Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
Are there any petitions yet?
>>>>IT'S OVER 1000 <<<<
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 18:11   Link #122
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Wait a minute Kyero, you said in one post that Bayonetta "still turned out sucking more thann just candy" then said it was awesome in another. So which is it or wtf do you mean?
Old 2010-09-17, 18:13   Link #123
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
wtf...

You were bitching and whining about Bayonetta for weeks before you played the full game, whats with this revisionist bullcrap?
People change in awkward ways? Also this is news to me that Kyero Fox was whining about something before it released.. (But its none of my business to think about)
Old 2010-09-17, 18:36   Link #124
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
wtf...

You were bitching and whining about Bayonetta for weeks before you played the full game, whats with this revisionist bullcrap?
Yea but it was out, Before it actually came out I was like "meh" then it came out and i saw previews and spoilers. I admit my Opinions were a bit out there. but when i played and beat the game I was actually able to judge it 110%.

But yea, Unless the game is Pure shit like X blades. I'll give it a chance (unless its really not in my taste, but even those i dont evne bother talking about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal_Devil View Post
Wait a minute Kyero, you said in one post that Bayonetta "still turned out sucking more thann just candy" then said it was awesome in another. So which is it or wtf do you mean?
the gameplay was good, thats it... I can forgive and overlook crappy gameplay for good story and characters, but not the oppposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
A smack to the face to any GOOD fan? yea fuck that, any GOOD fan would give it a chance.
Old 2010-09-17, 18:57   Link #125
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
yea fuck that, any GOOD fan would give it a chance.
Who are you to say what makes a good fan or a bad fan? Seriously, just because we're not placing great in faith in what we've seen so far like you have doesn't make us any better or worse a fan than you.

Can you tell me what you think Ninja Theory has done well enough gamplay wise that they can make something like 1, 3, and 4? Or are you okay with DMC playing more like God of War? You may say I'm assuming too much here but there's more to support the assumption they'll go GOW with this based on their past games.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:08   Link #126
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

who are they to say GOOD fans should hate/dislike the game? Hmm?
Old 2010-09-17, 19:09   Link #127
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
who are they to say GOOD fans should hate/dislike the game? Hmm?
I never said that was right either. Being the opposite end of a bad extreme is still a bad extreme.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:10   Link #128
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Man, this thread should be retitled "Devil Made us Cry."
Old 2010-09-17, 19:17   Link #129
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
lol thats a good one XD
Old 2010-09-17, 19:25   Link #130
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Who are you to say what makes a good fan or a bad fan? Seriously, just because we're not placing great in faith in what we've seen so far like you have doesn't make us any better or worse a fan than you.

Can you tell me what you think Ninja Theory has done well enough gamplay wise that they can make something like 1, 3, and 4? Or are you okay with DMC playing more like God of War? You may say I'm assuming too much here but there's more to support the assumption they'll go GOW with this based on their past games.
To be fair, 1`s gameplay doesn't hold a candle to 3 and 4's. Yeah it was goundbreaking but in direct comparison it pales. Anyway, I have trust in Ninja Theory to bring us a good dmc, no doubt. My only complain is Capcom's (?) totally incompetent decision.

I mean come on, Dante, arguably the coolest video game character in gaming, second only to the Duke himself maybe, being replaced by this?! What I want to say ist that not only moralwise or however you may want to call it, but also from a marketing perspective, this is a really bad decision. People love Dante, not only in Japan. I'm not sure if Capcom is aware of that, but you won't find any top ten coolest character list anywhere without Dante in it. It's like saying "I don't think Italians like spaghetti, let's give 'em Sushi instead"...

I mean did the dmc games sell bad, or why did they come to the conclusion of having to redesign their franchise's leading man? Even if they did, this definately is the wrong way of trying to improve the sales. People love Dante, both in the east and in the west, even many of those who've never really played a game of the series, and Capcom wanting to replace him, imo, is a clear sign of them not understanding their audience.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:26   Link #131
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
lol thats a good one XD
I'm asking you again. What about Ninja Theory do you think makes them a great fit for DMC outside of narrative? What about Heavenly Sword and the Enslaved demo makes this the perfect next game for them?

Quote:
To be fair, 1`s gameplay doesn't hold a candle to 3 and 4's. Yeah it was goundbreaking but in direct comparison it pales .
The thing is 3 and 4 shifted the focus some. The most simple way of putting it is DMC1 was about the enemies and DMC3 was about Dante. What I mean is that DMC1 still has the best enemies in terms of AI and design. The focus was on working around them to get a good hit in (thus the Critical Hit system) with what Dante had available. 1 also has the best environment and atmosphere. Starting in 3, the shift went to making Dante play better. He has way more moves and weapons at his disposal in 3 but the enemies aren't as good as 1. 3's enemies were glorified punching bags most of the time. DMC4 improved the enemies somewhat but also removed stuff from Dante. The perfect Devil May Cry would thus have DMC1's enemies with DMC3's Dante

Quote:
I mean did the dmc games sell bad,
DMC4 is actually the 7th best best selling game in Capcom's history. This also adds the how puzzling this decision is.

