AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-03-16, 21:17   Link #61
Noodle

Quote:
Just buy the licensed media when it comes out. I specifically went out to hunt down and buy the licensed manga when it was released (Vol 1-6, still missing vol 2) and deleted my scanlates. If you don't support the companies by paying for their work, how are they to survive and continue to produce what you enjoy? Do you think they & their families' stomachs will be full with thinking "Wow those freeloaders really enjoy my stolen work! I'm so happy. This compensates me getting laid off when the company has gone bust with no sales!"
wow... thats so deep. I never knew that the Japanese animators live off of American sales of anime alone. *Hmmmmm* So you're telling they don't charge or get money from the ratings in Japan? So what are they living off of during the times that the anime has not been licensed yet? So you're tell me that if a company like ADV or something the animators are going to starve? OMFG!!!! QUICK LICENSE ALL THE ANIME BEFORE ALL THE JAPANESE ANIMATORS STARVE!
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-16, 21:29   Link #62
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Void
- I know DUbbing is hard and sometimes sucks completly so they should have a option for original voices with subtitles

-I know it takes time to do anything BUT fansubs release things fast for free so a company that makes money of this should release it faster.

-Question Where and how would i now buy this? When also =p

As far as licensing goes oh well i d rather have it free but nothing stays free for long i am just hoping they dont licence naruto becuase that be a pain to keep buying.
1)The dub doesn't suck but you are to use to japanese track that you don't want to except the dub.This happen to many people.ADV's ISAM dub has been rate very high on alot on site.

2)There a thing for licensing agreement where they are allow to do some stuff and not allow to do some stuff. (Ex CC has been rename by Gonzo and ADV has to do it.)plus ADV is trying their best to release the thing as fast as possible by setting it in fall 2004.not alot of company can do that.There are also dubbing poscess,production,menu design and cover design. alot of you are not aware of.

3)you know the japanese release DVD too right?The japanese company are afraid that the japanese will import the US version and they will lose money for it.

4)any japanese webpage that let you import? or try www.amazon.com
BanditKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 02:49   Link #63
Mashimaro
q8D

Please find out the dvd release in US. Or canada.
I love this series and I will buy TeH DvD. ;[[
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 03:05   Link #64
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle
wow... thats so deep. I never knew that the Japanese animators live off of American sales of anime alone. *Hmmmmm* So you're telling they don't charge or get money from the ratings in Japan? So what are they living off of during the times that the anime has not been licensed yet? So you're tell me that if a company like ADV or something the animators are going to starve? OMFG!!!! QUICK LICENSE ALL THE ANIME BEFORE ALL THE JAPANESE ANIMATORS STARVE!
Wow... amazing.. looks like you expect all the people who buy legal merchandise to support your freeloading illegal activities. Here's a thought. Vote for the government to pay criminals to steal from you.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 03:18   Link #65
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
he was just saying that anime that comes over here is only a secondary cash flow
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 04:12   Link #66
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MwyC
he was just saying that anime that comes over here is only a secondary cash flow
No... anime that goes over to foreign sites are a source of income and may have supplemented struggling anime houses enough to continue to make it big.

Not only that the importers/distributors are deriving revenue from this source to help keep their employees employed as well as encouraging consumer expenditure (which in economics stimulate the economy).

So what is the justification for stealing a luxury good? None. You won't die from not watching it. You never paid for it and hence get no right to state an ownership claim and/or recompensation.

So let's just sit back and watch fansubs. Don't ever complain if they are gone because they were never ours to begin with.
Old 2004-03-17, 14:23   Link #67
Lemartes

you really are two faced..somehow.
If you've the point of view that watching fansubs is a crime, it doesn't matter if you're watching an anime which is licensed or not licensed. It's a crime either way.
Since you've commited a crime, it doesn't matter if you care or not about the anime getting licensed. You're a criminal.
Therefore the one who is complaining isn't worse than you.

I bet much more ppl would buy animes if they'd put more than 3-4 eps on one dvd and sell it for 20-30$.
Lemartes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 14:42   Link #68
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
In my opinion though, often times when they do go and license stuff in America they sell DVDs at completely unreasonable prices. How much money do the original animators actually get from those $30+ we spend on the DVD? How much actually goes to people who translate the anime or to raw materials? How much just goes to greedy people who want to rip of buyers?

It's too bad, America is not like Asia where legitimate companys often have competitions with bootleg companies. Not saying bootleg stuff is good, but becuase of the popularity of bootleg disks, legitimate companies are force to sell their stuff at a reasonable price.
Ori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 16:14   Link #69
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Oh my God, people, quit whining. You are not entitled to free anime. You should be thanking ADV for doing you the favor of bringing this anime into the United States. Licensed means you'll get to buy the DVDs and legally obtain translated anime, so go out and do so when they come out.

By the way, Ori, your theory of bootlegging and competition doesn't hold up. To buy four episodes in Japan, you'd need to purchase two DVDs and spend roughly $80.
Old 2004-03-17, 16:21   Link #70
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
In my opinion though, often times when they do go and license stuff in America they sell DVDs at completely unreasonable prices. How much money do the original animators actually get from those $30+ we spend on the DVD? How much actually goes to people who translate the anime or to raw materials? How much just goes to greedy people who want to rip of buyers?
God this is so funny.Do you know how much the japanese have to pay for their dvd?

