AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 18 23.38%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 29.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 22.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 15.58%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.79%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.30%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-12-17, 02:12   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index II, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Mod Note: I'm just creating the thread early again this week; the episode will air at the normal 23:30 Japan Time (14:30 UTC/9:30am EST). Please don't vote until you've watched the episode!! ~rf
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 04:21   Link #2
Xenosnake
Badass

Great episode.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 05:39   Link #3
tsunade666

oi, if I'm not mistaken it's still 3 hours more before it's been aired in japan.
Old 2010-12-17, 05:44   Link #4
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
i envy your ESPer powers
Old 2010-12-17, 08:40   Link #5
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

does anyone knows of a site like say-move since it doesnt work for me anymore?
Old 2010-12-17, 10:49   Link #6
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
... Raws get, a few seconds into it now... (not going to reveal where.)

... Looks like the animation quality went meh even further than last week's... but what do I say, can't complain too much about it can I? But anyway, I don't want that to hamper my enjoyment for this week. Moving on...

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 11:22   Link #7
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Animation-wise, not too great, but the overall episode was better than the previous episode's.

Tsuchimikado's fight was quite nice in my opinion, even if some of the jumping pose he had was downright badly drawn. But the way the anime goes to show his physical skills and his... grappling and weapon skills does give more credit than it normally does.

I liked the Himegami/Komoe scene quite a bit. The music really helped to reinforce the feeling of "isolated feelings' that Himegami has for Touma. Felt quite a bit like the Fukiyose 'almost-kissu' scene in terms of expression of feelings and thoughts go.

And damn, Oriana's animation wasn't exactly stellar, but whoever drew her overall poses for this episode definitely knew the 'sexy postures' of the female anatomy.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 11:34   Link #8
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Well, one of the major highlights for this episode, is, of course...

... Poor Himegami.

Okay, Seiri's was an accident, but... here's more waiting for Oriana to be punched.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Master Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:00   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

The episode was borderline dull... the first part was supposed to be fun, right? RIIIGHHHTTTT? Well, I didn't find said scene funny, heck, the animation was worse than the previous; the second scene was better , we have some Himegami, poor girl, at least her part kept me watching the episode.
Nightengal is right, the animator who's in charge of Oriana's scenes knows about women poses, thats good .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 12:37   Link #10
tsunade666

Though I had already read the novel and I hadn't watched it yet. But with people keep saying poor animation then I shouldn't expect much.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-17 at 21:05. Reason: May not ask for raws
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 13:53   Link #11
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though I had already read the novel and I hadn't watched it yet. But with people keep saying poor animation then I shouldn't expect much.
Add there the direction, it doesn't fill my expectatives.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2010-12-17 at 21:36. Reason: I did?
Old 2010-12-17, 15:51   Link #12
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

touma is going to murder Oriana by the time this is over.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 16:21   Link #13
tsunade666

by the next episode of this episode I wonder if it would all end in the next episode but episode 13 is apostle's cross if I remember it right so probably not.

Too fast pacing for my taste and also randomly change in animation. Points wise I would give it 8 for the sake of Aisa but if not I would probably just give it a 5 or 6.

Wilfri is right. a dull episode is dull. The fight scene is too fast and doesn't leave much impact on me. The one who give a huge impact is when Aisa was attack.

Wow blood bath. If they had done the same for tsuchimikado and touma I would probably like the anime more. Because by the time oriana arrive to corner tsuchimikado on this episode. He should be already bathed on his own blood but their is no blood and NO BLOOD AT ALL ON THE FIGHT!!!!
Old 2010-12-17, 16:57   Link #14
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskyra View Post
though from what I read here, I shouldn`t expect much, right...
It depends on your tastes. We all got diff. Opinions since we read the novels but i saw it RAW instead of SUB and still found it enjoyable and the animation wasn't bad. Though people (including me) complain because this arc doesn't have the usual animation we've seen from index by far. Though since this is the longest arc and it really doesn't have much importance compared to others i dont mind. This arc has focused more on the comedy rather than the action. So far the first ep of this arc has had the best animation.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2010-12-17 at 21:06. Reason: Remove part of quoted post
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 17:36   Link #15
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Wow blood bath. If they had done the same for tsuchimikado and touma I would probably like the anime more. Because by the time oriana arrive to corner tsuchimikado on this episode. He should be already bathed on his own blood but their is no blood and NO BLOOD AT ALL ON THE FIGHT!!!!
That is because, from what I heard, diferent animators got switched in accord to each "part" of the episode".
Old 2010-12-17, 17:45   Link #16
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

this episode was really bad, last episode we got the "worst" looking misuzu but the first scene this episode first scene she looked totally different(just like from another series), animation wise this and last episode are head to head in the worst animated figthing scenes of the series, the animation didnt have those donwspikes it had last episodes but it wasnt really good either, hell they even change the way they show blood now, and i loved how realistic it looked in first season(for reference see I_am_kami avatar/signature), at least next episode seems to have chances of beign good animated from what is seen from the preview, beacuse the quality of this season makes the show vary average.
Old 2010-12-17, 17:57   Link #17
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeniselv View Post
this episode was really bad, last episode we got the "worst" looking misuzu but the first scene this episode first scene she looked totally different(just like from another series), animation wise this and last episode are head to head in the worst animated figthing scenes of the series, the animation didnt have those donwspikes it had last episodes but it wasnt really good either, hell they even change the way they show blood now, and i loved how realistic it looked in first season(for reference see I_am_kami avatar/signature), at least next episode seems to have chances of beign good animated from what is seen from the preview, beacuse the quality of this season makes the show vary average.
Its not this season. Just this arc. Never read so many complaints. Misuzu looked better here actually. I've said this before, they got better arcs and fights to put money,animation, and time on. This arc even in the novels had me more concentrated on comedy.
Old 2010-12-17, 18:06   Link #18
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
All right, that confirms it. Oriana needs to die a very painful death.

Komoe continues to prove herself as one of the best characters in the series. Heck, she deserves her own series.
Old 2010-12-17, 18:13   Link #19
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
A

Komoe continues to prove herself as one of the best characters in the series. Heck, she deserves her own series.
Totally agree, Komoe sensei needs her own spin off with 2 of her roommates.
Old 2010-12-17, 18:29   Link #20
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Ok, Finally saw the SUB. Gotta say this ep is the second best of the arc so far. The fight was good so i don't have any idea what the complaints are about. The fight music was epic also. Also
zeniselv its not that the blood was better in the last season. It funny how noticed this but so far the animation always seems to be better at night. You'll notice the same thing in season 1 where whenever it was at night the animation was awesome. When MISAKA clone was killed(night). My sig(night) accel fight(night) This season ep 1 (night) ep 7 (night). The animation this ep wasn't bad. Sure there are 2-3 parts where characters look a little diff. Like Duskyra said with komeos big head and same for himegami, but its nothing big.

This arcs eps went like this.

Ep8-Very good animation.
Ep9-Meh
Ep10-Better( clap clap)
Ep11- Much better.

Also as tsunade said. Ep 13 says apostles cross but the preview says otherwise. Any ideas?