it completely take place on a metaphysical level (inner world, dragon and so on), or let them have sex as in the game (since it's tv, maybe a kiss followed by a fade to black with the aftermath is enough), without some cgi-dragon popping up along the way. The way they did it to have it both ways seemed rather awkward and lent itself to be unintentionally funny.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 08:45   Link #13
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Well, we knew that they'd somehow go around the sex scene, and i think it went pretty well.. but the dragon was kind of random. ^^;
Old 2006-04-15, 09:01   Link #14
Freakman

Honestly my ribs were hurting from the double entendres and the hilarious dragon scene.
I love how they kept playing on the word seikou, which can be written 成功 (success)、but also as 性交 (sexual intercourse).
I almost died from laughing when in the morning, Shirou says after waking up : "成功したんだな。" (Which can be understood as "It worked" or "We had sex")
Freakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 09:52   Link #15
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

So anyone heard any good Dragon and Elephant jokes lately?
Old 2006-04-15, 09:53   Link #16
Ronbo

I imagine that what Shirou and Saber shared was much more intense than just mere physical contact! Strictly speaking he entered her spiritually, not physically, and although we perceive sex as a physical act I can only imagine what it would be like when two souls combine.
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 09:57   Link #17
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo
I imagine that what Shirou and Saber shared was much more intense than just mere physical contact! Strictly speaking he entered her spiritually, not physically, and although we perceive sex as a physical act I can only imagine what it would be like when two souls combine.
like a dragon biting your arm off
Old 2006-04-15, 10:02   Link #18
Ronbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
like a dragon biting your arm off
Better that somthing else!
Ronbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-15, 10:13   Link #19
DwArD
mAnIaC

Apart from the cliffhangers, I pretty much like this episode. Its not very often we get to see Saber blushing you know. And what's with Saber anyway. She once stood naked in front of Shirou and now she's blushing and feeling embarrased just because one of her buttons are off!? Nonetheless, I'll give it a 10 for all the Saber-kawaiiness.
Old 2006-04-15, 10:18   Link #20
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronbo
Better that somthing else!
Having our elephant bitten off would hurt worse