AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-27, 01:48   Link #5661
Marina2

All volley ball team member except Isobe are 1st year ,you know?
Old 2013-03-27, 01:55   Link #5662
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
It might well be that they do get volleyball back to the school, but it would be all new recruits who needed to be trained. So it ends up that they become coaches of the new first years but not being participants themselves.

Keep in mind that by the time we have new people in the school, it would have been a new school year and most tank crews other than Rabbit would be in their final year. The Turtle team by then would have graduated.

The setting of a highschool is strict like that. You only really have 3 years to tell a story.
That's the difference with the British system, what with Form 1 (middle 1st year) up to Form 5, with Form 6 as an elective. Took me a while to wrap my head around the Japanese schooling system - I assume it's inspired/borrowed from the US system?

Still, maybe there's senshado in uni. Afterall, there seems to be a professional senshado league, since one of the Auto Club members dreams of owning a senshado team...

... oh god. Imagine the rivalry of Man U and Arsenal if they're using tanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
All volley ball team member except Isobe are 1st year ,you know?
Really? They looked so much more developed than Rabbit Team's lolis.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 02:02   Link #5663
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Oh yeah, I forgot about that little one liner.

OVA 6 = About 100 KMM students come begging for shelter at Oarai, saying they had been kicked out of KMM for losing. We get insights onto the mentality of the average KMM tanker... In the end, Anzu somehow pulls a few bureaucratic tricks and strings to transfer KMM's tank fleet to Oarai, much to Shiho's disgust - the new, strengthened Oarai tank team is formed.
Ok....Well I'll still reserve opinion until I see it.

How many OVAs are they making?
Old 2013-03-27, 02:21   Link #5664
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Ok....Well I'll still reserve opinion until I see it.

How many OVAs are they making?
Six Ovas are planned.

I got other idea.......the last OVA will be the epilogue for the story. For example: the life of all Oarai team members after they become champion.
Old 2013-03-27, 02:46   Link #5665
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
That doesn't appear to be the case actually, and has been discussed prior. The command tank variant's 100mm of applique armor is highly visible through the bolts holding it in place on the hull along with the much larger towing lugs, and yet Oarai's Tiger (P) doesn't have those.

The first pic is of the Command Tank Tiger (P):

Spoiler for size:
This may because the original Tiger P were built hundred of them with 100mm front already, due Ferdinand Porsche sure his design will win but his design lose after all. Then he try to add more armor to front by bolted it to original hull instead built new one for Commander Tiger P and Ferdinand/Elefant. While Oorai's Tiger P is rebuilt one, it may be created the 200mm front hull in one piece, not 100mm and another 100mm addition armor like historical Tiger P. That why Oorai's Tiger P has original looking without bolts but actually has 200mm front to withstand many shots from 88mm L/70 of King Tiger and Jagdpanther at close range.
Old 2013-03-27, 03:35   Link #5666
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
This may because the original Tiger P were built hundred of them with 100mm front already, due Ferdinand Porsche sure his design will win but his design lose after all. Then he try to add more armor to front by bolted it to original hull instead built new one for Commander Tiger P and Ferdinand/Elefant. While Oorai's Tiger P is rebuilt one, it may be created the 200mm front hull in one piece, not 100mm and another 100mm addition armor like historical Tiger P. That why Oorai's Tiger P has original looking without bolts but actually has 200mm front to withstand many shots from 88mm L/70 of King Tiger and Jagdpanther at close range.
Despite the historical inaccuracy of the tanks' top speed and the G13 Hetzer among other things, the show still tries to portray tanks in their physically correct historical configurations, and we've seen no tank contradict this point. Even Ankou's Panzer IV Ausf.F2 upgrade has the correct look of the bolt-on armor plate on the front of the hull.

The Tiger (P) has never been built in a configuration that gave it 200mm of armor from the start, given that the original specifications only called for 100mm of armor, and all the hulls made only had that much armor. The only Tiger (P) that has a total of 200mm of armor has been the ones with the the bolt-on applique armor, and never factory examples, and that was because said Tiger (P) was following the example set by the Ferdinand/Elefant conversions.

Also, the simplest explanation for the Tiger (P) sustaining that many shots from the Black Forest barrage is due to armor angling, which increases the effectiveness of its 100mm armor by a significant amount (at 45 degrees the Tiger (P)'s relative armor increases to as much as 140mm, and even more at steeper angles). With the Tiger (P) knocking out a Panther and Jagdpanzer IV to its immediate sides to block it from straight attacks in both directions, the only direction from which the other tanks can hit it is at the front, where the Tiger (P)'s orientation angles it against the enemy. Coupled with the tracks acting as ad-hoc spaced armor (where their destruction would have been bad had they been expected to move, but not in this case) and the Tiger (P) being naturally tough in the first place and they would be able to withstand that much fire.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-03-27 at 03:47.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 03:38   Link #5667
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

On the matter of the tank's speed, I think we can safely assume the animators simply sped everything up proportionally to ensure we get more time fighting that getting from place to place.
Old 2013-03-27, 03:47   Link #5668
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm reminded of how, for the paradrop in episode 2, the animators cheated somewhat and increased the C-2's size - IIRC it's 120% of normal - in order for it to fit the Type-10.

Incidentally consensus from Spacebattles is that while you could probably do that for reals IRL, it would be too much of a hassle and a pain in the ass to be practical for long distances or a major movement.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-03-27, 04:02   Link #5669
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

But good for showing off on short drop I imagine. Good for PR, that sort of thing.
Old 2013-03-27, 04:15   Link #5670
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Ankou Team
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-03-27, 06:30   Link #5671
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
I think it's less about the disabling shot than it is about if the Hetzer could really have held up the weight of even half the Maus AND the weight of the Type 89 and keeping the turret from moving for SO long to allow them to take the shot in the first place, lol.
It's been mentioned before that the tanks all have a special carbon coated interior designed to protect the crew at all costs, making the tanks much more tougher than they were originally made. They took advantage of this fact to employ this tactic to take down the Maus. Yuzu even mentions it while they were being crushed.