Last edited by Royal_Devil; 2010-09-17 at 19:57.
Royal_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 19:32   Link #132
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I'm sure they will try their best, I mean they SHOULD.. its DMC, if they fuck this up... they might as well disband

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
I've read his posts in the Bayo thread... but I've realized it's much (a lot) better to just ignore his posts.

Most of the time he'll just repeat himself with biased opinions, in case no one heard him the first time. (¬_¬)
and from time to time I keep thinking I should Block people like you, but na why be a prick about it and just ignore the posts when I see it?

Quote:
I'm asking you again. What about Ninja Theory do you think makes them a great fit for DMC outside of narrative? What about Heavenly Sword and the Enslaved demo makes this the perfect next game for them?
ok look, I havent even heard of the damn company until yesterday. and ya know what? I don't care! I'm still gonna give it a freakin chance! Sure I wish the original people did it. But hey, maybe a change would be cool? How many more games would it take for them to ruin dante's original image?
Old 2010-09-17, 19:37   Link #133
Royal_Devil
Powder Hunter

Quote:
I'm sure they will try their best, I mean they SHOULD.. its DMC, if they fuck this up... they might as well disband
Keep in mind, Sony gave them a lot of money and support to make Heavenly Sword something that would sell PS3's early in its release. They pretty much had as much on the line as with this. The PS3 needed system sellers. Even with that, they failed so Sony canceled any plans for a HS sequel and will not be publishing the multi-platform Enslaved.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:41   Link #134
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Keep in mind, Sony gave them a lot of money and support to make Heavenly Sword something that would sell PS3's early in its release. They pretty much had as much on the line as with this. The PS3 needed system sellers. Even with that, they failed so Sony canceled any plans for a HS sequel and will not be publishing the multi-platform Enslaved.
I'll keep that in mind when Im not dissapointed if it fails. just a "oh well" *plays Fallout new vegas*
Old 2010-09-17, 20:00   Link #135
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
I'm going to wait and see how Ninja Theory's new game Enslaved: Odyssey to the West fare before I cast judgment on the new DMC reboot as a way of seeing if the new studio has what it takes to reboot the DMC franchise. Just like with Obsidian doing the new Fallout: New Vegas after their Alpha Protocol fiasco.
Alpha Protocol was largely a hit or a miss. A miss for me.

But with regard to Fallout: New Vegas, the guys at Obsidian are veterans. In fact, they're made up of some of the original folks who worked on the original Fallout games, 1 & 2. Bethesda may have improved the level of immersion and gameplay (not all would agree though), but I think these guys are better suited to crafting what the Fallout setting is all about. So in other words, it's a good mix of the old and the new... or at least I hope so. Here's an article on it.

As for this reboot of the DMC franchise, I guess that's practically what it is: a reimagining. From what I'm seeing so far, I can already say that I'm disappointed at the art direction this game is taking. I get it. It's gritty and dark. Lots of youth culture (what is youth culture?) or an interpretation of it. It looks oh so generic so far.

On the other hand, there's still the gameplay which we have yet to see. So... I don't know. Without seeing how the game plays, it's hard to see how the entire package will look like, but it just doesn't look 'fun' right now.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 20:17   Link #136
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

With playstation move I could see the Whip/sword thingy being used in PSM which would be awesome.

nevermind, its multiplat so little chance they will do that

on another note, I'm gonna cosplay the new Dante just for laughs at the next chance i get to.

Last edited by Kyero Fox; 2010-09-17 at 20:27.
Kyero Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-17, 22:37   Link #137
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

heh, look what I found on the Ninja Theory Forums
Spoiler for Dante vs. The World:
Old 2010-09-17, 23:41   Link #138
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
oh God XD that was epic, cookies
Old 2010-09-17, 23:52   Link #139
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
You deserve a reward for this hilarious picture
Old 2010-09-18, 02:38   Link #140
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Absolutely. Tears of frustration fuel this thread.

Quote:
I mean did the dmc games sell bad, or why did they come to the conclusion of having to redesign their franchise's leading man? Even if they did, this definately is the wrong way of trying to improve the sales. People love Dante, both in the east and in the west, even many of those who've never really played a game of the series, and Capcom wanting to replace him, imo, is a clear sign of them not understanding their audience.
As I mentioned earlier (and if I remember correctly), Capcom said that for survival in the near future, economy-wise, they have to cooperate with the western world a lot more. That includes having DMC5 like that, with the addition of any newer Lost Planet/Resident Evil games. Which is a ridiculous move from the fans' standpoint of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Really? Last thing i heard was, We are firing our devs and outsourcing our titles. It is a quiet strange move, considering that capcom last few outsources titles to western developers failed miserably, see Bionic Commando and Dark Void. Looks like non MT-Framework titles are destined to fail.
Wonder what kind of engine Ninja Theory will use for dmc5
One or the other, maybe a bit of both. Who knows for sure with that bunch.

Engine, huh? What did they make for their last games?

Last edited by Larthak; 2010-09-18 at 04:52.
Larthak is offline   Reply With Quote