1 or 2 ep per disc nearly $50.

and we are getting 3 or 4 for $30 and that only if you buy at retailer.
online you can get near $18 bucks.
Old 2004-03-17, 16:51   Link #71
Anime_Void

Eh anything over id pay max of 50$ for 20 episodes and thats pushing my budgets Movies should not cost as much as a video game >.< they arent as replayble
Anime_Void is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 16:54   Link #72
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

$50 for 20 episodes?

What are you buying? Bootlegs? Or did you mean "$50 for 2 episodes?"
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 16:55   Link #73
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Void
Eh anything over id pay max of 50$ for 20 episodes and thats pushing my budgets Movies should not cost as much as a video game >.< they arent as replayble
you know I heard that japanese game cost nearly 100 buck and it still sale very well.
Old 2004-03-17, 17:32   Link #74
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Apparently people cannot understand the difference between committing wrong honestly (sic ) and trying to cover up their misdeeds.

I believe Crimson shares the same stance as me (correct me if incorrect Crimson). Fansubbing is illegal. But we download them. We know it is wrong and we commit the wrong and acknowledge what we did is wrong. So? What is two faced about that?

The problem & the factor we find irritating is the people who thinks that commiting this wrong is a 'right' and demand people to supply them with the contraband as if it is a public good.

Just buy the licensed media when it comes out. I specifically went out to hunt down and buy the licensed manga when it was released (Vol 1-6, still missing vol 2) and deleted my scanlates. If you don't support the companies by paying for their work, how are they to survive and continue to produce what you enjoy? Do you think they & their families' stomachs will be full with thinking "Wow those freeloaders really enjoy my stolen work! I'm so happy. This compensates me getting laid off when the company has gone bust with no sales!"
Thats exactly the point i was trying to make. I think the problem is that some people just don't realize that when we download anime, its illegal. And i think thats mainly because we don't see anime companies suing people over it. But when then they have to realize that when something is licensed by a company, we can't ague over it.

Chrno Crusade is a great anime, am i mad that its licensed? nope. Do i wish i was able to see all of it before its licensed? yes, but i would still buy it when it comes out since i love it that much. And actually, it being licensed before it was completely fansubed gives me even more reason to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditKing
I'm the same as you man

I have tons of friend living in europe and they are importing anime easy and cheap I don't get why other people can't do it.

Oh yeah I saw you on animeondvd I have an sn there too.

off topic but what the anime on your sig?
She is Viola from Kiddy Grade. This image came from a poster in Megami Magazine ^^

Last edited by Crimson; 2004-03-17 at 17:51.
Crimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 18:08   Link #75
ShinDragon

Compare to other company, ADV is being cheap..........
Consider the stuff that comes with the speical edition DVD Box.

If ADV will do stuff like this.
http://chrno.happiani.com/dvd.html
Then yes.... I'll buy the ADV version.
So far, Chobits & .hack's Special Edition DVDs are pretty good. (None of both are by ADV)
ShinDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:10   Link #76
jason5587

OHH!! I right...Viola...and Cesario. I remember now!
jason5587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:47   Link #77
Noodle

hmmm so its around $30 for 1 DVD and each DVD has around 4 episodes so that will give us $180 for 1 anime series?.....

thats alot for an anime. I wonder how many people are going to actually go out and buy this series. And those of you how says you are glad and hope that all anime should be license are filthy rich. (You're able to afford all of these anime at these really high prices)
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-17, 19:57   Link #78
BanditKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodle
hmmm so its around $30 for 1 DVD and each DVD has around 4 episodes so that will give us $180 for 1 anime series?.....

holy shit. Those blood sucking bastards
remember try to get it online store because it only cost $18 for Bandai,ADV and MB disc.$23 for Geneon and FUNI.(some site might even sell it lower then this)
*note the price are for retailer selling it at $30

so $108 for a series is a big different to $180 for a series.
Old 2004-03-17, 21:26   Link #79
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemartes
you really are two faced..somehow.
If you've the point of view that watching fansubs is a crime, it doesn't matter if you're watching an anime which is licensed or not licensed. It's a crime either way.
Since you've commited a crime, it doesn't matter if you care or not about the anime getting licensed. You're a criminal.
Therefore the one who is complaining isn't worse than you.

I bet much more ppl would buy animes if they'd put more than 3-4 eps on one dvd and sell it for 20-30$.
What is being two-faced about acknowledging what is wrong and preventing people from committing another wrong?

So a thief is supposed to let a murderer go scott-free? Or a town bully is supposed to allow a gang to wreck up the whole place just because he's considered in the same position?

My whole position is not to stop people watching fansubs. My whole argument is against the people who think that watching fansub is a "god-given right" and everyone should throw everything away to give them that. It is not, watching fansub is a 'luxury' contraband. It is not a necessity.

It seems that people are just too ready to defend & justify their 'right' that they are blindly jumping on the rest that acknowledge & accept the status of fansubs.
Old 2004-03-17, 21:30   Link #80
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

How about we simply end the argument of whether it is right to download licensed anime? It's been done scores of times in the past without anyone ever changing their viewpoint. You've all had your say. Some of you have been persuasive and some of you haven't. Regardless of which side you're on, the fact is that it is getting rather repetitive now so it is time to stop.

Next person to continue the argument - on either side - gets a ban.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote