AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2010-06-29, 11:59   Link #6921
xellos2099

I think Wataru's dad is operating a hotpot chain isn't he?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 15:03   Link #6922
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I can confirm Chiharu want to rent an apartment since her parent were planning to open an intestine hotpot with someoen he met in Hawaii and she felt it is a bad idea and claim if they do it she will move away from home. As I recall, someone's parent is also operating a hotpot chain...

Come to think of it, before the golden week arc start, the author said that Chiharu's fate will intervene with Nagi and Hayate. Chiharu also seems to take a liking to Hayate or rather his skill. In addition, Nagi is back to annoying mode this chapter...
Chiharu renting a place doesn't exactly make a whole lot of sense. She works nearby for an Ojou, couldn't she just ask to become a live-in maid instead of going home like she seems to be? Sakuya lives close enough that she had the intent to going to Hauko.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-29, 17:14   Link #6923
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastion_Arcion View Post
Chiharu renting a place doesn't exactly make a whole lot of sense. She works nearby for an Ojou, couldn't she just ask to become a live-in maid instead of going home like she seems to be? Sakuya lives close enough that she had the intent to going to Hauko.
well she could be wanting her own place. she can't really bring friends over if she was live-in maid.
Old 2010-07-01, 23:35   Link #6924
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

This post would've been strictly a harem +1 post for Chiharu, but I just remembered that he can make any girl his, so he can't really +1 his harem anymore.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 01:08   Link #6925
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Apparently she doesn't want to trouble Saukya.

If a corrupt court will not behead an evil king, than the watchman should do it himself.
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 15:56   Link #6926
The Sandman

Quote:
Athena moving in is probably a 0. Her mode-of-operation is completely opposite letting herself be seen like this (she's hinted that she's been watching Hayate ever since he came to the school, but only appeared once he'd gone to Athens).
That was definitely true before the Mykonos arc, but I can't help but think that in her last appearance she was hinting that she's going to compete more openly now. Giving up the childhood connection, after all, means that she's now free to try to make a new, more mature connection.

And, of course, it would be funny.

I think Izumi's brother is another possibility for a tenant. At the very least, he's going to try to rent a room there; I doubt that he'll be allowed to actually do so.
The Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-02, 18:46   Link #6927
Bastion_Arcion
*boot to the head*

Send a message via AIM to Bastion_Arcion Send a message via MSN to Bastion_Arcion
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandman View Post
That was definitely true before the Mykonos arc, but I can't help but think that in her last appearance she was hinting that she's going to compete more openly now. Giving up the childhood connection, after all, means that she's now free to try to make a new, more mature connection.
Before the end of the last arc, there was a slight possibility. The way she left Nagi with the ring box proved that she doesn't operate openly (her actions towards Hayate were hers, not Midas), thus completely negating the possibility of her taking up a residence.
While her antagonist property is still up-in-the-air, that chapter proved that she was a Manipulative Bastard, in that she doesn't place herself on the playing field.

Would people quit throwing my faith in humanity being intelligent a shovel?
... Apparently there are now people in existence who are unable to use a shovel.

Programming today is a race between programmers trying to create better idiot-proof programs, and the world creating better idiots.
The world is winning.. by leaps and bounds.

Body Language and Intonation can convey large amounts of information with a single word.
Bastion_Arcion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-03, 03:11   Link #6928
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

Haru flag! Been waiting for something like this for years.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 11:25   Link #6929
jsgdarkmage
Simple Mage

Dial A for Athena and machima moving to Hayate's place
jsgdarkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 00:59   Link #6930
arand017

*Starts Dialing A

xD, well, it would be nice to see Chiharu appear more often in the series discussing anime with Nagi, but, let's see how it plays out
arand017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 06:42   Link #6931
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsgdarkmage View Post
Or give Chiharu a blonde dye and Hayate a crispy tan. There you go.
Old 2010-07-05, 09:00   Link #6932
madmac

Quote:
Heh. But can she really claim to need butler services when she already has one?

In all seriousness, I expect the plot is going to focus on Chiharu, Nagi, and Luca for a while. It was those three plus Hayate and Maria that were on the color page that started this whole arc, and Hata was promising some serious Chiharu attention ages ago.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-06, 07:10   Link #6933
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
Heh. But can she really claim to need butler services when she already has one?
Please, everybody knows that Athena would kill for Hayate's *services* regardless being in company with Machina. He could well be her bodyguard while Hayate provides her other needs.

Quote:
In all seriousness, I expect the plot is going to focus on Chiharu, Nagi, and Luca for a while. It was those three plus Hayate and Maria that were on the color page that started this whole arc, and Hata was promising some serious Chiharu attention ages ago.
I DO agree on this one though, development of other characters seems perfect in this setting, under the same roof in the apartment, though Hayate would again be confronted by his generally naive and dense attitude towards girls (whom really surround him almost any time).

One thing's for sure, its not gonna be a smooth ride for him in this arc (well, almost ALL arcs include him pretty much roughed up) but atleast I do not want a Keitaro Urashima style beat up like in Love Hina.
Old 2010-07-06, 23:19   Link #6934
xellos2099

Just read the new chapter:

Nagi was asking why Chiharu decide to move out and she say it is family issue. Then Chiharu ask what game Nagi was playing and she say Splinter Cell. Chiharu immediately turn off the tv and say she should play game that is for her age and they end up playing a game together.

Afterward, they ask Chiharu to stay for dinner and she said the food is really god and Chiharu and Nagi took a bath together they talk about games and Chiharu decide to rent the place. Afterward, she go back to her room and noticed her parents call her a numbers of time and she look a little worry, Nagi said that and say she won;t rent the rooms to Chiharu but she welcome Chiharu to come and play with her anytime and say family is very important. Chiharu run home only to notice her house is on fire since her parent was practicing hotpot skill. Chiharu go bask and tell Nagi that she need a room afterall.

Overall a pretty decent chapter.
Old 2010-07-07, 13:44   Link #6935
Tom Bombadil

Hayate still brings very fancy tea and food to the table like Nagi's lost of inheritance has never happened. I wonder where the money comes for all those?
Old 2010-07-09, 02:18   Link #6936
qwertyman
Izumi is the best!

I swear, Hata is trying to lure me into a false sense of security with his use of Virtual-on and Temjin.

But I'm not going to be fooled twice, nosiree.
qwertyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 02:44   Link #6937
Bombo
TSF Fans

Spoiler for 279:
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 07:46   Link #6938
bombyethan1000

wow, did some1 say nagi playing splinter cell
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 08:19   Link #6939
madmac

Geek friends are the best friends. Chiharu was awesome in this chapter, and Nagi was adorable. I can see why Hata was saying he thinks Nagi and Chiharu are like sisters now. Hell, I even got an Ayumu cameo!

Loved this chapter.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-09, 18:39   Link #6940
xellos2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
wow, did some1 say nagi playing splinter cell
Well, the chinese scan say she is playing ***nter Cell.

Tags
comedy, shounen