In any case, I'd say it's GuP equivalent of top secret Chobham armor that the M1 Abrams and Challenger tank use
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 08:03   Link #5672
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

are you guys clam down yet...

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 08:08   Link #5673
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

YouTube

;-;

Old 2013-03-27, 09:15   Link #5674
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
I'm reminded of how, for the paradrop in episode 2, the animators cheated somewhat and increased the C-2's size - IIRC it's 120% of normal - in order for it to fit the Type-10.

Incidentally consensus from Spacebattles is that while you could probably do that for reals IRL, it would be too much of a hassle and a pain in the ass to be practical for long distances or a major movement.
I don't quite remember, but the producers did say that it was a special version of the Kawasaki C-1.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 09:22   Link #5675
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

Quote:
Despite the historical inaccuracy of the tanks' top speed and the G13 Hetzer among other things, the show still tries to portray tanks in their physically correct historical configurations, and we've seen no tank contradict this point. Even Ankou's Panzer IV Ausf.F2 upgrade has the correct look of the bolt-on armor plate on the front of the hull.

The Tiger (P) has never been built in a configuration that gave it 200mm of armor from the start, given that the original specifications only called for 100mm of armor, and all the hulls made only had that much armor. The only Tiger (P) that has a total of 200mm of armor has been the ones with the the bolt-on applique armor, and never factory examples, and that was because said Tiger (P) was following the example set by the Ferdinand/Elefant conversions.

Also, the simplest explanation for the Tiger (P) sustaining that many shots from the Black Forest barrage is due to armor angling, which increases the effectiveness of its 100mm armor by a significant amount (at 45 degrees the Tiger (P)'s relative armor increases to as much as 140mm, and even more at steeper angles). With the Tiger (P) knocking out a Panther and Jagdpanzer IV to its immediate sides to block it from straight attacks in both directions, the only direction from which the other tanks can hit it is at the front, where the Tiger (P)'s orientation angles it against the enemy. Coupled with the tracks acting as ad-hoc spaced armor (where their destruction would have been bad had they been expected to move, but not in this case) and the Tiger (P) being naturally tough in the first place and they would be able to withstand that much fire.
Only 140mm effective armor still can't withstand 88mm L/71's shells from King Tiger and Jagdpanther can penetrate 203mm at below 100m with Pzgr 39 shells, and 237mm with Pzgr 40 shells; 75mm L/70 of Panther and Jagdpanzer IV can penatrate 139mm at below 100m with Pzgr 39 shells and 194mm with Pzgr 40 shells. Moreover, more angle front, less angle side (side armor only 80mm). In ep 12, no shells fron Black Forest Peak can pen Tiger P's front but it's side. Thus Tiger P's front must far from 100mm.
Old 2013-03-27, 09:52   Link #5676
Kamui04

Quote:
Images
Ankou Team
She's checking if that figure is accurate down to Miho's choice of underwar
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 09:56   Link #5677
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Only 140mm effective armor still can't withstand 88mm L/71's shells from King Tiger and Jagdpanther can penetrate 203mm at below 100m with Pzgr 39 shells, and 237mm with Pzgr 40 shells; 75mm L/70 of Panther and Jagdpanzer IV can penatrate 139mm at below 100m with Pzgr 39 shells and 194mm with Pzgr 40 shells. Moreover, more angle front, less angle side (side armor only 80mm). In ep 12, no shells fron Black Forest Peak can pen Tiger P's front but it's side. Thus Tiger P's front must far from 100mm.
About all those penetration numbers: They're of 50% probability.
Old 2013-03-27, 10:24   Link #5678
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't quite remember, but the producers did say that it was a special version of the Kawasaki C-1.
Are you sure it's a C-1? I ran the numbers and a C-1 can't fit a Type-10 into the cargo bay nor carry its weight. A slightly upsized C-2 could do it.

As I recall, C-1 is to fill the tactical theater transport role like the C-130, while C-2's niche is strategic airlift, ala C-5/C-17 (both of which can transport the M1 Abrams by air.)

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-03-27, 10:36   Link #5679
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Despite the historical inaccuracy of the tanks' top speed
The biggest inaccuracy was the most obvious concerning the Type 89.

There was no way that tank could outrun a KT, let alone a Panther

The way it trolled those tanks... impossible !!

Quote:
That could be true, although for the sake of the show, I am pretty sure the production team had Tiger P's selfless sacrifice in mind, with armor angling probably as an afterthought. That being said though, it really didn't matter. Once the Tiger P got into position and situated itself... it was going to make things difficult for Erika regardless of the pounding it received.

That being said, Erika's comment about the Tiger P being a failed weapon is not quite correct.

Quote:
Are you sure it's a C-1? I ran the numbers and a C-1 can't fit a Type-10 into the cargo bay nor carry its weight. A slightly upsized C-2 could do it.
I am quite surprised Black Forest didn't pull a Gigant...

Spoiler for Dicker Max!!:

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2013-03-27 at 10:51.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-27, 11:46   Link #5680
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:

As I recall, C-1 is to fill the tactical theater transport role like the C-130, while C-2's niche is strategic airlift, ala C-5/C-17 (both of which can transport the M1 Abrams by air.)
Shape of the Forward was the C-1, not the C-2. Again, the point is that this is an alternate universe, so Kawasaki could just build a C-2 class C-1.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks